All Comments on 'By His Reputation Ch. 01'

by bookwyrm5000

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Thanks for your first story. It was a nice interlude. Her scrambled thoughts at the door were a great touch. Try to find an editor or second reader to catch rough spots. At the beginning, I'm not sure if he has a wife and child who are away or is single. His shirt changes from black to purple. Things like that interrupt the story flow. The ending jumps to implied relationship rather quickly. Perhaps ending on the hope of a relationship would fit the circumstances better?

I would also suggest using good old past tense. It is generally more comfortable for readers. Again, thanks for sharing with us.

FASfanFASfanalmost 8 years ago
Very readable for a first offering -- thank you

I enjoyed this one, and thanks again. It was a bit clunky in places but overall a pretty good effort. Please keep writing -- it is the only way to improve, and as Anonymous says, it might be a good idea to get some assistance with editing.

Nice work -- four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A little bit surreal in places

It was an enchanting story, very fast paced. Her inner monologue was very realistic the whole thing was quite vivid. Although I confess I didn’t pick up the colour change of his shirt that somebody else mentioned. Delightfully erotic.

Tess (uk)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbookwyrm5000@bookwyrm5000
I've started working with a new writing partner and taking commissions again after several years of dabbling with it. Commissions that I maintain rights to will be posted here!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES