All Comments on 'Choosing Your Battles Ch. 01'

by MimiRose

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
this is great, but what about battle hardened, war weary?

I like this story, but you haven't posted any up dates or time lines for battle hardened in a while. Please tell me you haven't dropped it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

*sigh* Mimi your stories are amazing! Your ideas are so original and always something that interest me. You really are great writer and I'd defiantly buy your books if you ever decide to publish one day.

I think Selene is gonna be in a lot of trouble, Sasha's not gonna be happy about her leaving him like that. Looking forward to the next chapter!

cuteButSexy218cuteButSexy218about 11 years ago
I Like IT!!

Great story! It's different, dark and crazy! I hope you make this a series :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Perfect

A true non-consent featuring a black woman, Yay! Keep them coming. Loved it. Silenced, held down, unprotected sex; rough. Yum! Can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
YOU'RE AMAZING MUN!

You are one extravagant writer.You keep me on my toes and i admire you for that. Ive read ALL your stories and they amaze me.

You keep it commin with back to back entertainment ,, extremely fun with a dash of vigor. I like that. A lot. Thank you .

TheMathias456TheMathias456almost 11 years ago
Another fantastic work by a brilliant author !

I'm a huge fan of yours MimiRose and this story only further cements this fact. I especially love the fact that you chose to tackle that age old issue of whether girls who proclaim themselves to be gay are really just saying it to hide their attraction to males or in Selene's case, her attraction to seeing men helpless. I love the true nonconsent of this story and I hope there are more chapters to come in this one. Again, brilliant work !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Update

Love the story. Pleae update

MimiRoseMimiRosealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Author's Note as of 6/1/13

I want to thank everyone who have taken the time out to read my story. Now, in regards to the updates of all of my stories... I am going to be truthful, I don't know when I am going to add another chapter for each of my stories. The problem is more about my physical state than it is about a case of having writer's block.

Recently, I have been diagnosed with a problem with my thyroids, which is the cause for a lot of problems (including severe fatigue).

Since then, I have been making small steps when it comes to writing more chapters. Hopefully, the treatment that I am on right now will help me soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
My prayers are with you...

You have written enough great stories to keep us in good stead until you feel better. A friend of mine had thyroid problems but she didn't seek full medical attention until it was too late. Take care of your body first then return to your stories.

MimiRoseMimiRoseover 10 years agoAuthor
Author's Note 8/15/13

I am sad.

I am irritated.

I am sitrated.

My laptop was sodomized by a nasty virus because my stupid and idiotic sixteen year-old cousin had gone to a sketchy website that claimed to have One Direction pictures.

So, what does that have to do with my stories, you wonder?

All of my updated chapters were on the laptop.

Yeah... My dumb bottom had all of my updated chapters on the laptop and not stored on a zip drive.

Ugh...

I am so sorry, guys.

inspector123inspector123over 10 years ago
Just a suggestion

You might want to give the tech support of your local cable or phone company a call. For about $100 they will have a technician take control of your laptop and get rid of the virus. It will be good as new. All major carriers (AT&T and Comcast to name a few) have this service. Worth a try before you chuck the laptop.

MimiRoseMimiRoseover 10 years agoAuthor
Bad News... Author's Note.

Bad news, Guys and Gals.

In order for me to explain the news, I had to re-enact the incident for you.

::wakes up in bed. Turns on my new Dell notebook. opens 'Microsoft Word' and opens up 'Battle-Hardened...' file. Goes to the last page. Fingertips touches the keys. Stares at blank screen. Continues to stare at blank screen. Continues to stare at blank screen. Taps fingertip on the laptop console. Hears a noise that comes from outside of bedroom. Goes to investigate. There is noises coming from the living room. Then, notices that the bathroom's door is closed. knocks on door.::

MUSE #1 (slightly muffled because there is a door in between us): WHAT?!!!

Me: I need help with my "Battle-Hardened..." story! I can't think of anything to write!

MUSE #1: I CAN'T HELP YOU RIGHT NOW! LAST NIGHT, I ATE THAT FOUR DAY-OLD CHICKEN MARSALA THAT WAS IN THE FRIDGE! RIGHT NOW, MY ASS IS ON FIRE! GO ASK THE OTHER ONES TO HELP YOU!

Me (while making a grimace): Ewww... Okay, I'll ask them! T-Thanks... ::walks away while grumbling::

::goes into the living room to find the other Muses hanging out. approaches the one that is closest to where I am standing. She is lounging on the loveseat and is texting messages from her cell phone::

Me: Um... (while scratching at the back of my neck) Can you help me with--?

MUSE #2: (while distracted) I'm busy. Come back later, Courtney--

Me: My name is Mimi--

MUSE #2: Whatever (while typing on her cell phone).

Me: Oh.. Okay. ::walks away::

::walks over to my desk, where my desktop computer is located, as well as, MUSE #3::

Me: Hey Mu--

::MUSE #3 flinches and looks at me. Frantically, she closes the program that she was working on, which appears to be a Tumblr page dedicated to Tom Hardy pictures. She stares at me.::

MUSE #3: Mmm?

Me: I was wondering if you could help me with my "Battle-Hardened" story.

MUSE #3: I am not your muse for that story, Mimi. I help you with your "Choosing Your Battles" story.

Me: Oh, okay, so why don't you help me with that one? Maybe it could motivate the other two to help me with the--

MUSE #3: (shakes head) No.

Me: Why not?

MUSE #3: I am doing something important right now.

Me: (smirks and crosses arm underneath my chest) Like what?

MUSE #3: (darts eyes back and forth) Um.. Important stuff?

Me: (left eyebrow lifts) Like?

MUSE #3: I have to finish watching the reruns of "Scandal" later on. I have to check my 'Ok Cupid' profile too. Oooh! (she points up to the sky) I also have to watch 'Thor' on Netflix too!

Me: (scoffs) Never mind! (rolls my eyes) You can go back to ogling your stupid Tom Hardy pictures! ::walks away::

MUSE #3: (mumbles) You're stupid.

Me: YOUR FACE IS STUPID!

:: walks away from desk and sits in the Lay-Z-Boy that is a few feet away. watches the television. A small person approaches me. The person is wearing a wolf costume.::

MUSE #4: Hey, Mimi.

Me: Hey Muse.

MUSE #4: Ever since no one wants to help you with your stories. Why don't we work on the werewolf story that's been sitting in your head for the past year?

Me: (mulls it over) Yeah... (nods head) Yeah, we should.

So, there you have it.

Right now, I am busy with another story, which won't be in this category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
*****

Sorry to learn about your health problem. Hope all goes well. Sounds like it should, now that you know the cause.

Re: "Bad news... Author's note." Very entertaining. Five stars for that alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Continue!!!

This story is fascinating and addicting. One of the best in here. I check everyday if you have updated but in vain. You haven't. I like the protoganist who is strong-willed and protects weaker. Please update and don't abandon this story. EVER!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
finish this please!

This my all time favorite please put the final chapter up. Dnt worry if it's not edited or anything. Just pls put it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
please!!

Put us all out if our misery and update

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please please please update. I've been checking this story every week since you've made it.

bunbun1228bunbun1228about 9 years ago
Mimi you're the best

Mimi plz update on this story it was very very well written, captivating, and sexy. You definitely have talent and I can't wait to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please update!

This is my favorite story, very well written. Could you please please please give us the final chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Please finish I love sasha and selene!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What happened?

Please finish. This is such a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hot story

Great job! Please find someone to proofread and edit your stories. I'm guessing English is not your first language? I liked the characters and story so much but there were several places where I couldn't understand what you were trying to say. Also a few spots where the tense is off. Things like that really pull a reader out of the story. Fix those parts and I think this story would be 5 stars! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Pleeeease continue this

PLEASE!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pleaseeeeeeee

Please please please finish!! I have a feeling this one is going to be a great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Yeahhhhhhh

After all this time I am convinced that there is never going to be an update. I wonder what ever happened to the author, she kinda just dropped off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Please finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I simply don't understand the obsession with BWWM that plagues so many Black female authors on this site. Out of all the stories here, a Black or Mixed Race guy would have worked so much better in this one. How many white boys are going to really act this way?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I second what anonymous below has said. Given the way this story is set up, the reader is almost lead to believe that the male in this story is a black guy until what little description is given. It doesnt make much sense because very few white guys are going to act like this even in the heart of the worst urban areas. Zero stars for this.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The comments claiming “what white gut would act this way” are insane and covert racists.

There plenty of violent men of all races and that includes white men too! Heck what about the Italian, Russian and other Eastern European mafias? Plus the common white trailer park trash? Such lambs and non violent criminals right?

Stupid commenters with pea brains.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous