All Comments on 'City of Angels Ch. 04'

by Love_Brokers

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Yay! You delivered early!

*****

And as usual, you guys made me cry. What a wonderful story. I only wish the site weren't screwed up, so I could give it the 5 stars it deserves! (Of course, I'm a bit prejudiced; I live in LA!) Please, collaborate some more, okay?

kmillerk1kmillerk1almost 9 years ago
Love it, But did it have to end?

You have so much more to tell. Please think about opening the story up to more chapters. Thank you for the wonderful story.

canndcanndalmost 9 years ago

This was really well-done. There was that strain of whether their relationship was healthy or whether they were in it for the right reasons right up until the very end. The only thing I wanted was for Evan to have a moment with his father before he died. but, I think you did it that way to allow Craig and him to a)bond on that level of lost relationships with their dad, and b) to have Evan need Craig to be the strong one for him when he died and to have him realize who he wanted there when he had to face that. I also did wonder if Evan came out to his mom in the end or whether Gina just happened to witness his breakdown and need for Craig and knew what was going on.

I am impressed how even in that cave right before the end, you wondered if Evan would believe he was really in love with Chad all that time and let that ruin things with Craig. I still wonder if without his father's passing and that call whether things would have gone too far. I did see the Andy/Chad thing coming from a mile away and was happy for those two. I didn't see the fact that the shame/lack of self-realization that Evan had all those years was based in how he felt underneath it all about the feelings he had for Chad which he didn't quite understand back then. It made sense.

I think it was beautifully done and I liked how the fires reflected their relationship as they waned and flared up. It was somehow a eerily pretty picture, though I'm sure I'd feel differently if I wasn't on the opposite coast and was living with that threat.

Overall, a beautiful story about two damaged people who together were stronger than apart. They really did get through those times that could have destroyed them, like when Evan was so angry the night of Craig's deal and the night he came home, finding him so drunk and unable to support him. They did get through it and it made them stronger Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

i think you could have continued with this for a lot more . but it is one of the best in my eyes. i look forward to reading more of your stories in the future and hope you continue to write with such perfection . great story best wishes big j x

Tom7JerryTom7Jerryalmost 9 years ago
Loved it

I really loved this story! One of my favorites despite how much we all wanted it to go on more. Maybe a story about chad next? His life and struggles. What happened with him during the 9 months after Evans dad died.

:)

TM

SamCartierSamCartieralmost 9 years ago
Magnificent

Bravo. Xx. Sam

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
NICE!

You didn't give in to the temptation to have Chad and Evan get together. As I approached the final chapter it dawned on me that Chad and Andy should be together, glad you agreed. If I had only one criticism it is that you didn't have Craig deal with his drinking problem. The idea that he still seen as a pretty boy twink who even among "family" must present himself in a vapid, shallow "give me drink and I'll be happy" way is sad. Were he and Evan to be as content, and secure in themselves, and their relationship as they claim, and think themselves to be the partying, irreverent, sex, and most importantly drinking would have been put behind them.

LLAPLLAPalmost 9 years ago
Phew!

For a second there, I was afraid that Evan would get distracted by Chad, but you solved it quite well with the phone call (even if the reason for the phone call was heartbreaking ...) :(

As soon as you had written that Chad was back in town (one or two chapters ago), I was wondering if he's gay and also if so, that he'd be a nice candidate for Andy :D Both (formerly) in love with Evan... they'd have something in common right away :p

It would have been great to read their story. Maybe as an epilogue at some point? And also, what is it exactly that Craig managed to pull off? If I did not misunderstand, he wanted to be a screenwriter, didn't he? So did he sell a script for some TV Series or a movie? About what? ;D (If details of the project were mentioned, I'm sorry for missing them :s)

So yes, anyway: Wonderful series! Great teamwork!! Really well written!!! And, oooh the emotions!!!! (I have to stop with this list or we'll end up with 50 exclamation points :p)

I'm looking foward to your projects in the future and thank you for the e-mail that chapter 4 is out (that's fan service!!!!!) ;D

shirohshirohalmost 9 years ago
remarkable

great! thank you for your work, I enjoyed this story since the very first line of the ch 01; I even reread it, and I never do it with the other stories here. I just want to read and read it again and again, specially the beginning. The characters are very appealing, the images you use, those metaphors... well the way you adress the issues of them, all is subtle and graceful, deep and touching.

I liked so much that reunion of Evan with Chad, that really needed a sense of closure, I liked that kiss, and how E. could come back to his Craig. I also was so moved with the split between C. and his old man, despite it was good for C., I don't know, one always hopes that the damn father makes the things up for him (for both of them indeed), or at least makes a try.

and well the thing of Chad with Andy... sorry, but kinda dislike it. maybe too obvious to me? maybe I feel it because the whole plot is wonderful because the opossite: all is unexpected, yeah, you know since the first word that something is going to happen between the cop and the rich guy, but the way, the timming, even the phone call from C. to E., all that thing was brilliant, credible and so entertaining.

congrats, please keep writing more stories such amazing like this one.

sm1982sm1982almost 9 years ago
Wonderful ending

I'm glad most of the issues Craig and Evan faced were ironed out..not everything needs to be addresses, imo, simply because that's not how life works! I do wish Evan had had the time to tell his dad who he really was but, again, that's life..not everything gets to be said! I was glad to read that Craig told his dad to eff off and Evan came to accept who he is and find out why Chad had distanced himself from Evan. So many years wasted but they ended up with who they were meant for.

Looking forward to future stories (:

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story

I've really enjoyed reading this story and the development of Evan and Craig. I'm glad Craig was able to break free from his father; I wish Evan had been able to tell his dad who he is though. Happy Andy and Chad found each other. There wasn't total closure for Evan and Chad but we don't always get that in life. Great story!

erotikpassionserotikpassionsalmost 9 years ago
Awesome Awesome story

Relaxed, vigorous, sweet, hot, tender, explosive, detailed, smooth, emotional and the list goes on and on and on. I don't know but you belong up there amongst the best of the writers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Looking forward to future stories where Evan and Chad will be together as a couple.

aclassyladyaclassyladyalmost 9 years ago
what a wonderful story!!!

I have read many stories on this site, but not all of them have come accross to me as being one that could be real. I fell for the characters of this story. I agree with the others who have commented on this story, that you ended it on a good note. The story is great as it is, but would like to of had Evan deal with his dad before his death. The way Craig dealt with his dad was the thing he needed to do too. Having the ending where you find out that Chad and Evan were in love with each other was ok, but I am glad Evan and Craig ended up as a couple. Leaving Andy and Chad to get together was a good way to solve their characters romantic situation.

A suggestion would be to have a spinoff of this story to see how Chad and Andy's life turns out (so we could see Evan and Craig married). Yes I am a sucker for a good romantic Happy ending. Keep on writing for you both have a knack for it!!!!

Thanks for the images this story brought to my imagination. Even though I am on the opposite Coast, I can see how the fires went along with the romance of this story. We don't have earthquakes or Fires where I live, but It made for an interesting background detail to this awesome story.

Thank you

aclassylady

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What happened to the kids?

Most gays are reacting, at an unconscious level, to something amiss with their earliest upbringing - over - controlling mothers and abdicating fathers.

Evan and Graig are looking to incorporate the manhood of others, because they are in a compulsive, never-ending search for the masculinity that was never allowed to build and grow in early childhood.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Brilliant. Superb story telling. Hope a script is in the works.

Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
omg

I cried

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Delighted

I never imagined that today I could land on a suite of the beautiful love story of Craig and Evan.... I'm so thankful to this invisible luck who allowed me to read the continuity of City of Angels... Those two great men,Evan & Craig are my angels now... Am so sad since a month cause me and My Angel Luc just broke and I feel so overwhelmed by sadness, damaged and screwed by what happened... Reading another part of their Lovestory(though fictitious) helps me to dream about Love and to feel that for me, it's turning a page ,look forward and definitely the Love of My Life will soon stop me on the streets and take possession of my soul... Ooooh God, I will do my best for that... Thank You Evan & Craig...... Jerry

mrsbearmrsbearover 8 years ago
Almost Died

Oh, fuck me. I was so ready to kick some ass during that storm with Chad and Evan...and that kiss which was really hot btw. But it worked out. I'm totally fan girling right now. I love this story!

And I must be reading too many stories because I was for sure thinking that there was going to be cheating and someone getting pregnant or just something more than the drama that happened. It was perfect though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YES!!!

I am so happy that you continued this story. Just spent half of sunday reading it. I am deeply gratefull to you for writing it, it's one of the best I have had the pleasure of reading. It's so mature, deep, sensual, complex, precise about the emotional turmoil and the difficult road to finding, realizing and embracing onself and with a pinch of utopian flair. I wished everybody, myself included, can experience that deep, soul connecting relationship Evan and Craig have.

Thank you again and Kudos!

Greetings form Germany! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Greatest story ever

This story should be made into a movie. There is too much hurt and sadness in the real world, we need hope there are good things also, this would be so much better than Brokeback Mountain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I feel changed. Like my understanding of love and sexuality has been significantly affected by reading this story. God, I was drawn in by this. I actually threw my phone away from me when I thought Evan was going to have sex with Chad! I knew I wanted to reach the ending because I trusted your writing but it would have been impossible for me to read that scene without crying. Thank god it didn't go there. Instead I found myself crying with Evan over his grief. So amazing. Also, the sex was some of the hottest I've read on this site. Thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
coming clean...

This story is perfection and real. I wanted to give you guys 5 Stars like on all the other chapters but I accidentally clicked on 4 stars.....Sorry :(

Casey5940Casey5940almost 8 years ago
Excellent

It takes a good author to make me cry, but you succeeded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
amazing

Really quite an amazing story - it had everything: good developing plot lines and interesting relationships and, truly hot sex ! and i do mean hot sex - the sucking and fucking each other was exciting !

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing

This is a fantastic story. Heartrenching at times and was absolutely amazing. I would love it if there was a sequel to this. Your great.

Al Richards

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Absolutely perfect

Your combined writing is imaginative, well developed and astoundingly good. Please give us another story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
what a besutiful story

A story about two way caring. About wanting and giving. About listening and healing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
these two found each other

through each other's weaknesses and weaknesses. I liked how they confessed to each other what they needed to be each other, that one couldnt the always needed and the other always the stronger.

The repression, first love ache and searching for the missing part of your soul - is what I got from Evan's story. I loved the museum scene and Evan's opening of his mind and eyes to male love, its beauty, proudness and strength to love.

Also loved this line from Craig after driving away from his father 'But he knew he'd be driving towards that destination for the rest of his life, no matter who was at the end of it"

Loved it, loved the natural phenomenon allegory too...................

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story!

You really know LA! It was very interesting and REAL. Loved it! More of this please!!

ilovegibbsilovegibbsover 6 years ago
Great story!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I got angry. You have an amazing talent. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I read. I need to know, had to know what happened next. I kept reading, devouring the story. I tried to guess the next step, but I was wrong. What a wonderful ending! Such a great story.

Any chance of a continuation of Evan and Craig's story? Or maybe a story with Chad and Andy, also including Evan and Craig? Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just beautiful

Love is love..that's all that matters...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing!!!

I was terrified when I read the first part and didn't realize there were three more parts. Gay love in movies and books, hardly end happily. This story ended more than just happily. It gave me hope. So beautifully written and the sex scenes were so descriptive. Love it soo much, would love to read more of you stories!!!

QuietScreamerQuietScreamerabout 4 years ago
Perfect

Absolutely perfect.

This was THE rarest gem of a perfectly written story. The character development, depth of emotion, romance, the plot and setting all were so captivating and so well written. THE SEX SCENES WERE THE FRIKKIN' HOTTEST!!

I was so engrossed in this story I didn't even notice any errors, which is an accomplishment in itself as far as this site goes.

PERFECT!

hheydudehheydudeover 3 years ago

Thank You

This is a beautiful story and i absolutely fell in love with Evan and Graig from the first chapter on.

Not many stories can make me ball my eyes out but this did it, i felt so deeply for them.

Magnificent writing, definitely one of the best this site has to offer.

mrfallonemrfalloneover 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing, hot and wonderful story! Love it 😘

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Exceptional, in every way! Beautifully written, incredibly perceptive, and entirely convincing. The characters, the emotions, the sex, the locations, everything! And especially the realistic, un-sappy happy ending, recognizing that life will have other crises and challenges to face, but the relationship between Evan and Craig has become strong enough that it will withstand them. Most gay people in this era have experienced similar difficulties, overcome them, and ended up as strong people. This story recognizes and celebrates that! Bravo!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've fallen upon this story, out of the blue about 7 or 8 yrs ago and God knows how I derive the same pure pleasure of reading it again and again.....

Summer1987Summer19877 months ago

I heart this series so much! You had me super nervous there thinking there'd be some cheating, emotional or physical but you wrapped those boxes up in the best way! Kudos!! Would love more of these 2, but you gave closure to the story so either way, excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Read this amazing story for the second time and as a black guy woman I love it all over again for its realness. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous