All Comments on 'Built Upon Sand'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Impressive Author

You touched many planes of emotion - some softly and others harshly with just the right words and feelings.

Now you have forced me to read more of your works. Are they as good as this Aussie?

You are apreciated - With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Besotted

A really lovely story. I have just asked Amazon to send me a copy of The Oscar Wilde stories mentioned. Reading them is many years in my past. For some reason I don't think that I ever read them to my own children. I hope that you mentioned them because you too love them.

sleepyestbearsleepyestbearover 18 years ago
Loved it but....

I love it but...it ended too soon. {Laugh} I really mean that, it did, not just from my wanting more of the wonderful story, but the ending just sort of came on at triple the pace of the regular story. I would not mind a sequel, but please, if you do one, don't rush the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

Another great story by you. I was not surprised since I have read and enjoyed many other of your stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you

Great story, thank god for romantics like you, but this little example should be a novel.

Namaste

Tony

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
What a great start to 2006!

Not only have I read a terrific story but I have found a new author (new for me!)who has a whole cache of stories for me to read!

Thanks for your time and effort and most of all for sharing your significant talent.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Very good writing

That was a very good story and one that I could not stop reading until I was finished. I think it could have been tightened up a little though and whittled down by one page.

Fubar2kFubar2kover 15 years ago
What to say ...

Greetings Moondrift, I have by now read many of your stories, commented on some. As I read this and got to the last page, I looked to the right of the screen and I saw the scroll cursor was half-way down the page and realised that a story I was both deeply engrossed in and was enjoying enormously was coming to an end.

I don't suppose there is any greater accolage a reader can pay to an author than to say that you have totally captivated me. Like one other commentator below, I wish this story had a part two. Many thanks, Regards, Michael.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks!

Thanks a lot. A great story.

texaswaldo60texaswaldo60over 12 years ago
wow

that is one of the best love stories i have ever read

PucklemanPucklemanalmost 12 years ago
Another late night!

Yet again I have started one of your stories, and been unable to leave it before the end, so another late night! Yet again it has been a delight. The odd one of your stories has been a disappointment - on one occasion, so far, very much so - but then I read the next one and am delighted again! Thank you, thank you thank you - and now for some beauty sleep before I start the next one!

limeyjblimeyjbover 11 years ago
Amazing

I have been enthralled with your stories Moondrift, 'Built Upon Sand' was another one I couldn't stop reading until the end. Thank You.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
I am becoming a romantic in my old age.

All the time after they met up again I was hoping for the ending you wrote. I thought, "Surely he has written other stories which were romantic and sweet, surely he will end this one right as it cries out for that type of ending." Thank you so much for writing and what a sweet little girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A NICE LOVE STORY

So glad it ended the way it did and what a cute little girl but I can never understand why you always seem to make the man out to be a jerk every time....why????? Perhaps it is an admission of your own weakness.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a nice little tale of love...love lost then found again

really enjoyed this story despite her coming across as being a bit haughty...in the end it all worked out...but we never got to know when they told Toni he was her father....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
basically a good story but

what a complete and total loser he is...such a pathetic wimp...she would do well to kick his sorry ass into touch and find someone with more guts and charisma...a total fucking loser...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For a knowledgeable person the main character lacks maturity and lacks a decisive bone in his body. He loves her, wants to be with her, and can't seem to communicate effectively. Just drives me nuts that he can't seem to talk to the woman he loves after losing her 5 years before. She could have died, been murdered, any number of things but he holds onto his wounded pride and refuses to speak from the heart right up until the very end.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Another weak and indecisive male character. Your stories are good, and the emotion is engaging, but give your men some credit for being men, not little boys struggling to pull up their pants…

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Oh my God. How lovely! Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous