All Comments on 'Close Encounters (of a Sexual Kind) Ch. 01'

by CiaoSteve

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
An Interesting Beginning...

I read this chapter because the overview sounded interesting. I started reading speculative fiction at a young age and still prefer that over most other forms of writing. I always enjoyed the stories of abductions, whether based in reality or not, because of the voyeuristic possibilities inherent in that type of story. Put the alien abduction story-line together with a bunch of nubile young cheerleaders and what red-blooded male wouldn't want to read about it?

The beginning was okay. You have a knack for writing and dialogue although some minor editing would improve misspellings and some grammatical errors. I can tell you are English due to certain word usage and idioms that aren't used in the U.S. Not that this is a problem, of course.

There is nothing terribly original about this story, so far, but the possibilities are endless as to where it can lead in future chapters. I will probably read the next couple of installments, or so, to see how it goes and will leave a comment with each. Good luck.

Roger.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 7 years ago
US or UK?

I'm enjoying the story so far (despite the MANY errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar), but I keep getting 'pulled out of the story' by the conflicting signals as to where it is set. You start by mentioning the Midwest (implying, to me anyway, the American Midwest). The town's name (Charlottesville) has a distinctive "American" feel to it (again, to me, anyway). But any number of "UKisms" get sprinkled throughout (e.g., "A4 paper", "tea and cakes", "footballers", etcetera), leaving me to wonder just what all of this means. Is it intentional, or is the writer unaware of the conflicting signals he or she is sending?

Looking forward to the next chapter,

-Rei

CiaoSteveCiaoStevealmost 7 years agoAuthor
US or UK

Apologies for the confusion. I am publishing an updated text shortly which will hopefully address some of the errors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not Enough Bait

on the hook. Please, give us a lot more, or quit baiting the hook!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCiaoSteve@CiaoSteve
I've neglected this for some time, letting real life take over fantasy life. About time I brought it up to date. I'll cherry pick some of my favourites to see if they tickle your fancy just as much as they did mine. You never know, maybe you'll cum to enjoy them, and if you...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES