Breaking Day Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KalDarov
KalDarov
133 Followers

I shook my head, "PCP doesn't make you eat people."

"Wanna bet? I guarantee you if it's laced with some compound the people taking it would eat a baby if you put it in front of them thinking it's a pizza. They go fucking crazy," she stated.

I still wasn't convinced, "I've seen it in their eyes. It's no drug."

She laughed; a kind of laugh that makes you think the person started thinking less of you, maybe it was my imagination, "Baby, you don't know how people can be. They steal, they cheat and they do drugs. When they're good the people can be babies. However, when a person turns evil... that's what's out there at night. Not Satan and his minions. Just bad guys doing bad things."

Her sudden dismissal hurt, not going to lie. But I was focused on getting the provisions.

"Damn," I started to curse.

"What?" again that strange look.

I shook my head, "I just realized we don't have any bags. I haven't taken my backpack from the car."

She rolled her eyes, "We have these," she showed the store's bags strewn across the floor, "Also we women have a bag as well. We can carry some of our stuff back."

Rounding up whatever weapons we could find, mostly broom handles and hammers. We might be able to fend of the crazed mob in the situation that just seem to get crazier by the passing second. I wanted to tie something to a handle. A knife would do, but there was little time. I filed the tweaking of weapons in my future missions, if there were any. Perhaps this was all just raving people on drugs.

Approaching the back door, women stood behind me, while I checked the outside. Gazing left and right I could see nothing but empty space and a path leading to the street outside.

I turned towards the ladies, "Ok, there is nothing out there, if something does come for us remain calm and hug the sidewalk as much as you can, do not get separated from each other. We will go to my car and then back to where I live, from there we could call police and whoever else we can."

We exited the back of the store.

Following the path to the street we encountered destruction that I only have seen in apocalyptic movie settings.

Overturned cars, burning stores and trash all over the place. Lots of debris littered all over the ground. Magazines and whatnot were thrown and lying all over the road while we walked past them and further into the unknown. I have just noticed, but I haven't seen any police officers or riot squadrons since I entered this area. The news said it should've been sectioned off. But so far nothing. Suddenly we started seeing blood and guts all over the incoming store front. Men and women were attacked and we could see that their guts were ripped apart. Their bodies contorted in a weird way, guts ripped out and organs missing. From what I saw their intestines were lying all over the pavement, for few moments I thought there was more people involved. But God only six people and the entire side of the street was a bloody mess. The smell of blood heavy in the air.

We tried to walk past but the women started to vomit. The few places we tried not looking but the imagery was burnt into our minds. The smell just amplified it tenfold. The women wanted to scream, but I held them back from screaming as we ran the last 50 yards to my car.

I felt someone reaching behind my back. I expected any second someone would pull me back and my fate would be the same as those poor people. With all my strength and courage, I continued. I remembered the man that I killed. His odd behavior only heightening the sensation.

My hands were shaking as I tried to open my car door. I couldn't focus and I found it extremely funny, I was calm and cool by nature, but I could see that the images I just saw shook me deep to the core. What kind of animal would do that?

"What kind of fucking drug does that?" I spat as I fumbled with my key, "On what does one have to be to rip a person in half and fucking dismember him. Not twice, not three times, but fucking EIGHT times," I hissed as I dropped my keys on the ground.

The women behind me oddly quiet. I glanced at them and they were crying. Silently. I won't lie, I was pretty proud of that blowout. Kind off.

Finally unlocking the door and releasing the lock I let the ladies in my car. We drove final 20 minutes in silence. Oddly, there were no people nor destruction in this part of town. Granted I don't think Jewel's friends were there in the first place. Who would stay at that place? When we reached my house I parked in the sidewalk; we exited and ran into the house locking ourselves behind the closed door. Groceries were dragged behind us. My back leaned against the door. My legs finally giving out. I slid down on the floor and just stopped.

I stopped thinking and just enjoyed the walls of my sanctuary. I would love to be in my room back home, however, this is a close second place. I don't know how much time had passed. But I finally realized I wasn't alone. Damn.

The women were riveted on the happenings on the TV.

TV was still showing images from all over the city. While we're out the situation seemed to escalate all over the place. It was like a fire evolved to a full blown inferno. People running at each other looting and starting to kill one another for no fucking reason. There was a scary absence of police. Containing this thing seemed impossible. I watched the ladies looking blankly at the TV.

"Ladies there is one bathroom in my room you can take it and have a shower. Another is down the hall. The bed is yours, I'll sleep here on the floor; we need rest, I'll call the cops right now." I spoke softly while they were looking at me.

Phone line was busy first 4 times as I tried to get connection to local police department, but finally I got through; only to be let down by automated emergency system.

"Our lines are currently busy. If you or any of your close ones are in need of medical assistance please go to your local hospital."

It played on the loop over and over, it was the same for police department. What is happening to the world? Fuck walking out in this shit. What if WE need an ambulance right now? Shit.

"We have no idea what is happening-..." Voice on the TV started to talk, a long drawn out pause right after I picked up my remote and blasted the volume so the entire house could hear what the reporter had to say.

"There have been reports of random cannibalism.... We have no way of confirming... we lost our lines with our contacts in the vicinity where the riots were happening. Currently we are seeing horrific pictures of people in distress, um I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, and viewers of our TV station we are unable to do our job properly in case our reporters get attacked.... Again."

He was shaken and apparently very close to breaking point. Women came out of my bedroom and saw what was happening to their home town, while I had no emotional connection, all of their families probably lived out there.

"Here call your families and tell them that you are ok. Tell them where you are and what you were doing. Police and EMT's are not available we need to get there if we need any help." I explained while handing the closest woman my phone.

"By the way my name is Ian." I introduced myself while they were taking the phone out of my hand.

The looks they gave me were full of calming energies. Stark difference from the looks I was given inside the store. Shit. But, I knew that their mental health was still intact and they were mostly all right. These past few hours took a toll on me too, we're going to be fine.

But, for how long?

The news went on, ". . .Ladies and gentlemen this is the apocalypse."

I shut the doom and gloom off. I started to think about the future. What if this thing persists? My hands shook.

This was the apocalypse.

KalDarov
KalDarov
133 Followers