All Comments on 'Chance Encounter Ch. 01'

by AutumnWriter

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Your story

has been mentioned in the New Story Review thread in the Author's Hangout.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Looks like the start of another fine story

AutumnWriter:

You tell a great tale and I'm betting this will be no different. Thank You. Ronnie W.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Interesting romantic story

This is a very intriguing low-key romance. The characters have little emotion in their lives or conversation. It does at least seem to have a bit of mystery coming down the road. I loved Paul going over his own assessment of his state of mind concerning his long lost wife. His character is a typical engineering nerd of looking at everything so very seriously. Emotion is not allowed to get in the way of logic or letting loose.

His realization of his present state of despair has a bright side if he will let it develop. I have known the feelings he depicts in his admission of wanting to find change in his personal life, yet it takes baby steps to get to a renewal of life.

EXCERPT: No one could ever take Sally's place for me." Paul said. "She's in me down deep. I've done a lot of thinking about it this past week. I realize that nothing could drive her out of me. I didn't understand that before. I thought that another woman would. I was afraid of being unfaithful to Sally. I'm not afraid of that anymore. There can be a place—an important place—for her and some room for someone else, too."

Your writing is very good and I believe the low-key controlled emotion and wanton less is part of the characters life story.

Thank you for the entertainment

SilverstagSilverstagalmost 18 years ago
Superb

Very well written. As a senior citizen I enjoy narratives about mature adults connecting. The character development was excellent and the story moved at a nice pace. I'm sure that the further installments will be equally as satisfying.

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Awesome!!!

I found your previous story about Paul and Glenda to be excellent and asked for the tale to be continued. You have done this in an equally good story which promises to be an excellent series. Well done, your work is awesome. Please do not keep us waiting for the next chapter! Pete.

bruce22bruce22about 17 years ago
Aside

Interesting how the world changes.

Around here the fish entree is one

of the more expensive items on the

menu! Filet Mignon is among the cheapest.

That would be a different story in other

South American cities, and in Japan,

the Mignon would probably not even be

on the menu!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
What a Downer!!!

Chief, you were going ok until you ended with a business discussion.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
YES!!!!!!

You have a little suspence wrapped up in this one. I'm going to enjoy finding out what it is.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
BIG BUSINESS AND POLITICS AND COMMERCE

all necessary evils to be put to the test, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous