Confessions of a Mailgirl Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because it's a hell of a lot of money," Kelly replied. "If they want me to run around naked delivering mail I'll do it for that kind of money."

"And you couldn't have clued me in to some of your thoughts about this earlier?" I asked.

"So you could do what? Freak out about it like you are now? Listen Danica, we're both in this now to the bitter end so you might as well make the best of it. I'm planning on doing whatever they ask for the next two years, save my money, and then tell the company 'fuck you very much' when it's over and walk away. I suggest you do the same."

Kelly then turned back to her movie and put her headphones on leaving me to stew about it on my own.

It took me the rest of the flight and two bottles of wine to make it through all of the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and finally, acceptance. By the time the flight touched down I'd reluctantly accepted my probable fate. The one thing that gave me strength were thoughts of Mariko. If she could make it through everything that she'd been through and still retain her dignity and self-respect then maybe I could do it, too. At least I hoped I could.

A few minutes later I exited the jet bridge into a very uncertain future.