All Comments on 'Bridie and Lucy - A Student Fantasy'

by STEPHENA

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
ag2507ag2507about 13 years ago
Erm!

Stephen: this is riddled with technical errors and while it makes for a goodish story it could have been a much better story building the relationship between Jake Bridie and Lucy. Whilest Jake's solo dig is a stretch, any dig like that involves oodles of paperwork and photography. such a find without that would be valueless. Secondly, in that part of the world, if Jake had left a dig exposed like that, the night hawks (illegal metal detectorists) would have been over itand found his little hoard, third, the gold has to be handed over to the crown to see if it belongs to the crown or the landowner and what portion goes to the finder. fourth, the site would become the location for a major excavation to assess the context of such an apparantly important find. Fifthly, Jake would have been hauled over the coals for not calling for help while the pot was still in the ground and sixthly, there is no way two first year archaeology students would have been able to identify the pot so confidently, heck, even Jake would have struggled.

as you say - good fantasy, short on reality.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous