All Comments on 'Circuit Chaser'

by dreadknots

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, this hit a number of kinks for me, and it was really good to boot! I'd love to see more of this.

DeLord12804DeLord12804about 2 years ago

This has some great possibilities, I can't wait to see what's next.

Rach_El44Rach_El44about 2 years ago

This is legitimately one of my new favorite stories. I really enjoyed the world-building and genre mixing between fantasy and cyberpunk, that's such a fun thing to explore that few people seem to think about. With few words I was able to place my imagination into the setting and really imagine the city, the action, and the locations.

The characters are quite interesting as well. I really enjoyed Grendel, seeing how intelligent and cunning she is with her ability to not just have stolen her quarry in the first place, but also evade capture and even notice the tiniest details about her home being invaded. Of course, that kind of ability often comes paired with a certain arrogance, which Anya takes advantage of. I love Grendel's struggle with her own attraction to bots even before Anya 'adjusts' her, it's the perfect seed to work with.

Anya, while not as fleshed out as Grendel simply by nature of the reader not being in her head, is also very interesting. She's broken out of her original programming, is cunning, manipulative, and rutheless. She drops the hint at the end that her goal is to free more bots, but to what end? She's an absolutely fascinating character.

Finally, the meat of the story. The 'adjustments' and follow-up. It's such a fitting 'punishment' for Grendel that her denied attraction becomes her burning obsession, and Anya's description of how she's changed Grendel is very compelling. And once Grendel is released, watching her struggle to fight it and eventually give up more and more of herself to this newfound sexuality is an absolute delight to behold.

All in all, this immediately became one if my favorite stories, and I am glad that I found it. Thank you very much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was sexy. I kinda hoped there'd be more compassion from Anya towards the end but I can understand that she'd be busy.

Although I imagine that a modified Grendle would be a boon to the Synth liberation effort.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous