All Comments on 'Burnt Offerings'

by Kirk482002

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
The TemptressThe Temptressabout 19 years ago
Laughed

I am the other side of that weekend guy...I am the mama that finally gets to take a shower alone one those weekends...woohoo. Great story!!

ineedsomedrugsnowineedsomedrugsnowabout 19 years ago
HA HA Great dude!

That was just what I needed man, it was acurate as all fuck and had some basic fatherly standards thrown in too, Three cheers!

GhostbearGhostbearabout 19 years ago
Been there

By some stroke of nature my kid wasn't fond of hot dogs. Too bad lol. Great little story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
You Ate Ren and Stimpy?

Shame on you for doing that. Next time send them over here. I'll give them a nice home. (Hey kid, get the grill going!)

Great story. Loved it.

By the way, what's the clerks phone number?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Laughed my ass off!!

I have a 14 month old, and all though I'm his mommy and I have him all the time, (daddy works all day) I laughed my ass off. Not to mention some of those obscure ideas weren't too bad! I particularly enjoyed the advice about wiping under the legs of the table, I will DEFINATELY have to keep that in mind. Thank you for a GREAT laugh! Keep em coming!!

ZeldaHemingwayZeldaHemingwayabout 19 years ago
Brilliant!

How funny was this?? I swear, my ex must have read this story and based his parenting skills on it. ;)

Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Fortunate

I'm one of those fortunate old dudes that didn't have to play weekend warrior but I can still remember my son using the kitchen drawers as a step ladder to the cereal boxes and the time he climbed on a chair to stick a bobby pin in the only unprotected outlet in the house. Well Done.

Wanton VixxxenWanton Vixxxenabout 19 years ago
Hey Weekend Warrior...

I just want to know why - after all the conversations we have had on the phone - we have never swapped recipes? Your dietary delights beat Betty Crocker, Emeril, and the Galloping Gourmet by a royal flush! Although its too late in motherhood life to help Me, I can always tell My daughters {and My sons-in-law, the warriors} about your culinary clues for the earned right to some social freedom every now and then.

Now about this thing of having the nerve to eat Ren and Stimpy right in front of the little darlings...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous