All Comments on 'Can't Handle Me'

by PaladinInBlack

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
LAYING

FIRST LINE.LAYING WHAT AN EGG..LOOK UP THE VERB TO LAY--MUST ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED BY A NOUN..

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 10 years ago
What happened to the first husband?

You know Joel. The guy she was in bed with that doesn't snore?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I've been waiting for a story like this ever since I started reading here....

Thank you for a great story! I gave you 5 stars!

I hesitate to say too much, as I fear a spoiler alert for someone reading the comments spinner BEFORE reading your fine tale. But I just HAVE to say this...

It has long been a frustration for me with these LW stories- If these people communicated better, could these problems had been avoided? If a cheating spouse spent half as much energy on fixing problems in their marriage as they do engaging in and covering up for an affair, what would the results be? I sincerely appreciate you writing a story that addresses these issues.

People might say, if the characters did that, then there wouldn't be much of a story....but here you prove that wrong!

I have no idea what a few of the previous commenters problems are, but I think you wrote well, the technical aspects, as well as the engaging story, certainly make this one of the best LW stories I have read here! I hope you find a place here, and do not let stupid people's comments stifle your creativity or prevent you from sharing what appears to be a fine talent. We need more contributors like you who can deliver a well rounded story that makes people think, AS WELL AS entertain, with a little bit of spice for just about anybody's tastes.

Thanks again!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 10 years ago
Hit and Mrs saga that gets points for novelty

Was this a parody, or a paen to stepping up carnal game as a couple ? This story never really made up its mind. Still the extra effort the author put into this was evident. I rate this as well conceived and passably well executed for a novice Loving Wives effort. The Talk Man was mentioned as an influence here - this was pretty correct and toned down in contrast to his work.

I did miss a bad guy or slut to root against. Still the novice zen enthusiast in me applauded the main couple working in bedroom harmony. This author has promise and Loving Wives will be the richer if PaladininBlack continues to refine his talent

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Now, this was different and interesting.

The way it started I assumed she'd wind up working in a NV brothel with several boyfriends on the side.

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80about 10 years ago
anonymous, verbs, editing and continuity.

Let's start with anonymous. Dude what's with the troll like web yelling? If you intend to educate someone about proper use of the English language, please ensure that your form is also correct. If you don't, then you look like a bitchy idiot.

Addressing anonymous once again for the education of all about verbs. No a noun does not have to follow a verb. It may also precede a verb. Example: He addressed the douche named anonymous, "Fuck off." As you can see from this example the noun or in this case pronoun "He" preceded the the verb "addressed".

Editing sir will assist you in submitting higher quality of work. I find that self editing is rarely successful and that a good writing genuinely needs a second pair of eyes to review his work in order to catch spelling, grammatical and continuity errors. One excellent technique for self editing is to read your work aloud to yourself. This will allow you to detach yourself a little bit from your story and hear what you've written to help you find the errors. I also recommend you avail yourself of the many talented another editors on this site or another site. Keep in mind that never the technique offered nor a good editor are infallible. I have found the rare spelling or grammatical and even continuity errors in professional written and edited books that made it to mass publication and can be found in books at your local library or bookstores.

Addressing continuity errors such as your initial one this story where you changed the name of one character halfway through. In a two character story that is a glaring mistake that should have been easily avoided by a cursory rereading. Continuity errors are to be avoided at all costs. The longer, larger and more detailed a story gets the harder it will be to avoid such errors, but strive to avoid them as they generally more than anything get you yelled at and confuse your readers. Once again on a story as short as this, it should have been easily avoided. I am sure you will learn from your mistake and become a better writer.

Overall good story. I give high marks for creativity and originality. While this story was inspired by another you remained descriptive and took the story in a direction that was unexpected given that most human's are selfish creatures. Barring the continuity error, your mistakes were few and did not detract much from the story.

Good luck and enjoy future writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
3*s

Wonderful. Awesome . Really like the way you took an outlandish incest story .

And made it into a very good LW tale.

I read the first chapter and gave up on it. You took it and made it all good . An example of a couple committed to each other in the best way possible.

Usually, the story with more realism is less entertaining, but NOT in your case!

PalidinInBlack I will be looking for your stories as

AMerryMan.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
UNABLE TO SATISFY THE OTHER

might as well just go for yourself, ME. TK U MLJ LV NV

PaladinInBlackPaladinInBlackabout 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the feedback!

Errata-

- Joel/James. Not sure how the heck this happened, or how it missed my editor's eyes. I have long believed that 'crowdsourcing' editing would be the most effective way to polish a work- lots of eyes see different things.

- Verb/noun. The better complaint about that sentence is that I should have used 'lying'- another detail both my editor and I missed.

IronSoldier80- Thank you for your feedback! I did have an editor who generally did a great job. Like I said- crowdsourced editing would rock!

Lord Slamdawgg- Thank you also! The story is mostly an homage to TalkMan's story, and a sort of call for better communication between couples. I thought I had set up enough conflict between 'everyman' James and 'superbitch' Bell, but apparently did not. I had played with the idea of some shady behaviors on her part while they were married, but cut one of the scenes and never wrote others- I just decided on-going frustration was better for this tale than anything more... tawdry?

Anonymous, others- thank you as well! I appreciate your reading and commenting!

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
This was good

It should have gotten a higher score. A nice little tale of how a committed couple can use communication to work out the problems. This marriage could have had quite a few strikes against it, but they were able to put the effort in and make it work. Even in marriages with less extremes in the bedroom, communication is crucial. Some women just expect the husband to know what to do. Without feed back, he can just be guising. He can be seen as inept, when all that`s needed is a little feedback. In the story "When We Were Married" imagine heartache it could save to take the approach in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Finally!

I don't usually comment (which is why I am anonymous) but your story is very refreshing. After reading dozens of stories about wives cheating on their husbands, it is nice to read a story where the wife actually thinks rationally and solves her problem through effective communication, rather than cheating. Unfortunately, even in the real world there are a lot of people who can learn from this. Just go to a marriage forum and you'll see what I mean. Way too many people complaining about their sex life when they could easily fix it by talking to their partner. As your story shows, it can be mutually satisfying.

ken philipsken philipsabout 10 years ago
Notwithstanding Name Change Part Way Thru, I Just Loved Concept Behind This One

I am still gonna give it 5* & favourite it despite the grammatical & name change errors, as it is a touching & yet very sexy story about a couple who successfully work their way back from a not great place through trust, communication, listening, & love. Everything I go for in my stories (even when the couple CHOOSE to play). Love your work. Ken

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
how i wish

This is really refreshing. It is true that women seem to think the man should 'know' what to do to satisfy her. As a man I can truthfully say that most of us have no clue. Men and Women think differently and perceive sex very differently very often. Help us to know what you need. This couple worked it out, and she realized her shortcomings so as to improve their lives together as did he. I wish I could have had this story to read when I was young. Of course, there was no internet then either. When I was a boy, I had to walk five miles in the snow to buy a porn magazine!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Divorce the bitch

She doesn't deserve him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why would she marry him in the first place?

Why would she stay with him for a year let alone 18 years? The entire premise of the story doesn't work. Then you play BDSM games. This was just awful.

1 star

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
No

Nice try, but it wasn't for me. Paying homage to an incest story is pretty weak.

PaladinInBlackPaladinInBlackalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Re: feedback

I'm always a bit sorry that a given story is not too someone's taste. To be frank, since this is a labor of love rather than for profit, the primary audience is just me. I have wide tastes, though, so maybe one of my other stories is more to your liking.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 3 years ago
Really?

I stopped reading when I got to about half of the first page and it was still describing her attributes. Did anything ever happen? or were the three pages dedicated to elevate her Venus like beauty?

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 3 years ago
Capital Punishment?

That is the death penalty.

Did you perhaps mean 'Corporal'

BriteaseBriteasealmost 3 years ago

Well I thought it was excellent!

PaladinInBlackPaladinInBlackalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I'm always fascinated by the diversity of comments a simple sorry can engender.

For those that liked it or offered advice, thank you so much.

For those that don't, at least there is a large diversity of other stories for you to try.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

just divorce him and move on whore.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

He married a round heeled slut. Used up. Useless.

PaladinInBlackPaladinInBlackover 1 year agoAuthor

"He married a round heeled slut“ Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I personally don't buy into there idea that a girl who likes sex is a slut and a guy is a stud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What an excellent story. A real loving wife. Initially I thought Annabelle was going to start cheating on her husband or demanding permission to to on dates with other men. Instead, she actually worked with her husband to improve both their lives. Really a different story for the LW category. Fantastic!

Mfj

PaladinInBlackPaladinInBlackabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you, mjf!

Marklynda2Marklynda2about 1 year ago

Communication is the key to the 'sensuality in marriage' puzzle. I definitely agree that this is a much better depiction of a Loving Wife than the usual here, bravo! A well thought out and written story. I look forward to reading more of your work. As this is my first foray into your writing and the first story you posted here I have added you to my favorites list. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPaladinInBlack@PaladinInBlack
774 Followers
I like to write, but I'm better at starting stories than at finishing them, so I have a rather large pile of unfinished stuff spring around. Most of my stuff is 'happily ever after'. You've been warned. FYI: I have posted a lot of this under a similar name (without the 'InBla...