Business or Pleasure?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I watched her as she began to absorb this.

"Listen, I know this is a lot to take in. The main thing that this does, Deni, is it makes you and me equals. Whatever we decide in our personal lives, in business we're equals. It takes away this anxiety that you always have that people will think you're sleeping with me because I'm your boss. You sign this and you're a free agent. You can kick me to the curb, and you still own forty nine percent of HSDO/Morse, or Halloran, Mdimba, if you prefer. The only way you lose your interest in the company is if you leave our employment of your own free will. Then, the shares revert to me."

"I'm stunned. Collin, I .. I feel like I don't deserve this."

"Deni, I love you, but that's not why I'm doing this. I'm doing this because it is a good business decision, and a good personal finance decision, as well. I get to liquidate some of my investment in the company, and remain in technical control. As time goes on, I have a partner who has as much invested in the company as I do who can run the company when I need to withdraw a little."

"Collin, this is so generous..."

"No, Deni, it's not. It's business. I have a company that's almost twice as big as it was yesterday. I need a partner to help me run it. You're absolutely the best person for the job, hands down. On top of that, I would trust you with my life. Nothing has ever been clearer to me."

Deni stood and walked around the table, and I stood to meet her. She hugged me fiercely, then leaned back and looked at me.

"Thank you Collin, for having this kind of faith in me," she said. "I'll work really hard to make sure I never let you down."

Later, walking Deni to her car, holding hands, I stopped in a little pool of darkness between two big circles of light thrown by the streetlights, and pulled her to me and kissed her.

"So, can we get together for breakfast tomorrow?" Deni asked between kisses.

"I don't know. Business or pleasure?"

"How about a little bit of both?"

I smiled. "Hmmm. People might talk, you know."

# # #