All Comments on 'Condoms and Pantyhose'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 295 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Well, a five, of course

A very fine and very fun story. These carp fishermen sound like a rollicking group. A pity I don't know any. The curse of the angry and impetuous strikes a happy home. It looks bad, so she strikes out. Tsk, Tsk. She does her time, and, of course, Annie stole the show. How could anyone not love and cherish that tiny bundle of love? Your usual excellence. Thank you, Randi.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
LIFE WILL GO ON AND ON.... EVEN AS WE AGE

but those circles become harder to navigate, TK U MLJ LV NV

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 6 years ago
Great

Warm up...great story...read this on the other site last night. I even bought your novels on amazon. Awaiting your upcoming epics.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent , as usual.

Another excellent story. It's nice to know that anytime I click one of your stories, it will be a good read. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You NEED to edit. Also any child young enough to describe going to the toilet as 'go potty' and needs help, doesn't have the language for this:

"We're here for the weekend! Isn't that great? What are we going to do? Mom says we might go to the zoo if I'm a good girl. I'll be a very good girl, I promise. What's that? What are you doing?"

avidfaavidfaover 6 years ago
Great story by one of the best writers

You are certainly in the highest echelon of writers on this site. Your stories are rich, warm, textured and deal interestingly and easily with complex emotions and relationships.

Comments about editing and unrealistic plot points irritate and puzzle me. I was always best in my English classes and knew within 5 minutes I would score 800 on my verbal GRE's, and I was never aware of anyone in any class who was fanatical about grammar and punctuation, or was even very good at it. I have to think little people with little lives try to inflate themselves by judging talented authors harshly.

That said, the one plot point I found entirely unbelievable was the carp fishing. Funny thing is, even without looking it up, I just know that this really exists just as you describe it, but even so, I still find it really hard to believe. Really hard to believe.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyeover 6 years ago
I am confused

Love your writing. But you start the story with "Even after she realized her mistake, her pride dictated Hell would freeze over before she admitted she had done anything to be sorry for." But that is not at all what happens in the story; she is apologetic and admits she is wrong almost immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NON EROTIC

You need a editor plus this should be in non erotic as no lovong wife and no sex.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
No Comstocking with Shades of Grey the qhml1 Plot Pond Allowed . A Page Torn Straight Out of blackrandl Rigged Reconciliation Playbook

Is an author's marital reapprochement running to standstill due to lack of compelling motivations to forgive and forget ? No problem. Insert adorable little moppet who longs for a mommy and daddy to call her very, very own . qhml1 has created another blue collar, saint on earth savant with the chivalry exceeded by only Sir Galahad and fiscal savvy of Warren Buffet's 100 secret bastard sons.

The main character might briefly the fool in love but rest assured vocational victories and swelling bank accounts will cushion the setback. A completely happy ending is assured because a downhome Horatio Alger just can't lose. That's the pablum infused bait his rabid fans will swill happily into their gullet 8 days a week and twice on Sunday church social.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Editing

Great story, but I have to add my voice to those who call out for an editor. This line really jumped out at me:

"She also added she had found anyone worth more than three dates."

Unless I'm totally misreading this, it should have been "she HADN'T found." Yes, I figured out, but it took me out of the story.

If you don't want an editor, at least use a beta reader.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
A very good story and a good read...

A very good story and a good read...I liked it...The story builds up in a good pace...4*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
Q is one of the best. That is a fact.

There were some editing issues, which is not the norm for this talented writer. I have observed over the years that readers will accept reconciliation if the wife suffers for years and the husband is successful without her. I am uncertain what the time line is in this genre and I have no idea what the minimal amount of suffering for the wandering wife is, but there seems to be a point that once reached, reconciliation is okay for many readers. It always helps to toss in a cute kid. I enjoyed this story and will read anything posted by Q.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
4*s

This was a dramatic and very exciting story. Sure any man or woman will use all the means at their disposal to get the spouse of their dreams. Anita had a third opportunity by using Annie. It was predictable but, also true to life. Qhml1 included enough character development and emotional tension to make this a story worth reading.

Gave you 4*s qhml1. I can see the tears in the eyes of the ladies in the house,lol. This did leave me thinking of it as a Romance story instead of LovingWives.

Thank you again for some fine entertainment.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another good one q.

Keep up the good work. Love your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Timeline

So - at the end of the story it is around the year 2040? Phones who could play video - perhaps 2005? So 36 years later must be around 2040. Fun read. Thanks!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A serious story about serious issues

It was interesting watching two immature, insecure, socially inept kids grow up and mature. It wasn't always smooth or pleasant, but it was spectacular.

Annie was an unexpected but nice touch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Go cut bait!

At least you seem to know something about fishin. Too bad it is junk fishing. OK it is reasonable that for a child to catch fish it has to be junk (fishing with bait) fishing. One thing for certain. There is a lot of pleasure watching a child catch fish. Women not so much! I think it might be the head (bathroom) issue. It makes it hard for a mature woman to relax on the water in a small boat. If they had caught gamefish I would have given another star.

xtchrxtchrover 6 years ago
You Made It Work!

I'm not a big fan of reconciliation after cheating is involved. But somehow, you made this work. I was actually rooting for the ex-wife...which is unusual. I think it was the little girl that made it all possible. (Maybe I was rooting for her and not so much for the ex.)

As to the minor mistakes, I retired my red pen long ago and would gladly put up with the few just to be able to read another of your stories.

Thank you for another outstanding story and I am eagerly awaiting the longer ones you are working on.

Again, Thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@go cut bait

For your information, the carp IS the number one fished for species in the world.

Good story, great characters, amazingly sweet little girl, bad editing. Still a five.

You got one hell of a compliment. Lordofdoggydoo didn't like it. Since he's a MM asslicker, that's good. Plus he said this is like a BR1958 story. Doesn't get any better than that for comparison! From a guy that slams dogs, that's high praise. Go sniff some dog turds, shit kicker.

Great story.

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
The giants come out to play!

Great story! Having both QHML1 and JPB on the "latest" page! How sweet is that? Everything in between was pretty dismal, but what the heck, right? Getting a story from Q is pretty special!

@LSD (disrespectfully) Nothing but disrespect to the disrespectful, you supercilious twit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not for me

THanks for the effort, but this is RAAC and I don't like it

When you write a reconciliation story you have to keep in mind that you can't do the cheating something you can't forgive. What she did to him, even being young and stupid, was unforgivable. The shooting was beyond stupid. So, I get they get to be civil with each other after a while, but get together again, no way, at least she did more than just grow older. Sorry, it didn't work for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a bunch of crap!!!

She is a cheater!! Never take a cheater back they always stay cheater!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's funny how kids make life more complicated...

But at the same time can make complicated things so simple. A nice reconciliation story.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
It Must Be Nice to Be Perfect

I always wonder about people who are upset with reconciliation stories. Everyone makes mistakes and even when the errors are foolish, It's still worth spending the time to see if there's a way back. If you assume that the people spent the time to really get to know each other in the first place and their joining is based on something solid then a single mistake is worth working on. In the 50+ years of my romantic life with 3 different women I never had a situation where either I or they cheated (to my knowledge) so I guess I'm talking about something where i don't have any experience, but we made other mistakes and worked them out. Sometimes there was yelling and screaming (never violence) and eventually 2 relationships ended in the divorce courts, but that was because we just fell out of love and had to move on.

Bud and Anita had something solid and didn't talk enough, but they certainly deserved a second shot at being together. Their early mistake meant that they had to keep on their toes, but maybe that's for the good in the long term. You can never care too much or talk too much in a real solid relationship. 5* as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Favorite author 5 stars

You are easily my favorite author! I look forward to everything you wrote. Thanks for another amazing tale!

kage440kage440over 6 years ago
Amazing the people who hate the stories

Why is it, the people liking the reconciliation stories have a Literotica user name and all of the one who hate it and make BTB comments are anonymous. Something to think about.

I enjoy the reconciliation stories. Sometimes BTB stories mean Burn Them Both. Sometimes one has to show mercy if the circumstances warrant it.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 6 years ago
Great story

Life is not always cut and dry. Issues do get resolved and people can find each other again.

We have enough anger in the world.

Fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was a masterpiece,you made my week

I love to see happy endings, people make mistakes at least these two had time to learn and heal ,they were still available after there long divorce and they found a reason to stay and reunite with each other. This author is one of the best .

ejsathomeejsathomeover 6 years ago
Just one word . . .

. . . beautiful. Thank you. For a story like this, ratings are unimportant and more than a bit ridiculous. But . . . 5* easy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I'm anon.....

and I dont mind well constructed recon stories. This is one of those. 5*, and I'm

a BTB guy and have the tshirt.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
RAAC?

First of all, I have an ID, and while not so much BTB any more, more Consequences, I generally need some strong convincing to accept reconciliation, and I found that here.

It certainly wasn't RAAC. Once you get to divorce, you've pretty much eliminated RAAC, IMHO.

Two things made this work for me, in no particular order, that Annie did NOT turn out to be his daughter. When she turned up I saw that coming, was glad that I was wrong. The other was the fact that she wasn't your typical cheater. She wasn't simply looking for some strange, or any of the other usual excuses we see here. She thought that he had cheated. Now, revenge fucks are wrong, she had severe anger management issues, and never gave him a chance to answer her suspicions. For all those reasons he was right to divorce her. She WASN'T, however, a cheater by nature, has shown true contrition for her actions, and has sought help for her other issues leading to the cheating. For these reasons I feel that she deserves a second chance.

I know many here say "once a cheater, always a cheater," and that may be true for some percentage of cheaters, but not all. People who commit crimes aren't held to account for those crimes for the rest of their lives, why should cheaters?

lickitandstickitlickitandstickitover 6 years ago
Good Story

It follows a common theme with this author as I've read quite a few but still not bad. I could almost tell anybody what was coming before each page in one form or another without ever reading it.. I hope that doesn't come across as hateful or trollish. I guess maybe some new ideas are in order, if you're looking for feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

A pleasure to read. Very well done! A 5 is just not enough, but the most I can score it. Thanks

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Another Fine Offering

Thanks, Q. As others have said, predictable -- but quite satisfying! Anita's anger-fueled revenge fuck is a good example of temporary insanity. Glad that she and Bud eventually found their way home, together.

Sorry to read about your family losses this past year, and glad that you're feeling up to writing and sharing again. Looking forward to the longer works to come.

FabGMxFabGMxover 6 years ago
You manage to pull this one...

The beggining was fairly common, husband describing enjoing his married life, a fairly happy marriage, good friends, good job, until the shit hit the fan and the wife screw things for everyone, then comes the drama of the divorce. What you come later make this one stand up about others with the same premise.

Since both Nita & Bud have their share of problems of anger and temper, the broke up was fairly civil even when she resist. While Bud was somewhat responsabile of not give her a full explanation, she certainly jump the gun without a second thought and so a happy couple bite the dust. I personally like the fact that Bud was mature enough to recognize that the divorce messed up him in some ways, even better he actually seek help. Also Nita dont come up as a desperate or delusional woman who never owned her part in the broke up, thats refreshing she admit her share and even better, doesnt beg for forgiveness rigth away, she actually have to grow up as person in the years of separation... also even with the pain of their separation they somewhat remain amicable to each other.

Then the final plot twist was also well executed, yeah Nita was taking a big gamble when she show up with the little one in his door, but even then she was honest in her expectations and present Bud a choice and dont try to force his hand, she knew that this was his desicion alone.

I think we need a new tag this was not a RAAC story, more like GRAT (Good Reconciliation and the End), thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not very inspiring

Pretty much cookie cutter stuff, and cookie dough at rhe same time. It rolled okay, then it moped and meandered. Then, after running into Anita the hot-tempered bitch at lunch I could see where it was going to end up. Just a matter of waiting for it to happen. Mundane reconciliation.

And Alabama does have some white BBQ sauces but is primarily a red/brown sauce state. If you ain't wearing it, you ain't eatin it right.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
5* but

cheating was glossed over and reconcilliation was predictable. too much fishing and not enough story i thought. Not a big reconcilliation fan mainly because i like truly selfish cruel hard faced bitches who tear our heros ego apart and stomp all over his bleeding heart, especially when a clever writer slowly brings our hero back with a well thought out btb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bit Different

This story had a bit of a different twist but still fits into the LW category well. Not an entirely unexpected ending but a well done story. Sometimes goodness does make a story well done.

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ok read

Sooooo much fishing...story could be cut in half.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 6 years ago
Well written

This is why qhml1 is one of my (only have a few) favorite authors.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 6 years ago
Nice and neat

A good tale, well told and given depth and substance with the inclusion of all the fishing, training and bait-making (which some were quick to criticise), making this a highly satisfying read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Qhml1 could submit any 5 pages from Webster

And the sycophants would give him a 5

Wizard1983Wizard1983over 6 years ago
Great Story

I enjoyed the story and it was very believable. I like the way everything came full circle in the end.

Thank you

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 6 years ago
Great story.

But then, I'm a sucker for a nice ending.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 6 years ago
I always look forward to posts from Qmhl1. But

In this case the bait and fish to story ratio was too much bait and fish, not enough story.

And I think this same story line has been posted recently, (wiithin the last year). They break up, she comes back into his life a few years later with a cute little girl and they become a family.

Also (minor quibble), I think by time they are 8 years old, children have progressed beyond the word "pottie".

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Re anon QHML1 could submit

Yeah. And your point is? This is five pages from Webster? Five pages of Webster would better than anything you've ever written, or the daily drooling of the dozens of cuckold authors who post.

Q just happens to have eight of the top 20 stories ever written. How many do your cuck writers have? You would give those cuck writers a five for five pages of transcripts of the Jerry Springer show. What does that make you? Sychophant is too good for you. Suckass seems better.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Molly

I completely forgot to bitch about Molly!

It's all well and good that she and "Brad" have an understanding, but she owed it to Bud to clue him in, if not at the beginning, at least when things started heating up.

Maybe he would have been cool with some hot, no strings sex, but he should have been given the opportunity to make an informed choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Worse to Best!

I have seen it all. I have been in bush wars ,seen people ripped from life . Emotionally and physically destroyed . Un rooted , separated from normal life, Then you get arrogant people who shoot down a fantastic story of a much higher value than their shitty comments. Read the story of reconciliation and love .Had even this fucked up mind , tears in eyes ! If this don't touch u , you get a life and need to look back at your self and enjoy your rotting shitty life. Nobody is always right and perfect! Are you?!

This story is one of those of character of all parties involved . Negative and positive.

Big 5*

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
I enjoyed it.

Yes there was a section or two where you stayed on a set up topic a little long; however you did a solid job of bringing it around. I enjoy feel good endings more than BTB. I liked it.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
Excellent Story

Well developed with youthful mistakes and wild reactions written in a believable fashion. I like the way you developed the story over time to have each character develop into a more mature version of themselves. I rate this a 5* story from one of the best writers on this site,

Thanks

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 6 years ago
I have to say....

I was pretty pissed at bud for his stupidity. He definitely made ot right.

Immature without a doubt. If he had listened he could have seen it was all a mistake and not something he should have left Anita for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Good stuff. I generally lean towards BTB when warranted, and in most other cases, consequences/moving on with someone new. Rare is a story where a reconciliation after cheating doesn't come across as insane to me, but this one works.

The only part I didn't like was Nita's frequent smug smiles while they were working things out. Bitch, you took some sleazy pussyhound from work into your marital bed and your husband saw you do it with his own eyes. You don't get to be smug while he's forgiving you.

That detail aside, the rest was great. The fact that Annie was neither his biological child, nor Nita's, just an innocent little girl coming out of a tragic situation who really needed a loving family, helped smooth the way. If she'd been his, I'd have been way too pissed at Nita's character withholding that info from him for 8 years to accept a reconciliation, and if she was Nita's with some other man, it would certainly have been a major bump in the road.

Thanks for the story. I'm looking forward to those novels you mentioned.

Cog

P.S. People acting like the opinions of anons are somehow worthless, or all identical, is getting about as old as the minority percentage commenting anonymously just to flame the author.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
maybe

I'm a firm maybe on reconciliation with her.

The cheating was a single instance of 'temporary insanity' caused by temper and ignorance and she paid for it.

Where I have the most difficulty is the smug smirks, having been the cause of the break humility would be more appropriate than acting like it was already done and he needed to accept it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks for the story.

Well written and poignant.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
5 Stars

2 immature people who grow up. Well written , but I expected no less.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cute and quaint.

Simple and easy. Maybe too much a set piece. You made the reconciliation kind of simplistic, without much discussion and understanding. She grabbed a gun when she got angry, how is she going to act when she gets angry with the children, or him again? A great and heart warming ending, but they got their too easily and with too much contrivance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reconciliation

One should always have in mind that forgiveness is one the best qualities of mankind

Shakespeare sail best.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven

Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:

It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.

'T is mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Nice job

one of your better tomes, not at the level of Jihad et al, but really good. 5*

I see lots of envy in some of the comments, take it as a compliment. LSD in particular I did not expect his scathing review, dont know what thorn he has in his paw but oh well.

InescuInescuover 6 years ago
Entertaining as always

Besides some minor editing quibbles, it's an excellent read. Thanks for the post.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed this . . . some minor issues, the child's behavior and language (and needs - car seat, for example) seemed to vary between 3 to 7, but usually at the 4 to 5 level, except for her grammatical abilities, which were often seemed fairly advanced, though a younger vocabulary . . . somewhat inconsistent. I think it's tough to write a child. When creating a character like that in the future, you might want to examine and re-examine each appearance in the story. Better still, take some time to observe someone about the age you're trying to depict.

The wrap-up was a bit quick and a trifle confusing for my somewhat slower brain. It's great that they helped out troubled kids. I'm not sure it was necessary to the story, though it did fit in with 'matured' characters. My opinion only, but maybe a slight overuse of the 'smirk' which one often tends to associate with arrogance. It took away just a bit from the personal growth of the characters.

And that was the part I liked best - the growth of the characters. They learned, they took time to make personal changes. They mellowed. They cared more for others. Good stuff. I didn't like either of the two that much in the beginning (though he was okay, I guess). I liked them both a lot by the end. It was quite satisfying to read.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x - Good analysis

Excellent point about why this wasn't a RAAC story, and how there were indeed consequences. Now I might well be accused of often having a different take, and leaning a bit towards RAAC (though I'd prefer RARC - Reasobale Cost). I also like character growth, which was done well here.

My one take on the 'Once a cheater, always a cheater.' - I never took that to mean once a person cheated, they would probably cheat again (though that's not unusual). I always saw it as meaning the label would always follow you. Certain crimes always leave one with that. If a person murders someone, even if the murderer completely repents, and becomes the kindest, most loving person in the world, and never again commits another act of violence, the fact that they'd committed a murder never goes away . . . it can't undone. The label 'murderer' will always be true, because the act will have occurred. 'Cheater' is the same - maybe it only happens once, but it can't be undone. It sticks. It may have nothing to do with the person's current behavior (though in common use it often does). I just saw it as a 'it-can't-be-undone' statement. When seen that way, it is ALWAYS . . . 100% true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
really

who gives a fuck about fishing nowadays?

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlover 6 years ago
Thank you

Triple thank you for rescuing this category. Looking forward to the longer ones you said are coming. Stunning work as per usual.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@c24j

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm afraid I mist disagree with you on your "once a cheater, always a cheater" analysis.

Yes, as with "murderer" it is a label that may stick no matter how much you have reformed. However, as used here in LW, it is used to indicate that once a person has cheated, they WILL cheat again, especially if they are forgiven, because then they supposedly think, "he forgave me once, he'll forgive me again."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Ximand Re: "Not a fan of reconciliation"

"no one is a cheater by nature, they're all cheaters by choice," - So, it's NOT "once a cheater, always a cheater!" If one can CHOOSE to cheat, he/she can also choose NOT to cheat!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really?!

Who doesn't give a fuck about fishing; but where are you going to find a carp pond outside of Asia and why did a rough draft get uploaded?

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Happy ending

Nice story, whether you like fishing or not. As a fly fisherman, I always thought bait was cheating ( making ties that look like food is cheating too, but whatever...). The wife had a fiery temper, and when she re-enters his life she seems all soft and sweet like a saint. People always are on their best behavior when courting. I am glad we didn't get a big dose of "when I tried to think of her in my bed, all I could think of was her riding that guy", which tends to get overplayed in LW stories. Thanks for a high quality contribution; I love reconciliation stories, but I'm sorry you have to weather all the BTB trolls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lovely story, thanks 5*

Nice to see some maturity in the writing and a good reconciliation that was believable. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Temper

If she had talked instead of flying off the handle life would have been so different.

Any way nice interesting story, shame about the spelling mistakes and the typo errors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not fond of the knee jerk reactions they both had, but I can't argue that they were both...

....interesting, mostly likeable and engaging characters.

I don't usually engage so much with a story or the characters in it, as I did this one.

Watch your technical details, "too" vs "to"... you're inconsistent there. I won't quibble about the other minor things. It's tough enough to come up with a worthwhile story, let alone make it grammatically and technically perfect......but we should put at least as much effort into that as we do the story those words and that grammar and technical details convey.

Thank you!

chytownchytownover 6 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 6 years ago
Loved it

Five stars for a fun read.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 6 years ago
nice little story

Five stars. Cant wait for your other stories.

Take care.

ace4869ace4869over 6 years ago
5*****

Excellent tale Q. It's been awhile since I've read a good reconciliation story and this one is among the best. Thank you so much my friend.

Ace

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent, as we expect from this author

until the sappy re-connection. Then it turned positively treacle, so so sweet, such heartwarming sentiments, they will live happily ever after, and in great wealth besides ....such a bird singing flowery ending will boost the score from the geezer crowd

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 6 years ago
Entertaining

But you should read it again after you type it. Too many incomplete sentences, missing words and typos. And please learn when to write "to" and when to write "too".

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoover 6 years ago
Well, slap . . .

. . . my backside and call me a geezer then, because I liked it. I enjoy happy endings and a decent redemption story, too. And there's nothing wrong in my mind with those who have worked hard using their resources to help others.

Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
you are back

Great read please keep it up when time allows

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
UNBELIEVABLE!

First class story! Sad at first but the ending was worth the price of admission.

Thanks! ★★★★★ WOOF

wWhy do I use Penneydog55 That's simple! When I was a Teenager my Dad brought home a pocket size Pooch , I called her Penney and our house number was55

I LOVED THAT DOG!!!!!! I ALSO LOVED MY CHILDHOOD

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It was so real

It almost made me cry. People make mistakes and learn from the to become better people. Life hurts people and they survival the hurt , learn to forgive and become better people. Humans are an amazing species. Thank you for this wonderful story

oatzaboatzabover 6 years ago
RAAC stories contain sanctimonious husbands

The most sanctimonious characters are the husbands of the RAAC stories. The husbands forgive and forget everything in the RAAC stories, I think the husbands got Alcheimer at their 30-45 years old ages in the RAAC stories.

The good reconciliation story contains remorseful and reforming wife or much better an EXWIFE who learned from her mistake and became better person and a husband or EXHUSBAND who has not got Alcheimer but discovers the other reformed herself.

The cheater is always a cheater is 100% true for serial cheaters, but one part of people can reform themself and the good recononcilation stories shows this well.

Many readers do not like StangStar06's humorous reconcilatation story "Forever Gone, Forever You", but the wife chearcter was not serial cheater in that story too..............

DoctimeDoctimeover 6 years ago

Well I have to admit I didn't start to tear until chap. 4. Then I finished the story. Great to see your back in the game. Though I did have RoustWriter on SOL. BTW 5*

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@oatzab 08/24/17

re:

RAAC stories contain sanctimonious husbands

The most sanctimonious characters are the husbands of the RAAC stories. The husbands forgive and forget everything in the RAAC stories,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're more saintly than Jesus and you better recognize!

(The rabbi had some harsh words for adulterers)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great as usual

Thanks for a great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Three Stars

I can't quite get to more than 3 stars on this one. Good enough story, but I am just not feeling the ending.

No doubt that a lot of kids need love and I am all for that...but you surely don't need a hot tempered ex-wife to find a child in need that deserves love and attention. Heck, he could probably visit his local boys or girls club and find 1/2 dozen in a week's time.

So this particular child is essentially an innocent and needy soul she put in his path to get him back.

In all this, it is pretty easy shed a tear and simply over look the fact that her sister made good decisions and ended up dead, while she made bad ones and ends up with the super grand prize of a good, rich man and a great kid.

So while I respect the writer's skills and thank him for the effort, despite the final happily ever after, I struggle to give this particular effort more than a 3 stars.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Three Stars"

Hot tempered? Yes, she WAS hot tempered, but between maturing and counseling it seems to me that that is no longer the case.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story!

I have read a great deal of stories on Literotica, however I find this one touched me as none other has. I was a carp fisherman for years in my younger life and identified with the story. Thanks for writing this! I would sign as a Literotica user but I have long since forgotten what it is.

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
@sbrooks

I would say mine is ONE analysis. I DO realize others see it differently, but I think even for LW, that may be a misinterpretation.

Why? Well for one thing, there are plenty of stories here where a person only cheats once (or only has one affair, and then never again). This also happens in real life.

So, back to the qualifier. A person who cheats once may well cheat again . . . maybe even more often than not. Let's take a worst case scenario and say that's true 98% of the time.

But there's the catch. Even if that incidence were true, it's would still be just 98% of the time . . . whereas the understanding I relayed is true 100% of the time. Thus my belief that the take I'm using is more accurate. Note that the understanding I talked about does not preclude the cheater cheating again, it simply states the label will always be there.

Now as for LW . . . and what LW readers and writers WANT to believe . . . well, as you know by now, that's all over the map, isn't it? It's pretty much what makes this place entertaining, and allows for occasional really nice surprises (like this story), or eerie surprises (like some of Vandemnium's, for example), or sometimes horrible ones . . . all in amidst several routine offerings.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@c24j

I think we're actually more i agreement than it might seem!

First, I DON'T believe in "once a cheater, always a cheater," except, as you say, as a label. I've commented on some reconciliation stories that how is remarrying your cheating ex-wife qualitatively different from marrying a woman who cheated on her lover.

My only point of dispute with you is that HERE in LW, when someone says "once a cheater, always a cheater," whether it be in the story itself, or even more often in the comments, it isn't meant to simply label the woman, but to argue against reconciliation because she will, in all probability, cheat again.

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Reunion

I believe every person and breakup are different. For one she realized she had a problem after breakup and got help. To me it shows wanting to resolve the issue. They never stopped loving one another and the little girl was the glue to repair old wounds. Great read

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Should move on

A shame that it's yet another story where the guy goes back rather than doing the sensible thing and moving on.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
This is not a comment on the quality of the witing

Nor is it a comment at the quality of the plot. One either likes it or not.

This isn't a comment about the fish to 'fish' ratio. If the 'details' engage my interest, my metric tends to let things slide. And a good third of the story about fishing involved his rebound relationships.

Something that rubbed me the wrong way in the WOMAN was exactly as another poster laid out: Anita just shoving her way into his life. Her smug assumptions. The condescending smiles and intrusion into his rituals and lifestyle.

It would have rubbed me the wrong way, even if I wanted them back into my life. SHE broke it, so she should have been way more humble, IMO. But he didn't care and he wanted 'pre-packaged family' because...he was bored? He was horny? He liked cute?

His choice and I am not knocking it from a writing perspective. The writing is just fine. I am speaking solely from a personal appeal POV. I had just gotten my life and rituals back into a working order and now she is back and just decides to jack hammer her way back in? I'd have been a touch more resentful is all I am saying. So either he is a better man or a worse man than me.

And yes, one writing quibble. You described her as 'unrepentant, never apologetic and stubborn to the point of idiocy' and then you broke that premise. So...not a big deal but

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Long winded

I got thru a couple pages and gave up. .....is there actually any sex in this story? Boring and wordy.

canyouread_7canyouread_7over 6 years ago
Just a little nitpicking

Did you get another editor, Q? For some reason the easy slips that aren't present in your other works are in this one. Not that huge of a deal, but it did catch my attention. Things like extra letters on the ends of words... You usually keep it really clean.

Aside from that, I liked it a lot. However, I feel Bud lost some of his "redneckyness" after the second counselling session. Not sure if this was intentional or not. Liked the direction, movement, and characters in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Check your math...and punctuation....and grammar......

I agree with many of the comments about your story. I found it to be a nice story line. It was full of human error, anger, hurt, passion, forgiveness, and reconciliation. True, there was little mention of sex, so it was not that erotic. As one comment stated, it probably should not have been in this category.

You clearly need to have your story(ies) edited. I found too many punctuation errors...improperly placed commas, or no commas at all where they should have been. Also, use proper grammar. "... and me and Billy started helping him.." No, it's not "me and Billy started...," it's "Billy and I started...." I absolutely dislike it when writers or speaker use 'me' when 'I' is appropriate, and vice versa. Poor writing throws me right out of the story.

Also, CHECK YOUR MATH AND TIMELINE! If this happened thirty-six years ago, that would have placed these events prior to 1981. Nobody was walking around, looking at training videos on their cell phones because cell phones were not common at that time. Unless you state otherwise, a reader will presume that you are in the present. So, when you write, "thirty-six years later," I'm reading "thirty-six years ago from today." Keep writing, though! I'll be interested to see what other tales you can come up with. But work on your writing skills, won't you?

c24jc24jover 6 years ago
sbrooks (and others)

I see your point. Pretty much true how most LW commenters use it, I suppose. Of course, for Anita in this story, it probably wouldn't apply.

There were so many good elements here. The child was NOT his (or hers) - thank heavens - but served as a great focus for love from both. Anita DID pay for her stupidity. They both got help, and both grew significantly. It would seem almost a corruption of human understanding for anyone to try and apply the 'once a cheater, always a cheater' tome here.

Almost the only weakness, in my opinion, and it was minor, was some inconsistency in the child's depiction. Good story from qhml1! And I did enjoy your earlier comment about it not really being a RAAC story.

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
You added after your editor

You should know the golden rule by now. Publish the edited version., stop adding spelling mistakes lol. Oh yeh, great little story. With all the sadness through out the USA these days it is nice to have some "Happy" once in awhile. Thanks for sharing

Denny CraneDenny Craneover 6 years ago
"Long winded," the moron says...

Evidently, someone's just looking for spank material, not a real story. There's plenty of crap on Literotica that fits what you're looking for. Don't be a douche and neg a good writer simply because you have a boner that needs attention.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
2nd time thru..

Still a sweet story.⛦⛦⛦⛦⛦

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
PEOPLE THIS STORY IS " GOOD"

No matter how much you rubbish this story the end of the day you will have to agree that it is a good story! So what he took her back! To all the lonely Men who listened to ignorant less informed people telling them to never have anything to do with her !

I hope your bed is warm with memories "fight for her if you love her and to hell with the rest" THANKS FOR SHARING THIS FANTASTIC STORY WITH US!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories