Closer Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I have some gym shorts you can borrow," he said, pointing to the shorts lying carelessly on his computer desk. She walked to his desk and picked up the shorts, carefully holding them a safe distance away from her.

"Are these clean?" she asked examining the shorts. He looked at nodded. She squinted and inspected the shorts again, noticing small stains on it. Was that food? "Are you sure?" she asked, contradicting his statement.

"Look in that drawer over there and I have more shorts. I'm positive that those are clean," he stated before slipping into a pair of jeans. Kim walked over and opened the drawer he pointed to.

"Thanks," she said as she grabbed a pair of his shorts. She put them on and tied the drawstring as tight as it would go, but still the shorts sagged below her waist. "Do I look descent?" she asked, looking in his direction.

"You look fine, Kimmy. Come on let's go," he replied as he grabbed her hand and led her outside of the bedroom. They walked downstairs and into the kitchen where his parents' eyes quickly glanced in their direction.

"Well, well, look who finally decided to get out of bed," his mother joked. There were already two plates at the table set up for them. They took their seats across from his parents and ate in silence. They giggled every now and then, remembering the moment Steve walked in on them.

His mother cleared her throat loudly. "So how was prom?" she asked, pretending to nit pick through the various foods on her plate.

"It was really good. Really, really good," Justin replied, squeezing Kim's thigh under the table. She smiled and continued eating her food.

"Did you win prom king?" Steve asked.

"Umm yeah, but I didn't accept my crown. I was...distracted," Justin replied, raising his hand higher. Steve nodded his head knowingly at what 'distracted' Justin and looked at his wife. Helen was beaming from ear to ear, watching the couple interact with each other. Of course she couldn't see Justin's roaming hand under the table but she could see the way the two smiled and looked at each other.

"You two make a cute couple. I always knew you two would end up together. I remember when Justin came back from his first day in second grade. He just couldn't shut up about 'the nice girl with big brown eyes' who shared a cupcake with him. I knew from that very moment that you would capture my son's heart," Helen exclaimed.

"I think you two make a great couple too, but you have some serious obstacles facing you. Pretty soon Justin is going to be moving to Illinois for college. How are you two going to deal with that?" Steve asked. Justin and Kim both looked at the adults across from them.

"Well, right now we just want to focus on us. We're gonna concentrate on all the long distance stuff later," Kim answered softly, placing her fork on the table.

"You have to understand that distance can make or break a relationship," Helen exclaimed. Justin nodded his head and looked at Kim.

"Yeah, but I know our relationship can survive it," he replied, looking deep into Kim's eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes always seemed to make him feel hypnotized. He was in some sort of heavenly trance whenever he was around her.

"Yeah, it can," Kim stated matter-of-factly. She looked down at the appetizing food that sat in front of her and picked up her fork. Just as she was about to bring the piece of hash brown to her mouth, Helen suddenly groaned and quickly got up from the table. She glanced over at the older woman as she ran down the hall towards the bathroom.

"Morning sickness," Steve exclaimed before he pushed his chair back and got up. He followed his wife to the bathroom and tried his best to make her feel better.

"Can you take me home? I have to go to work today," Kim exclaimed with a mouthful of food. Justin smiled at the way her cheeks poofed out like a little chipmunk.

"Umm yeah. Of course, what time do you get off? I was thinking we could do something like go to the movies," he replied.

"Six-fifteen. We can rent a few movies tonight. As long as you promise not to fall asleep in the middle of one,"

"I only fell asleep last time because it was Titanic. That movie is like a million hours long and the only reason you got it was to watch Leonardo DiCaprio. It was a total chick flick," Justin replied, stuffing some scrambled eggs into his mouth.

"Can you blame me? Half the women who saw that movie saw it for him. His face was carved by angels," she said with a smile. Justin scrunched up his face in disgust and jealousy. "And so was yours," she added. He quickly smiled and dug into his food.

"So, I'm thinking we could rent a movie that's just pure action. Something like Lethal Weapon, Kill Bill, or Die Hard," Justin suggested.

Kim nodded her head and swallowed her food before saying, "Ok, we can watch Die Hard because I haven't seen it in a while, but seriously you have to end your obsession with Uma Thurman and that movie. You know every single line to that film. That's kinda sad when you think about it." Justin laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

"You have a thing for Leo and I have a thing for Uma. Sue me,"

"I'd never sue you, I love you too much," Kim replied. She finished the last of her food and got out of her chair. She carried the dishes over to the sink and placed them inside. "We should go. I have to be there soon and I really don't wanna hear my boss's voice if I'm late. You know that prick docked my pay last week because I was a minute late?" Kim said in disbelief.

" What? How can you dock someone's pay because of a minute? That's like a nickel." Justin replied.

"Exactly, he's sooooo anal retentive," Kim said, rolling her big brown eyes. Justin pushed himself out of his chair and carried his plate and glass to the sink.

"Wow, I can't believe he took a nickel out of your paycheck."

"Yeah, but I guess you always have at least one person you can't stand when you have a job. Which is something you've never had," Kim said.

"Hey, I had a job at White Castle,"

"For a week," she countered. Justin shrugged slightly and smiled.

"It was still a job. And I had to quit. That grease was giving me zits," he replied, rubbing his face.

"Eww," Kim laughed, "I just remembered when you had that huge one on your cheek and you kept wearing your mom's make-up."

"Don't remind me," Justin grumbled. Kim smiled and pinched his cheeks playfully. They stopped joking around when they heard his mom retching in the bathroom down the hall.

"Whew, that doesn't sound pretty. Come on let's go. I don't think I can hear anymore of that," Kim said, pulling him towards the stairs. She had to hurry up and get her shoes and her dress before they left the house.

*********

Kim walked into the small grocery all smiles. Her unusually happy mood didn't go unnoticed by her co-workers, who eyed her suspiciously. She punched in and walked into the back-room to put her things away. Maria followed her and waited until the door was closed before she jumped up and down excitedly, clapping her hands together.

"Details, details. Come on spill it," she demanded excitedly in her thick Hispanic accent. Kim smiled and shrugged her shoulders before hanging up her jacket.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kim replied, trying to play dumb. However, her constant smiling was giving her away.

Maria sucked her teeth loudly and stopped jumping. She placed her hand on her hip and arched one of her thin eyebrows. "Mmmhhhmmm, so what's with the smile?" she asked.

"What, I can't be happy," Kim replied innocently.

"Mommy, we both know who put that smile on your face and I want details. I saw Justin pull you out of prom and you both never came back. Spill it," Maria said with a knowing smile.

Kim sighed happily. She walked over to the door and opened it to peek around. The walls in this place were so thin and she wanted to make sure no one else was in listening range. She closed the door and turned back around. She was tempted to start jumping up and down and squealing but she restrained herself.

"Ok," she said, barely containing her excitement. "We got into an argument that got way out of hand and that's why we weren't talking. So, on prom he dragged me out to explain why he acted the way he did. I was so mad that I didn't even wanna listen, and I slapped him. Then, when I was gonna storm out he said he loved me. And not in the friend way," she continued, trying her best to be calm even though her friend's growing smile was making it hard.

"Oh my God. Oh my God," Maria said excitedly in her heavy accent.

"Anyway, I told him that I love him too and we ended up..." Kim trailed. Maria squealed and jumped up and down, clapping.

"Oh my God, you're so lucky. So he was your first?" Kim nodded but chewed on her bottom lip.

"Yeah, but that wasn't the first time we ever...you know," Kim replied. Maria's mouth gaped open and she looked at Kim in shock.

"And why didn't I know about the first time?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Oops. I didn't really want to tell you because I knew you'd freak out and I didn't want that. I was confused 'cause I didn't know how to feel and it was weird."

"Well, I forgive you. Anyway, how was he? How big is he? Was there any foreplay?" Maria asked. Kim rolled her eyes. This was exactly why she didn't say anything the first time.

"Ok, I'll go in order. There are no words to describe how good he was, he's pretty big, and yes there was foreplay."

Maria squealed again and hugged Kim excitedly. She was about to say something when their boss walked into the room. The smile on the girls' faces quickly disappeared as they met his blank eyes.

"I didn't know my father was paying you two to play around in here. Get to work," he said, absolutely no emotion in his voice or on his face. Maria shot him a dirty look before walking out of the room with Kim closely behind her. She looked behind her to make sure that Tom, their boss wasn't behind them.

"I think Tom's a robot. He scares me," Maria whispered quietly. Kim nodded her head in agreement. They walked over to their check-out lanes and sat there waiting for customers.

"Whatcha gonna do after work?" Maria asked after no people showed up at her lane.

"Rent some movies with Justin," Kim replied just as an elder woman walked into her lane.

"Ooh first official date huh?" Maria asked, watching Kim check out items. She took a gossip magazine off of the rack next to her and began flipping through the pages.

"I guess so. It's no big deal," Kim replied while punching various numbers into the cash register.

"Cash or credit?" she asked the elder woman.

"Cash," the woman replied.

"That'll be $12.34," Kim replied softly.

The woman dug into her purse and Kim waited patiently as the woman counted her change. She handed Kim the exact amount of change and grabbed her bags. It was mostly cat food and fruit.

"Have a good day, ma'am," Kim stated. The woman flashed a genuine smile before walking out of the small store. Kim laughed softly when a customer walked into Maria's lane and she rudely told them she was on break, not once breaking her attention from the magazine. The person shook their head and rolled their eyes before walking into Kim's lane.

"Put that magazine down before Tom comes in here and throws a temper tantrum. You know he's always on the rag," Kim said while scanning and bagging items. Maria rolled her eyes and begrudgingly put the magazine away.

"That dude seriously needs to get laid," Maria said while Kim actually did work. Kim giggled and bagged more groceries.

"Be careful. You know he has super hearing," Kim replied. "Cash or credit?" she asked the person in line.

"Cash," the person replied.

"$72.50," Kim exclaimed. The person already had the money ready and gave her a hundred dollar bill. Kim opened the register and took out the change. "Ok, your change is $27.50. Have a good day."

"I don't know why we have to ask if it's cash or credit. What person in this neighborhood has a credit card? I'd like to meet 'em. They could spend some money on me," Maria exclaimed. Kim shrugged and waited for her next customer while Maria did nothing but talk. "Damn, I can't believe Rihanna took Chris back," Maria said in disbelief.

"Maria, do you ever do work?" Kim asked with a smile.

"When we actually have customers," Maria replied. Kim shook her head and yawned loudly. "Hmm, someone's tired."

"Long night," Kim replied slyly.

"How much do you wanna bet you're going to have an even longer one tonight," Maria joked. Kim smiled and thought about Justin while waiting for her next customer.

*********

Justin had literally been counting down the hours, no minutes, no, no seconds until Kim's shift was over. He even arrived thirty minutes early to make sure she'd be all his the moment she was done with her shift. She may have hated that job, but it was hard to tell by looking at the way she interacted and smiled at each customer.

She walked outside and over to his car. When she climbed inside she gave his cheek a quick peck and buckled her seatbelt.

"Hey stalker," she joked. She'd seen him pull up a few minutes before her shift ended. Every time she glanced in his direction he was always staring at her. His blue eyes and intense gaze making her wet every time she looked at him. By the time she got out to the car they were soaked, all because of him.

"Hey beautiful," he replied, starting the car. The car ride to her apartment was spent with them talking about random things. Really they were just anticipating the moment they got to her place.

"So what did you rent?" Kim asked when they arrived at her apartment. She quickly sat on her couch and watched as Justin set up the DVD player. She sat there and waited for him to put the disk in. He started the movie and took a seat next to her. She cuddled next to him as his arm came around her shoulders. He used the remote to fast forward through the previews and when the movie finally started Kim smiled.

"Pulp Fiction?" she asked, looking up at him.

"Your favorite, right?" he replied, the corners of his mouth forming a small smile.

"Hell yeah. Best movie known to man," Kim replied. She focused on the movie. Justin watched in awe as she said the lines of the movie every so often. And she had the nerve to call his obsession with Kill Bill sad?

"I'm not infatuated with the movie. I just like it," Kim stated, reading his thoughts. Justin chuckled and shook his head.

"I don't believe you. You know all the lines to this movie and you even dressed up as Mia Wallace for Halloween."

"Oh, come on I was like ten when I did that. And you only rented this movie because I didn't wanna watch Kill Bill and this was the only other movie you like with Uma in it," she countered, laughing.

"Nuh uh. It's just a coincidence," Justin replied innocently.

"It is far from a coincidence, Mr. Obsessed," Kim taunted.

"You make it seem like I have posters of her in my room," Justin exclaimed.

"You did," Kim countered laughing.

"But I took it down," Justin pointed out.

"Yeah, after I gave her a mustache," she giggled. Justin chuckled and shook his head. They continued as the movie was getting to one of the best parts when Justin's phone rang and he answered.

"Yeah?" he asked the person on the other line. He chuckled a moment before agreeing to do something and hanging up.

"Who was that?" Kim asked, watching him get off the couch and grab his jacket.

"Steve. He's at work and my mom's craving pickles and ice cream. So, unless I want to be in serious trouble for denying her what she craves, I have to get the stuff. I can come back later if you want," he exclaimed. Kim got off the couch and walked with him to the door.

"Yeah, but don't keep me waiting," she stated, pulling him down for a small kiss. He smiled down at her and opened the door.

"If I can't make it back just think of all the things I can do to make it up to you," he said slyly. He leaned down to kiss her again before walking away. She closed the door and walked over to the couch to finish the movie.

When the movie was over and Justin still wasn't back she decided to change clothes. She was in the process of changing when she heard a knock on the door. She grabbed her robe and covered her barely clothed body and went to answer it.

"Hey, finally you're back. I was starting to get impatient," she said, opening the door. She had expected Justin, but it wasn't him. It was John. His hands were shoved deep in his hoodie pockets and his head was lowered. She couldn't see his face, but there was no mistaking his body type.

"Oh, hi John," she said carefully. "About prom I'm so--" she started before he interrupted.

"It's ok. I really need to talk to you about something important," he said quietly. He finally looked up at her and she could see the worried look on his face. She could tell this was serious.

"Come in," she said, moving out of the way. He walked in and closed the door behind him. "Can you wait for a second?" she asked. He nodded and she walked into her bedroom to finish getting dressed. When she back into the small living room she was wearing a large t-shirt and some pink shorts.

"Ok, before I start I just want you to know that I'm so, so sorry," he started.

"Why are you apologizing to me? If anything I should be apologizing for ditching you at prom," Kim said.

"No, you don't understand. I fucked up really bad and I'll completely understand if you hate me," he said in a strained voice. What was going on? John was usually so upbeat and fun and now he looked like he was about to break out in tears.

"Why would I hate you John? What did you do?" she said carefully. John looked up at the ceiling and exhaled.

"When we met at Mackenzie's party...it was planned. When we started hanging out it was planned," he explained.

"What do you mean," Kim asked, gulping loudly. Was he some sort of stalker?

"Mackenzie...she...she's in love with Justin and she's convinced herself that he shares the same feelings. She's also convinced that the only thing standing in their way is you. The night of the party...she paid me to, shit," he said, trying to catch his breath. He inhaled and exhaled a couple of times before he felt he could continue.

"She paid me to have sex with you," he rushed out. Kim's eyes widened and she backed away from him.

"W-what?!" she shouted hysterically. She knew Mackenzie was crazy, but this was a new low.

"The reason you can't remember that night is because she paid me to give you Rohypnol. It's a--"

"I know what it is," she cut him off.

"She told me to take you to the guest room and video tape us having sex. She thought that if she sent the video to enough people and Justin saw it he wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore. I admit that it was a stupid idea, but I was only in it for the money and now... now I don't even want that. I'm sorry," John said sadly. Kim scoffed and crossed her arms.

"You were gonna fuck me in her guest room and you knew I wouldn't remember? I wonder what the police will say when they hear about this because that sounds like rape. Why are you even telling me this? You thought you'd just come here and apologize and you'd be in my good graces or something?"

"I-I need your help," he replied. She looked at him and narrowed her eyes.

"Why would I help you?"

"I don't wanna do this anymore and Mackenzie's made it very clear that she'll turn me in if I quit. She has that tape of you high on those roofies and me about to sleep with you. She knows the police commissioner and he won't believe me if I say she was involved," John stated.

"So what do you want me to do?" Kim asked in confusion.

"If you and I work together then maybe we can...I don't know. We can trick her into confessing or something," John replied, trying to reason with her. Kim sighed and analyzed the situation. If John did quit on Mackenzie then she would turn him into the police and have him arrested. No doubt he deserved it, but Mackenzie would get off scot free and that wouldn't be fair. Apparently, she came up with this dumb plan and she would have to deal with the consequences, not just John.