All Comments on 'Chords that Bind Ch. 15'

by poeticlicense91

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
So Glad To See More

A new chapter of one of my all time favourite stories on this site always brightens my day, especially to see James and Cecilia finally really together (I know it started last chapter but still). My feelings to this chapter are summed up by high pitch squee-ing at how cute they are together :)

5/5 stars (Keep up the amazing work)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great !

Great chapter with an excellant story development.Special the second part is fantastic.Please post the next chapter soon!

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91about 7 years agoAuthor
Thank You!

I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! I realize how specific this story is, so it brings a smile to my face to know that I'm creating a bit of joy for someone else. I don't know when the next update will be as I'm in the process of adopting a retired greyhound and I imagine the new four-legged friend will absorb some of my (already limited) writing time... rest assured, I won't leave the story high and dry. You're all wonderful for reading!

xoxox

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow!

I am completely blown away by your ability to have so carefully crafted this tale, that where we end up in this chapter, is not only natural but makes perfect sense in the world you have built and the characters that occupy it. Nothing about this story has ever felt forced or contrived, but I did wonder sometimes how we were ever going to see actual growth, with so many things holding back Cecilia, the most crippling of which seems to be her abusive Mother. Yet, somehow, here we are, and it is perfect! James and Cecilia's interactions continue to shine and steer clear of anything too one-dimensional, and I love that Cecilia isn't magically cured of her abusive past, or of her Mother's abusive inner dialogue. She is slowly learning to integrate things like her own self-worth, and her wants and needs, and she's doing it through a new, very HOT, BDSM relationship!!! I mean, come on! That takes one helluva writer to weave that tale, and to make it believable! You, my dear, have done that and then some! I look so forward to every single one of your posts, because I know you write with such tender love and care to the characters you've brought to vivid life for us. Beautiful! I wish it never had to end! I also sincerely wish there was something higher than a 5*, because I would buy this book, and any sequels, and re-read them again and again! The sex scenes are outta this world, steamy, hot! The heroine is not only likable, but refreshingly flawed. So many writers take the "damaged, pretty girl" who just needs the right brooding boy to save her, and they butcher it. The characters make choices people wouldn't actually make, and they interact in their world in ways that people don't actually interact out here in the real world. Your tale, on the other hand, is refreshingly realistic in many ways. I have no doubt that out there, there are people resembling both our hero and heroine in various shapes and sizes. So, when you take us on those wild turns with evil men, programming and selling women in mansions, or fantastical, whirlwind concert tours, it is grounded, because our characters are grounded. Soooooooooo GOOOOOOD!!!!!! All the long distance hugs and kisses to you for not only giving us updates quickly (though, admittedly, not as quickly as my greedy patootie would like), but for writing an original story with dynamic characters and romance to boot! I am seriously in love with your brilliant noodle! Please, consider writing professionally, at least on the side of whatever real life has happening for you, because we could all use a little more of your ilk in the erotic literary world! Congrats on the new doggy too!!! Sending you good vibes for as peaceful a transition as possible for you and the new pup!

Oh, and obviously, 5*.... you more than earned it. I'm sure I missed tons of things I wanted to point out, or chat about, but you've, rather embarrassingly, made me fangirl all over the internet. Just know, there wasn't a single bit of this chapter, or this story, I haven't loved!

All The Best!

DreadDelacroixDreadDelacroixabout 7 years ago
LOVED IT!

Thank you for another delicious installment of your story. I'm giddy getting to read SIX WHOLE PAGES of James and Cecilia moving forward together. :D

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91about 7 years agoAuthor
Blushing

Such a supportive outpouring! Sometimes my job/life is stressful. I never thought I'd receive such (much-needed) support from people on this of all places. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'm beat red from the lovely comments!

Ellienora35Ellienora35about 7 years ago
I just read this

I just read this whole story for the first time last night and today. I wanted to ask, you only mentioned birth control once. Lace gave her the depo 9 months ago. It wears off after 3 months. He has repeatedly come inside her with no discussion for either of them about children. She may be too naive to know the birds and the bees, what with her Catholic school upbringing and girls' college, but James isn't. And if he is all about taking care of her and treasuring her like a good Dom should, wouldn't that be something to be discussed before he came inside a virgin? And yes, she is choosing him, but the messing with her about being seen buy the bellhop, how is that really different from Lace? Her mind is messed up. He has no idea if she will really use her safe word or even if she thought the safe word was for that one time. You can gloss over it, but you need to have them embarking on a safe, sane, consentual discussion on the flight back to London, or she still is somewhat a slave. He gave her the choice to stay in a dumpy apartment all by herself with no job or friends or staying with him. It is a sort of black mail, even if just subtly.

That said, if you get this far in your reading of my comment, this could really be two full length publishable novels. Ending one at the rescue and the other when they get back to London with an epilogue about the two couples a few years later. Way to go. Fantastic.

wanderinggipsywanderinggipsyabout 7 years ago

dear poeticlicense91,

its not there in your lit profile,but i guess you are a guy.....

now if you guys were to suffer a girlfriend or a wife who had terrible mood swings.....one moment hysterical...the other oh too my dear type...in one or two hours at the most, you all would be cribbing about her psychological disorder to the whole town....;) or wanting to beat her black and blue,strangle her or what not?;)

and just because she is a beautiful,shy,submissive female.....

before James' terribly topsy turvy erotic mood swings Cecilia would be gushy and mushy and strumming n cumming?!!!!no complaints?!!! :o

then madmen,and mad women with OCD etc would not ever be packed off into asylums or rehabs ever,anywhere in the world!!!;)

after your insufferably long 15 chapters...perhaps i would wish to reply with 15 chapters of puzzled comments;)...

.but hey,without paining you or straining your nerves that much;)....i'll say that a constant mood swings patient is a pain in the ass to either women or men...and more than ever so as erotic partners;)tolerating the constantly unpredictable erotic moods are not any magical mystery.....its kinda a mother of all misery...er..miseries!!!;););)

you would write way better if you did not have so many mental block 'Chords that Bind your mind and creativity!!;););)

poeticlicense91poeticlicense91about 7 years agoAuthor
Mail left unanswered

Hi there! I usually like to respond to people kind enough to leave feedback. Sorry for the delayed response.

To Ellinora: Actually, I agree with you about b.c. When I started writing this, I had a time line that moved WAY faster. (So depo would have been fine... then I thought that such an accelerated timeline was beyond cruel, so I created James' tour to give them both space to think. Forgive me for magically extending the expiration date. Since you were wise enough to notice, I promise that can and will be rectified. Also, we can assume college has imparted some biological knowledge.)

Your concerns about SSC are something I'm developing currently. Frankly, Cecilia isn't equipped mentally to consider that her choice to stay with James was a very limited choice, since she didn't seem to have a lot of options. (She did have some though. She has a degree, was supporting herself before, and knows how to take care of herself.)

Her recovery is progressing, but not full. (Do any of us ever *fully* recover from the things life throws at us?) She knows she likes and trusts James. (Trust, I think he's somewhat earned by now.) But, she doesn't really understand the difference between a sub and a slave.... I won't say more now, in the hopes that you'll read subsequent chapters. Thank you so much for your feedback, and for taking the time to read.

To Wandering Gipsy: What's gender got to do with it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More please!!

Really enjoyed the story, keep checking back for updates but it's been a while. Would love to read the end of the story!

I've found the whole story to be extremely well written and thought out, I know some minor bugs have been mentioned, but generally the plot has been smooth and thorough from my point of view and I love all the characters and backgrounds you've created.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Story Line, Has everything in a romance thriller

I enjoyed reading this story, it was as if I was reading a novel. I felt like I got to learn about each of the main characters and enjoyed the levels of excitement the story took.

Best one i've read so far on this website.

LanguageOfLoveLanguageOfLovealmost 7 years ago
Great Story, One of my favorites

Thank you for a wonderful story. I have not been able to find one that comes anywhere near your thrilling story lines with such good characters. i wish you would write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

done...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous