All Comments on 'Coma'

by ukresearcher

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
bobstalesbobstalesover 12 years ago
Good story!

I got a kick out of the ending!

hansbwlhansbwlover 12 years ago
Not only good, damned GOOD!

*****

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 12 years ago
twisted

What a twisted little story.....especially the surprise ending. But, now what?

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
nice twist at the end

keep it up.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 12 years ago
Everything good

as a set up. Good writing, good suspense, good detail, nice other characters, (especially Melanie) but it was all a set up and it will be impossible to come to a decision about whether to beat the crap out of Bill, forgive Gloria or even know if she was a cheater the first time. Anyhow, a "5" because of UKResearcher's consistently high quality of work.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Very Good Story

Really well structured. I was afraid of the ending being too heavy, in a way it was a last minute reprieve.... Perhaps he should fail to enter into the original pattern or go looking for Melanie......

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 12 years ago
Well done

and a good read. Nice twist at the end. However, this story begs for continuation, at least for me. Please consider a chapter 2. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Sandbagged by a Semi-Happy Ending From Left Field !

Precise words fail me at this moment. The best analogy that comes to mind is that feeling you have driving down the road and a oncoming car crosses the double line heads directly for you then somehow veers off at last fraction of second. Full marks !

TeasedhubbyTeasedhubbyover 12 years ago
Too Much "Lit", not enough "Erotica"

Well-written, interesting point of view, would have made a good episode on an R-rated version of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" (with the sexual elements implied) although an adjustment would have to be made to the protagonist's condition to accomodate the visual aspect of television. That being said, although this is good "Lit", it's not much in the "Erotica" department.

I come here to read literate EROTICA, not plain ol' literature-with-a-sexual-element in it! The descriptions of what the nurse does for the protagonist hardly makes up for the overall paucity of an erotic tone in this story. On that basis, I only gave it two stars. If this was a "Lit" site, without an emphasis on erotica, I would give it five stars. But I wouldn't be visiting such a site, so ....

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 12 years ago
lovely, just lovely

thanks.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
At least in part, I agree with Teasedhubby.

Also, I agree it is twisted and almost a horror story about a man still alive being harvested for his body parts. That doesn't fit the discription of "Loving wives." Therefore, even though it is creative and well written, I could only rate it 3 stars.

DBarclayDBarclayover 12 years ago

A really enjoyable story with a difference and a twist ...well done

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
my favorite

Of your stories so far. Not as dark, or tortuous, and the wife has at least some redeeming qualities. Thanks for writing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
LULLABY AND GOOD BYE

if you cant respond you are bound to cease. TK U MLJ LV NV

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
is EVERY author from the UK required to be a fucking Idiot?

this is Just vile. Not wonder the UK is 3rd power.

CONSIDER the father 's advice

The son's s father sees his own son lying in coma with has his head cut open for brain swelling which happened because the son came home early and found her fucking the son's Boss... and he ran off so fast in the car that the son may have either TRIED to kill himself or ou of control with rage

and the father says dont throw a good marriage?

LOL... ROTLOL...LOL... ROTFLMAO.... I am laughing so hard I gotta go pee!

tell me dad is that advice still good from the wheel chair ?

katibkatibover 12 years ago
The ending?

Nicely written...but the ending? Rotten, miserable, The story is set up for an emotional explosion, but it never can happen . The reader is left with nothing but the fragments of a dream.

shidaveshidaveover 12 years ago
A sad ending,

A sad ending, but a cleverly conceived story that is very well written.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 12 years ago
5

Liked it, good twist with the dream... But, go shoot Bill.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyover 12 years ago
What a great twist!

I definitely did not see that coming. My quandary is: should I ask ukresearcher to write a follow up or just leave us all hanging? Well written and highly entertaining.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
finally

a uk researcher yarn that didn't make me gag! I liked it. Don't sequal it. The ending is superb and should be left as is. I just hope the protag has the common scense to hire someone to mug Bill before he can make a play for Gloria.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
Great story...

Shitty, zweibeck, commercial ending...but such a wonderful beginning. The author could have gone real dramatic and had the protagonist killed, or a Christmas ending and he recovers.,.either of these scenarios, and the author can give all his characters a proper "burial", redemption, revenge, etc. With this ending...just a smelly fart. Nonetheless, 95%, a terrific, well written and plotted original story. Alas and alack.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 12 years ago
Loved the twist at the end.

I wonder if he will go to the hospital and see if there is a nurce named Melanie?

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23over 12 years ago

I liked the twist. Wonder if he ends up going on the trip and changes the wheels of fate...

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Not my cup of tea

As usual in stories by this author, the male lead character is weak (paralyzed) and can do nothing to interfere with the events (cheating wife and man who is stealing her). Never mind it was all a bad dream, it looks as if it's going to come true. The story was well-written, but there really was no eroticism. A nurse molesting an almost dead individual -- pretty sick and horrible. And of course, it would be impossible because a man in such a coma, on a respirator breathing for him, would certainly have a urinary catheter through his penis. Oral sex on a penis with a catheter? Yuck. Disgusting, not erotic. One star, it's the least I could give.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Since he knows that his wife is a cheating slut, and his boss is the man she is cheating with.

Will he really go on his trip, or will he check to see if what he thinks is going on,and check in on his wife in order to catch them.

After all the dream may have been a premonition of what was going to happen.

Thanks for the read

LBuddGLBuddGover 12 years ago
You got a "TWO" for the possibilities

You had brought the story to a point of great dramatic possibilities, then wimped out at the last moment, taking the EASY non-imaginative route to a quick ending, & then your attempt at humor only added insult to his non-injury.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
not going on that flight

not ever.

MarvinSMarvinSabout 12 years ago
The ending

I know it's not up to me to tell an author how to end his/her story, but boo hoo, I was actually disappointed to have it just be a dream! I would rather he wake up to a nearly full recovery because of Melanie's "help."

extemporeextemporeover 11 years ago
A Spectacular Joke!

The story was well done, artfully covering the conventions of the LW category along

with the fantasies of dirty fourteen year old boys that many of us entertain, and all in the service of setting up the spectacular joke of the ending.

At least it's spectacular if you have a warped sense of humor, which I apparently do, along with a willing suspension of disbelief, which I seemed to have to the very end. Definitely a 5.

skyguy0011skyguy0011over 11 years ago
Terrific

Great story, very well done. I was there with you until nearly the end-didn't expect it to be a dream, but wasn't bothered by that. Kept feeling 'what if it wasn't a dream?' But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

SigintSigintabout 10 years ago
I Call Bullshit

Getting me all invested, hanging on every sentence, only to play the Dallas card?!?!

Bullshit

rjordanrjordanalmost 10 years ago
The ending was a huge disappointment

This began as an incredibly inventive story. Steve's confusion. The one-sided conversations with visitors. The revelations from each. Golden storytelling opportunities missed.

To reduce all that to a mere dream with a rushed unsatisfying ending was very disappointing.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
FLASHBACKS SEEM TO BE THE RAGE

when trying to prove a dream, TK U MLJ LV NV

krosis666krosis666almost 10 years ago
Always a sign of very poor writing

when an author is so out of ideas, or simply will not stand by what he has written, that he resorts to such a weak and over used plot device such as 'It was all a dream'. He may as well have ended with the line; "I'm so unsure of myself as a writer, and have so little confidence in my abilities, that I have to cover myself with this dream crap, in order to protect myself from criticism!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
This author finally shows his inspiration

His leads are always so incredibly passive and clueless that I knew they must have been braindead.

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Would have been better if upon wakening...

he'd kicked Bill's ass. On general principles.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@lsd semi happy ending - NO

SANDBAGGED-YES!!!

Husband knows wife cheated at party

Dream was premonition

Warning!!!

Best he pretend to leave then lie in wait!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Coma?

When I was 16, I fell off some monkey bars at school, hit my head on the floor. I was in a coma for 28 days. The bad part is lying there, family, friends, medical, they all talk like the person lying there is an object. Back in those days, no one knew much about brain waves.

I heard every single word, remember it all. It is amazing what people say and do when they do not think you can hear them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
not everyone appreciates satire....

Yours stories or at least the one's I've read, have been satire which I happen to like for a change. Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates this form of writing and I think it affects your score. I'm giving this one four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Least bad UKR story I've read

Actually liked this one.

***** to encourage others

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Interesting.

Was it a premonition, or just a bad dream? Sad story, but compelling.

chloelovesfurchloelovesfurover 3 years ago
Me - chloe tv - uk

Agree with just words

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

And since i saw the letters UK in your name, we can all guess he'll be cucked while he's gone. He'll come back and find he's "hard" while she tells him how big and hard Bill is, and how he touches her in places he never can, but she loves him, and she and Bill bought a doghouse to put out back for him to live in once Bill moves into the Master bedroom. But she'll still be his loving wife until they grow old and die.

Sound about right? Cuz you UK guys are bigger cucks than Conservatives in the US are. And thats pretty bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

AllEnglishmen are faggots

HighBrowHighBrow6 months ago

C’mon. Sean Connery was no fag. Oh, wait. I think he was a Scot.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy594 months ago

What a waste of time. Either die or coma out of the coma.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous