Carnal Knowledge Ch. 13-14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers

In the evenings when dinner was finished and the Crawleys retired, she and William would enjoy a game of chess or cards until Rockdale silently stood and extended his hand to her, leading her upstairs to the bedchamber. Once the door closed behind them, it felt as though they had left behind the world of decorum and civility, entering a realm of private sensuality where he would strip away her outer layers of propriety along with her clothing.

And once she had been bared and exposed, body and soul, William continued the lessons in her carnal education. Often he would demand nothing short of her complete and total submission, kneeling before him while awaiting the manner in which he would take his pleasure from her body.

The things he had done to her and demanded in return still at times could shock her to the core. He could render her mindless with passion and desire and make love to her so sweetly her eyes would brim with unshed tears.

But never did he speak aloud of his feelings for her. And though Eliza felt her foolish heart aching to soften, she could never allow herself to forget how he continued to manipulate her for his own enjoyment.

"Eliza," William said, taking her hands into his own, drawing her attention back to him and the present. "There is something I wish to ask you."

The sound of raised voices snagged their attention away from one another. She and Rockdale stood, startled when a lean, well-dressed, but disheveled, man burst out of the French garden doors.

A clearly distraught Mr. Crawley followed close on his heels. "My lord!" she gasped in alarm. "This deranged person pushed his way into the house!"

Rockdale immediately assumed his normal deceptively lazy stance, eyeing the intruder with icy derision. "Don't fret, Mrs. Crawley, this pathetic rodent is forever forcing himself into places where he doesn't belong."

The other man's face reddened, and his hand fisted, a bark of bitter laughter erupting from his lips. Without acknowledging Rockdale, he turned his attention to Eliza, doffed his hat and bowed low.

"Good afternoon, Miss. I hope you will excuse my unannounced arrival. I am Lord Atherton." His eyes traveled Eliza's form in a leisurely way that made her stiffen. "Assuming you are Rockdale's newest ladybird," he continued, "I would advise you to have a care for your safety. This so-called gentleman has a heart of the blackest coal, you know. He murdered his own wife. I hardly think he would blink at getting rid of a piece o' common fluff like you."

********************************

Chapter 14

"Shut your stupid mouth, Barlow." Rockdale's voice brimmed with quiet menace. "Or it's you I'm going to murder."

"I'm surprised you haven't already," Atherton returned scathingly. "You've ruined my chance of marrying Caroline Stanley, you asinine son of a bitch. Pelham's butler informed me this morning I was no longer welcome to call at their townhouse. No one seems willing to extend me credit in town. My gambling debts are suddenly being called in, and I'm being forced to move out of my lodgings!" His voice climbed until he was shouting, his face a mottled red. "I know it's your doing, all of it!"

Rockdale appeared mildly amused. "You should have accepted your title and slunk away to Dartmoor. If you think I'm going to stand by and watch you marry my cousin and cavort around town spending Pelham's money, you're sadly deluded."

"Why must you take everything away from me?" Atherton demanded. "Wasn't it enough you stole my dear Isabelle from me? You had her struck down because she would have rather been with me!"

"She wasn't your Isabelle," Rockdale snarled. "She was my wife. Something you should have respected because you were supposed to be my bloody friend. And I did not arrange her death, you fool. Do you honestly believe I would take my children's mother away from them?"

"Yes!" Atherton cried, a tear escaping to run down his cheek. "Yes, I do! You're a cold-blooded bastard without a care for anyone. You always had everything I wanted, but you never appreciated any of it!" His voice cracked with emotion.

To Eliza, it seemed almost as though time slowed to a blur as Atherton reached beneath his coat and produced a short-barreled pistol. A gasp bubbled up from her dry throat when he raised and aimed it shakily at Rockdale.

"For God's sake, Miles," Rockdale growled. "Put the fucking gun down before I take it away from you and shoot you for being an idiot." He glanced at Eliza. "Go in the house," he ordered.

"You're an idiot for continuing to provoke him!" she hissed. "He's distraught, and he has a gun pointed at you!"

"Yes," Rockdale said with an edge. "And he might miss and hit you by mistake, so go in the goddamn house."

"Stop talking as though I'm not here!" Atherton said shrilly.

"Miles," Eliza said.

Atherton flinched slightly and unfastened his eyes from Rockdale and shifted his gaze to Eliza. "I'm sorry you are witnessing this, my dear," he said, voice tight. "Rockdale is correct for this once. You should go inside."

"Go now, damn you, woman," Rockdale insisted in a low growl.

"Miles," Eliza tried again, careful to keep her voice soft. "I think you know in your heart William wasn't responsible for Isabelle's death. It was a tragic accident."

The gun trembled. "Either way, she is gone," Atherton replied sharply, another tear streaking down his face. "I'm trying to move forward, but he is determined to ruin my life!"

"You were wrong to have a liaison with a married woman, Miles," she gently reproached. "Rockdale felt betrayed because he trusted you. Of course, he is bitter, can you blame him?"

"Christ," Rockdale muttered. "Just shoot me."

Atherton slowly lowered the gun. "But, Isabelle pursued me!" he protested. "How was I to resist her when she explained how alone she felt?" He glared at Rockdale. "Do you know how you hurt her by taunting her with all the women you were bedding?"

Rockdale ran a hand over his face. "I never once was unfaithful to Isabelle, not once. And I never boasted of it to her, either. Did you ever see me with a mistress? Other women?"

There was silence in the garden for a few moments before Atherton finally spoke. "That doesn't mean it did not happen. Isabelle wouldn't have lied to me."

"Right," Rockdale said flatly. "This conversation is over. Why don't you get the hell out of my garden?"

Atherton licked his lips, frowning. "Not until you agree to stop trying to run me out of town. But perhaps..." He paused, wavering. "Yes, perhaps there is blame on both sides. Can we not just continue with our lives?"

Rockdale's entire countenance looked as though he had been chiseled from stone. "I cannot forgive you or forget what you have done. It was because of you that Isabelle and I argued that evening, and if we had not, she might not have died running away."

The other man blanched as though Rockdale had delivered a physical blow.

"My children lost their mother because of you. Now get out of my sight and stay that way if you wish to continue your meager existence."

Atherton stared down at the gun in his hand for a long moment. Eliza felt her heart beat ratchet up in dread, wondering if he might yet shoot the the both of them.

The man finally lifted his head with a small huff of laughter. "You're the fool, Will. I was never your friend," he spat. "Oh, it suited me well enough to pretend. After all, you had plenty of coin to spare for all of my lovely vices, and I was only too happy to bed your cast-off lady friends."

Atherton nodded. "Yes, they got a taste of a real man with me...just as your wife did. Isabelle was right when she told me a wooden stick has more warmth and life than you do. Is it any wonder she preferred me over you?" A nasty smile curled his lips. "I do have to admit, though; I got a special thrill from fucking your wife right under your nose. She particularly loved taking my cock in your bed," he finished crudely.

Eliza's eyes darted to William in shock, fearful of his reaction to Atherton's vile words.

Rockdale snorted. "You really are a stupid son of a bitch, aren't you? From what I understand, Isabelle "particularly loved" taking any number of available cocks. You are nothing special to anyone. And, it appears you have nothing except a lungful of hot air and a plethora of fake tears. Now, go away like a good little weasel." Rockdale made a shooing motion.

Atherton's chest heaved up and down. "You aren't going to get the best of me this time, Rockdale."

Rockdale pantomimed a yawn. "Did you hear that line on the stage? You've been dying to repeat it, I'll wager."

"Bastard. Enjoy your playtime with your newest whore while you can," Atherton shot back. "Because I'm going to knock you down a peg or two when you don't expect it."

With that parting shot, he strode away towards the iron garden gate, avoiding the house all together.

She released a deep breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "Good heavens," she said faintly.

"Dammit, Eliza, you look like you're going to drop like a stone." He grabbed her elbow. "You little simpleton, he could have killed you!"

Mrs. Crawley met them at the garden doors, wringing her hands. "My lord, I'm so sorry. Mr. Crawley has gone to the market, and I was unable to keep that gentleman from bursting inside."

"It's quite all right, Mrs. Crawley," Rockdale said. "There's nothing you could have done." He guided Eliza to the small parlor. "Bring us some tea, won't you?"

The buzzing in Eliza's ears finally receded once she had gulped down half a cup of sweetened tea. Rockdale sat improperly close on the sofa, his hand warm and solid on the back of her neck.

"If anyone points a gun at me again, you must promise to leave immediately."

"Perhaps next time it will be me with the gun," she countered, slanting him a glance upward.

"Minx," he chided without heat.

She flicked a searching glance over his face. "Are you all right?"

His expression shuttered. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, I don't know, perhaps because your former friend just broke into your home and threatened to shoot you!"

She stifled a gasp of surprise as he hauled her up and over to sit sideways across his lap.

"William! Twould serve you right if I sloshed hot tea in your lap!"

He nuzzled her neck. "The threat of guns and flung-about tea doesn't daunt me."

Eliza tried to wiggle off his lap. "You are avoiding discussing what happened. I think you need to stop keeping so much of your feelings inside of you. Now, let me down."

Rockdale ignored her and held fast to her hip. "You were quite fearless out there, defending me under threat of gunfire. I'm not sure if I should thank you or haul your skirts up and beat your pretty arse."

"I don't see how you can be so cavalier about all this," Eliza said. "He could have killed you!"

"Barlow doesn't have the balls to shoot me." His hand slid under her skirts to toy with the top of her stocking. "You know...I've heard it said before that courting death can make a man very randy afterward."

"Breathing seems to make you very randy," she observed wryly, squirming as his mouth found her earlobe.

His snort of laughter gusted in her ear as his free hand tugged the drawstring bow loose at the top of her bodice. The material slithered apart to reveal the upper curves of her breasts. "God bless Madame Bissette. The woman is truly a genius."

Eliza cast her eyes heavenward at his fervent praise of the dressmaker then bit back a moan when he lowered his head and ran his open mouth over the flesh he had exposed, dipping his tongue into her cleavage.

"William, Mrs. Crawley is right outside!" she reminded him in a heated whisper. "The door isn't even closed all the way."

"Then you'll have to be quiet won't you, my dear?" he said, plucking the tea cup from her hands and placing it on a side table.

He tossed her back onto the cushions and raked her skirts upward as he settled between her legs.

"You're a beast," she reproved, frowning despite the illicit excitement starting to course through her body.

He growled softly, biting at her breasts, and she found herself forcing back a giggle.

William winked at her. "But I'm your beast."

Her heart lurched, and she bit her lip as he palmed her breast and pinched hard at her nipple. It was at these playful moments with William when her defenses against him were woefully weak.

The maddening man began tugging so roughly at the neckline of her bodice she feared the delicate material would rip.

"Don't tear my new dress!"

"I want to see your titties." His eyes narrowed as though daring her to defy him. His fingers fisted in the cloth, looking ready to rend it apart.

"Insufferable," she muttered. The sensible part of her brain wanted to slap away his hands and refuse his physical demands, but the flare of heat in his eyes and crude assertion of his authority over her created an answering inexplicable surge of desire between her legs.

Breathing quickening, she helped him impatiently pull her loosened bodice and shift down until her nipples were exposed. The new corset she wore was so scandalous, the cups only cradled the bottom half of her breasts, leaving the sensitive tops bare to rub against the fine lawn of her shift.

He laved them now with his mouth and tongue, sucking hard on the tips until they were shining and pink.

She shuddered, arching up closer to his mouth when he blew cool air across her naked breasts.

"So pretty," he breathed.

Rockdale guided her hand down to his groin where his cock strained at the cloth of his trousers.

She released the buttons at his wordless demand, his fingers still encircling her wrist. He sprang hot and hard against her palm, and she reflexively wrapped her fingers around his length.

"More," he grunted. "Stroke my cock."

She obeyed, squirming as he released her wrist to delve his hand between her thighs. Her newly tailored lacy pantaloons were almost completely open back to front and offered little barrier to him when Rockdale cupped her there, tugging on the damp curls, rubbing the seam of her mound.

Eliza thrust the soft pad of the palm against her mouth to muffle the sounds that kept escaping her lips. She worked to spread her legs further and undulated her hips, seeking to deepen his light touch.

"More," she echoed him.

He obliged her with a groan of male appreciation when his finger parted the puffy lips and slid inside.

His chuckle rumbled low and dark, and she felt his staff pulse within her grasp. "Is this what you wanted, love?"

She bit down on her hand as his wicked fingers dipped into her wetness and circled her pearl lazily. He drew her nipple back into his hot mouth, sucking in tandem with flicks and circles of his thumb over the center of her pleasure.

His cock grew slick in her grasp as the moisture pearling from the head increased. She tightened her grip, causing him to hiss and shove himself faster through her fist.

William stabbed a finger deep into her center, and her hips moved eagerly against his hand.

"That's right," he muttered. "You feel it, too, don't you, sweetheart?"

Whatever it was, she was caught up in its seductive beguilement. Perhaps the encounter with Atherton had shaken her more than she wished to admit. And heaven help her but there was something about coupling with William that made her feel so very alive.

Eliza used her free hand to sink into his hair and tugged his head around. She sought his mouth, licking over his lips, pumping her hand up and over the head of his cock.

Their mouths fused in a duel of tongues and open mouths. Seeming to sense her urgency, his fingers glided over her pearl grew more forcefully and quickly sent her flying over the edge, her climax spilling over and rippling through her body in dazzling and dizzying bursts of sensation.

Rockdale impatiently pushed her fingers from his cock and used his own hand to guide the engorged staff through her slick intimate folds, shoving her thighs even wider.

Her inner muscles were still spasming from her orgasm when he thrust inside her, pushing relentlessly until he had filled her entire sheath with his cock.

The cloth and buttons of his jacket abraded her bare breasts as his large body pressed her down into the plush cushions. It was almost unbearably erotic to feel her exposed skin against his completely clothed figure. His breath rasped hot against her neck and ear while his hips unhurriedly worked against her exposed center.

Eliza grasped his lapels with both hands, impatient with his leisurely pace. She could feel another peak building, just beyond her grasp.

"William," she murmured. "I need—"

Mrs. Crawley's shoes clicked over the wood floor in the hallway, her voice carrying clearly from outside the room. "Shall I bring more tea, my lord? I have some nice pastries that will be ready soon."

Eliza froze in horror, wordlessly shoving at Rockdale's chest.

The rogue never wavered in his slow, inexorable penetration, feeding her his entire hard length one inch at a time before working himself out again.

She broke into a sweat, compelled to jump up, but she was unable to move. William would not budge, damn him.

"Let me up! Let me up!" she squeaked, panicking.

"No, thank you, Mrs. Crawley," Rockdale answered smoothly. "I have all I require at the moment."

"Very good, my lord! I'll let you know when the pastries are finished. I'm going to fill them with that special cream icing Miss Eliza told me she enjoys so much."

At this, Rockdale did pause, deep inside her. He cleared his throat and resumed the pumping of his cock. "I'm sure we'll both thoroughly enjoy it, Mrs. Crawley. Thank you."

Eliza finally drew in a breath at the sound of Mrs. Crawley's retreating tread. "You have no shame at all!" she hissed. "What if she had come inside?"

Rockdale's shoulders shook with mirth. "Then I suppose she might have witnessed me coming inside you with my own special cream icing."

"Oh, for heaven's sake!"

"I know you like it," he informed her smugly. "She said so."

A snort escaped her and then they were both giggling like lunatics.

Her laugh turned into a soft moan with he began moving his cock firmly inside her once more.

"William," she breathed, looking up at him a bit uncertainly. "Perhaps we shouldn't..."

"The hell we shouldn't," His open mouth descended upon hers again, forestalling any more discussion. His thrusts became hard and rough, his kisses hungry and demanding.

Eliza pushed her hips to meet his, forgetting embarrassment in her greed for another peak of pleasure, her core clenching around his cock as it thrust inside, stretching her tender flesh again and again. She slid her hand down, past the rumpled mounds of her rucked up skirts and pushed in between their flush bodies.

She suckled on his tongue as her fingers found the tight bud of her pearl and stroked it. Her bottom jerked upward against the dual pleasurable burn of his penetration and her own ministrations.

"Are you ready for your cream, love?" he teased in a raspy murmur against her lips. "Because I'm aching to give it to you, fill that little cunny up until you're dripping with my seed."

A whimper escaped her mouth though she fought to hold it back. Dear God! The obscene things he often whispered during their lovemaking never failed to set her aflame with passion.

"I want it...yes, please, I want it," she shamelessly begged, desperate for more.

Rockdale used a fistful of her hair to tug her head back, exposing the bare line of her throat. He worked his lips and teeth down the column of sensitive skin.

"Such a very good girl," he rasped, biting down on the juncture of her neck and shoulder while his hips shifted to change the angle of his cock's penetration.

Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers