Concequences

Story Info
Helen has to face up to her actions.
771 words
3.61
21k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note: This probably won't make sense if you haven't read "Hold Me Tight".

--

Helen walked home in the early morning light, tired and aching. She'd gone to Bryan, needing to feel closeness, comfort... Love. And she'd found all of it with him. Sighing, the blonde rummaged around in her bag, looking for her keys, and opened the door to her shared apartment slowly.

The sound of raised voices greeted her, and the young woman shook her head, tiptoeing through the hall and into the smaller bedroom. Throwing her bag down on the bed, she collapsed. Her cheek was starting to hurt now the painkillers the hospital had given her were wearing off, and she stank of stale cigarettes and alcohol. Usually she would shower as soon as she got in, but last night she'd been rather... preoccupied.

"Well if that's how you feel, FUCK OFF!" David's scream dragged Helen from her thoughts, and she stood, walking back out into the hall in time to see a retreating back slamming the front door and David staring in that direction murderously.

"Let me guess, latest squeeze isn't liking the clandestine stuff?" Helen asked her husband softly, twisting her wedding ring slowly around her finger.

"No. Fucking hates it. Man, I wish this wasn't happening." Blue eyes regarded the woman, "What the hell happened to you sugar, you look like shit."

"Gee, thanks Dave." Helen replied frostily. "I got the shit kicked out of me and Bryan had to take me home because you're *supposed* to be away on buisness. Why are you home anyway?"

David groaned, and began walking toward the kitchen and living area. "Because my parents are coming over."

Helen's eyes widened and she chased after David. "No, no way. For starters today is Sunday, you know, my day of rest from *everything*. You're parents *never* come over on a Sunday, they're always wrapped up in church stuff!" Her voice was starting to become a little hysterical. "David, I can't do that today. I feel like crap, I *look* like crap and... I just can't play loving wife today."

A snarl broke out across usually smiling features. "Well you're gonna have to, *sweetheart*." David snapped back. "Because you signed up for this as willingly as I did."

"That's not fair," Helen replied quietly. "Your parents would disown you and cut you off from everything if they found out you were gay. My parents were just happy to see me married off and out of their hair. I don't call that very willing. I have tried to make this work David, I really have, but you having guys here all hours doesn't help! The neighbours think I'm a whore for crying out loud!" Close to tears, Helen turned from her husband.

"You're trying to tell me in the three years we've been married, you've never once 'cheated' on me?"

Celtic eyes met blue. "I have only slept with one person since I married you David. And that was one night when I needed to know I was still sexy, and desirable, and loveable, because someone thought it would be funny to start calling me all sorts of names, then smack the seven bells out of me." Her voice was cold. "I know its pretty much impossible for you to love me, but a little kindness and consideration wouldn't go amiss. Call your parents, tell them I'm sick or something. Hells, tell them the truth, there was some trouble at work and I'm in no state to see them."

"Who." David asked softly.

"I have no idea, the doorstaff kicked him out before I knew what was going on."

"Not who hit you, who the hell have you fucked? Is it anyone my folks know?"

Anger burned through Helen as she looked at her husband properly for the first time in many years. Instead of seeing a friend, someone she grew up with and cared for, she saw a spoilt little boy caught up in a mess of his own making. Silently, the blonde slid off the engagement and wedding rings she wore and set them on one of the kitchen counters.

"It doesn't matter. For the record, no, they don't. I'm leaving David. I can't do this anymore."

"Bitch!" David's voice was hoarse. "What the hell do I tell my folks?"

Something snapped inside Helen, and she walked over to David with anger in her eyes. "Whatever the fuck you like David, this is your own mess! My advice? Grow up!"

With that, the young woman walked out of her home, her marriage and her old life, and began again...