All Comments on 'Campfire Talk'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
_Lynn__Lynn_over 16 years ago
Thank you

for sharing family memories. They made me smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Lots of memories

Brings back a lot of memories of what it used to be like. Thanks DG for the wonderful story.

Brad

JakeRiversJakeRiversover 16 years ago
Yeah, I remember all that stuff.

Plus something about rock salt and watermelons ... but no one would remember that.

It's always fun to take a journey down memory lane.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Short, sweet and sentimental

Here I am, all prepared to be scared, and instead you gifted us with a sentimental trip down memory lane. This brought tears to my eyes. My dad would stand for hours, giving candy and pennies to the children on Halloween. I miss him.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
A very emotional storyline.

I have to say you just put Halloween back up were it belongs, a time to give some fun and enjoyment to all involved. Since my wife passed away I had forgotten some of the fun times that each year has. Your wife’s story brought moisture to these old reprobates eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
So good for Halloween

Fantastic and the memories are ripe.

DarkniciadDarkniciadover 16 years ago
Little snippets of life

Have to love the little amusing snippets of life everyone has to tell. Thanks for sharing yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Way to go!

I enjoyed this one very much. It shows that you still have it.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 16 years ago
Interesting

and I remember some of that. I lived in a small town in the forties, and we used to go around trick or treating, usually in a crowd. It was fun, and I especially remember the lady who gave out popcorn balls. Now, she would be arrested for that. I don't remember "Help the Poor". we always hollered out "Trick or treat".

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Heartwarming

Rarely do I read a story about halloween that was so sweet and funny. You did a wonderful job with it.

MagicaPracticaMagicaPracticaover 16 years ago
The best stories...

are often the true ones; those told around the kitchen table at midnight or after a holiday meal. Thank you for sharing some of your family's stories about Halloween.

starrkersstarrkersover 16 years ago
Lovely

This gives an Aussie insight into what this Halloween malarky is all about. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
WONDERFUL!

Execellent yarns. Post more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
crying!

I lived in those days of the father's story of the Ham Bone. Went to the family friends' houses, but mostly got one piece of candy. Nobody started wrapping candy until about 1945 or so. Story well told. I had to dry my eyes several times to get through it. Well done. ( As are almost all of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Terrific!

I enjoyed the heartfelt stories. I had to laugh at myself. I've read so many 'loving wives' stories of late I kept on expecting to read someone's wife or girlfriend was unfaithful. It didn't matter that DG Hear warned there was no sexual stuff. Those types of stories can mess your head. So glad that this story was a welcomed break. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for the human-kindness stories.

BJ

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing this Halloween story that was part of your life.

daiblo598daiblo598over 1 year ago

Great stories thank you for sharing them. I really enjoyed them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...