All Comments on 'Cold Reception'

by Colleen Thomas

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
wonderful!

this story had my interest from start to finish. my only wish was that it kept on going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Cold Reception :: HOT CONTENT

Hi Colly, What a SEXUALLY charged tale,i have been reading it in the company of the gay male nurse i told you about and

one my lezy friends. We are full of lust and i mean to get him in my ass while she liks my dripping cunt. You portray

the atmosphere of each chapter with intensity,as if you had been there and done that. HUGz n XXXs Sandra ??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
lovely tale

Great story! Well written with realistic well rounded characters. The story is so well written I felt like I was watching real life unfolding before my eyes. Lovely sex scenes as always. You are consistent Miss Colly, keep up the lovely work :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well placed with an accurate backdrop

Well researched, with a harsh winter war setting; contrasting the tender, innocence of the protaganists. Worthy of Bernard Cornwall.

ThaxThaxalmost 18 years ago
This was the 5th time ...

... I read this story. I couldn't leave this time without telling you how much I loved it. I like all your stories, but this one really is one of your best and thus, imho, by default one of the best on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Fantastic..

I loved this story! I was entirely drawn in to the emotions of the characters and didn't miss a word. Great job!

stray_girlstray_girlalmost 18 years ago
I am moved!

What wonderful, moving and simply lovely story. I could identify with both characters. I felt like I was there feeling what the character's felt. Extremely will done.

dragonflysdreamdragonflysdreamalmost 18 years ago
Touching

Hello Colleen,

You write so beautifully. With so much love and feeling for each of your characters. You take such care to properly lay out a story line. Your stories make me wet and wanting more. With this story and all of your stories I feel like I am there...feeling what they are feeling. I was wondering if you have written a book? Would love to read it if you have....please let me know....

I've felt laughter, lust, submission, hunger and love and so much more...with so much feeling in every word you write.

I simply say thank you....hope to see more....dragonflysdream

dragonflysdreamdragonflysdreamalmost 18 years ago
to "A friend"

Hello A friend,

To "A friend"

OMG. Truly a sad day. I don't know if this email will make it to you. You sent me an email responding to my comments.

I had no idea. How terribly sad. I was so drawn to her because of her writing. She must have been an incredible woman. I was very sad to hear about your loss...

be well...

and thank you for your email.

dragonflysdream

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Amazing.

It truly made me shed tears.

Wonderfully researched, gut-wrenchingly sad, and incredibly articulate tale. The erotic elements only heightened the pleasure of reading it, thank you.

Jolly Good,

-Mishka

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
INCREDIBLE

Fantastic story, heart wrenching, emotionally exhausting, historically accurate and simply divine :)

NobleKorhedronNobleKorhedronover 14 years ago
A++++!! EXCELLENT!!

"Well researched, with a harsh winter war setting; contrasting the tender, innocence of the protaganists. Worthy of Bernard Cornwall." Agreed, but I think you mean Bernard CornWELL!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You are missed CT

I am never disappointed when I start one of your stories, I'm always satisfied when I finish. Hearing of your death has left me sad, yet resolute to read all of your work.

I am working my way down your considerable list of gifts to us all, wherever you are, Thank You.

arachnophile52arachnophile52over 14 years ago
Heart Rending

You have perfectly expressed the tenor of those times as described in historical sources. Your attention to detail is very impressive. (One suggestion: Torturously is incorrect; tortuously is the correct spelling.) You made me care about the characters. Their tenderness, slow and hesitating, was a perfect counter to the brutality all around them.

This is the first story of yours that I've read; I'll certainly read more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amazing.

Simply and purely an amazing story. 10 out of 5 stars.

TheAbsurd_studentTheAbsurd_studentalmost 14 years ago
I am in awe

... once again, Colleen. Your stories captivate me. I'm beyond shocked that this hasn't received more viewings, votes and/or comments. I loved this story and can easily picture both Annika and Danuta. This would make a fantastic film! The whole time I envisioned Annika being Melanie Laurent from Inglorious Basterds - I thought the Blond hair and blue eyes fit perfectly - especially the stern but gentleness of her features fit Annika's character snugly. Danuta would do well with being Rose Byrne from the epic movie Troy. If ever this could become an adapted film it should be those two actresses. They're beautiful and can act beautifully as well. Great story again, Colleen!

IndaoIndaoalmost 14 years ago
Very satisfying

This was a fantastic read. Your storytelling is well-paced, detailed and authoritative, and your characters likable. And, of course, who doesn't want a Russian protectress you can take home? well done!

phfinaphfinaover 13 years ago
It felt as if I were there

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for this story. Your research paid off, because it didn't feel like this story was written now about then, but that it was written then, at that moment, in Poland, with the Germans and Russians and snow and cold all conspiring to kill our dear girls.

I fell in love with your Annika, the Snow Witch. Actually, I'm doing a bit of writing about the Denali sisters, three girls from Slovakia, and I hadn't got the feel of the Slav. I had got their pride, and their strength, but I hadn't got close to their hearts. Your Annika? She was this. She was cold, and hard, and ruthless, and strong, AND she had a heart, too.

Your story left me wanting more of her, actually, it started off with her, and gave her us, her innermost self, but then we shifted to Danuta. Not that I mind, for I love me my sweet little Polish friend who is just so impish and knows exactly what she wants (and gets what she wants, yes, indeed!)

That's your story: two girls, so, so different but so in love and so perfect for each other. I'm glad Annika turned back and saved Danuta, and I'm glad Danuta didn't turn Annika away at the door. Two actions, so easy to dismiss: "Ah, I cannot take on a vagabond now" both girls thought, then stopped, and then did something that saved the helpless girl, and, in turn, saved them.

So, so sweet your story. Thank you for publishing it.

kisses, 'phfina

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
best

what can i say...........best ,,,,best........best......better than the best.........let me read it once again ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
At a loss for words...

Just wauh, you were not kidding when you told it would be dark, but unlike other things I read, where I avert my eyes, this thing as close as it comes to reality, and therefore I had to read on, to really feel what it was like in the war.

Sincerely Karsten69 (pen name across the internet)

CaptainAmericaCCaptainAmericaCalmost 13 years ago
the best yet. bravo!

Colleen,

you are a wonderful story teller and artist at character development. I feel like I know both these women personally. bravo!

you could write professionally. go for it! I want to buy your book.

Jim in Cincinnati

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Great Stuff,

Well researched and well written. Thank you for your efforts.

Regards

~L~ in Texas

RandaKRandaKover 12 years ago
Truly sensational

Honestly this is one of the best short stories I've ever read. Not only are you a great writer, but very accurate and thorough as well. Your characters are real and I could actually see this being published. Perhaps even made into a movie of some sort. You were right about it definitely being a story worth telling. I am a theatre/film major focused on directing and I'm not shitting you when I say this has potential. Keep writing, always. You're magnificent. :)

RunRunRunRunawayRunRunRunRunawayover 12 years ago
Friggin' Amazing

That was a fantastic story. The amount of research you put into it is clear. I really did fall in love with the characters, you genuinely made me care for them. well done.

beyondanyhelpbeyondanyhelpover 12 years ago

This is amazing. a true work of literature. I am overwhelmed by the amount of preparation and effort that must have gone in writing this, and as a delighted reader, I am grateful for your efforts.

The only thing greater than the pleasure offered by a well crafted piece of art, is the surprise of finding one unexpectedly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Awesomesause

This story was awesomesause!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great story

This story is for sure the best one I have seen on this site. I really hope you are working on another much like it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Beautifully written

One of the absolutely best stories I've read. Loved the characters, the setting and the writing itself, and I'd love to see more similar stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Kudos

The story was well written and interesting, but the thing I liked most about it was that you painted some of the Germans in a human light, not just faceless enemies. Areas like the Ukraine did indeed welcome the Wehrmacht as saviors due to Stalin's government starving and mistreating them. Many soldiers of the Wehrmacht thought they had done good as well and generally treated the populace very well. I've seen clips of Ukranians throwing parades and embracing German soldiers. This all changed when the Einsatzgruppen marched in after the regular army's departure. The RA wasn't even aware of this. You did an excellent job mentioning this as well as portraying dissent among normal German soldiers to fanatical superiors. Just like in every other army, there were Germans who fought to get back to their families or even the country itself, not National Socialism. Thank you for breaking off the "faceless enemy" mold and adding this to your story...kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Epic!!

a genuinely loving tale.. just loved the attention to details which made it very interesting and I have re-read the story quite a few times!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A superbly told story you really are magic

There are not many authors who can transport the reader to the Russian/Polish front and make the reader care so much about the characters, on which the story is based. You have such a gentle caring way of telling the story and such loving kindness that you seem able to wrench tears from the hardest amongst us. Thank you for sharing your incredible talent yet again

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Movie!

Someone needs to make a movie out of this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
im with anonymous

Most of Colleen's stories would make amazing movies, especially this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Seriously though, a movie would be great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

After 10 years, still a great read.

MarshallaMarshallaover 6 years ago
Fantastic!

I have studied much of the history of the second World War, the darkness and wreckage that Poland suffered at the hands of both the Nazis and the Russians that began that war, and the suffering and loss of lives, roughly 60 million people by the war's end. And also the will and skill of female Russian snipers.

To have a story of love like this able to be found in all the chaos that war entailed, and found again afterwards was an absolute pleasure to read, even though it's only fiction.

Very descriptively told, and a wonderful read.

Thank you, very much.

5 Stars, and very well earned.

Cassy16Cassy16about 1 year ago

Fantastic love story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Incredible work, as are all of your stories CT. As a retired Marine Corps infantryman, you got it right.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

Avery good story! Descriptive of the environment and hatred encapsulated in that conflagration. Also honest in the way the Poles were treated by both Germany and the Soviets during the war.

A story very well told,

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

War, huh! Good God y'all

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothin'

Say it again

War, huh! Whoa, Lord

What is it good for?

Absolutely nothin'

Listen to me

Humans never got wiser and now we again burning down the planet …. We are guest here and we should be careful with this extraordinary planet

About the tale - great you made it a happy ending tale and the girls living in a most wonderful place after all the destruction and killing

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous