All Comments on 'Can't Buy Me Love'

by JukeboxEMCSA

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 11 years ago
great story

lovely written and very well composed. i liked the scene of putting poor elsie under, very arousing. and of course the suspicion of who caused their monetary problems (twice) grew while reading. but we'll never know for sure, will we? somehow we don't even have to think of elsie as 'poor.' the only one feeling miserable will be her husband, but he doesn't have to sell his wife, does he?

thank you again for a wonderful read. i gave it a five... a high five (smile).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
apiece of shit

crap

ILienBagbyILienBagbyabout 11 years ago
This story is

original, clever, and well written. A 5, a 5 for sure.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 11 years ago
Fine writing

in every way. Thank you. This earns a rare five from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Jerks

I just love the slut shaming in the comments. "Divorce the bitch?" He was the a**hole that sold her into slavery in the first place. If she preferred it to being with him who could blame her? One bombing this story because you're a sexist dwid won't suddenly make it ok to treat your wife like crap.

Great job as always Jukebox. You are one of my favorite authors on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow! Good read!

I read and then reread the story. Maybe it’s just me, but I think there’s quite a bit of subtext going on here. Aside from the ending that is. I’m probably just reading into it and that’s okay. I think it’s a good story, well told and written. I’m not surprised that there’s some who would immediately attack you or the story because it doesn’t fit into their notions of what should be. I’m also not surprised that you don’t include married people more often into your works for just that reason. Anyway, good storytelling, thanks.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago

Good story, Scary, but good.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What was the reason he took her there...Because she had quit her job and was about to leave the country on the excuse of staying with a "dear" friend. Upon doing some research, he realized his wife was leaving him for another man overseas... possibly one of the patients who while in the hospital seduced her making her fall in love with him/her and to ditch her husband...As was told, many men use her services rather than get divorced which usually means that no matter who cheated, the husband always gets raked in a divorce. This was an alternative to divorce... Taking her back like she used to be. Is a mistake if he truly loves his wife. because she'll leave him again for sure. Take her back as Mrs Graves suggested... in Public, the perfect wife, in privacy, she'll do whatever he wants- a good wife... etc.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous