Condoms and Pantyhose

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mommy, come look!"

She dragged her around to the backyard, where she saw an even bigger swing set than the one at the box store. "Look! it's got swings, a clubhouse, a slide everything. Do you like it?"

"It very nice, honey, and it's not even your birthday."

Annie faked sad pretty well, before she looked up and I caught it. A full fledged smirk. Glad for once I wasn't on the end of it, I enjoyed the show.

"Mommy, Daddy said there's a price. I can't have the swing set unless I live here. And since I can't live her without you, you have ot live here too. Here, Daddy said this might help you make up your mind."

She handed her a gaily wrapped box. From where I was hiding I could see the tears in her eyes. Her hands shook as she unwrapped the box and opened it. She let out a little scream when she saw the ring and sagged back until she was sitting in a swing. Annie was fidgeting, she was so excited.

"Well, are you gonna do it? Daddy says we have to live here forever, and I'm going to get some little brothers or sisters. I'm gonna teach them how to fish, and what to do in a garden and all about preschool and then school. It's gonna be so much fun. Well?"

I stepped out from behind the tree. She saw me, smiling as tears streamed down. Then she stood up and her smirk was back.

"I'll think about it, sweetie."

Well she did think about it. Thirty-six years later, three more kids, seven grandchildren and two more on the way, and the jury is still out. One thing we had to learn to do was not panic if we didn't know where the other was. 'Nita got so bad I threatened to take her phone.

"I either trust you or I don't. I've decided I do trust you, so enough with the phone calls already. I'm not a full time Mom, I have to work. So, do what you have too and stop worrying about it before you drive us all crazy."

Yeah, she finally found out what I was worth and quit her job the next day, throwing her birth control pills away. She spent the next two decades shuffling kids everywhere, until the all were out of the nest. Then we shuffled, but it wasn't off to Buffalo. We took cruises, went to warm and exotic places, and cold and exotic places. Satisfied finally, we settled down to a quiet life. We got involved with a group that helps endangered children, and we're the home for kids from new born to late teen, sometimes for months. More than one found themselves with a scholarship to a community college or trade school. The sharpest ones went on to get four year degrees. The wheels came off when I got home one day to see 'Nita looking nervous. I could see a little crown of black curls sticking out behind her.

She finally coaxed her out, holding her to keep her calm. She was four,and had been abused pretty badly. She bore the scars for the rest of her life.

I looked at her with visions of dance recitals, driving lessons, sports events, and dating in my future. "Yes," I said. That was the whole conversation.

*****

Life goes on, the circles just get wider as you get older. Thanks for reading.