All Comments on 'Cold Steele'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
HOT CASES.....NEW HORIZONS

case closed...checks cashed. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Good Fun

A bit stereotyped but a nice appetizer for a JD Robb book I have on my Kindle...

Woodie, Thanks!

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago
Nice story

A minor comment,

"I kicked the two pistols on the ground in front of me into the gutter. Making sure my weapon was safe, I holstered it."

Glocks do not have a traditional safety, as there is a lever in front of the trigger that acts as a safety until you press on the trigger to shoot. If you meant he ejected a cartridge and left the chamber empty to make it safer, you should have said that.

That said, a nice story, kind of predictable, but well written and I liked the character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
hey sidney

he did not say he put a safety on, only that he made his weapon safe

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Always like a good detective story

Really enjoyed this and wish there were more like it on this website.

The school teacher girlfriend, who doesn't appear to mind a good fight, was an interesting difference, but then so is the doctor in your Rollie Chambers stories. It would be nice if she gets an expanded role in future stories, hoping there will be more.

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago
added

To anon - You don't make a Glock "safe" other than to holster it. The safety device is always in the "safe" position and requires no action. Yes, I agree you could interpret the sentence in several ways, but since the author identified a specific model of Glock as being carried by Mr. Steele.....................?

shaman43shaman43about 12 years ago
Just Great Woodman

A simple but well plotted smoothly written old fashioned enjoyable story. Man you got the Spencer type plot and character down. You certainly could use your Mr. Steele and Abby as Spenser and Susan. Instead of a shrink, like me, Abby is an erudite lit prof. Lots of ways to use that for discussions of philosopht and life. All you need is a Afro-American or massive white boy actor that kicks ass. It was so enjoyable to read. Thanks. A five. More please.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Great Stoty - BUT

Not enough sex, in fact there was no sex at all, so I had to give you a four.

Otherwise it was a damn fine story.

You continually post stories to this (and other) erotic web sites, and yet seem to take pride in the fact that there is no sex in your stories.

So what the fuck is your malfunction?

Do you feel too high and mighty to write porn, or do you just lack the ability? Perhaps you'll do better in the non-erotic category, or just continue to post on the non-erotic sites and leave us old pervs alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Chevy Engines

A 350 chevy engine is a small block not a big block but other than that it was an interesting story.

Now the big block V8 was going to come in handy.

zed0zed0about 12 years ago
Oooops!

Never mind! This was in the non-erotic section! My Bad!

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenabout 12 years ago
WTF

What are you doing here with us hacks

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 12 years ago
Huh?

At first I thought this was a spoof on Mickey Spillane. But soon it appeared the author was serious, or at least trying to be. Maybe he read too many Dashiel Hammitt or Graham Greene novels? If so, he did not learn very well from the masters.

Anyway, this author has done some fine work. This is not one of them. Plot didn't make sense. Characters were too phoney and trite. He never engaged the reader. I'm sorry it was so long. I kept reading just to see how it ended, a poor choice on my part.

TechRaiderTechRaiderabout 12 years ago
you dumb ass stupid people.....

its funny when i see people complain about not enough sex in many fairly well written stories. literature is not about who did what with whoever. you sex crazed people should grow up. accept a story for what it is and not complain when it doesnt fit your narrow minded views.

thanks for the story, woodmanone. keep writing, i enjoy your stories but i really like your westerns.

baconbennybaconbennyabout 12 years ago
What year is the setting?

Good read but I have a niggling little complaint. His rates are $100 a day? He triples the price because he doesn't like Mr. Worth. Is this set in the 50's? The Cardinals were in St. Louis. The Rams were in LA. A PI today would ask at least $1000 a day.

Fighting41Fighting41about 12 years ago
Very Enjoyable

A great story was a pleasure to read will keep an eye out for anymore in the series

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 12 years ago
Good For The Money!

Second Read. Better than the first time. Very enjoyable. Good Tale!

All these armcahair qb's give me a pain in the ass. If you don't like ,don't read it. most of the aasholes can't write a check! But they still wan't to complain abnout chicken shit stuff or the famous "Grammar Errors".

Again Good Tale!

Rob Conner

auhunter04auhunter04almost 12 years ago
well done

had me puzzled for a bit. But that is the sign of a good poker player or author

butch

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngover 10 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more from you.

Thank you for sharing!

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
GREAT READ!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Great start -

Maybe he can end up happy and all that gooey stuff LOL

I like her too - got a thick outer skin - let's hope she has nice tasty middle heh.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketalmost 9 years ago

Excellent, both stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
steele 00

5* comment at the end

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good yarn

As always I continue to think you spin a pretty good yarn. A few more episodes would do some of your loyal readers good, as in our enjoyment of following your stories, Thanks and Thanks again for your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
steele 2nd read

still a 10* story. why do'nt they let me vote?

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

A nice all around story.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
That was fun. -.

Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The 350 cubic inch V8 from Chevrolet...

...is a smallblock.

The smallest bigblock that Chevrolet made is a 400 cubic inch.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

Great story and very enjoyable reading. The only thing I had a problem with with the part where Matt before he went one-on-one with Ralph said he was "Making sure my weapon was safe", Glocks do not have a manual safety but are made safe by taking your finger off the trigger. Otherwise it's ready to fire as soon as you put pressure on the trigger. Clocks are what are called Safe Action” pistols, but they don't have a manual safety.

Glad to see cheating Susan got her ass kicked on down the road.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good one to read, thanks.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story and plot, enjoyable reading...!

linnearlinnear8 months ago

Finally got around to reading this one and it was well worth it.

Anita71Anita714 months ago

good story, well written

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good story, thanks, woodman. I hope you have more Matt Steele stories in your repertoire. I know I’m gonna have a look.

5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2294 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories