All Comments on 'Brownwood: Ghost of XMas Past'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

It was a good "revenge" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, this type of ending, particularly a cheating wife crawling back to her husband with her tail tucked between her legs, only happens in stories. The real life Belle would have found another schmuck in the music industry because her greed for her new high profile lifestyle - with its promise and lavish trappings - would ensure poor hubby remain a sacrificial footnote. A grovelling, humbled wife is very rare indeed...

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Ho! Ho! Hoo!

Ho! Ho! Hooo! A Very Merry to you and the Beauty. This story was one of the best Christmas gifts I have received so far, and I expect it will only get better when DFWBeast puts pen to paper, or in this case black pixels over white pixels. LOL!

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
Belle LeDonn?

How can you expect to be taken seriously?

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 9 years ago
life well lived

It's the best revenge there is.

Nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DeYaKahn hit it right on the head, a life well lived is the best revenge.

I see he just write a 10 page story , which I will read. This was a very good story by this author. To bad she let love behind for a bad dream in the music industry. She sold her sole and it came back to bite her. A sad tale , no happy ending here. This shit happens everyday. How does that saying go when your married. In sickness and in health to death do you part. Stay strong and monogamous , sell your sole and be damed in hell. Fits this story.

dinkymacdinkymacover 9 years ago
Great!

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
And a merry christmas to you!

Dagoatmandavid said it cya later 5stars loved the story

mazeratimazeratiover 9 years ago
Nicely done

A life well lived is the best revenge. I can arguably assume that he did indeed cause issues for her after the fact, and is that truly a life well lived?

It would have been better served if Belle self destructed without the push, discovered on her own who Vince really was, and realized on her own what a true bitch she

is.

Then it truly would have been revenge by living well.

I liked how Mo and Reggie got together, but I find the way she talked degrading. It would have been better for me without the racial innuendoes or at least toned down. It didn't work in this story where in others it enhanced the tale. My opinion.

Overall, well done.

Maz

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Slow to start

Pedestrian at best. I never really felt the emotion of her betrayal. It seemed like fairly standard stuff for the entertainment business. Just wasn't clever or entertaining. Maybe next time.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
5 stars

Mo and Ron's final exchange put it over the top for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tuna Fish Music

was the copyright music publishing company for 60s/70s folk/blues/jazz solo artist Laura Nyro. Sure she is dead now, but could Ronnie really have been able to use that same name? As you know, music is a legacy that transcends death.

FYI, in a story that namedrops real celebrity names, fact checking details should be important.

That said, it surely didn't hamper my enjoyment of your little tale. Nicely done, and short and to the point. I'll agree that Mo's dialogue was a little overdone at the end, but I had to wonder if it wasn't an embellished act, inspired for Belle's "benefit", since her visit was anticipated by Mo herself? But the humor value it provided helped to ease the drama level of the loss that Belle was only just beginning to come to grips with. My favorite part of the exchange was Ron ignoring Belle, and ultimatley slamming the door in her face.

Merry Christmas indeed!

BTW, not ALL musicians are tempermental recluses, are we? Nah.....

Thanks!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Not a heavy BTB revenge?

This was one of the heavyest BTB revenge I have read in LW...All he did and then the final were well more destructive than any other revenge!!! Very good story...

cueball961cueball961over 9 years ago
Good Job!

This story is a vivid reminder of the old adage, "Be careful of the toes you step on when you're headed to the top, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss on the way back down,"

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

The humiliation of the cheating skank was way more than enough retribution. That's what happens when you cheat. Fucking cunt.

Five Stars

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Exactly!

That's the way you do it! You get knocked down, and you get back up and keep moving! You know who your friends are and who they are not! No hemming and hawing like so many of these painful tales of cowardice and indecision! Excellent - 5 only because I cannot make it a 6!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
That was very very good.

You nailed it! 5 star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Sorry DFWBeast. I am apologizing to you because your story doesn't get a fair shake.

It's " Goin Back Home Again " by Rehnquist that broke the mold. At least where musician's are concerned. As I read the first page and a half I just kept thinking how good the story by Rehnquist is and the way he would write the dialogue, the confrontation, etc.

I was happy to see the 'MO' character taking up with the protagonist. That finally stopped the thoughts of Rehnquist writing the scene.

" Goin Back Home Again " has one of the top scores on LW ! So it isn't fair. But it is there.

Sorry about that, but most people will probably read " Brownwood: Ghost of Xmas Past" first and you will get a fair shake from them.

My wife is always complaining about my memory. Remember everything and you are difficult to live with !!

I enjoy your stories. Look forward to the next one. I am

AMerryMan

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Ronnie figured out the truth

Living well AND ruining those who have wronged you is truly the best revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
If you are going to use a particular industry...

as a backdrop, some knowledge or at least a little background caged from google would help. THis story broke down for me even before we knew the characters when the big bad record company peeled a band apart. It's not 1972 and no one offers a contract because someone fits the suit.

mallahmallahover 9 years ago
You know...

You know it's too bad that the same recording company didn't come and try to talk to one of the bands Ronnie managed. That when they came to sit down at the table and found out that Ronnie managed them...oh the joy that would have brought...LOL...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. Very well done. Thanks.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Well written and executed. Especially the ending.

And for the Anon's: It's FICTION! It's not going to be perfectly accurate to real life. The feeling in the story comes off as real life and that's why it's so good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good BTB story

Congrats. Good BTB story. Four out of five. This isn't my favourite genre. But you told the story well and the characters all had good voices.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5*

love a good BTB once in a while. thanx.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That was a good one

My ex tracked me down for some reason a few years ago. We'd been divorced 4 years after her cheating for about 2 of our 3 year marriage. She expected me to accept it after I found out and was absolutely shocked when I left.

The whore found out I'd bought a small piece of land and built a cabin on it. She should become a PI, as hard as she worked to find me. But when she did, after a few tearful sorry's on the front porch, asking if we had any chance to get back together, it was apropos when my new wife walked out to be introduced. My ex was stunned, especially when our toddler of 2 1/2 years was in her arms, along with 7 months of big belly. Our second was going to be a little girl too.

I made the introductions and my ex cried throughout them. You see, we had always planned on a family, she just started cheating before we could get it started. Basically I was living our dream, a little place of our own and babies running around in the yard. When she left, the last thing I hope she saw, was me playing catch with my little girl who had no chance to catching a ball yet.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
ARTISTIC INDUSTRIES OR

what can you do for me now. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Tough Story

The fact is that the singer only thought about herself and lived with images of the past.

New things are happening and her attempt to obtain information fails completely.

Nice spy story.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing .

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
A blue Christmas ? or .....

....... The Christmas blues?

davwoodavwooover 8 years ago
Christmas is not good for everyone

Are we all mysogonists? I sometimes wonder if I must be one to relish in these BTB stories. 5 stars from me. Excellent writing

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago
Davwoo

Not all of you. But if guess the majority of you here are. It's the reason you come to a porn site then spend all your time reading about misery and violence and death instead of you know, sex.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
WOW

what a horrible skank whore belle was. she was and is the scum of the earth. death is too good for her. hopefully she lives a long horrid life filled with death of all she holds dear if such exist...

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

I know nothing about the music business, but if Bell REALLY loved Ronnie, she would have told the record company that if they wanted her, they took at least Ronnie, if not the entire band. Yes, the record company might have told her “No”, but that’s what you do for those you love!

“Midnight Belle came under attack” – How were they able to use the name without Ronnie’s approval? Or did he give it when they told him their lies about his role?

“you know what life on the road is, how lonely it can get." – Life on the road wouldn’t have been so lonely if she had stood by her husband, then he would have been there with her!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Great short!

I guess being a cheap piece of skanky ass for a pathetic dickwad wasn't so fulfilling!

God I loved the sister taking ownership of Ronnie and fucking his Goddamned brains out with her yummy chocolate ass!

Loved this one!

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
So, so predictable.

Both the characterisations and the comments. Did this super stud Ronnie show an ounce of love and concern for Belle when they were together and being seduced by the record company?? Did he fight to be with his "true love"?? Did his "talent" so overwhelm everyone that the whole music industry take pity on him and assist his rise to mediocrity afterwards?? His actions at the start of the tale demonstrate clearly that he was ballless, spineless and tactless. If he had all the honing and polishing talent in the band why was he not showing it? He rolled over like a piece of limp lettuce in a draught and he got shat on!! Boo hoo!! He really didn't deserve Belle and ended up with a cheap imitation. He deserves to have his Christmas spoiled by his personal Grinch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
bachgenbachdrwg

I get a kick out of your cmments. According to your thinking a husband shows how much he loves his wife by setting up a spa day for her after she has entertained the 1st Panzer Division. Husband did everything he could to be supportive until he found her supported on someone else's cock. I know, you would have run out and brought back the rest of the band and the roadies if it was your wife.

Good for you. I am sure your wife is so appreciative!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

"Of course if things work out, I'll have to get used to it. Well, at least for a little while." - What's that supposed to mean? That if she gets Ronnie back she'll eventually drag him back to LA?

Not to repeat what I said in my original comment, but she should have DEMANDED that Ronnie wasn't PART of her management, he was her manager, period!

"the song that was doing the best was the only one of Ronnie's that the record company had grudgingly used." - Sweet justice! The shove him aside and his song is the biggest hit!

MAYBE they could have survived the cheating, but on top of the disrespect that caused him to leave the tour and enable the cheating there was no hope.

"she never found the magic that Midnight Belle had once had." - She destroyed the magic when she broke up the original band.

It's funny how NOW, when it's too late she can see what she SHOULD have done!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
most of the revenge

His main revenge was aimed at the record label, making the band a non-profit proposition for them.

They did wrong by him, he owed them nothing good.

Once that was done the rest just fell into place on its own.

cockcriticcockcriticalmost 7 years ago
Betrayal

Belle's biggest mistake was when she chose her career for her marriage, eventually she lost her marriage and her career then petered out.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Love your stories

Love your stories and love reading the stories even if I don’t like them. Always an emotion of some type at the end of each one. Well done

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Damn that was cold. I can't say she didn't deserve it, but it was a first to make me feel a bit uncomfortable and slightly sympathetic to Belle. And I'm usually all about the cheater getting what s coming to them. This I felt was a bit over the line. I think living better and her seeing him flourish without her would have been more poetic.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

I felt zero sympathy for Belle. She tossed aside her husband at the first sniff of fame, cheating on him the first chance she got. The silly slut deserved to see her dreams ruined and her nose rubbed in her husband finding happiness without her.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years ago
Very well done.

Well put together. Great job.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Excellent!

"Remember to take out the trash",

was just the icing on the cake, lol.

Good story and well written.

Top ratings from me.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Bravo!

Terrific story. Perfect karma ending. *****

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Wicked

That was wicked, but exactly what the cheating bitch deserved for the way she treated him. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfect!

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

I think a Christmas time there is always forgiveness. All of your stories don’t have to be fuck you your dead to me. Sometimes they are truly mistakes that happen and you can get things back on track. Sometimes they really are loving wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a perfect BTB. Wife, although semi-famous life as a performer, is a lonely one with a life long of regrets, whereas Ron came back from the abyss and living has an emotional and loving partner

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just a little dab of beastly sadness without the happy cuckold ending. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good riddance Bella

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"Ronnie had tried to surprise her again the next weekend" - I realize that she'd already been cheating for a while, but after a passionate reunion with her husband, she couldn't even last a week before fucking Vince again?

\

"It seemed like you didn't want me to chase a dream that we'd talked about even when we were just dating in college." - As he said, it was THEIR dream, but she made it all about her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! Thanks for playing Bella!

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

What happened here? We have a male mc that has self control? He did not automatically cave, get a hard on, and fall into bed to have sex with the ex. I beleive that is against all the basic rules and regulations for lw. I am certain that a penalty is on the way .

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nice story. But, the btb burn needed a lot more heat.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Accepting as fact that she loved him, and that she truly regretted leaving him behind, she couldn't at least be faithful?

\

"I thought I'd stop by and surprise you." - The last time she surprised him it wasn't much fun.

\

"how sorry I am things turned out the way they did." = Things didn't "turn out," they happened because of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5*

Bitch got BURNED!

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Well thats the way to show her it’s over

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Good story. Thank you.

Xavier3737Xavier37377 months ago

Just what the bitch deserves!!!!!!!!!

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Wish this author still wrote and posted here. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ouch.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So Belle turns out to be the more classy of the two.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Now THAT is what you call a smackdown!

Some "mistakes" don't deserve "do overs".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES