All Comments on 'Brownwood: The Dance'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 109 Comments
zed0zed0about 9 years ago
YES!

Great little feel good story.

I have enjoyed all of your Brownwood series and am looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Yes Again

I echo zed0's statement!

leviayersleviayersabout 9 years ago

excellent little tale thanks 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. Fucking stupid conniving cheating cunt bitch. Yeah I mean the ex. How stupid can you be? Her terms for him to see his daughter were incredible..Yeah, incredibly stupid. Very happy that he is happy now.

Five Stars

killerwhale681killerwhale681about 9 years ago
Great slice of life

Well told tale. Realistic.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 9 years ago
One Word

Outstanding!

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
Daughter

If i get this right he won't fight for his own daughter ? Won't ask for visitation ? just to piss off his ex ? pretty pathetic father IMO

RePhilRePhilabout 9 years ago
5 & FAV!

Thanks for sharing. More please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fight for his daughter

Umm, he had no rights where his daughter was concerned. Nothing to fight for. His ex was dangling the possibility of some kind of visit, without any legal right to access, somewhere down the line, if she wanted, if she believed he would accept her back, but never giving up control so that she could use it to keep him in line and control him through his daughter.

That is nothing but the illusion of hope. So, no he didn't "fight" for his daughter, if by fight you mean accepting his ex's proposal. Her proposal didn't offer any chance to win back his daughter. Better to wait until the daughter was an adult and she found out the truth. Sucks but sometimes you don't have an option to protect those you love from the bad guys. Sometimes you just have to endure.

Francis_Toliver

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Just full of good parts!! The two little new were a great touch. 😎

dinkymacdinkymacabout 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good quote, wrong credit

You quoted words from a great song but you gave the credit to the wrong person. Tony Arata wrote the words to "the dance". Garth Brooks had the jingle and deep pockets to buy the song lyrics and I don't know who wrote the tune. Probably Tony Arata. Samsiewamsie

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 9 years ago
Nice theme

poorly executed. Why would she want to get back with her ex if she had place to go to in Philly.

And if she did want to get back with him, its totally unrealistic to believe that she would expect to keep the visitation order in effect.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Thoughts

She says she CAN start on repairing his relationship with his daughter.

If she is sincere about regretting what she did she should already be doing that anyway!

"I can't expose Susie to that kind of relationship. Jake, you'd have to allow me to try and make up for some of the hell I've put you through."

First, SHE’S the one who created “that kind of relationship,”, second, HE doesn’t “have” to allow anything! If she wants something from him, HE’S the one to say what HAS to be done.

She says she's desperate and can't lose Susie. I thought she had family in Philly with a job and a place to stay, so why should she be desperate?

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago
@Francis _Toliver

"The only thing she wanted but didn't get was I still had parental rights to our daughter"

Doesn't that mean he has visitation rights ?

If he counts on the daughter to become adult and her being under the influence of her mother for at least a decade to accept the truth then IMO that doesn't sound very realistic,restrainingorders can be revoked by courtorder.

patilliepatillieabout 9 years ago
Confusing

Who are the little kids-Josie's? He wants to take on raising two kids not his own?

He lost all parental rights, or just visitation? That can be amended-but if she is moving to Philly, then ...but lots of family court now control the other parties ability to move kids out of state.

What was the ex wife proposing-living together? I mean she didint have a job that could pay the rent so I guess that was what she was hinting at. But to not give him immediate full parental rights at that point seems dumb, they would be living together.

A sad tale, about the poisoning of the father-daughter relationship. A 3.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great story!

And one that hit close to home. My own wife cheated for over a year before I found out and when I did, she expected me to forgive and forget or she'd take the kids away. With me low in corporate management, she figured I'd have to suck it up, forgive her or she'd take the kids and make me miserable. She couldn't have been more wrong.

While she was gone with the kids to her folks one afternoon after I'd give my notice and waited for my final paycheck, I packed my bags and left. The whore had already turned our kids against me and I was seen as the heartless monster that couldn't forgive their mother. Forgive her for accidently fucking an old boyfriend three times each week for 14 months? Hell, the kids didn't look like me anyway and there is little worse than having your own child shrink back and cower from you.

That was 16 years ago. I just left, not leaving a forwarding address. Only last September did our oldest track me down in hopes of repairing the damage. The whore, their mother, had only just died from Ovarian cancer and they were homeless. It turns out, she did have a heart and admitted what she'd done, to us and obviously to them. It is a process but we're repairing our relationship and they've all moved in with me.

Jack99Jack99about 9 years ago

Felt he should have done more about his daughter. Like sued his ex for custody after all she had done. But, still enjoyable read.

Now please go finish "I dreamed"!!! :)

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So another Father gets screwed

Probably yelling into a hurricane but why didn't the Family Court, when they figured out what his ex-wife had done to his relationship with his daughter, do more than just allow him visitation? In many cases he could have petitioned the Court and had his ex restrained from leaving the State or the area. But that's not your story. And it was unclear whose kids Izzy and Gabe were since they called him "Uncle". And you've got Uncle Maury and Aunt Marie in the mix too. The confusion at the end about the relationships ruined the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not

worth reading miserable stuff

spredmspredmabout 9 years ago
Realistic

This story is so real, I can relate to the writer My ex divorced me after 21 years to be with her lover then she tried the similar thing to me with our kids right after our divorce.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
That's a good story...

That's a good story and how he behave the right way!!! 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Deqar annony. Your comments are not worth reading This story is great

I gave it a 5

elHosedelHosedabout 9 years ago
A Great Character Expose...

... but sadly the comments are expected and typical. "Why won't he fight for the daughter?"

Apparently most people don't understand the concept of a lost fight. There was no way to win that battle... ever. Unfortunately that's the reality of a court system so deformed by 60+ years of feminism bias that men are treated not as equals, but the actual enemy in divorces. An enemy of the human race doesn't get to fight for his children.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 9 years ago
Sounds like my life

I didn't have to fight for my son, he figured it out and ask to move in with me at 16. The ex-wife is still alone and bitter. Little Lance Spearman cant understand because he would have take her back and turned into "Captain Save A Hoe". She wanted to comeback Lancie, because life got hard all alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5*****

From Duna.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That was a great short story

Loved the way you ended it. What more can I say 5. From me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 star

I like it that he's not an idiot who'd put himself through hell just because his ex-wife, who betrayed him in almost every way possible, wants to bring back the family.

And it's really hard to blame the kid, the daughter in this case, for how she acts when she took all her cues from her mother. Shame really, but I'd have put the child to death, it's bad blood, simple as that.

TXanyTXanyabout 9 years ago
Wow, what great writing....

In "loving wives", no less! Didn't expect the ending, or the short length as I was half way through. A great read. Thanks

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Good Flash Story

As others have noted, all too real. Sad for the daughter. Five star story for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow!

What a good Story. Real touching, and rather true to life in many ways. I was glad to see that he was healing and moving on, even though he isn't completely healed.

WL73

OneShotOneOneShotOneabout 9 years ago
Two things

I think he should have fought harder for his daughter and clearly the ex didn't know about his interest in the business otherwise she would have simply used the courts to drain him dry.

Still 4.5*.

katranmankatranmanabout 9 years ago
Nice!

Really well done, a ***** effort for sure! Thanks!

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
BREAKING UP IS LIKE PULLING THE BAND-AID OFF

going back is the same but with super glue. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
In one word...

Excellent!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good

Very good. 5 Stars.

retmstrretmstrabout 9 years ago
*****

Man! You had me concerned there for a bit. Thank you for a good TX tale. Spent 4 years in DFW before retiring. Good writing. Mucho gracias. Cheers!

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 9 years ago
Sad, but good

Unfortunately, as the 'recovered memory' fiasco of the 1980's proved, people rarely excise false memories later in life. Fewer than 5% of children who experience parental alienation including false claims against a parent ever reconnect with that parent. Worse, they take on those false memories as a part of who they are. The concept that we outgrow those lies or uncover them as we age is almost always incorrect.

Research in 'recovered memory' is cripplingly one-sided, showing that it is a sham. In fact, it is more accurate to call it 'false memory creation therapy.' And yet hundreds of people remain separated from parents they incorrectly became convinced hurt or molested them. Worse, there are people in jail today because of those 30 year old cases.

This mother clearly lied to her daughter, and created a false impression of her father that she will most likely carry with her forever. And all he has to fill that hole is someone else's kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
"He molested our daughter" is a standard divorce gambit

Unfortunately the courts don't require the wife to make the accusation under oath and prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, so many men get undeserved reputations as child molesters. My ex tried that with me, but my children were old enough that the court-appointed social worker, after interviewing both of them, told the judge "It didn't happen". The judge actually ordered the divorce complaint to be amended to remove the allegation (necessary in case the filing got "accidentall leaked" as happened with Jack and Jeri Ryan).

5*

cw159cw159about 9 years ago
A good author can get you to be mad at the bitch.

But it takes an even better author to get you to feel sorry for her. Yeah, she ripped his life apart but at the end I did feel sympathy for the mess she made of her life and her daughter's. Good job and five *****.

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
great story

something in this i loved. his currant girlfriend hated his ex. this is true 99.999 % of the time. yet author after author on here wants to have it the other way around. his currant girl will demand that he knuckle under and forgive his lying cheating ex. bullshit.your girl always hates your ex. god knows i cant fucking stand my girlfriends ex husband. it is to bad that his ex used his daughter against him and now he doesnt have a relationship with her. he should reach out to his ex's family, a long shot i know but he shouldnt just right his daughter off.

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
just got done with reading the comments

dyonysos after he got out of jail yes he still had rights. but after his ex pulled her stunt with child services they stripped him of his rights and his ex got a restraining order against him. he was no longer allowed to see her.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
not even the rights

The biggest problem is the false memories the ex gave his daughter.

What good is visitation when the child screams runs and hides when he shows up?

She is terrified of him, and false though the memories are no one has done anything to repair that, which would be far more difficult than making the problem.

Sometimes you can only write it off as a loss.

No option but to consider the child as dead to you.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
must agree

mike9698 has it right, I have never seen the current woman be supportive of the ex.

If for no other reason than the emotional damage from the past causes her problems in the present.(once burned, twice shy)

But usually they also do not want a reconciliation because they do not want to lose him to her.

ken philipsken philipsabout 9 years ago
Well written story with good emotional content but...

...it is just not erotic in any shape or form. Why is it here? 2* Ken

FD45FD45about 9 years ago
Well written

Nothing more to say. Only story I read today.

Mostera1Mostera1about 9 years ago
Unique

A very creative short story with a dark theme. The line he said about pimping their daughter was poignant.

Thank you,

M1*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Neat & succinct

Neatly told.

Nice one!

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5

You have a way with words, well, stories too.

artykay63artykay63about 9 years ago
nice and succinct

well written, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Solutions

With such ex wife as in this story, to reach redistribution is the first best solution is the newer his own kids with other woman. However the second good solution to live or marry a newer woman with kids as this story shows. The ex husband can give his love to his new family. The ex wife will get an explanation to her daughter when she will be 18 years old.

The second solution is work with grandchildren in revenge stories too.

But the best redistribution is the first solution the daughter will meet her dad's family when she will be 18 years old.

cpetecpeteabout 9 years ago
5* easy for this

" a bird in the hand (or two kids and a good women) is better then two birds (cheating x-wife and MAYBE bio kid time) in the bush." story.

It would not be unusual for bio daughter to contact "Dad" in future, if for nothing more than to vent at Dad. Then Dad could plead his case-a good "the rest of the story" if DFW wishes to continue.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
What a really good new gf would do in the best of all possible worlds

Meet with the ex, tell her she'd convince him to "forgive" her to get the hate out of his heart, secretly video her admitting what she had done to poison his daughter's mind against him and post it to YouTube.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*s

Enjoy your story. But it is not much of a story. Would have been better as part of the larger picture. So 3*s.

Thanks for the glimpse.....

AMerryMan

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Fine Story

/the failure to reconnect is painful for the one who instigated the break. In this case the new woman protects him against agony. Fun!

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 9 years ago
Happily

I haven't been there, but I followed the dialogue which was very good and convincing into understanding why he couldn't accept the offer. There were one or two I's for he's, and the tenses in the flashback were ambiguous. But good anyway. 4

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
He is already dancing .........

......... to a new ' tune '. lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
God

This was beautiful. Perfect, really.

5 stars. Everything you seem to write ends up rated that way from me.

Keep on writing, please, we need more of this.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Living Well...!

Living well is the best revenge. All I can say about his ex is that she must have a big set of brass balls to even come up with a plan like she had AFTER what she did to him. Glad he moved on and found another love. The only sad part was him losing his daughter because of his ex. Thanks for a good story.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Dead assholes walking

It would take time and planning, so the alibi would be airtight, but in the end both of them would be dead if someone were stupid enough to do to me what those two did to the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Perfect

Congrats. Perfect. Like all your stories. Five out of five. Smart. Emotionally powerful. Great dialogue. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Similar situation

The friend of my parents divorced and his ex wife turned the daughters agains him. He did not meet his 2 daughters until the death of his ex wife. The did peace and rebuit the connection for sake of the grandkids.

Duna

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 8 years ago
Please

Write a sequel when he reconnects with his daughter, please! Otherwise, I'll cry every time I read it!

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Susie

I agree with those who say that she should have ALREADY told Susie the truth before she ever came to see him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Gutless wonder

He must have a complete moron for a lawyer. He's out of jail with a good job. Have the custody agreement revisited, prevent his ex from leaving the State and get to see his daughter regularly. Little kids are smarter than people think they are. it might take a few visits and maybe some professional help but giving up makes him an asshole.

Not a good or enjoyable story.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Abso fucking lutely agree 120% with the last commenter.

It is the gutless coward that abandons (yes abandons) a child because fighting to be the child's father is too much work or painful.

Fuck that takes a village bullshit. It takes a father. To be a proper male role model even for his daughter.

Yeah, that is what brought this story down to the depths of p.o.s. Which is a shame since though I have not read too many of your stories yet DFW, I do think the ones I have read, besides this one, have been very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

For those commentators that kick him - remember that the socialist child social services is often more the criminal than the father. The damn courts default to the incompetent socialist child service idiots in judgements (judges easy way out) - I think most CSS are card carrying members of the NOW/Naga's movements. In this equality society MEN have very little legal standing when it comes to children - no matter if they were setup or not. Men are GUILTY until they some how prove otherwise!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Start

Pretty good story but I feel like there should be a little (or maybe a lot) more to it.

Since I feel like this is only maybe the first chapter, I can only give it 2 stars. When I

see, as Paul Harvey used to say, "The Rest Of The Story", maybe I can give it a higher score. At least I hope so.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
Nice Story

This is a feel good story for all those who have been on the wrong end of a cheating spouse saga, thumbs up, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 7 years ago
I messed up

For some reason I didn't rate or comment on this the first two times I read it. Let me rectify that mistake right now.

Excellent story. Both heart warming and heart breaking. A man being kept away from his child by a bitch of a mother hurts. Been there done that. It was distance rather than a bad ex wife but the feelings are the same . Luckily things got better when my boy came to live with us.

Good work as usual and I gave it the 5 stars it deserves.

Thanks for your hard work. As always I'm hoping for more stories from on of the masters.

Woodmanone

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Uh huh, Connie... you DO feel bad...

just not bad enough to initially do things that would be good for Jake like letting the court system know she'd lied about him or that they intentionally provoked the fight that got her hit or seriously put in effort to get him parental rights back or even tell her daughter that daddy NEVER did any of the things she and Brad filled her head with... or even worse for her but best for him doing whatever it took to get HIM primary custody..

Yes, she'll do nothing that was good for him (or her daughter) , only things that'll be good for her...

She's changed...? Yeah, right...

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Oh yeh.

There really is a God.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

I normally like your work, but didn't enjoy this at all.

Connie had a long affair with her ex, raped the husband in the divorce, got him put in jail, and kept him from his daughter.

Her PoS lover totally fucked up Jake's life then stole all the dumb slut's money (ie Jake's... that she got in the divorce).

Yeah, Jake got to give Brad a beating, but it still feels like he lost. He got ruined in the divorce, now has a criminal record, and has no contact with his daughter.

A depressing tale...

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Good story.

Shame about the kid.

Not only is she without her dad

and he without her, but the girl

has to except being raised by a bitch.

Some good reasons for a father

to keep on fighting.

And maybe he did.

The story didn't exclude that possibility.

Good plot, great writing.

Top ratings from me.

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago

A real dad would fight f9r his child no matter what. He never really cared since caved and walked away. He could have worked a deal to be part of his daughters life as his wife was desperate. He didn’t nuff said, he’s a asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I enjoy realistic stories

This story is pretty realistic. My first bitch took my daughter at 3 months, didn't see her until she was 27, DNA showed she wasn't mine. So yeah,,,,for all you haters out there? things like that have happened.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
good but

Good but sad story of a wife raping a husband in a divorce and poisoning the child against him. Usually defaming an ex-spouse to a child could result in loss or modification of parental rights.

In most (if not all) states, a felony record will bar you from obtaining a liquor license.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
timriv

The only asshole here is you. No one here likes you and everyone here make fun of your sorry wimpy ass. Go back to suck your wife's lover cock and stop writing your stupid comments.

A really sad but realistic story. In real life not everything is rosy and you fall on your feet. Sometimes life can be very unfair and you end doing, not what you want, but what you can.

Sak77Sak77over 5 years ago
Concise

I like it, but I'd prefer deeper background exploration and explication.

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
I like no wasted words

and an ending that is both happy and sad. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
For Anyone Who Doesn't Believe

"What are you drinking, Connie?" I asked, trying to keep my distain in check. "The usual please," she relied meekly. "Sorry, fresh out of rat poison. How bout some arsenic?" She paled slightly. " I guess I don't hide my feelings very well." Not to worry, some of use understand.

"You mean your bad boy lover cheated on you, treated you like shit and left you? Classic!"

"I know I deserve that." "No, what you deserve is to be burned at the stake with the other witches." Perfect.

"So what are you saying, Connie? That you now want me to be a part of my daughter's life? Does she know this? Last time I saw her, she was terrified of me." "I can start working on that Jake. It will take a little time but I'm sure she'll come around."

"The fact she hadn't done anything to repair that relationship already wasn't lost on me. I might be a little slow at times but..." We may have not had a lot of money growing up but momma didn't raise us stupid.

"We had a relationship, it wasn't enough for you. The relationship we have now is pretty simple, you tried to destroy me and now I hate you." In my case I don't hate her, I just don't anything her.

And if, by some miracle, we somehow become a real father and daughter again; you can still just take her away from me if you're having a bad day? Of course if you ever find another Brad you'll both be gone overnight and I'm shit out of luck?" Can't for the life of me understand why you'd think that.

These things can happen... She said we were soulmates, then took our almost two year old son and moved out of state. The last time I saw him we did the DNA test to prove he was mine. She proceeded to shack up with several men including a cousin. Like Jake I couldn't keep jumping through the hoops just to only occasionally be able to talk to him on the phone. When her reputation would catch up to her she'd just quit her job and move to another state. He will be twenty one in a couple of months, no idea what he knows or believes. So yes, this can happen in the real world. Very good, very true, very painful story DFW. There was only one choice for him if he was to survive. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

her and butthead really did some damage a second chapter to his daughter learns the truth and comes to him and points a finger at brad and saids he abused her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good one

Not a happy ending but a nice one enough, I am just sad the only loser will be his little girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked it

It was simple honest and happens too damn often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Granted That The Daughter...

Is the greatest loser in this situation. Will she blame mom in years to come??

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Rereading your stories

I still wished this had an epilogue about 10-15 years down the road when his daughter found out the truth about her parents.

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Short and Very Readable

Great short story and all done in one scene. 5 stars.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

Its a great read but needs a epilogue Rio show a reunion with his daughter

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 3 years ago
wow.

Can't believe how someone can give up his daughter for a piece of ass. If Josie hadn't shown up, things would have been different. But well, to each his own. Now the mom can tell the daughter how she tried but the daddy chose someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

holes.to many, but the best one.(if not for restraining order I would have killed them.) boy that was well thought out guy. if he wanted to kill them he would have, restraining order does not come into play. he was going to jail either way for killing them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am a big fan of yours, but please consider continuing this story and allowing him to get his daughter back. It'd be great if Brad and Connie could get some severe payback as well. They really destroyed him. And I don't fully understand Connie's reasoning. Anyway, hope this can be continued at some point. Thanks for all of your stories!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Enjoyed this short romp but not sure where it left me. Especially, what happened next? 4* for the miss...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please do complete this story

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

This man was defeated and the losing the daughter part is pretty sad. Not the daughters fault the mom was a basket case. Some stories just don't have a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reading the past stories I figured he would trade her some no lube anal sex or something to pretend she didn't do it all to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Connie got what she deserved. Unfortunately TJ and his daughter got screwed just as bad. I feel for his daughter growing up in her mother's shadow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Connie was a monster. The rationalization that you chest once at a party and your marriage is over so cheat more and then get maniacal is just stupid. If you really fell from grace and did not intend to cheat but did under the influence of alcohol and temptation then confess and go to counseling. Beg, pleas, file a divorce, get separated, try to talk it out. The only reason she stayed with Brad is she didn't want to deal with fighting for her marriage after the bachelorette party and instead wanted to move onto plan B. Then it went off the rails with the fight taunting and the then way way beyond the pale with the molestation charges. Then it just became pure evil. If a one night fling with booze and a past boyfriend cannot be resolved then the marriage is over anyways. But in reality confessing an infidelity increase the odd three-fold of not having a divorce on the next five years (20% to 60%). Doesn't mean the marriage isn't harmed or even crippled. But if you really want to fight for it then confess and go to counseling and do everything you can to be the spouse that tries to fight for the marriage. Especially if it was a one night fling of stupidity. Some people are Old Testament and will never forgive, others will. But adding length and premeditation to the affair, then ruins things.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

That's a good story! 5***** The reader never really gets to know if she is sorry, or just opportunistic, but it's clear he won't and can't trust her again. I was wondering if he would make the sacrifice to take her back to regain his daughter, but it became clear she was just a false promise. Excellent writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A slice of life - enjoyed the tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At long last - a man with a backbone made of steel instead of jello.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES