All Comments on 'Catfishing in New York'

by Charles_Bovary

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Grit-Free, Urbane Thriller Stylishly Told Off the Cuff

I liked it a lot, didn't love it . The author told this with first priority to amuse readers and himself. Mission accomplished. The style of author is very reminiscent of Literotica HOF author FrancisMacomber who just so happened to also be named after a character of classic literary staple. The return of FM ? Hmmmm.

Gotta add a star to aid and abet that possibility.

Full marks *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Repeat

Tired old plot, see through from the start, nice writing in spite of it all.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Nice.

Excellent story.

Well written and good plot.

The only fault I see, is the husband

deciding to have the wife followed

and then not doing so.

He wouldn't have hurt himself then,

would he? (lol)

Good job CB and thanks

for the entertainment.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
same old boring story

this story was so boring same old lines that you could see the ended before the being. Why did not the wife just use Willows phone and both them be there to check it out?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 6 years ago
Not enough detail

Willow knew why Sam had used the hook up app, and would confirm the story. For Mac to dump his wife, without first listening to the story seems too abrupt. Yeah, she screwed the bastard once, and was going to again, but the way this was written leaves MAC with zero personality. Even as a BTB, this leaves a lot to be desired.

3

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A fun read

Personally, I enjoyed the story and thought it stood far above the usual dreck.

I'm not sure what some of the others are whining about. If I had to guess I'd say the whiners are just naturally miserable people and nothing anyone does is ever good enough for them. Hell of a way to live.

Danger09Danger09over 6 years ago
@ ReedRichards 😂😂😂😂 are you a moron?

It doesn't matter why or how she got the cheating app. The fact of the matter is 1.) she didn't ask her hubby about the app . 2.) when she found out it wasn't her husband she stayed and made another date with douche .3) she fuck'd the guy she met who turned out wasn't her hubby . 4.) she deceived her husband.. AGAIN..by making plans to spend the whole night with the douche. This whore didn't have any redeeming qualities. She didn't think twice about spreading them for some weirdo. How can you feel the poor weak hubby shouldn't dump the tramp? Are you stupid?😂😂😂

I didn't like the story because it lacked details. The wife was a braindead slut and The dialogue didn't feel real. If I find out my hubby cheated on me and was planning on cheating again why would I want him back? What would I need to think about? It's a done deal we are done. The trust is gone. The way this wife so easily and casually cheated is scary. If this guy didn't turn out to be a serial killer she probably would've been fucking him for years. Women like this has no business being married.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

So, she was prepared to rip HIS balls off, them almost immediately is getting involved with another guy?

Why don't the guys ever confront their wives when suspicious texts show up?

Willow: "Please don't make me say anything." - She must did!

"I still don't know exactly what's going on." - What, is he stupid?

"Everybody needs to treat themselves occasionally." - So maybe Mac can treat himself? Maybe with Willow? Just got to the end, guess he did!

I know it would ruin the rest of the story, but Willow should tell her to cancel the meeting or she would tell Mac!

"I wrecked your marriage." - Willow didn't wreck their marriage, Sam did,

@ReedRichards - What story? Yes her reason for using the App was valid, but once she verified that Mr. Nice Guy wasn't Mac she had to be out of there, as Danger09 says.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 6 years ago
The Return of Zach!

That’s two stories in one week featuring a psychopathic serial killer who sounds an awful lot like every BTB fan on this site!

"You must be one of those fucking cuckold wimps who likes watching his wife screw other men. I guess I'll have to get rid of you as well."

I literally burst out laughing when I read that. How great is that? I honesty can’t tell whether this is supposed to be a parody or a straightforward drama. I’d love an answer to that from the author.

This started out so well, and with such a unique plot device with the hook-up app revealing a possible cheating husband. But then the story became so cliched, that’s when I began to have trouble determine the intent of this story. Let me try to list all the cliches:

— Wife cheats for no reason other than she can’t control her hormones.

— Implausible deux ex machina. Husband is innocent because the hook-up app ended up on his phone as a “prank.” How is that a prank? And how did his co-workers get around his passcode?

— Hiring a detective (or nearly hiring one.)

— Spiked drink. Always with the spiked drinks.

— Evil dude killed without much effort. Tripped and fell on a whirring blade at neck level.

— Heroic hubby saves the day.

— Immediately hooks up with the wife’s devoted hot friend, who has loved him forever.

— Hubby lives happily ever after while wifey instantly regrets her decisions and ends up living in a tiny apartment near LaGuardia.

I don’t know how to rate this. As a parody, it’s a solid four. As a straightforward narrative that we’re supposed to take seriously...I don’t know...maybe a two? Of course this one is currently hovering around red H territory because of the outcome, so my score hardy matters.

mitchawamitchawaover 6 years ago
Amazed

I'm amazed by the other comments. Don't they realize your story is fiction, and they properly ought to be critiquing your story and not your characters.

A splendid, well-written story with a full range of emotions from the three main characters. Your word pictures of personal interaction, physical setting, the sex scene, and the deranged seducer and killer were excellent. A great plot that began as ordinary but turned into an innovation. Several interesting twists and an unexpected ending of the seducer/killer and of the story itself. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
not A bad story

so after so many years of a fine marriage she falls for a handsome funeral director, killer, breaks her marriage vows and the husband just drops her in favor of her friend. story was a soap opera story.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Not bad at alll

This category is attracting some awful stories lately and this tale, although not exactly a breath of fresh air, is a welcome addition to the LW genre. The story took some unusual twists and turns, but was well written and even had a significant amount of tension at the end. I enjoyed it and gave it a 5* rating, which might be a little high, but I do like 3 page stories even if they often seem a little rushed. This level of writing is certainly going to be well received.

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
I don't know Joe,

might be a parody but I thought all of the stories on here were parodies. This is actually no more unbelievable, to me, than the ones where the guy finds his wife while trolling in a bar. He sees her there, half naked and playing with a guys dick in a booth and decides she's the one he wants to have his children. They hook up and she can do more tricks on a 6 inch dick than a monkey can do on a 4 foot vine and he is just happy that he is getting the benefit of all that research on her part. She likes to do it in public, she flirts to get him in fights and gets off by role playing where he is the fantasy of the day. You know, his best friend or the BBC of the hour. And when she finally gets caught cheating he can't believe she did that. He often wonders, where did that behavior come from. Seriously, that's what I find unbelievable and that's why I read these stories as a parody of real life. In real life the first time you see a woman and she's sucking a dick in a bar or out back in her car, you run the other way, you don't marry her. If she dresses and acts like a slut what makes you think she's going to change. Then she doesn't change and you find her with your best friend or the BBC of the day and you are so surprised. Then the guy kills her and her paramour and leaves the country with all of his millions of dollars. This after stopping in California and kicking Chuck Norris's ass. See how real it all is. I read here for the comic relief and the disassociation from what's real. I thought this story was pretty good, for what it is. Thanks for sharing your story with us, author. Good job. Easy read. I gave you a four.

pappy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally some originality

I've read a lot of stories here and I don't think I've seen this plot before. Nice going

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
A non-event

Not bad, but not good. Sorry, can't like anyone in the story. Not enough emotion invested an any of the characters to make them interesting. It's not disgusting, or written by a douchenozzle, so thanks for writing and I'll give it a three. The whole "catfishing" thing, no. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 6 years ago
Kimi

It’s unfortunately not so rare to come across someone who is as certain of herself as she is wrong. A 10-second Google search uncovers the following definition:

“Catfishing is a type of deceptive activity where a person creates a sock puppet social networking presence, or fake identity on a social network account, for nefarious purposes.”

Hmm. Sounds to me that it’s you who is helplessly and hilariously clueless as to the meaning of that term. It’s okay, sweetie. It’s new to me as well. The difference is that I didn’t hurl obnoxious insults at the author and make a fool out of myself by broadcasting my ignorance. You might wanna give that a try sometime.

mordbrandmordbrandover 6 years ago
@swingerjoe

Her cheating actually mirrors what a few recent articles have covered via real life incidents. Women don't cheat for the same reasons as men and usually they tend to be initiated by something the women finds intriguing or different versus what her spouse provides. They also tend to be one offs or short affairs, till they 'get it out of their system'. The other predominant cause cited is they feel that they need to 'get back' at their partner for a real or imagined slight. One instance I read about explained that the woman was annoyed that her husband never did the dishes, even when asked to. So when an opportunity presented itself, she had a short affair.

The sad realistic fact, though, is that unlike men, almost all of the anonymous women reported that they had been quite successful in not getting caught.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 6 years ago
Dear ignorant anony

I’m well aware of that quote from Princess Bride. So, please enlighten me as to how it even remotely applies to the author’s use of the term “catfishing” in this story. I’ll wait.

Mordbrand, the wife in this story was physically attracted to the serial killer, and seemed charmed by him. Was that the entire reason for her sudden reversal on infidelity? If she was unhappy with her marriage, if the affair was spontaneous, if she felt neglected, if she was emotionally abused, if ANY other explanation were given, then it would make more sense.

As it stands, she acted as though she had no control over her genitals. Women (at least the ones I’ve met in life) don’t behave that way. They tend to have more self control.

This portrayal is a cliche because this cartoonish stereotype appears in nearly every BTB story. It is extremely rare to read a BTB tale where the wife is intelligent, conflicted, ethical, or remotely human. They’re always portrayed as one-dimensional bitches in heat with no self-control and no ethical grounding whatsoever. They behave more like children or adolescents than adult women.

The reason is simple: men who have been wronged like to believe the women who wronged them are just evil bitches who can’t control their genitals. If that’s true, then they can’t be blamed for their relationship going south. Their ex-wives didn’t cheat because they were dissatisfied or neglected; they cheated because they were inherently evil. Once you’ve categorized someone as evil, then it’s perfectly acceptable to punish that person as brutally as possible. Hence, the BTB genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So

Women in BTB stories act like they do because of stupid writers. They act like adolescents and children. What is it that makes you act like an adolescent child, SJ? Fuck on off, now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Don't worry about it.

you wrote a pretty good yarn. swingerjoe is just jealous because your story is better than that piece of shit he wrote and is getting a higher score. he rants on all the good stories and authors. i gave this a four.

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Damn good!

Original, on the edge of my chair good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Rule of thumb

If Cuckyjoe hates your story then it must be good and better than any shit he made.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
good grief

not worth a vote even

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
Suddenly...

Suddenly after her cheating, her husband and her best friend found out they were in love with each other after all...That's what make this story weak...2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
patillie

land on head when you fall of the chair it is one place that is empty. What a piece of crap this story was.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@swingerjoe Re: Deus ex Machina

No, the husband isn't innocent because the hook-up app ended up on his phone as a “prank.” He's innocent because he WASN'T Mr. Nice Guy.

Who knows, maybe he DID sign up for the dating app; maybe he DOES have a profile. But the KEY piece of evidence was the profile that was ASSUMED to be him, and it wasn't him. Would she have tried to trap him if she didn't find the app on his phone? Maybe not, I'll even give you probably not. But she wouldn't even have checked if it wasn't for that phony profile. and once it was proven to be phony she should have walked, then maybe confronted him about the app on his phone.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@mitchawa Re: "Amazed"

Yes, we are well aware that this is fiction. But if we didn't care about the characters and what they do or don't do, then why read the story?

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 6 years ago
@ sbrooks

Simple question: if your wife found a Tinder app on your cellphone, and you told her your buddies must have installed it as a “prank”, would she believe you?

If it was a prank, then how is that a prank?

If a married man has a hook-up app on his phone, he’s either cheating or fantasizing about cheating. Either way: not good! He wasn’t “Mr. Nice Guy”, but he was probably “Mr. Naughty Boy” to at least one other woman using that app.

To dismiss that as a “prank” is classic deux ex machina. Because the husband in these stories can never be flawed in any way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh My

Goodness gracious, what naughty and mean people. Oh well, everyone ended where they should be.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 6 years ago
This must be "Psycho" week on Loving Wives

Entertaining story -- 5* from me.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Different

But very good. Enjoyed the plot twists and surprises you provided. Love. Cheaters who pay in full for their sins, but not the death penalty. Everyone got exactly what they deserved.

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 6 years ago
This is very original

The key to this story was the ending. Sam did not really protest, was distant, and unremorseful. Because short stories are often limited by space, you showed much in such little space. I rate it a five. Even the sex was refreshing and yet, realistic. Thanks for the good read. Write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hell of a wake up call

Wife was a ?American princesses who thought the world revolved around her and her wants and whims. Poor baby reality has come to you in a very nasty way. But it is only fitting since the LADY??? was herself nasty to everyone else. Bravo now she knows how the rest of the world feels a her attitude. Let the minions rejoice justice is served.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 6 years ago
I Like This Author's Story Lines

Good original story line. No super nerd engineer with space age gadgets, no Navy Seals, etc. Characters seem realistic.

The only downside is the dialog and the kinda wooden characters. He needs to smooth out the story, add emotion and turmoil. The reader should "feel" the characters as well as understand their actions.

But I'll be looking for more stories from him.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 6 years ago
Imaginative plot

Very readable but felt rushed. The biggest deficiency was the wife's sudden change from detective to enthusiastic adulteress for no apparent reason. But good work, I enjoyed it.

BTW, a bone saw used open the chest (or head) of a cadaver is identical to a cast saw. You know, the ones with the oscillating blade? They don't cut soft tissue, like a throat, very well at all. That makes them safe for cutting off casts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Damn! I Wish I Could Get Me One of Them Martian Slut Rays!

The smart folks here are often talking about! Just one shot (must be totally silent and invisible), and Kabam! A career woman, successful professional, suddenly turns into a bimbo with an I.Q. of Little Annie Fanny from the old Playboy magazines! I could sure use one of them Slut Rays!

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 5 years ago
Good story, but ending was rushed...

The story itself wasn't bad, the writing was good, but the ending was sudden and laid out in a sloppy manner. The bad guy falls on his own weapon and dies? The cabbie who refused to hang around, comes back out of curiosity? And calls the police? The wife who loves her husband completely, more or less shrugs when told she's being divorced and only looks sad when her best friend in the world won't share her apartment?

Any of that could still be used to make a good story, but you have to sell it. Facts, reasons, thoughts, emotions; why would a smart woman suddenly start making such stupid and rash decisions? You need to fill in the gaps for the reader; "suspension of disbelief" will only take the reader about half-way - the rest must come from the writer.

Still a pretty good story and I'm looking forward to many more. Thanks for posting.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Yeah!!!

Oh, what comes around, comes around. Don’t you just love a happy ending. I know I do. A Five from me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Read it again

A.long, but ultimately enjoyable read. Don't see too many serial killer plots in LW. Ended nicely.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
ChasB, pleasa start writing again! This was very good, quick and still developing things pretty well. Creative Kudos for the third party trying to deliver INjustice to the cheater. More kudos for not going BTB and having her killed or maimed.

No slut ray in this, just an american (lc on purpose) culture that sometimes seems to encourage women to treat a good man like a doormat. Ads, talk shows, celebrity culture.

Having said that, I do think the reverse is much more encouraged by society. Ads, celebrities, the whole bad version of macho.

Yes there is good macho, in Mexico it is said thusly, a man should be Feo, Fuerte, y Formal. Ugly, as in not foppish or involved in his appearance beyond normal grooming, Strong for his family, and Formal as in having strong attention to manners and respect/discretion for others and adherence to a code that excludes most common married man fuck ups. (For the Viejos in my grandparents Colonia, that seemed to include a prohibition on fucking around.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wonderfully Original BTB Story

Bravo! Your character development, story line, pacing and denouement were spectacular, particularly compared to most of the drivel and trite attempts otherwise available on this site. PLEASE keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
LOL!

Somehow I thought this might end up as a polyamourous threesome. Well crafted tale. Willow turned out to be the smart one and in the end she got everything she wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Didn't See

The serial killer connection coming, but did expect Mac to dump Sam for cheating and end up with Willow. After all it is Loving Wives not Loving Husbands. Good twist, don't stop writing. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Very original

Nice BTB story, she got what she want, then everyone got what they deserved.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed. caught and almost gutted

Saw Willow and him getting together

Didn't see serial killer of cheating sluts

I was hoping he would take off and continue his trade to at least 99

Not really but good riddance to sluts

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Wow! gory. Last minute save. Good stuff, exciting read..

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

Great story. I would have given it 5 stars if you'd fleshed out the rather abrupt end.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Second reading. Started to catch cheater and became one.

Good story enjoyed again.

Willow wins

Slut loses

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Uh!

Mr Nice Guy contacted Willow via the dating app so why wouldn’t Willow have arranged a date to see if the guy was Mac? They couldn’t be sure if Mr Nice Guy would contact Sam on the app! Also Willow was in on the cheating from the start. Why would Mac even talk about a relationship with Willow! She was part of the enemy! If Willow wanted to stop Sam from first meeting her date, she could have told Sam that she will tell Mac about it. The plot stinks!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago
Really liked this one!

Great weird twist!

I guess that psycho really knew how to fuck or maybe the cheating bitch was just into murderers?

Almost ended to quickly but it started and moved that way the whole story.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Burned herself!!! I might not have saved the slut...

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

lol did u put that little serial killer in there to gauge ppl commits? interesting little experiment if so. entertaining story either way and now i want to read the commits lol

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

A GOOD 4.25**** STORY, BUT IF IT DIDN'T HAVE SUCH A DISAPPOINTING ENDING IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 5. TOO MANY QUESTIONS UNANSWERED.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

For me it jumped the shark when Mr. Handsome turned into a killer. Amusing, but no better than a 3.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

It's very well written. I was unhappy at the end (the good guy died, and the bad person had zero retribution aside from minor scare and presumably divorce). So only 4 stars despite interesting story and quality writing.

I'd love an alternative ending where the POS "wife" gets ended before they manage to get into the room, and the guy escapes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nicely convoluted. Realistic ending in that he saw her for what she was and realized she cruel illusion. Once he hsd that he could walk away with hus self esteem and heart in tact.

NicealloverNicealloverabout 1 year ago

It’s a wonderful story and ironic that Sam fell prey to temptation when she suspected her husband of cheating. The fact he was a serial killer was a nice twist of fate and I loved the fact that her husband and Willow rescued her. There was something missing in Sam however. She was too selfish and too one sided for me to enjoy her downfall completely.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story but unclear why Sam fell prey so easily, beyond being a self-centered bitch.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Another solid storyline. At first I thought Willow was the new "Jeri", but apparently not. Great work! 4.8*

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut3 months ago

If only they had given it another two minutes. No cost of divorce and splitting up and Mac gets the insurance from Sam's life policy. A much happier ending.

XluckyleeXluckylee3 months ago

You keep writing and I will keep reading your stories. 5 stars from Xluckylee

Chimo1961Chimo19612 months ago

Nicely done. Clean, neat. Ahhhhh

jflindersjflinders2 months ago

The day things go down Mac tells Willow it is too soon for him, the next day he is taking her hand and walking away from his wife. The one day time period seems too short to get it over being too soon and to be walking away from his wife hand in hand with her best friend. So as not to be misunderstood, I've got nothing against him getting together with Willow and Samantha doesn't deserve any better, it just seems very odd that it is too early one day and on the next day he is so clearly past that.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0352 months ago

Second read and, if possible even better. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous