All Comments on 'Business or Pleasure?'

by Damned_Yankee

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
ErisJadeErisJadealmost 8 years ago
A breath of fresh air!

This was absolutely riveting. I thoroughly enjoyed every page. Tales with substance can be very hard to come by on this site. I'm so happy to have had the chance to read this one. Very well written and the emotion... *sigh* 5 stars all the way!!!

EJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well-written story

And it is an actual story.

Five.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Great writing! Excellent story arc and attention to detail. Bravo!

swear_toobobswear_toobobalmost 8 years ago
Amazing

This is such a great story that's somewhat rare on this site. Love the characters and how it was able to not be such a cliche of an older man younger woman type story. Hopfully there is a part 2 in the near future, this 5 stars is well deserved, great work.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 8 years ago
Incredible from start to finish

How enthralling, engaging and utterly charming. How you managed to unite Deni and Collin like this I'll never know, but their dialogue, their intimacy, feelings, time together...everything was so real. You forged such a plausible story that felt so vibrant and authentic it's hard to adequately express in words. Max came alive, Deni charmed, Collin dealed and all of the other secondary characters fed and breathed more life into the two stars of the story.

Some stores succeed well on how their characters interact and how well the sex sizzles; rarely is even the disdain and the hurt transferred to us as readers. I felt all that, and there's no way anyone with half a heart or half a brain didn't feel the same. You captured all the elements of a compelling story, drew us in and ended it masterfully--all without torturing us unnecessarily nor killing us with too much sweetness: all the elements balanced well and you pulled off the best merger of all the different elements so well. I'm literally awestruck. Obviously nothing less than an unreserved 5! Very well done!

izzieDizzieDalmost 8 years ago
Indubitably Brilliant!!!!!!!

From starting gun to finish line this is a spotlighter for the creme of the crop!! That places you in quite good company from my view point!!

Respectfully

Izzie

izzieDizzieDalmost 8 years ago

It also leaves an undoubted opening for continuance!!

*hint*

<joker grin >

blueexoticablueexoticaalmost 8 years ago
Really Good!!!

Thank you, for your beautiful submission...I agree with everyone well done!

More please :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent story

Your writing is brilliant and you bring your characters alive in a wonderful human way. Although it may not seem fair to compare authors, your writing is much like Rondudderie in making a story come to life and the characters real, even with their little flaws.

Loved it and five stars from me.

AmethystIvyAmethystIvyalmost 8 years ago
Completely captivating!

From the first word to the last! I should have been asleep an hour ago, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well done!

Well written, good plot. Believable situations. Good character development. Excellent grammar.

Thanks so much! Please continue to write!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Interesting

Are u planning to continue with the story......would be interesting to see where their relationship goes from here.

SilentStrengthSilentStrengthover 7 years ago
Solid Five

I was poking around for a story to kill a few minutes with, then noticed 12 pages! Wow. Had to save some for later and hated doing it. Oh well, got over it and marathon read the rest. A brilliant story and well written. Thanks for sharing this, and I'll watch for more from you.

BaalatErotasBaalatErotasover 7 years ago
So proud of you.

Your story is layered, rich and full in so many ways.

You've fleshed out intricate characters; given them authentic backgrounds; and then placed them together in a full and interesting world. None of this is easy to do, so I love that it all came together so captivatingly. SA to the US, to boot.

It's taken you long enough to start writing. Never stop. I'm already looking forward to your next story.

Told you you're a writer.

Love,

BE

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
INCREDIBLE

this was an amazing story. one of the best stories on this site. so full of substance & real life struggles. i think that there is potential for more with this couple.

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Wonderful!

Just a wonderful story, one of the best I've read on Lit! Hoping there will be a continuation of it, just to see how they end up. I only have a couple comments, I think you dropped the ball for their first Christmas together. What did he get her for Christmas? Did she meet his son's, and new 1st Grandchild? I mean, they had a company party at his house, and she was acting hostess. Also, How is her name's pronounced? Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Awesome

More more more ..... another couple chapters

DoctimeDoctimeabout 7 years ago
Well Done

A delightful love story. The interracial aspect was tittilating, however very nice tits!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a gem of a story!!!!

Excellent writing and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Exceptional

I can think of none better...

benjie4benjie4over 6 years ago
Nicely done !

5 stars on all counts. The proofreader in me found one infinitesimal slip of the keyboard. It did not detract from the story in the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
great reading

One if not the best story I have enjoyed on this site. I would be nice to continue with a new chapter.

maxx308maxx308over 6 years ago
Nice

Very nice and one of the best.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NO REASON TO COMMENT

It's all been said, and said well. But my heart is so full. Was going to comment that is my first reading of Damned_Yankee but would not be my last, but see there is nothing else to read (tears). If I did not already think of myself as one, it would make me want to be a Damned Yankee.

Even all the comments are positive. Just WOW!

Paul in Oklahoma

WolfieWolfieover 6 years ago
Kept waiting for the shoe to drop

For some reason, I kept expecting her to be a gold digging slut who'd tear apart everyone's life and profit from the power of attorney and her relationship with Collin. I also thought there'd be a heel of a boyfriend pulling strings in the background. Glad those things didn't happen. Unlike others I don't think there should be more chapters. Let it lie just where it is. Let our imagination fill those pages. I would enjoy reading more of your stories when they appear, however.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More please

Amahzing! I thoroughly enjoyed the story and would gladly read more from you if that means continuing this story or something new. I'm all the way here for it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
We need more ā€œCollinā€ s in the World

I love this..... sooooo much. I wish there were more people like CollinšŸ˜‡ I canā€™t wait to read about her meeting the boys,their babies and she having a baby of hers too šŸ˜

benjie4benjie4over 1 year ago

I became much more involved in this story than I ever thought possible, and people weren't getting laid three times on every every page. Really, really well done. I believe I found one place where I thought you used a comma where you should have used a period, but I'd never find it now. Again, well done ! ! !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What they all said!!! 5*

THANK YOU for a touching and sweet story. Good to get something wholesome here....once in a while :-)

Be Well and Happy

Paul in Delaware

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous