Choices & Decisions Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Courtney Vanderkin; this totally gorgeous red head," Clay enthused.

"Ooh, good!" Ashley said, flinging her long brown hair back. "Something else to look at besides your face."

"Ha ha, need to go on the Tonight Show; you so funny," Clay said as she scurried back into the kitchen of the two bedroom apartment.

Ashley lay out another chicken leg quarter, quickly seasoned it, then lay it into her clay pot while Clay rambled on and on about the really cute Courtney Vanderkin.

"Wait; she a student?" Ashley asked, sliding the heavy pot into the oven and turning it on. "Bet I got her in World Economics."

She looked around the kitchen, decided that everything had been prepped that could be prepped.

"You uh, you might want to change," Ashley said pointedly. "That's fine if it's just you and me, but if you actually want this girl to come back..."

"Aw, what's wrong with what I got on?" Clay teased.

He was wearing his pajamas, a tattered old tee shirt and a pair of nylon shorts. It was what he slipped on to pad from his bedroom to the apartment's only bathroom; normally he slept in the nude.

"Oh, nothing, nothing; need to use the bathroom, make it snappy. If we got company coming over, I want to take a quick shower," Ashley ordered.

"Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one," Clay hooted as he walked to his bedroom. "Quick shower!"

"Bite me," Ashley smirked, going to her own bedroom to gather her things.

Ashley had always admired her best friend, Sarah Juarez. No matter what the occasion, Sarah was always the very picture of femininity. Frilly dresses, soft blouses, hands soft, pretty fragrances, nails polished.

In high school, Ashley realized, instead of just admiring Sarah, she could emulate Sarah.

"Hey, why don't you put on that nice black pull over, and those straight leg jeans?" Ashley suggested as she made her way to the bathroom.

"Was just fixing ask you," Clay admitted and located the black shirt she was talking about.

Clay was glad he and Ashley had decided to move in together; he had wanted to get out of the endless stream of rusted trailers and roach infested apartments his mother and her loser boyfriend of the month moved into, and Ashley had wanted to get away from the bad food choices her family routinely made.

When Clay and Ashley moved in together, her parents assumed that the two were having sex. They'd never been especially warm to Clay, even though Ashley and Clay had been friends since the seventh grade. Now the Melancons were downright hostile to him whenever their paths crossed.

For his part, Clay assumed that Ashley was gay; he had never seen her on a date with a boy, had never even heard her express any interest in any boy. She spent a great deal of time with Sarah, and Sarah's roommate, April Adams. It was quite obvious that Sarah and April were lovers and Ashley was very comfortable around them. She even slept at their apartment from time to time when she and Sarah had late night study sessions.

Since Sarah and April lived just right over in the next apartment building, Ashley really didn't have to spend the night.

Clay's cock got hard whenever he thought of the three girls having a lesbian orgy; it was his favorite fodder for a good stroke session.

"Ha! How was that? Quick enough?" Ashley yelled triumphantly when she exited the bathroom ten minutes later, long brown hair wrapped in a towel turban, fluffy pink robe tightly around her body.

"Wow, let me call the Guinness World Records; they're going to want to hear about this," Clay said, looking up from the football game he was watching.

"Ha ha and get your feet off the coffee table," Ashley ordered and disappeared into her bedroom.

Clay shrugged his shoulders but did pull his feet off the table.

"Aw yeah!" Clay cheered when the television showed a few highlights from the U.L.D.-Myndee game and again mentioned that it had been nearly four decades since the Myndee Blue Jays had lost by more than twenty one points.

In her bedroom, Ashley rolled up the white thigh high stockings, then slipped white knit top and knee length forest green skirt. She loved the velvet skirt; it was cut wide at the hem for freedom of movement.

Clay looked at Ashley as she strode from her bedroom to the kitchen and shook his head. She was drop dead gorgeous, with long brown hair, round face with large brown eyes, a little smattering of freckles across her cute little snub nose, pouting lips that begged to be kissed and an ever-present smile. She had large breasts, made all the larger by her slim figure, and a cute, compact butt. She always dressed in girly girl clothes and always wore a very intoxicating fragrance.

"You look nice," he admitted.

"Oh, well thank you!" Ashley beamed under his praise.

Outside, in the apartment complex parking lot the rain let up only slightly and Courtney decided to risk it and left her compact car, pulling the umbrella open.

The rain had brought the unseasonably warm November temperature down quite a bit. At the football game, she'd been fine in short sleeve blouse and blue jeans, and had even broke a sweat when she had to pull on that airtight plastic poncho. Now, she tried to keep her deep forest green sweater from getting wet, and prayed her blue jeans wouldn't get wet either; wet jeans could be so uncomfortable.

The weather cooperated and she found the apartment with relative ease.

She snapped her umbrella shut and mentally checked her appearance again.

Her mother had stopped her from putting her hair up, reminding her that Clay had admired her long hair earlier that day.

The sweater was snug enough to emphasize her breasts without being too snug or too obvious, and the skinny jeans did give a little more definition to her compact rear end.

Her boyfriend in high school had dubbed it the Noass Atoll. He had actually blamed her when she caught him pounding her former best friend, Susan Prejean; said he was having sex

With Susan because 'at least she has an ass, know what I'm saying?'

Courtney gave a knock at the door, not seeing any doorbell.

"I look all right?" Ashley asked when she heard the knock.

"Told you, you look great, but uh, excuse me? She's not here to look at you," Clay said and opened the door.

Courtney immediately noticed the good, earthy smell of the chicken cooking and smiled at Clay.

"Hi," she said.

"Hey, oh my God, you look great, come on in, make yourself comfortable, I have to go change," Clay said, stepping aside.

"What, why? You look fine, that shirt looks great on you," Courtney assured him.

"Told him; that shirt is definitely the way to go," Ashley called out from the kitchen.

Courtney shot a look at Clay; she had assumed that Clay's roommate would be another man.

"Hi, I'm...." Ashley said, coming out of the kitchen, drying her hands on her apron.

She looked at Courtney, then looked at Clay and smiled widely.

"You're right, Clay, she is gorgeous," Ashley said, causing Clay to blush slightly.

Courtney stared at Ashley and stared again.

They were nearly identical. Whereas Courtney was a red head, Ashley was a brunette, and Courtney did have a few more freckles. But their facial features and body types were mirror images.

"Hi, I'm Ashley, and I was right; I do have you in my World Economics class, but you're always all the way at the other end of the classroom," Ashley smiled and stuck out her hand.

"Yeah, yeah, I've seen you around," Courtney said and smiled, shaking the other girl's hand.

"Come on; give me a hand in the kitchen," Ashley asked.

"Hey, um, hey, Ash, she's um, she's my date," Clay protested playfully.

"Uh huh, sit on the couch, try not to make a mess and we'll let you know when dinner's ready," Ashley said, pulling Courtney into the kitchen.

"I was in the middle of making some rice crackers," Ashley explained, pointing to a small bowl.

"And here, you like humus? I make my own; I know, it says all natural, but if you ask me, they put way too much salt in it and not enough other spices," Ashley chattered as she quickly chopped up a couple of small tomatoes, dropping them into the blender.

"Rice crackers?" Courtney asked.

"Yeah, see, I don't think it's a coincidence we're all of a sudden hearing about all these people that are allergic to glutens, do you? I mean, I honestly don't remember ever hearing about anyone that was allergic to wheat before, seriously, people been eating wheat for thousands of years and then all of a sudden it's like an epidemic," Ashley chattered.

She put the blender on a low speed, then finished working the rice flour ingredients together.

"Plus that, I put flax seeds in it; very high in fiber; you allergic to anything? I'm also making a peanut sauce; you're not allergic to nuts are you?" Ashley said spreading the rice flour out onto a baking sheet.

"I'm allergic to tomatoes," Clay called out from the living room.

"You are not," Ashley called back. "You eat my salsa all the time."

"No, no, thanks to my mother's cooking? Think I'm immune to anything," Courtney admitted.

"Whew!" Courtney said when Ashley opened the oven and they were hit by a blast of hot air.

""And," Ashley said and increased the speed of the blender.

"For the peanut sauce, I like sweet and heat, and..." Courtney watched as Ashley drizzled in a tablespoon of honey into the food processor, then a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper and a half teaspoon of kosher salt. "And here, just kind of pulse that until it's like, well, until it's like peanut butter," Ashley said and put Courtney's hand on the lever for the food processor.

Courtney gave a little yelp as the intensity of the appliance startled her. Ashley laughed, and put a casual arm around Courtney's slim waist.

She increased the speed on the blender and nudged Courtney.

"Keep doing it," Ashley ordered and Courtney again gave the lever a push.

"We got one of those," Courtney indicated the blender. "But I know we don't have one of these."

"Oh, I couldn't live without my food processors," Ashley said. "I use them for everything just about."

"You got more than one?" Courtney asked.

"How many food processors I got, Clay?" Ashley called out.

"Four and two blenders," Clay called back. "And God help you if you put the wrong blade with the wrong one."

"Proctor-silex; it said Proctor-Silex right on the blade; did it say Osterizer? No it did not so why would you put a Proctor-Silex blade with an Osterizer?" Ashley called back.

"Variety?" Clay suggested.

"Men, I swear, they are useless," Ashley giggled to Courtney, gave the girl's hip an affectionate pat and turned the blender up higher, then got out a platter and two bowls.

Okay, let's see," Ashley said and turned off the blender.

She poured the contents into one of the bowls, took a good sized pinch of the rice flour and sprinkled it on the humus, then quickly worked it in until the mixture began to thicken slightly.

"And," Ashley said, nudging Courtney away from the food processor.

"Perfect," she praised and poured the peanut sauce into the second bowl.

"Let's see, Ashley said, got out some celery and some baby carrots and spread them around the two bowls.

She pulled the tray out of the oven and smiled.

"Here's my favorite part," she said, turned and whacked the tray on the counter, hard.

The thin cracker broke into several small pieces and Ashley made quick work of spreading the crackers around the rim of the platter.

"Appetizers ready," she called out, placing the platter on the table.

"It's about time, I'm starving to death while y'all are just yakking it up in here," Clay complained as he took a seat at the small table.

"No, no, you sit here," Ashley guided Courtney to sit between them.

"Oh, my God, this is so oh!" Courtney said as she dunked a carrot into her peanut sauce, then froze as the heat grabbed her taste buds.

"Kick kind of sneaks up on you, huh?" Clay laughed while Ashley poured them glasses of iced tea.

Ashley took the third seat, facing Clay. She smiled and dunked a celery stick into the humus.

"And no double dipping," Ashley ordered. "I know we're all friends here but still, that's just nasty."

"Love the peanuts sauce, but the humus is my favorite. It's so fresh, I mean, it's just got this real earthy flavor," Clay enthused.

"Thought you said you're allergic to tomatoes," Courtney asked.

Ashley put a hand on Courtney's thigh.

"Don't," Ashley said. "I've already pointed out; he's not allergic to chili, or lasagna, or sloppy joes, he's not allergic to tomatoes. He's just being a dingleberry."

"A what?" Courtney asked.

"A dingleberry, that little piece of poop that just clings to your butt even after you've wiped a hundred times," Ashley said, taking her hand from Courtney's thigh.

"Ew! That's so gross!" Courtney said.

"Yeah, play Scrabble with him, you'll pick up all kind of interesting words," Ashley said, pointing to Clay.

A timer dinged and Ashley got to her feet, gave a cracker a dunk into the peanut sauce and popped it into her mouth.

She gave Courtney's arm a gentle rub, then reached up and turned the oven off.

"And, I believe in making a very colorful plate," she said, drizzling olive oil onto a grill pan that went across two burners on the stove.

"Yeah?" Courtney asked, dredging a cracker through her peanut sauce, stuffing it into her mouth and getting to her feet.

"Yellow squash, yellow bell pepper and carrots," Ashley said, spreading the ingredients onto the grill pan.

"And, zucchini and green bell pepper on this side and..." Ashley said.

"And no tomatoes," Clay ordered.

"But some red onion," Ashley said, spreading some sliced red onion onto the sizzling vegetables.

"And, might want to step back," Ashley said, opening the oven door.

She used two oven mitts to pull the steaming clay pot out of the oven and placed it on a mound of dishtowels on the counter.

"What's that?" Courtney asked.

"That's a clay pot; Clay got it for me for Christmas and now I honestly don't know how I ever cooked chicken without it," Ashley said and removed the lid. "See, you soak it in water, then bake it; the pot seals in the water, so not only are you baking the chicken, you're steaming it and it just seals in the flavor and..."

"Ashley's way into cooking," Clay explained.

"And cooking right," Ashley concurred.

"And my name's Clay, so when I saw the clay pot, I said 'oh, this is perfect; a clay from Clay,' get it?" Clay said and Courtney rolled her eyes but smiled.

Ashley opened a cabinet and got out three plates.

"See, my family's real predisposed to diabetes; you'd think they'd do something about it, but they don't," Ashley said. "Ask Clay. My mom? She's shorter than me but weighs almost three hundred pounds and has been diabetic for twenty years now and my dad's uses one of those scooters get around; he's so fat his legs won't even hold him up."

"And her big brother? Twenty eight years old and already on dialysis like twice a week," Clay continued.

"And I said to myself there's no way I'm living like that," Ashley said and quickly prepared their plates, then served them. "Need more iced tea? So anyway, I decided to do something about it and one hundred and thirty four pounds later? Here I am."

She leaned close to Courtney.

"Was real surprised; thought I'd lose the boobs, I mean, really, how do you make ten pounds of fat look good? Put a nipple on it, but the girls stayed big," Ashley confided.

"Wine?" Clay asked.

"Oh yeah!" Ashley said and got to her feet.

"Uh, sitting right there, you couldn't get it?" Courtney asked him.

"We have a deal," Ashley said, placing a hand on Courtney's shoulder. "I cook, he cleans."

She placed three glasses on the table and poured white wine into the glasses, sook the bottle then topped each glass almost to the rim, emptying the bottle.

"Need to give your buddy a call, see if we can get another, oh no, wait, here's another right here, never mind," Ashley said.

"Got that last week," Clay said.

You're so smart," Ashley praised.

"Got a friend, his dad makes their own wine, bottles like a hundred bottles every year," Clay explained.

"Oh, tell her about the grapa," Ashley said.

"And the residue? They scrape that all together and make this brandy out of all of it; stuff is awesome," Clay said.

Ashley took Courtney's right hand in her left and held her right hand out for Clay. Clay took Courtney's left hand and Ashley's right hand.

"Father, thank you for your many blessings and the friends that we share our blessings with, amen," Clay said and dropped their hands and began eating.

"Love when he says 'Grace,'" Ashley told Courtney. "He's quick and to the point."

"Damn, Ash, this is so..." Clay mumbled through his food.

"Not with your mouth full, huh?" Ashley said, shaking her head for Courtney's benefit.

"Oh my God, this is so..." Courtney agreed with Clay.

"Y'all, not with your mouths full, huh? Gross, got to look at that?" Ashley corrected them.

"Clay took a sip of his wine and swallowed.

"Damn you're perfect again, Ash," he praised.

"Thank you," Ashley smiled warmly at him.

"This is better than you'd get at some restaurant," Courtney agreed.

"Oh well, thank you!" Ashley beamed, patting her on her thigh.

"Yeah, she has kind of ruined going out to eat," Clay concurred. "We go to Backyard's? I'm sitting there chowing down on them ribs and she says 'I can do better' and I'm like 'no you can't' and damned if she doesn't. Even makes her own barbeque sauce."

"You make your own barbeque sauce?" Courtney asked, amazed.

"Oh absolutely; use a pressure cooker for that; that way, I can determine how hot I want it," Ashley agreed.

"And she likes it h. o. t. too, you hear?" Clay said.

"Well, I want to come over next time you have barbeque, you hear?" Courtney said.

"Have to be pulled pork," Ashley said. "December's going to be a tight month what with Pizaco shutting down for two weeks and Clay graduating."

"But then I start at Pilot," Clay argued.

"In January," Ashley said. "We still got to watch every penny until then."

"Ash works at Pizaco; her friend Sarah is part owner of that place and got Ash on," Clay explained.

"Twelve an hour, but they're only open from eleven to two, Monday through Friday," Ashley said.

"Love their chicken enchilada pizza," Courtney agreed.

She turned and looked at Clay.

"And what's Pilot?" she asked.

"Pilot Petroleum Exploration & Development Incorporated," Clay said with obvious pride. "We're a geological exploration company; we go around taking soil and rock samples and see if there's any oil available."

"And he thinks we're going to be rich once he starts working," Ashley said, smiling at him.

"But for now," Clay said, ignoring Ashley's obvious jab. "We're both broke ass college students. That's why, even though I'd love to take you out to a fancy place, you know, like Radcliffe's or La Scalia's, Ash's cooking and Monopoly or Scrabble's about the best I can do."

"And Ash's cooking is better than any of them other places anyway," Courtney enthused.

"Oh, thank you!" Ashley beamed. "Oh, Clay, I like this girl! Can we keep her?"

They laughed and continued chattering and eating until there was nothing but chicken bones on their plates.

"Yeah, I know it's raining, boo hoo, you know the rules," Ashley said.

"What's the rules?" Courtney said.

"Chicken bones and skins and wrappers cannot be left in the apartment overnight; it'll stink the whole place up," Ashley said.

"Hate that stupid rule," Clay complained.

"You're the one made that stupid rule," Ashley reminded him.

"But before you go, why don't you get down that grapa, let Courtney see what we're talking about, huh?" Ashley suggested.