All Comments on 'Brownwood: I Dreamed Ch. 06'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
illjoyilljoyabout 9 years ago
Unfortunately

Called it, da drugs strikes again. Still interesting read though.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 9 years ago

Forced - you were doing well by showing that trust would always be an issue here, but than all of sudden one price tag is shown and bam, they are engaged....you are a great writing, but you rush things and it comes off as unbelievable

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
MOST DREAMS ARE HAPPY

some dreams are fearful to awaken and find they may be true. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Seemed pretty inorganic

With a lot of unresolved issues, but whatever. I'm sure everything will be fine

dreamer213dreamer213about 9 years ago
No support for Bree

Don't care for her and no chemistry. Relationship seem manipulated.

vazkor13vazkor13about 9 years ago
I just loved it

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Loved it!

So nice to read a happy ending

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Nice Ending to a fine work

Those who believe that anything can be a wrap before a burial sheet are living in a world of fantasy and not reality. Thanks for some great entertainment.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
one more chapter

There is one more chapter to go, still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off.

Some things can be fixed.

Some things should be fixed.

Some things it is better to replace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
In this case . . .

the happy ending seemed earned. The deep pain along the way made it real.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
The beautyfull ones hurt you all the time (Prince)

It's a sad truth that all similar storys in Romance,Loving wifes or other categories start with a beautyfull girl or wife hurting or cheating on you,They expect so much out of life but many times they fall in the wrong hands wich mostly destroys them,some learn a lesson others are never able to rebuild theyr lives ,like Zack said many girls want a bad boy but end up being destroyed

Extremly well written story that compares easely with the best

An easy 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Does Bree deserve a "3rd" chance?

This reader would suggest a follow up chapter with Bree having to REALLY earn Zach's trust again! Way to often, the male in these stories suffers far more than he should and the female receives "a pass" when it is clear one was NOT deserved!

Dear readers you would ask this commenter HOW and the answer has to come from the author. It is questionable to say the least if Bree can ever be trusted again BUT if she is going to receive "another" pass then she has to prove it every day ... that is how she can show she is a "changed" woman DESERVING of Zach's love AND trust.

What say you DFWBeast?

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
mistake

You have painted a picture of this woman. It is not a pretty picture. The episode with the doctor was a case in point. She's gotta be the center of attention. She will never quit flirting. She will not last for the long haul. Her actions prove her words false. Your story may put them together, but in reality it wouldn't work. Somewhere down the road, she'll realize it wasn't really love but shame.

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
5 Stars But . . .

This was an exceptionally good story, well told with fully developed characters (ALL of them!) Congratulations on a fine piece of writing.

I have to say that I don't believe that they will last as a couple. Bree has proven she can screw up anything, and that's not going to change.

LimchenghoeLimchenghoealmost 9 years ago
Does Zach love her so much?

Her own self-inflicted sufferings notwithstanding (mostly due to her early loss of moral discipline from interactions with boys at dance parties) Bree has no one to blame, least of all Zach who had loved her in vain. Instead of returning his love and futile attempts at helping her she dumped him to be with other boys whose only agenda was to plunder her body as was revealed by the DVD from Ty.

I don't recall any mention (up to the point of Zach's and Bree's renewed attempt at reconciliation) of Ty's accusation about her whorish actions ever been refuted by her - the episode with Ty and two others having sex with her following her breakup with Zach had been videotaped. I therefore cannot understand how Bree's family could defend her and blame Zach for her misfortune (own sluttish behaviour which got her pregnant not once, but twice).

Zach, despite his physical (got shot) and emotional ( blamed by friends and family) pains, received no understanding nor sympathy from Bree's family and ended up the loser on all counts. So why did he want her back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What's THE point ... DFWBeast???

Unless .... you were trying to show you can write a Wimp Cuckyboy story with the best of them! If that's the case, then you succeeded!!!

Clearly not your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damaged

I'm not saying it's impossible ,but those are a couple of awfully damaged people you created.

They sound more like a couple that should break up permanently but can't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hashtag

#RetardedReconciliationRailways

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Wow!

A real good story BUT I think this guy is opening the door for a future of hurt and misery and heartache for himself and his daughter. This girl has an answer and an excuse for every bad thing she did. Here she is trying to save her relationship with her 'boyfriend' and she's flirting and enjoying the flirting of the handsome doctor. Is that how you try and save a relationship? I was rooting for this guy through the entire story but I think he made the wrong choice at the end. Thank you for an entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Clearly an imposter has hacked into DFWBeast account!?!

RAAC, cheating WHORE wife apologist, CuckyBoy drivel like this turd of a story can't possibly come from a writer of his stature ..... can it????

Here's to hoping you regain control of your account and your manhood DFWBeast.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
I'm Torn

I DO love happy endings (even though I tend towards BTB!), but I'm just not sure how I eel here.

I suppose I can chalk up her earlier actions to immaturity, but her ripping his heart out, then returning and putting his family in jeopardy (and getting him shot!) then trying to force her way back into his life just rubs me the wrong way.

I think I would have liked it better if they parted as friends and each went on to find new love.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 8 years ago
What a can you have opened.

What a wonderful puzzle you have presented your readers!

I am usually very careful what I read. I put myself into the main characters shoes usually... (The nonhuman stories in Literotica REALLY are hard on my head! LOL)

...so this story has put several options before me of wondering what to do if I were the lead character. It is absolutely delicious, the choices one can take. The reasons or the pro/cons of the situation. I truly do not know what I would have done.

Stay with Bree or not? Find someone else or not? Stay in Brownwood or not? Have the coffee or the wine? I think I like your writing style. Will be interested in what you come up with next.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
Okay, you finally did it in this story

I expect good spelling, proper sentence structure, and an organic plot. If you can't do that, it's like a cook who can't even make a steak. How hard is a steak?

From there, I hope for engaging characters (if not likable ones), an Interesting plot.

But at the end of the day, even if a story runs long. Even if it has some not very nice characters, even if there is a trace of tedium in the story...if you can hit one of my buttons, all is forgiven. An idea, an connection to the people, a well structured sentence. A touch of craft in the story.

"What I think she's wanting," she said gently, "is hope."

Set up, swing, BAM!

All is forgiven. This story rocks. It just cut to the entire heart of the issue and made me actually FEEL in this story, and that is something every author wants to accomplish.

Thank you for this.

Now let's see if you fuck it up in the next chapter (I can only be nice for so long...)

McAnonMcAnonabout 8 years ago
Grand

I do like happy endings and this story ran the full range till it finally got there. However there were enough either/or options to keep the tension going and it felt genuine.

Well done

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 7 years ago
Excellent Writing

This is a very well-written series. In terms of plot, interesting and compelling. My only issue is the ending - I can't see how this couple could reconcile. More to the point, I don't see how the man could take her back. Yes she is beautiful, but that seems to be her only asset and she burned him consistently. Great series, though.

ndut123ndut123about 7 years ago
FD45 says it right

My sentiments exactly

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 7 years ago
Simply don't like Bree

Can't find any point of connection.

She just seems like an unexplainable idiot who absolutely destroyed everything for apparently no reason.

Good writing as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I have stopped enjoying the story.

The writing quality is good, the flow is good, the characters have developed into neurotic idiots. Bree is unbalanced, doesn't know what she wants, radical behavior changes, acts like she is bipolar, just waiting for the next disaster the strike. Zach is so dense he is asking his damaged mother for relationship advise about his damaged girlfriend. Nothing good will become of this and I no longer care enough about the story to continue reading.

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Home Run!

Gripe, gripe, gripe! The story is about human beings who are imperfect by nature. So she's not perfect. So he's not perfect. So what? They've both made progress. I am especially happy to see Zach turning into a real man. You complainers and gripers need to get real!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
come on bree

Bree says she wouldn't have gone further with dr dick but she should have stopped it when it started...little over a month...every shift.

She supposedly loves Zach, is trying to re-build relationship, she is LIVING with him. Dr says he did not know she was in a commited relationship...I don't believe that...he would have asked around...doris? would have mentioned it to him when he started hitting on bree.

In all the little hospital get togethers with others present Shannon would have been asked about.

Bree's excuse...he made me feel attractive...she allowed guy to get close enough to brush her hair back and swooned....if Zach hadn't been there she would have not later after confrontation read dr riot act.

If she actually felt that way, she would have told him immediately instead of wetting her panties.

As far as Zach feeling guilty about Karla he had not been with bree for years.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 6 years ago
A simple truth

There is a lot of truth in what Zacks caracter said in his interview with Sarah at the counseling,a truth we men have to face when engaged to a pretty woman

"I don't understand why women think the bad boy they're sleeping with will someday love them enough to change their ways, and be a loving, faithful husband and father. It almost never happens. What does happen is he'll treat her like dirt, break her heart, and in the end she'll be damaged goods. She'll think every guy out there is only after one thing, and she'll find enough horny guys out there to prove her right.

"So who ends up picking up those pieces? The poor fool who falls in love with her, that's who. He'll have to fight through all her hurts and fears, let alone his own baggage, just to make her believe they can somehow be happy together. Maybe, just maybe, they'll end up sharing a life together. But in the back of his mind he'll always know, if Mr. Perfect were to ever walk into her life, she'd leave him or at least she'd want to in her heart."

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Question

Do you really believe that any man would be stupid enough to take a woman who had hurt him that badly, multiple times, back into his life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stupid and disapointing ending to a well written story.

My reasons:

- "Michelle will be hurt if you don't go. She's always had a crush on you, you know."

Mother, fuck you and back of!. Did you learn anything about boundaries and don't messing with my life?

- "All right, Mom, I'll call them."

Henpecked, anyone?

- "Zach," Priscilla added softly. "We'd love to have you there."

[...] "Other than feeling like I've been tricked into coming out here? Yeah, I'm all right. I'll get over it."

Obvious question. Why? I think they haven't seen him in ages. He was supposed to have brains and smell a trap a mile away.

- "How could you, Zach? How could you do that to me?"

Again what did she exactly do to her? Have some rough sex? She acting all bhurt with him? Did he act the same way with Ty after she gangraped her or after she used her as a punching bag? Sorry this is a BIG loose end in the story. Still you haven't addressed her lies aabout the gangbang.

- "No. You deserved some kind of bad karma or revenge but not that. No one deserves that. Bree, I can't tell you how ashamed I am of what I did. That isn't who I am and it's sure not the type of man I want around my daughter."

Getting tired of this shit.

- "But Bree? You can't keep blaming yourself for everything. It's killing you."

Why not? She made the worst choices she could. How come it's not her fault? She even brought the asshole into his life.

- "If I'm going to be completely honest then you need to know the whole story. Afterwards, you can decide what to do with it, but you do need to hear this... all of it."

Excuse, wasn't that her line when they met after the reunion? How many times is she going to come clean with till the whole truth comes out? How can he trsut anything she says after she lied or hide really important facts from him?

- "Bree, I was wrong," he interjected. "I don't believe you're a slut."

Why not? If the shoe fits... Talking about drugs... It was never mentioned if she did some kind of rehab.

- "The reason I said the guy you choose to love would be lucky is because it's true. That man will be damn lucky! Bree, you are something incredibly special and I'm not talking about how hot you are."

Unbelievable bullshit to make the RAAC work.

- Yeah, you've made some bad decisions over the years, who hasn't?

Excuse me? That kind REALLY bad decision are not that common. Cheating on the guy she professed to love? Becoming the slut and the puching bag of an abusive asshole? Lying again to the guy she wanted back and messing his life badly? Bree is the queen of bad decisions.

The fact that I'm feeling really angry about Bree and Zach getting back together means that you failed to make belive it was possible.

-"Son?" he said in a low, rumbling whisper. "If you ever hurt my daughter like that again, there aren't enough angels in heaven to keep me from hunting you down."

Does it work the other way around? Can I kick your balls if she hurts me really bad again?

- Zach hated to admit it, but he was actually beginning to like the guy.

Wimp!

- "Not that I would've let it go any further but I should've stopped it when it first started. I am so sorry, honey."

She should have stopped it... but she didn't. All the reasons she give him are the same bullshit cheaters spit out when they are caught.

-To put it bluntly, do you have enough trust in Bree, and yourself, to try again?"

Good question. Short answer, no he hasn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have reacted the way he did. If he trusted her, he wouldn't have seen nothing wrong with some minor flirting. But what happened wasnt some minor flirting. She admitted she was atracted to the doctor and let him reach too far. What would have happened if Zach didn't stop the situation like he did. Talking in writing terms, this is what I call "a twist that kills the story". So far you had a really hard to believe reconciliation. The flirting twist was the "coup of grace". Any doubt I had that their relationship is not going to work because she's still a cheating slut were confirmed.

- "Sarah was right when she said you need to decide if you trust me, trust our love enough to try again. I know you, Zach. If you get a thought stuck in your head, you're like a pit bull. You can't let go of it. If you don't believe there's any hope for us then there won't be."

She's blameshifting him again. He has every reason not to trust her. Instead of understanding where he comes from, she is again forcing him to make a decision.

- So she is going "to work a lot" and she's leaving him again. If I were in his shoes I would hire a PI to follow her and make sure her "long hours of working" are not going to be on her back.

- "Please... please don't take a long time to decide. This is killing both of us."

Again she puts pressure on him. The last part makes obvious that theya r enot ready to take that step. They should not marry because they are not ready. there are a lot of trust issues and a lot of unresovled stuff between them. He has a daughter in the equation and he should expose her to someone as toxic as Bree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Does Anyone Really Think She's Changed

For the better? It's only a matter of time till she fucks him over again.

"Son?" he said in a low, rumbling whisper. "If you ever hurt my daughter like that again, there aren't enough angels in heaven to keep me from hunting you down." A lot of concern over what she did to him, right dad?

Blayloch said something to Bree, making her laugh and then he reached over and brushed a hair from her face. Zach felt his heart stop beating the moment he saw her almost swoon! Oh, yeah, baby she won't hurt you again.

Her face showed her surprise and then her guilt as she read his reaction.

He turned and left but his reference to his apartment wasn't lost on Bree. She understood the crossroads they'd somehow found themselves at. Crossroads hell. If she's wearing panties they're soaked.

"Why? That's easy, because it felt nice and up till that point it was innocent. Having a young, handsome doctor show interest in you would make any girl feel good. It made me feel the same way you'd feel if some little, wet-dream of a co-ed flirted with you. It would've stroked your ego, just like Kyle's attention stroked mine." Na, she won't fuck a doctor will she?

"Zach," Bree said softly, "I didn't leave you for Ty." WTF? Who did she leave him for then?

To put it bluntly, do you have enough trust in Bree, and yourself, to try again?" I wouldn't have met her so she could tell me her story a couple of chapter back! Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Appreciate the effort at drawing characters with some depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I can't help it but....

To agree with Anonymous08/29/19 there, the real problem in this relationship is trust issue, he can't no longer trust that she won't betray or hurt him because he knows for a fact that she has already done so, multiple times, heck enough times for him to be able to hate her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Mistake

Without reading Ch 7 to know what happens,marrying her will be a mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not buying it

Zach deserves better. Yes, she was young when she broke his heart but she went off and married the guy she cheated with and had a life with him. Only when he started being abusive and treating her like crap did she finally realise what she had. Was hoping he decided to let her go and move on with his life.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

I had a Bree once, similar situation except for how it blew up wasn't quite this dramatic. Love the series and I have tears in my eyes as I leave this part to go to the finale. Great work! 5*

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Loved it when mc had strong convictions and followed them through in previous chapter. Too bad it did not happen in the last chapter.

Hated that Bree's feelings trumped everyone else's just because she's pretty. Not because she deserves it.

Ending sucked. 1st marriage failed, because there was a lot of doubt. The story ends with proposing, even though he has a lot of doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OF COURSE BREE WAS A SLUT WITH TY REGGIE ET AL!! WHY FUCKING SUGAR COAT WHAT A TRASH SHE WAS!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ONCE A SLUT ALWAYS A SLUT. THAT'S BREE! IN THE ENTIRE OF SKANKVILLE, THERE ARE NO OTHER WOMEN WHO ARE WIFE MATERIAL, EXCEPT THE LIKES OF BREE!! STORY SHOULD HAVE ENDED BY HIM FINDING HIS DREAM WOMAN WHO IS NOT BREE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

While skank stays with mummy Daddy, she is free to fuck the good doctor

xtc5xtc5over 1 year ago

Thank you for a well thought out UNRUSHED story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

Really well thought out and written story, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't do it! Give her the pink slip!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The essence of Life in a world so Cruel in a Life truly unwanted. Can a man find happiness in His satiated Mind in this world a World that can be Broken with a simple Goodbye or reborn with a Single Kiss. For Life is Love So let Me live again My Love. I wrote this back in 1972 while in High School to My first true Love which I still love even after She dumped Me so many years ago. My Suzi L.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Real suspect she was swooning over an attractive doctor she just met. What happens as they work together and feelings start to grow. Working toward a common goal creates a bond, it's how romance starts.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful story. I think they're going to make it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

How the fuck did the parents forgive he for virtually raping their daughter in the last chapter. WTF.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES