All Comments on 'BTB Chapel'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wrong category

I'm sorry, but where was the LW theme to this story ? If it was there, then I totally missed it. I just couldn't find any character here to remotely relate to. They just all seemed so plastic. The story just seemed to move in fits and starts, when it did move, maybe others will find whatever "IT" was the story was going for, but I didn't.

2*'s

Cpprcrk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

No idea what the fuck this was supposed to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a unique idea

Good writing too. Nice to see something different in LW once in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Incredibly Creative!

Off the wall imagination!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
3*s

A new, creative story. 3*s for it.

One little point bothers me. At first I was thinking 5 pounds of what? What is it that they have to give 20 pounds?? Finally I understood english money, lol.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Had me worried a bit there that this was a snuff story. I've enjoyed your stories for a while. Please continue.

wonder203wonder203about 8 years ago
Very Original!

It takes quite an imagination to do a completely original story but you did a great job. Well written and very original. Thanks!

soldierboy50401soldierboy50401about 8 years ago
As Monty Python would say...

And now for something a little different! 3*

mordbrandmordbrandabout 8 years ago
What is it with the Brits and burning people

jk, good story.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 8 years ago
amusing take

Ogg I was half surprised that the burning remained fake on Sunday. I half expected them to get burned for real to keep the secret. Good story overall, no one was cuckolded as an extra bonus.

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 8 years ago
Hmm...

Yes it was quite different.

However, I call it a missed opportunity to shed some real light on human nature.

The shouts of "Burn the B**ch/Bas**d" were one clue, but another was the shouts of 'No!' to murdering the reporters (as was the silence of others at that point).

However, the real story here would have been what drew the individual people to such a "chapel"/society and if/how they were helped, especially psychologically, by being there. Were relationships with family & friends improved over time, or did this make no discernable difference? That the whole thing was a fraud in the end was kind of regretable, as a real study in how this sort of venting of emotions for those in bad relationships may have had some real up sides - and down-sides. Those stories could have had great merit, and some interesting emotional teeth to them.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Interesting Take

Given the number of people that I have seen turning into mobs trying to get justice by their own hands I would say that this was a fantasy story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pure BS

I repeat, pure BS...unreal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kind of quaint, and original, but still mostly lame.

The motives and actions just seemed so contrived and fake. It was obvious with the preliminaries about the chimney and the hay and the smoke that something was supposed to be burning, so it was an easy guess that maybe they were actually burning bitches? But then the whole tone of the people involved was simply too innocent. And the reasons given for the secrecy and such were ridiculous. So the whole plot was just too far fetched.

But thanks for trying.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

For nothing...wish I could give less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
That was just weird.

I mean really strange. I guess I expected either more drama or a more interesting conclusion. Not very interesting to read. Maybe next time?

dani_lrlmdani_lrlmabout 8 years ago
Tank you, king of Bashan

For this lovely little laugh.

Nice fun.

D.S.

sdc97230sdc97230about 8 years ago
Reading this made me feel like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulled the football away

So it turned out their first impression was right. There really wasn't a story there.

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 8 years ago
Different and Interesting

I enjoyed this. It was different and you held my interest. My only complaint is the story seemed to move a bit sluggishly. Otherwise terrific job!

Thanks and please keep writing.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
If this is an entry in the April Fools Contest

I missed the joke.

oggbashanoggbashanabout 8 years agoAuthor
Anon - stick to the story, please.

I have deleted two anon comments for being personal attacks on me, not about the story. Anon can say the story is rubbish, boring, ridiculous or whatever, but attacking me as an individual is going too far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank You, Ogg ...

... I was anticipating something evil to happen right up to the last minute. The irony is while I was expecting an April Fool's trick on our hapless heroes, it turned out to be on me! Funny! I liked it.

nthusiastic

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Nice twist

I had begun worrying about their fates as the story went along. It was all too easy for me to see them betrayed at the last second. It was refreshing to see the final result.

49greg49gregalmost 8 years ago
I liked it

Thanks for posting this story, I kept waiting for them to be really burned at the end. Once they were in the tunnel with the actress I was worrying that she would take a secret way out and leave the other two to find the door locked and the bale to start moving again. It wouldn't matter if the chains were plastic or not. They would burn.

But you saved them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Disappointed

Here and I was hoping they’d discovered that the reporters were on to them, and so the chapel members barbecued them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DON'T THINK SO

In a Literotica Discussion Board re: BTB versus RAAC, oggbashan states that this story received a low rating because the BTB crowd did not like it. I don't think so. I think it's because it is a poor story. I like reconciliation stories (as opposed to BTB), but I gave up on this story after 2 pages. I normally stick with a questionable story to the end just to see how it turns out. This one did not interest me enough to do so. However, did not rate story (it would have been low) out of respect for the author.

Paul in Oklahoma

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Just no

I didn't get it. But I don't like Monty Python either. I don't care much for English humor.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
I was waiting

Thought there had to be some sort of twist, surely...burnt

Strapped to the alter and trained by the entire congregation,

Something.

Sorry, it was all too much of nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Strange play on btb?

Humor or satire?

Couldn't figure it out

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

I love a good story and you did just fine by me

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

An ok story true people need a place to vent when day to day life gets to stressful, an interesting concept, keep writing

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Great story with a great twist. Well done 5 stars

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I liked this story, and the idea it expresses. Maybe there wouldn't be so many divorces if there was somewhere for stress- relief. Even keep the FAKE burning, it would be cathartic.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

I really liked the beginning, but everything after the meating somewhow felt off. As if the author drastically changed the concept.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...