All Comments on 'Confessions of a Mailgirl Ch. 15'

by Seahawk76

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Foretelling...

I love the last line of the story. Just enough foretelling without giving away any of the next chapter and not trying to be a cliffhanger. I can't wait for the next submission. (Pun intended.)

Thomas DrablézienThomas Drablézienover 7 years ago
So glad to see a new Mailgirls story,

It's been a long time, I have missed them.

ShyExposureShyExposureover 7 years ago
Knew it when I stopped reading...

I knew this is where the story was headed so long ago when I stopped reading at a certain point. Based on the last line of the story, it's clear that Danica will be either forced to stay, or choose to stay over what happens. I already made my opinion that she needed to honestly fight back, or get Barbra to back off somehow, but I can clearly see that either won't happen, or she'll enjoy being a naked slave too much. I'll see what happens...

Ltv4646Ltv4646over 7 years ago
Been a long time-nice to see more

It has been a long time since the last one. I have enjoyed all of them and look forward to many more,

dadacdadacover 7 years ago
I read the whole series in two days

I cannot wait for new chapter. Liked some parts hated some other parts but I overally cannot wait for next chapter so please write one quick. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"It's complicated."

This story runs a mile wide and a mile deep. Every current and cross current rings true to life, from the corporate bureaucracy to the legal hairsplitting to the boners in the HR waiting room.

Danica is a wicked interesting character---caught up in such a complicated web, but intelligent, able to see the strands that pull on her and aware that, so far at least, she is still herself despite them. She can see that her penchant for exhibitionism is ruining whatever chance she might have of returning to her pre-mailgirl life, but at the same time she sees that the blandness of that life may not be worth returning to. She knows that Barbara is a potentially lethal adversary, but she is still not altogether convinced that she is not ultimately her match. She is aware that the beauty and intelligence and vitality that Barbara and Anna and Diana see in her is real, even if she is insecure about summoning them up.

I think that she should not ground her philosophy in the colossal wreck of Ozymandias, but in the vision of Lear: that she and her Anna or Diana (or Triana or ...) could live happily and freely as birds in a cage, "living and praying and singing and telling old tales and laughing at gilded butterflies."

What I hope is that Danica becomes her own Mariko---she holds her own against Barbara and subtly, behind the scenes, learns how to neutralize and countermand her power, securing for herself a future of her own choosing (even if it is as a perpetually naked mailgirl) and securing for the women of North America the legitimacy and dignity of mailgirl as a viable career path.

That's the thing, I guess. I can see how one might choose to be submissive in the bedroom, or even in a career. But that is a choice. Barbara is knowledgeable enough to have so far mostly tailored her domination to be palatable to Danica. But still it grates. Danica is smart enough to know that there is a limit, that being an out-and-out slave is not what she really wants. And she is smart enough to figure out what to do.

Go Danica!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSeahawk76@Seahawk76
1207 Followers
I've done a bit of everything in the past including the Ironman triathlon in Hawaii, skydiving, scuba diving, mountain climbing in Alaska and South America, hitchhiking around Australia and New Zealand, working on a king crab boat on Alaska's Bering Sea, and running with the ...