Brynn Phytrelia Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Idris..." She knelt down beside him and put her hand on his face. He didn't react. Brynn faced the table. "Ophelia, is she gone?" She asked, confident that Tsela could not be fool Ophelia's sensors. She frowned, her heart sinking a little. Another Gifted to hate. Brynn was wishing she had never met any of them.

Ophelia appeared on the floor next to her, and nodded. "Yes, she is gone, Mistress. Only you and Captain Chariton remain on board."

Idris was completely apoplectic, red-faced, and trembling. He did not even seem to be aware that other people were in the room with him.

"Idris." Brynn took his hand in her hand, as well. "What's wrong? Please, just talk to me."

Tears started to fill his eyes and he turned away from her, his hand holding her hand tightly. He sighed, very slowly, and turned back to her, trying to blink the tears out of his eyes despite the rebellious tracks that had already striped his face. He shut his eyes and took a few more deep, slow breaths, trying to find a calm, trying to find a place where he could speak to her. His mouth opened, his voice was barely audible, and weak as his quiet words reached her ears. "That...was Tsela. Ariadne's..." His voice slipped and he shut his eyes. More tears, more trembling. He couldn't find his voice to finish as he sat there with her, still shaking.

Brynn turned slightly to glare at the spot where she'd been standing, furious that some woman had violated him. She looked back at him, then reached up and wiped his tears away with one hand. "Idris." She murmured. "Don't think about Tsela. She's gone and...I will be with you, and I won't let her bother you again. I promise."

He sighed and cleared his throat, trying to stand. "I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me."

"It's fine." Brynn said, helping him stand.

He was staring again, like his mind went somewhere else. He turned to her, blinking. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothing." She said. "Um, only that we should maybe figure out what to do next. Maybe you should visit the refresher this morning? Put on some fresh clothes, shave, kind of just prepare yourself?"

He could hear her voice, like a distant echo. He saw Tsela, and then saw the real Ariadne, his mouth hanging open as he stared at the floor. "I..." He shut his eyes, trying to make it go away, the echo still in his head, despite his efforts to push it out. "I..." His breaths were heavy and fast, his eyes looking at nothing again. His hands clenched tightly as he struggled, trying to get away from it.

Brynn bit her lip, and let go of his hands, wrapping her arms around him to pull him to her, tightly, her head nestled in his shoulder. "Hey. It's find. I'm right here. No one else is here but me." Frustrated, she felt herself heating up. She looked down to see her hands had left red splotches where she touched him and he jerked them away, startled, and looked at her. She leapt back and moved away from him. "I'm...I'm sorry..." she gasped. "I didn't mean to...I'm sorry..." She was edging away, horrified. She tucked her hands near her body, hugging herself, then turned and ran.

Idris moved to go after her, but stopped, examining the skin where she had burned him. He winced. She'd managed to snap him out of his daze, and he was grateful. He shook the feeling off and walked to try to follow her, but she'd already managed to get into the refresher chamber and get it locked.