All Comments on 'Brownwood: Tommy Boy Ch. 02'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
10 pages...

I have enjoyed reading most of your stories including all in the Brownwood series.

So I looked forward with great anticipation when this two chapter entry was posted...

10 pages later, and not sure why, but something is missing

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
HORRIBLE

Why in hell is this story not in fetish??Just shit for writing and no idea about a loving wife much less any sex...Please never again try to write anything..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Even better than chapter one

Which is saying a lot. I love everything about this story. This has to be a candidate for story of the year. As long as nothing happens in chapter three like getting back with the ex, this is a five star story, easily. I wish I could give it more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
excellent

Very gifted writing.

Technique is exceptional.

Its engaging.

It has a cheating wife, it has a poor guy in a struggle to emotionally survive.

And t has romance. Its almost painful to see the emotional control angie has on him as he falls for her.

We all love a happy ending, and I have faith in your stories. So really looking forward to you continuing this guys journey to a happy ending, so to speak.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
Read chapters one and two. Exceptional!

What a great story! This is as good as anything I've read since I've been reading here. Some authors just have that touch. It's fully on display here. Bad marriage situation dealt with, now he's trying to pick up the pieces of his life and doing a damn good job of it. Kudos for writing such a beautifully romantic story. The emotion is as perfectly described as I've ever seen. Every nuance is just as it should be. Full marks from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Must be some jealous writers making comments here

Horrible? I don't think so. Terrific, more like. One of the best. Perfect loving wives story.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 6 years ago
Exactly

Terrific!!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 6 years ago
Outstanding!

Hot damn, Son! Here I thought " ... Broken Road" was unbeatable as my favorite. Now you've outdone yourself. Great character development. I'd like to visit Brownwood. Is it anything like Brownsville? Maybe I could visit there & find some people like your characters. Nah, too far to travel from New Orleans for a lazy senior. Lol! Mega kudos!!

WS

gara5289gara5289over 6 years ago
Fantastic

Another great story. Though I will say i'm a little horrified to find myself agreeing with an anon: this really isn't a LW story. That said, i don't think I'd find it if you posted it elsewhere so I'll just ignore that fact.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
The Beast carries a heavy burden.

We expect great stories every time and he seldom disappoints. This is a very enjoyable romance. I am having a little trouble with the number of times that Angie is hit on, especially when wearing a ring and in the company of a man, a fairly big man. I certainly enjoy big tits as much or more than most, but I tread lightly around ladies in the company of big guys, regardless of how their tits call to me. I've also noticed that really hot women often intimidate men. Angie doesn't appear to do anything but incite lust in men. Great tale and I am looking forward to the last chapter.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 6 years ago
Still going strong

Having to wait for the rest of this story is like having to wait to open your Christmas presents until Christmas morning. You know it will be worth the wait but you're impatient just the same.

Thanks for your hard work

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Damnit, I can't wait for the last installment!! LOL One of the best stories I've read so far this year!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Yup Yup

Maybe a little too sweet this chapter but still high rated interest from me.

I guess I want to see Tommy boy morph more into Tommy bear.

Being a little demanding and in charge is an attractive trait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A good story , why is she just friends

Angie's little girl love him, Angie keeps him at a distance. What is her position and why does he hang around for this punishing women. By now it is love or move on . It's to long . She likes and trusts him but pushes tommy off . Is this going to end badly. .?

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Tension

The friends tension is killer- most men would run and hide, but Tommy Bear is hanging in there dreaming of a big payoff. I didnt like his unnecessary harsh words for his ex- they weren't needed, and kicking a sad puppy is never noble. He still needs to improve his inner person a bit

SantacruzmanSantacruzmanover 6 years ago
Damn Boy!

DFW, this is one hell of a love story! Love the ex's apology. I think that any one that has gone through this would really relate, I did. Got quite a gift for story telling. Besides anyone with a handle of DFW is alright in my book.

Takes us to the end soon.

A new fan,

Santacruzman

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 6 years ago
Great story

Wonderful story so far. Interesting characters and well paced. More importantly: the characters seem real. They are not the typical cardboard cut outs so common in LW tales.

That brings me to my one complaint. This is not a Loving Wives story at all.

The wife and the break up have no real bearing on this. Her slut friend has almost as much time in the story and they are really only there as back story and a little current tension. Just because there was a marriage doesn't constrain the story to LW. This is clearly not about the marriage; it is about the Romance.

But a great story regardless. Thanks

dc6370dc6370over 6 years ago
I love your stories

This is another in a long line of great reads! You take your time with the characters, it's as though we get to know them, too. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

Still holding score until the end.

Cumming on Face? – Maybe it’s a sign of the creeps she’s been dating, but I always thought the big turn on was swallowing. But how does PEEING on his face equate?

Asking his permission to dance with others – It’s common courtesy to ask a lady’s escort his permission before asking her to dance. Failing that, she SHOULD ask his permission, so she did good!

“maybe you'll start to see there are things in this world you've written off as impossible that are really attainable” – Like her?

Giving him something sexual WITHOUT giving him sex is tormenting him.

Daniel was “safe,” but HE got to fuck her!

I’m sorry, but what she’s proposing is being a big cock tease; she KNOWS that he lusts for her, and it is only his respect for their friendship and the rules that she has set that he doesn’t just tear her clothes off and throw her down on the bed, and she persists in being sexual with him.

“Besides being a romantic fool, I'm also a realist, and knew I was the one who was going to get hurt by all this.” – That’s why he has to break it off! Make her understand that she’s not being fair with the current situation, that she can’t keep seducing him, and more importantly, pulling him into he daughter’s life, with no hope for a future together. It’s even more harmful to her daughter!

“would be money better spent putting down on a house or new furnishings." – Nitpick: Aren’t they talking about NOT spending it on new furnishings?

“I got caught up in Susie's world and followed her down that path.” – While I can SOMETIMES see getting caught up in a more exciting world, Suzie’s world was obviously a mess, why would you want to be in that world?

"Shit," she whispered, "Tommy Boy, you need to make weight and soon!" - Why? What’s she going to do besides tease him some more!

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Powerful Story

Wow the politician was doing both his wife and Angie. I would hate the guy.

Personally getting my weight down would not require much an incentive other than

then a friend without benefits.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Chapter two, a rising crescendo

The maestro, directing every piece in its perfect path. Who is like unto the Beast?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lots of energy and enthusiasm, . . .

thanks for your effort. Don't care for the casual attitudes toward sex, since he's already experienced a woman who apparently thought sex is no big commitment or responsibility.

The confrontation with the ex wife was easily the best part of this chapter, showing a level of maturity and introspection on his part that frankly was surprising, given how juvenile or clueless he behaves in other parts of the story. It was almost like he was two different people.

Of course such stories always beg the question, how does a good intelligent perceptive person end up marrying such a shallow selfish cruel whore? But its a very common weakness in many LW stories. Unless we embrace the Martian Slut Ray device plot, there's really no understanding Virgin Mary's who turn into Slutula.

Again, thanks for the energy and effort. Congratulations!

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Keeps Getting Better

Chapter 1 was good but 2 was a home run. 5*

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x 07/30/17

re:

Asking his permission to dance with others – It’s common courtesy to ask a lady’s escort his permission before asking her to dance. Failing that, she SHOULD ask his permission, so she did good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common courtesy is like common sense, a thing of the past.

Rudeness is the new normal.

I blame politicians.

First they outlawed dueling (which enforced strong penalties on uncouth behavior).

Then they replaced debating ideas and positions with personal insults (and encouraged their partisans to do the same).

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please god

Let me never see the words tommy boy or munchkin in this story ever again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
reads well

Cant help agreeing about munchkin... it doesnt sit well, a kind of of cutesy mechanism to avoid building up the character. Tommy boy, well that is the tile of the story so we have to live with it. Thanks for the read .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
old hat...

I know that this kind of story seems to appeal to people, out there, but honest to god, I've read this same story. Nothing unpredictable about the plot. The weight loss reward thing has been told before...

And I can't remember which writer Slurpoof or the Stangster who thinks that using names of old movie/TV characters is the height of humor — they're wrong — and DWF might as well lift that as everything else about this sorry excuse for a story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5*

Please bring this to a close

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Tw0Cr0ws Re: "Courtesy"

My comment wasn't so much about common courtesy or the lack thereof, but Tommy's puzzlement that she asked his permission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Good BUT

This is a very good story, although not totally original, but did have a bit of a different scenario and not much violence at all. The one thing missing was a better ending. Leaving one hanging is good in some cases but for all Tommy's history, there needs a more concrete finish to this part of his life.

Tiny Tim

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x 07/31/17

re:

@Tw0Cr0ws Re: "Courtesy"

But his puzzlement just shows how uncommon it has become.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Tw0Cr0ws

Too true, all too true.

SKHPSKHPover 6 years ago
Fine story - but LW??

The cheating ex is just a sidekick - this is "Romantic", but one of the finest of that genre!

(*****)

green117green117over 6 years ago
DWFB channels

Castlestone? Anywho, if so... I'd get more into the OCD parts of the weight loss part - it somehow tends to humanize the main character more than the angst about getting almost laid.

A promising story - if you were to think about another editing cycle - perhaps make the visit by the ex more than just a chance for him to slag her? You removed the details of what she did at the orgy - it could have been used to induce disgust on the part of the lead (and the reader), and then to a bit of "wise words" from the lead (and thus leading the reader) and so to growth of a better kind in the moving-on picture and reinforce the "good guy" characterization. And no, this is not the same as reconciliation.

YMMV

Looking forward to the continuation.

Green-something

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. Very well crafted. Can't wait for the final installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I was good except for Tommy's cruelty to Leah when she came to apologize. It seemed out of character. He could have gotten the same points across in a way more consistent with the character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Considering ....

.... the way Leah "sh*t" over Tommy and their marriage, his comments were not only appropriate they were well deserved! Any women (or man) who behaves the way she did deserves nothing but scorn and ridicule for actions as despicable as hers!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Story is great, wouldn't change a thing...

Great story, the ex is eating her heart out - I'm a happy man. I don't think, uh, what was his name, hmm, oh yeah, Tommy Boy. I don't think Tommy Boy was too tough on her; he was honest, told the truth, and she earned every bit of it. Perhaps, now that she knows she really was a slut and an idiot for throwing Tommy Boy out like garbage, she can straighten up and fly right. Maybe that conversation with Tommy Boy turned her into a quality person? Wouldn't mind seeing her still eating her heart out again in part 3. Just saying.

And what's all this whining about the category? Who cares? I don't even check categories on the good writers like the Beast - I just read their stories. Just enjoy the story folks, that's what it's there for. Thanks Beast!

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
great again 5*

maybe not in the eyes of some but those 2 bitches are well and truly burned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Still A Solid 4 Stars

In real life I got drunk and had a one night stand with my neighbor who was going through a divorce. I was late for work and got fired. By the time I got home, my neighbor decided my wife needed to know about our brief affair. Then I was sent packing. My wife moved 100 miles away, moved in with two college guys, both younger than she was, then sought a divorce. Two years later I had remarried. My second wife did to me what I had done to my first wife.

beretta84beretta84about 6 years ago
DFW...

i have read probably 20-25 other authors, on LIt, over the last 2 years , or so, but none have touched me, as emotionally, as you have. unfortunately, i;m not in a good place, emotionally, currently. but, your writing has reduced me to an emotional train wreck. i am caught between the proverbial rock & a hard place. what's worse, there is no way to fix this without hurting three little girls.

i hope you are still planning on submitting stories. you, truly, are a very talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Nope sorry he needs to walk away, that diva needs to learn a lesson and get over HER man issues. Loose wight to get sex to concur a fantasy - he needs to grow up and be a man. If he caves to her on this she will run him ragged - big tits or not.

Actually, when she laid that weight crap for a VIEW of her sex, I'd walked right then. I do not want a mistress relationship, especially after he just escaped that same type of shit.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
All the writing is great the thing with Angie is just humiliating

He's a fat loser a slob that is finally losing weight. Angie knows that he's got the hots for her... And she's jerking him around knowing that he will go through hell just to see her panties one fucking second.

The reason why she's playing these games with Tommy knowing the way he feels about her is not because she's interested in Tommy. She said that as much.

She has the same opinion of Tommy as the ex-wife does. I fat stupid loser who can be dragged Along by his dick. She has absolutely no interest in him romantically any way whatsoever

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Am Not A Fan Of Long Stories

Too long to get high marks. Although Erica is sweet as she can be, I put Angie, Leah and Susie pretty much in same category. None of them deserve the attention/affection from Tommy. And Tara gave up Tommy for a tattooed freak? Sorry, this is taking far too long to reach an end. This is as far as I go.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019almost 5 years ago
It's Getting a Bit Tedious

Tommy comes across as a nice but gullible fool who is being played.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Bitches And Sluts And Whores... Oh My!"

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto.

Well, spelling and grammar aside you do know to use three periods to leave things open and that's rare...

I was enjoying the hell out of the foreplay and then... Then you just had to go to the sick kids and that hit way too close to home. Staring into the eyes of a father who has a son with cancer. Try spending hours, days, weeks and years with a young daughter taking the years to die of cancer. Her facing it with both of you knowing her mother abandoned her. The only saving graces were she never gave up and you found someone who loved both of you together till the end. Me, I should have been a better person than I was.

For the ones who thought this story was too long and Tommy was a fool being played - it couldn't have been written any differently than it was. For the one who thought his his words to Leah were cruel, they weren't. They were eloquent, to the point and very accurate. I should know, my ex's name was Leah. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So Far So Gud...

However, methinks you're about to screw it all up for me. Certainly hope not.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Still great

I love these characters and their interactions. Beautiful confrontation with the cheating ex. He told her exactly where they stood.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Getting a bit long winded. You can only drag out a story so far,otherwise it will die of old age.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

why tommy boy.,why is she just dragging him around .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This Angie bitch acts like a saint with Tommy yet she is just one of Daniel's many whores.

The weight loss incentives are getting pathetic...a lapdance, really.....story is getting boring!! Just get him a new love and end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story- one if the best I’ve read on Literotica. Too long? Some classics take a while - they’re not Cliff notes. Have to think and enjoy the skill presented here. Looking forward to next parts

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

This Mc is an idiot. Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to,such self abuse. He said five pages ago,that he needed to get on with finding someone he could live with for a long time, and then he just dicks around wasting time with the gym owner. Why would somebody agree to,a lap dance which will just emphasize his blue balls even more. Just an exercise in self flagellation and lots of wasted time for the Mc and the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why are so many commenters criticizing Angie. I know what is revealed in the next part, but here at this point they would have no knowledge of her first husband. Eric left her and her daughter. She lost everything. Karma perhaps. But she found a friend with benefits in Daniel. She and the MC are friends and are not a couple at this point in the story. Until exclusive and given that Daniel is in her past, who cares? Worse why are they hammering on the MC. He dated some. Went out with Tara for a bit. And he is rebuilding his body and his life. He has had to confront Leah twice. He is becoming a good friend of Angie and Erica adores him. Not all relationships are like boots of lightning. Relax. They are adults. They aren't hurting one another ... yet.

GoattimeGoattimeover 1 year ago

This guy comes across as someone who loves to be manipulated by women. Really loose weight to get a lap dance from a woman who has friend zoned you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
1*

I fucking hate this people. Dude is just this dumb white knight and I can't stand him. Also, fuck Angie.

Didn't much like the dialogue either.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And yet y'all have read all ten pages of what you consider drivel.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

I liked how you have kept this going,

BoybossBoyboss3 months ago

Great series. But do we ever find out what the scandal at the engineering company is about??

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
2019 Followers
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES