All Comments on 'Caught in Darkness Ch. 11'

by Belderiever

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I loved it

This is an excellent piece of fantasy fiction. I cannot understand why there are not a boatload of comments already. I am really looking forward to the follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
amazing

simply amazing, someday you must continue this. keep up the great writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Engrossing

It kept me guessing, even the end makes you wonder what will happen between these two. Its as though the story has no particular direction at the start but really grabs attention when he finds her trying to kill herself. Simply its a fantastic story, its refreshingly different. I hope you have started Lost in the light.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Worthy of a novel

Loved the story, and all the twists and turns...the Mule is a very interesting guy, and what he says actually gives a peek onto something bigger happening in this fantasy world of yours, somebody manipulating different races and that sort of thing. It's a bit like David Peterson's Darkness of Light. Anyway, I enjoyed the story very much and couldn't stop reading till the end. About suggestions, I think you can talk more about the other races, a bit about the history of this world...but pls don't go into the humans...humans are always boring in fantasy :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Awesome

Keep up the good work!

bornwildnfreebornwildnfreealmost 14 years ago

The story has all the great marks of a wonderful tale. It needs a little proofreading, but you have written a fantastic story. I couldn't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

man i like this makes wonder what will happen next ........ i am looking foward the sequel

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_eover 9 years ago
I almost stopped reading after CH. 5

If not for really making me curious about what was going to happen (which said curiosity is still peaked), I would have stopped reading after CH.5. Your writing was done well and I think that slightly edged out my overall displeasure about what was happening. Dunno if it's a pattern that could continue though

My original comment that was almost posted for the end of CH. 5 was:

*************

Disappointing...you're writing skills are superb. How you went from the tense nature of the story to the soothing experience in the bath was fantastic. You really made me relaxed with the imagery. That being said the ending was too much for me. I can only tolerate so much displeasure and tension from a story until it becomes not enjoyable to read. I read for fun and having the characters subjected to pain like this over and over is far too macabre. While the main character seems to be in possession of great strength and control, when will we see it? After reading a plethora of fantasy books both on here and on amazon, I've been accustomed to stories being filled with tension and pain until the last two pages where everything becomes righted. But for me it's not worth it.

***************

As it turns out the last sentence was pretty close to what happened. The conclusion was very quick and not much was revealed about what happened to some of the main characters like the twins, the obedient (was there a ceremony needed to make her the ruler - I assume that's what happened), the majestic, etc. I was thinking that he would take the twins with him...There really wasn't a fulfilling conclusion; it just felt like a dull gratification. We also really don't know to the full extent of the Mule's powers. It seems that he is just really, really, really, really lucky. I want to venture and say that his human appearance is a disguise, I thought I read somewhere that he was trying to continue his appearance though could be mistaken, so if the elf is to become queen will he become king with a changed appearance?

Also the Mule said he wanted to make a better life for the people of the dark elves. Did he make good on this? I feel like all the other rulers are pretty similar to the unkillable....Seems like hollow words

Don't let me words make you change what you want to write. Just giving you my opinion.

Again your writing style is superb. I know some people will bitch about a few typos here and there but it's not like you were using Spanish instead of English.

Thanks for posting :)

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Very good

I enjoyed the plot, and I recognize that the sex was essential to the plot; but I still ended up skimming through much of the sex scenes. You might want to ease up on them somewhat.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

A story told well, but not well told. There was no justice, no real triumph. They survived and escaped, after being subjected to horror after horror without redemption.

If I'd wanted to feel this way I could have read about the real world; about girls rescued from human trafficking long after their innocence and joy of life was stripped away, about the horrors and abuses that happen in a war zone, about genocide...

What is the point of fantasy if it isn't better than reality?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow!

You good sir rock as an author! Never stop righting

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 3 years ago

Many years later .....

After reading the reviews of what was obviously the first of at least several series . Obvious to me . Not so obvious to the readers that complained about unanswered questions regarding the fate of other characters . I'm going to go out on a limb and say that in the next series or 2 . Most of those questions will be answered . There are some characters that have served their purpose . Never to be mentioned again . If you as a reader grow attached to a random mid character . It is not the authors obligation to update you on the life of past characters . If by chance some of that occurs . Be gr8ful . And feel special . Awe . Not . Move on reader follow the lead characters . Embrace the new ones . Respect the authors direction . Amazing as they are to so selflessly entertain our minds .

Write your own book about past characters . Marry them in your mind . Have a party in their honor .

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 3 years ago

One more thing . Everyone reading stories on these sites . Are fully aware of their erotic nature . In this tale there is at best a moderate amount of mesmerizing erotica . It has to be there . It makes no sense to read erotica . And then tell the author there is too much . And you had to skip the sex sections to keep your interest . Mostly men lol . Probably because they aren't getting any in real life . It's a good damn thing it never stops in erotica fantasy fiction .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous