Broken Homes - Revised

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JH-1
JH-1
120 Followers

The boys had done their homework and made many trips to Austin to watch drag boats.

They were interested in the unlimited class where anything goes as far as boat hull and engine size was concerned.

They had picked the name "All Out Corp."

Roy and I told them to do it and we would back them.

Having them all at home for a while was very good for Roy and I. They were either on the show floor, selling new boats and motors or in the shop working on boats and motors.

I gave them a bay to build their drag boat and race out of.

They bought a hull and made some modifications to it that were known only to them.

They chose the biggest Hemi engine Chrysler made, put a blower on it and used nitro methane for fuel.

Eric was better at building and tuning engines, so that's what he did.

Mark and Brandon started modifying the hull they had bought.

I suggested they might want to make a device like that used on P.T. boats during WWII. It consisted of a short funnel in front of the prop, a straight section along the prop, with a longer funneled section behind the prop.

Finally it was all finished and they named it "Hard Work I".

The day came when they placed it on the trolley behind the shop and rolled it into the lake.

It was decided Brandon would drive it first. He started the engine and idled out into the bay behind the shop.

When he stabbed it, that boat left the line like a scalded dog. The rooster tail it left behind was nearly 150 ft. high.

Brandon turned around and stood on it coming back.

The girls had all come out to watch. Sharron was standing by me and said "My god Jerry, that thing really hauls ass."

Brandon finally shut it down and idled up to our dock. His grin told it all. "Guys ole "Hard Work I" is everything we hoped for."

They let the engine cool for a while and then re-fueled it.

Both Mark and Eric then took turns to drive the boat.

That weekend there was to be a big race in Austin. The "All Out Corp" loaded "Hard Work I" on the trailer and headed for the races.

Late Sunday night the kids called to tell us that "Hard Work I" had won hands down. Nothing else had even come close.

They made the circuit where drag boat races were being held with the same results. "Hard Work I" showed everyone the way home.

When the season ended, the kids brought the boat home.

Un-known to them I had added another bay to the shop. I had the doors lettered, Home of Hard work I and Home of Hard Work II.

"Hard Work I" was backed into the bay assigned to it. In the other bay, there was a second hull that Roy and I had bought.

I had called Chrysler for a replacement engine for "Hard Work I" and told them I needed a second engine for the new boat. When I told them the engines were for the "All Out Corp" their Racing Director got on the phone and asked "Are you guys going to build a second boat?"

I told him that we were.

"Would you be willing to put the Chrysler name on the boats if we furnished the engines to you as a sponsor?"

"I'd say so. My younger generation and their wives are actually the racing team, but they've been looking for a sponsor."

The racing director said "Mr. Johnson I'll have 6 new crated Hemi engines in your shop in about three days."

The new engines, along with Chrysler decals were sitting on the floor of the shop when "Hard Work I" was backed in.

Eric asked "Dad, how did you know we were going to build a second boat and call it Hard Work II?"

"Well, a little bird told me" I said. (Renee had called Sharron one night and mentioned that they were thinking about a second boat. Of course Sharron told me.)

The other boys had been listening. Mark said "My god...6 new engines. That must have cost a fortune."

"Not really Mark. Since the "All Out Corp" has made such a name for itself, Chrysler wants to sponsor you. I had called for engines for Hard Work I and II and When the Racing Director saw it was for the "All Out Corp" he got on the phone and said Chrysler wanted to sponsor the team. I told him OK and he sent you 6 new engines...no charge."

There was a shout from the house. (The girls had gone up to help their mothers with supper.) Sharron came running into the shop out of breath. "Jerry, Renee is pregnant."

I raised my eyebrows as I looked at Brandon. He had this silly grin on his face and just shrugged his shoulders.

A few days later, there was another sign under the one that said P.Cove. It read Home of Hard Work I & II.

It had started all over again.

Well, that's my story. I knew the other girls would not be far behind Renee in becoming pregnant. The next generation was on its way.

FIN.

Author's note: Yes I'm from Texas and have fished Possum Kingdom Lake many times. There is a "Hells Gate" on it. I attended the college in Arlington, but when I attended it was a two year junior college. Its name at that time was Arlington State College. Since then it has become The University of Texas at Arlington, a four year college. JH-1

JH-1
JH-1
120 Followers