All Comments on 'Certain Ideal Circumstances'

by Kennewickian

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice clean-up!

This is much better. You really get into the emotional aspects of it. Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I like this a lot better.

It seems to have more complexity and the characters are defined a little better. You did a good job with the paid and suffering and the emotional impacts.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
I'll give you

a five, why, because that’s as high as it goes. Good job, still out of balance on the info, way too much. The other factors, imagination, style, delivery, impact, and plot, were all outstanding. Drop my previous word “possible”, just make it “a fan always”. Now where is your next story, what do you mean you haven’t sent it in yet?

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Perfect

This story is practically perfect and is complete in every way. You have taken a good story and made it great.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Error

I wrote a comment, but mistakingly posted it on the original story, not this one. If anyone is interested in my opinion of this author's work, they can seek it out at the end of that story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
wow

I teared up over this story. I have read nothing better on Lit.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 18 years ago
The Best!

I loved this. I could feel the emotions because I was feeling the same way, too.

Jealousy would shred me.

The only question I have is not about the story the way it is written but is about how you would do it in real life. I would have to be in the room at all times. I'll admit I might spend a lot of time puking into a wastebasket but I'd have to be there. Would most men feel this way or would they not want to see, hear and smell the sex?

Thanks for your gracious responses and for the time you took to work on this story.

You're the best.

GO KENYON!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What the Hell?

I got as far as the second chapter and thought What Bullshit! He's going to let his wife fuck another man so she can have a baby?? This is sick, and I can't believe all you sick motherfuckers that think this is such a great story. after reading this crap, I have to go out and kill something!

NeedYouNeedYouover 18 years ago
Good story about what can happen to a virgin

After she has had another cock. I know about that. But I don't understand what happend at the end. would you tell me what happeend. Did she ceat seek help or what! Send me an e-mial at <needit@hotmail.com>

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ever Hear of Artificial Insemination?

I liked the story. It was well written but I have problems with the "logic" of the donor having to have actual intercourse with the wife. Ever hear of sperm samples? It would have fulfilled all the stated issues they had without his buddy actually having her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sorry, silly story

Contrived to make some sort of obscure point, which remains obscure. Even poor folks know how to use a turkey baster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Details, Details ...

Interesting story. While I cannot relate to it very well other than it is about my generation since I had no problems getting pregnant after I was married. However, a few of the details are a little out of kilter, e.g., graduating with honors does not equate with Phi Beta Kappa, graduating magna or summa cum laude does. Also, most top business schools, i.e, the University of Chicago, require two or three years work experience before admission. Also, back in the "good ole days" couples like Owen and Barbara did not shack up for two years - they got married. Still I enjoyed the story line - tastefully done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
emotion is the tunnel to the heart

emotion from the man knowing another man child by wife fucking him want work.mental problems coming down the tracks.writers write shit and don't look at the big picture.people don't like taking other people childred.write what is real and not sound good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Better Version!

You corrected that part about the wife being sexually obsessed with the best friend. Even years later he would not welcomed at the daughter's high school graduation.

All in all an excellent story and I commend you on it. Thanks and I look forward to your next submission.

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I can't imagine myself being in his shoes...

choosing between an unknown sperm donor, rather than a real physiacal contact with anyone...no matter how i regard this guy, would be a better option for me. those uncertain feelings while the wife is actually doing it with him in another room is so devastating. it can't be me...and it could never me.

anyway, thanks for writing this aspect of marital complexities. it was a nice read...although the lump in my throat choked me.

waiting for more of your stories.

benhur726

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Bravo!

Simply the best!

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 17 years ago
Good story

It must have been discussed and negated but why couldn't they have just used Carl's sperm as a donor?? I can't imagine knowing who the father is, if it isn't you.. AND especially the father knowing about the offspring.. Look at all the problems these things have caused, as it is, without knowing.. I think her confession could just about knock his socks off..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
very good take

on how something like this might play out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What a mindless idiotic prattle !!!

By talentless "writer" !! Most boring diatribe ever ! Can't those people stay with their jobs toilet cleaning??

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago

senior stories are not sexy so 1*

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
This revision didn't provide what reviewers were looking for.

Too bad that DWornock's immature comments keep showing up.

There still was no resolution between the couple. Statements about protection are inadequate.

sojomansojomanover 12 years ago
Excellent Read ...

Well written. Emotions and feelings expressed perfectly, as are the choices and decisions faced by the protagonists.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND WHEN THEY OCCUR

ITS TIME TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED, TK U MLJ LV NV

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
raw emotions

this story has nothing to do with real emotions, it is well writen but come the fuck on, its just another WACC story. And the husband is the true defintion of a cuckold. When a woman can't have a baby the husband must just deal with and move on, but when a man can't have kids, if go by this story the wife gets to go out and have an affair till she gets pregnant and the fucking moron she calls a husband will except and raise the bastard child. HUMMMM sounds like a cuckold to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
one comment mentioned senior story

Just remember your place in time... I suggest place in the back of your mind and XX years bring this story to the front of your mind

calflashcalflashalmost 9 years ago
timing

having her husband 2nd chance of impregnating her reduced the chances the child would be his. A fairy tale ending to a troubled situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow!

Even thought I saw it coming, the ending was really well done, along with the set-up, if a little too lengthy. Well done.

SuddenThunderSuddenThunderalmost 9 years ago
well written but why?

In vitro would have worked and was available. Of course there would be no story if they had availed themselves of medical remedies. For me, I could live with another man's sperm if I was infertile but not with the sex.

The writing is very good. The characters seem real and believable. The basic premise is flawed but pretty much stock for LW "need to get pregnant" fare. Writing would have gotten 5* but the contrivance of the story only 2*. The quality of the writing was so good I ended up giving 4*.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

#cuck_shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

stupid plot, weird wording, boring crap overall. read other comments for more details.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
Liked it!

good to great story!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Nope

He gave her away and lost her. She could never be a proper mother for his fantasy family. She would always be looking for strange on the side. You play you pay.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
If

If this is the improved version, then I am glad I didn't see the original.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Sad.

Impossible to pull out of that crash dive of a marriage.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 1 year ago

Excellent story. It was real and explored real relationships and risks. 5*.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Sorry. I do not understand hubby's reaction

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In vitro anyone?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Little surprising that some mediocre sex over a couple nights (worse first night, better next night( was in danger of making her an obsessed nymphomaniac slut. Why? I guess the Pandora's box was illicit, adulterous sex. The thrill of being taken (sounds like borderline rape fantasies) by strange clocks was overwhelming Barbara. Can't believe she didn't go to therapy. Glad they got through it but she said the feeling was so powerful that it was stronger than anything she felt for her husband. Huh? Stronger than her love for him? Btw as a side not I grew up in Granville, Ohio where Denison University bos located.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just use in vitro with a known donor. Well written but the MC was stupid to come up with thr dangerous solution he did. Besides thr wife's reaction was odd. Not that she took pleasure in it on the second night but that she became obsessed. It sounded like the sperm donor wasn't that talented if she had to teach him the first night.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

As others said, this is a stupid story. They could have had IVF. they could have had at-home artificial insemination. This was just an excuse for extramarital sex, if not on characters' behalf, than on author's.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

OP tried to save his "epiphany" story but doubled down on a flawed tale. Stop it, please. There's no sense in trying to save this mess.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous