All Comments on 'Chords that Bind Ch. 13'

by poeticlicense91

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

Thank you!

I'm a little confused though, how old is James? Natasha says they're young but a QC is something that takes a while to get, so I was assuming mid40s but not sure.

KindAsCakeKindAsCakeover 7 years ago
Welcome back!

I was so happy to see this posted!

findingmywayfindingmywayover 7 years ago
We missed you!

It feels like Christmas! I'm thrilled to see you back....absolutely wonderful chapter. Please don't keep us waiting....😳😳

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
James' age

Well, I'd say that James is actually somewhat younger than the average QC. I imagine him as something of a prodigy that would have skipped a year or two in school and then worked hard during summer months and earned university credit... His parents would have encouraged this. All that is to say, James is closer to 34-35 years old and that Natasha is 30ish. Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Age thing

35? Oh that's too bad, I kind of liked him in my head as a bit older than that, it gave his situation more pathos - as someone who has been struggling in his personal life for a long time and unable to find someone, and doesn't require the fantastical element of being a prodigy, so it makes him more relatable in a way. I'll stick to 44 in my head :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Glad You're Back

Glad to see another chapter, there was so much left unfinished and James and Cecilia are so cute together. The chapter was maybe a little James heavy for my liking and the attackers came a little out of nowhere (Cecilia just can't catch a break( but overall very nicely done, good character development for both leads inparticular and the plot itself is advancing nicely.

5/5 stars

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Age

I often will substitute attributes that meet my own personal aesthetic into a story! I'm just glad there's enough of a framework/structure there for you to fill in the details as you like! Happy reading!

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thanks for your comment and votes anon! Yes, there is a lot of James in this chapter, but I didn't want him to be a monolithic alpha, so we fleshed him out a bit. Thanks for your feedback. Next one will be a bit more equal. And yes, poor Cecilia!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You are back!!

I can't believe you are back! I looked everywhere for you. Wattpad and what not. I thought you left it there. I'm so glad. The chapter is worth the wait. Cannot wait for more of the two of them together now. Please don't go away like this again.

I liked that there wasn't too much Cecilia in this chapter... It made the little we had of her even more special. I craved her in the story, just like James did. And the four words from her after such starvation of her presence were electric. Yes Sir. I promise.

You have outdone yourself.

Don't go away again.

Love--

One of your MANY fans

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
YAY!!!!!!! YOU RETURNED!!!!!!!!

I full-heartedly agree with everything the anon below me said, and second that you are to never leave us like that again!!! I did a real life happy dance when I saw that you had uploaded a new chapter! And, what a chapter it was! I very much appreciated the fleshing out of James, and found myself craving more Cecilia....and then you hit us with that little interaction at the end, and I nearly drowned in a pool of mush..... Seriously, I am dying for more interaction from those two..... It's so flippin' good!!!! You have created two leads with palpable chemistry, that jumps off the screen at me. Please don't you dare stay away so long again! What a brilliant plot, beautifully authentic characters, and a wonderful voice you have! 5* from me, obviously, and all the long distance good vibes to you! May your muse stick around, in that brilliant noodle of yours, for all of our sakes!!!! WRITE MORE!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

All The Best!

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Anon Love

Thank you both. What a smile your feedback put on my face! I make no promises, but I have been working (somewhat) diligently. I wondered if anyone would even care if I continued, but know at least that there is an end to the story and even if it takes awhile, I will finish it. Glad you guys liked a chapter changeup! It was the pivot-point and rather difficult to manage. Equal love headed your way for being such wonderful fans. Be well! Until next time!

xoxo

PoeticLicense91

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I wonder if anyone cared if it continued

re your note below, are you kidding me?!?! OF COURSE WE CARE - THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES ON THIS SITE!

Please carry on, and continue!!

PS Im the anon who also noted about the age, so even when I change it up in my head, I still am enthralled by the story-telling!

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Keep Calm and Carry On

Well, I'm tickled pink at the lovely feedback. I shall indeed be carrying on with the story of James and Cecilia. Keep calm throughout the wait.

xoxo

PoeticLicense91

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Top shelf stories are always worth the wait

No matter how long and painful the wait may be. Life happens. We'll take more whenever you can provide it. It would be an unforgivable sin if you were to actually abandon this story. It is wonderfully complex. Please, please, please don't rush it to appease us masses. No short cuts, easy fixes or magical body parts that erase the scars. The beauty here is the struggle, the progress, the regression, the guilt and boat loads of misunderstandings. Fix them, but make them work for it. We'll wait quietly right over here.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
I'm so glad you understand!

I have been doing some serious work on the next section for you all. It is however, so heartening to see such support and patience. As a self-conscious writer in real life, it's so nice to come here and get such a lovely reception. You are such wonderful readers... Thank you: for suspending your disbelief and for waiting so graciously!

xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Glad you are back!

Thank you so much for that special installment. James as torn as ever and repressing his true nature.......Cecilia still waiting for him to claim her.....soo much tension! I just want to slap James in the head and tell him to get on with it! !! Waiting for more. Please don't keep us waiting too long. This is one of the best stories I have read on here and adds some much needed excitement to my otherwise dull life. Xxxx

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Glad I'm back too!

I'm so excited for the next chapter. And I'm glad my characters feel real enough that they can even be infuriating sometimes. Curious, what did everyone think of Natasha?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What did I think of Natasha?

I have to admit. .....didn't like Tasha. Too demanding, childish, bit spoilt.....But maybe that's too harsh. She clearly had been lusting after your man James for ages. She was highly prized come to think of it so was no cheap strumpet. Finally James noticed her and got a taste of what every other dude was after and then James says nah. He knew her disposition. Deep down he must have known from the start that it wouldn't work so led her on basically. They are the real circumstances. However you write so well that she seemed totally unsympathetic at the end. A bit like Titanic where we feel sorry for Rose but it's poor Billy Zanes character that deserves all the sympathy. He did nothing wrong really. Gave her everything she wanted including a fat diamond but she still shagged Leonardos character. Well that's skillful writing for ya! But I digress

Love ya Poetic license91. Xxxx

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Oh she was fun!

It was fun to create a character that readers "love to hate" in Natasha. I guess we all know someone like that... That's the thing about "foolish love." It starts on something small and just blazes out of control until you forget why you were there in the first place. But we're all human, James and Natasha included. It's always tempting to write an ideal 'hero' character, but in the end I prefer to keep them human: No Mr. Darcy's in my stories. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Anon!

xoxo

PoeticLicencse

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Waiting for the new chapter!

I stumbled upon this story a while ago, and I'm glad you're back!! It's a bit frustrating though, because James and Cecilia both feel for each other and it's so obvious and right in front of them and both of them misunderstand each other and ughh just bang each other already. Actually I have this love-dislike for Natasha, like her character is interesting and I liked for a while what was going on between her and James, but still didn't feel right and yeah she's a bit too stuck up. Love the depth of your characters, plot and story altogether, I love that even supporting characters have an important role and they help immersing us into the story, and feel part of it (says the commenter on an erotica site but yes).

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to the next chapter!

~J

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Next chapter

Dear anon,

Thanks for sticking with the story. My work schedule makes it hard for frequent updates, but I think we'll have a new chapter up shortly. (Praise for holidays and time off to relax and write!) It means so much that you still look for updates and take the time to leave some love. Character development is one of my favorite things, but I realize it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I myself always get excited about a good story on this website, so I feel you there. More soon!

xoxo

PL91

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yay!

Finally! Another great chapter. So glad you're still continuing this story. Looking forward to the next chapter.... keep up the great work. This is one story I keep checking back on for new updates.

Re: Natasha - it was obvious it wasn't meant to be between her and James but I honestly thought he could've handled the breakup better. He seemed a little cruel and cold about it and not considerate of her feelings at all. But I like how you wrote both characters as flawed people.

Absinth3Absinth3over 7 years ago
Wonderful

Simply wonderful.

Are you a musician? You "feel" the music like only someone who is passionate about music does. And through your writing we feel it with you.

Write on. Follow your Muse. (Pulls up a chair and sits down) We'll wait.

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91over 7 years agoAuthor
Am I a musician?

I'm not. Not beyond the obligatory elementary and high school band/musical education. But, I know people who are extraordinarily talented musicians and artists. They've taught me a thing or two about how to listen and feel the music. Could I recommend playing some of the pieces while you're reading the stories? That ups the sensory experience... Glad you're enjoying it!

xoxo

-PoeticLicense

Absinth3Absinth3over 7 years ago
Ah...

obviously passionate about music 🎶 ... or perhaps just passionate ;-)

DreadDelacroixDreadDelacroixalmost 7 years ago
Congratulations! :-)

I just saw that this chapter won an award. You deserve it. Hope you have more to come. Congrats again. :D

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91almost 7 years agoAuthor
Thank You!

I can't tell you how happy I was to see it won an award... I just don't know what the award was for... :) There will be more soon. If anyone knows how this happened, I'd love to be clued in! But for now, I'm actually quite humbled. I never though to see this sort of success with this story. Appreciate all you readers!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 5 years ago
Continued torment

I am only at page 2, but wanted to leave an intermediate comment that you are now tormenting your readers!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 5 years ago
Jealousy

Brilliant! Exploring the theme of mutual jealousy (except that Cecilia wasn't jealous - I was in her stead), but I sincerely hope the diaspora will come to an end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Can something happen soon?

Wow you are really dragging this out..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great writing

You really are a good writer, paying attention to having real life senarios in your stories, however, we really want more sex.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous