Contracting Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Iwanttotakeyououtwithme." I told him.

He looked at me with confusion again. I looked at Amanda she was laughing at me.

"What?" I asked them both.

"You were blabbering." She replied while he was silent but I can see the happiness in his eyes.

"No I wasn't." I asked blushing.

"You were Meo." She said.

I looked upon him I knew that if I didn't say anything now he will leave soon. So I assembled my courage to talk to him.

"I want to take you out with me. Tomorrow if that's okay with you." I told him closing my eyes waiting for his answer. But when his didn't talk for some time I started getting curious. I opened my eyes to see that he was not there. I looked at Amanda she was also dumbstruck.

"Where did he.." I was cut off by Amanda pointing at the stairs. He went upstairs to his apartment. Why did he go away? Did he didn't want to go out with me? I was feeling disgusted at myself he didn't want to go out with me. He hates me.' Oh c'mon he doesn't wants to go out with you doesn't conclude that he hates you' the voice within me again said. But I was still thinking the same thing. Thought of him hating me was consuming my heart; so without much thinking I went to his apartment and started thumping his door firmly. The door opened and I saw two eyes filled with extreme anger and pain. He came out and closed the door behind him.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" he snapped at me. But I wasn't listening to him; my mind was captured by his eyes which were killing me with their looks. My heart was threatened by them. A tear rolled down my cheeks.

KENT'S POV:

Why did she want to take me out? This question was revolving in my mind again and again. First I had to confront those people whom I hated the most and then I have to guard them because my silly mind told me to protect them and now this. My anger was boiling in my nerves. My thoughts were disrupted by a hard knock on my door, I hinted Rosie to take Amy in her room. I was praying to God to not see them again because if they did I don't know how I will react. I wobblingly opened the door and saw her standing in front of me. My whole body started shuddering with anger and the next thing I know is

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I nearly shouted at her. She was looking in my eyes. I can see the fear in her eyes and then a tear rolled down her cheeks smearing my anger with it. More tears fell down. I reached her and pulled her into me she was trying hard to resist me. I embraced my finger her cheeks to stop those tears from falling. She immediately froze at my action and looked me in the eyes.

MEONA'S POV:

I froze when he touched my cheeks. His finger was sending tingles through my whole body. My tears stopped when I saw in his eyes. There was no trace of anger just pure concern for me. I smiled at him. He looked shocked at my sudden change of mood but I was surprised too it didn't happen to me ever that one person can make me cry and smile so easily with his eyes only.

"Why do you want to take me out?" he asked. I can't tell him the answer so i moved my gaze to Amanda hinting her to help but she was looking at him constantly and this raise a feeling of jealousy in me. For the first time in my life I was feeling jealous moreover from my best friend and much moreover for a complete stranger, but he doesn't seem a stranger to me at all. I never got the feeling that he was a stranger. I never felt this feeling around Chad. What's happening to me around him was a mystery to me that I never wanted to solve.

"Are you listening to me?" he asked making me out of my thoughts.

"Haa.... yes I ummm .... listening to you." I muttered at him.

"So answer my question then." He said. What should I tell to convince him? I was thinking and thinking and then for a moment my mind blacked out.

"I don't' know but you felt to me different than others. At the restaurant you treated us like any other customers, back at the street you waited for us to go for guarding US even when we are completely strangers to you. I haven't seen anybody like this so umm I felt a attraction towards you. I want to know you better that's why" I stopped when my mind started working. What the hell were you saying? I cursed myself 'did I really felt like that' I asked myself. 'Yes, you surely did' came the reply. I was taken aback with my own answer. I wonder at the reaction of Amanda on this but when I felt her gaze on me I chose not to look at her as I knew what will be her reaction. Now there's only one thing I wanted to hear.

KENT'S POV:

I knew that she was telling the truth from that look in her eyes but I don't wanted to trust her because she was one of them. Since the childhood I had learnt to hate them so It was difficult for me to trust her but something in her was making me question myself 'Was I right not to trust her.' I thought on it for sometime; her eyes were telling me to say yes so I coated my hatred for them in my heart and decided to give it a try. I knew that if she acted like one of them then it will be impossible for me to mend myself but an unknown force was making me think that she is worth it. I tried to speak but

"It's alright if you don't want to go." She said looking disappointed. That look made my will to say yes more strong.

"Tomorrow at eight." I said instantly and walk into my apartment not seeing her reaction.

MEONA'S POV:

Did I hear right? Did he really say yes? Did he... my heart beating faster and I started jumping like a child there but I stopped myself when I saw Amanda laughing at me.

"What was that?" she asked me.

"What, he said yes." I replied blushing.

"And you are hopping like rabbit at it." She said with sarcasm.

"I was happy because my plan will work out." A feeling of guilt washed over me when I said this. His sad face came into my mind.' I knew that he will be sad when I will ditch him but I have to do this plus it's not a big deal for him too' I tried to convince myself from this.

She dropped me home and I hushed towards my room. In my bed my all thoughts were occupied by him but I didn't want that to happen so I quickly texted Chad.

'Still angry for 2day'

I waited for his reply.

'nvr babes'

'thank you'

'wanna go on a date 2morrow'

'no busy'

'kay'

'you love me, right?'

'yes, why ask?'

'See'ya. Love you too'

'bye'

'Why'd you asked him if he loves you or not' the voice within me asked.

' I was just asking him nonchalantly' I replied.

'no don't try to fool yourself; you was making sure that you love him.' That voice said.

'no it's nothing like that' I said

'right' I cut it off; now this voice was annoying me. It wasn't like that at all as it was saying.

Next day I was way more thrilled to go out with him. As the time was passing my body was going numb with nervousness. I wasn't able to decide on what should I wear. I knew if I didn't get help then I will be doomed so I instantly grabbed my phone and called for my help.

" Hi! Can you come over now I need your help on something?" I asked her.

She came within minutes raiding my room. Her lips widened in smile on seeing the mess in my room.

"What the hell were you doing?" she asked me.

"Help me I'm confused to what I should wear to my date." I told her not even listening to what she was saying.

"Date." She asked me narrowing her eyebrows. Then I realised what I just said.

"Okay I get it but help me already I'm getting late." I said blushing.

"Awww little baby wants to get ready for her date." she said pouting.

"AMANDA . STOP . IT. NOW." I told her with my cheeks burning in heat.

"Okay let's find you something to wear for your DATE." She said again looking at me. I gave her a killing look folding my arms to my chest. She got it that if she said one more time then she is going to get stroked so she stopped immediately. I got ready in a purple gown. There was one hour remaining till my date when I remembered that I didn't give him my address so I got in my car and reached his apartment. I knocked his door. When he opened I instantly turned my gaze on seeing him shirtless. He closed the door on me. I felt heat burning in my cheeks I have never seen a guy's bare chest not even of Chad. After sometime he opened the door.

"Sorry I didn't know you will come this early." He said.

"I didn't give you my address so i... are you ready to go?" I asked.

"umm I have to get a shower first then I'll be ready." He replied.

"Okay I'll wait in my car then." I said moving towards stairs.

"No. I mean you can wait in here till then." He said caressing his hairs.

'Aww he's nervous to ask you in there, that's so cute.' The voice in me said.

'Shut up he's just being modest

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

He showed me the way in. So he was sure of it. I followed him to his living room; he pointed me to his couch and I sat on it. He went into a room, his room I guess. After a minute I started getting bored when I heard a noise from a room behind me.

"Kenny where are you? I'm scared." That voice trailed off. It must be that little girl from that night. I opened the door and entered. She hugged me hardly. It was dark in her room so she couldn't see who I was. She was crying so I took her in my arms and patted her back. She stopped crying. My hand went to search for the switch. When I did she saw me.

"Who are you?" she asked me wiping her tears. She was so adorable in her fairies night suit.

"I'm Kent's friend." I replied.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"I'm here Amy." His voice came behind me. I moved myself to see him standing there looking at both of us. After a minute that other girl came in. She took Amy in her arms. Kent hinted me going out so I followed him there. He closed the door.

"Thank you." He said.

"For what?" I asked him.

"For what you did back there. She is difficult to stop when she start crying." He replied. Then I realise he was talking about Amy.

"No need to mention. She was crying so that's the least I could do." I said. He didn't say anything. We both went to my car and I drove him to my favourite restaurant. When we entered I can tell that he was nervous. When we sat on our table he was fidgeting. I couldn't bear to see him that uncomfortable so I reached out for his hand. He looked at me when I grabbed his hand. His hand was so soft just like the night when he touched my cheeks. His hand was making me to go into my fantasies but I knew this was no time for that so I hinted him to get up. I took him out and we sat in my car.

"You should have told me if you were uncomfortable there." I asked him driving.

"But I... you were happy back there. Sorry to ruin your mood." He replied innocently. I looked him in the eyes they were gleaming, making hard for me to keep my gaze off them but I was driving so I turned my gaze.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked him nervously. He looked at me in shock. It was an off tradition; a girl asking a boy to go out with her and then asking him the site too but something in him was forcing me to break the rites. He thought for some time and then entered the location in my gps.

"What's there?' I asked him seeing the location. It was near woods.

"You will see for yourself." He replied. I drove to the place. We parked near the woods. I walked with him in the woods. Being a normal girl I should have become worried about his intentions but I didn't. I was just following him like a lost puppy. After some bushes he stopped.

"What is.... hhhhhhheeeeerrrrrrrrrrrree." I almost said astonishing. We were at the edge of a hill. The whole city was clear to my eyes. Even though in dark it was glittering like gold. I looked at him and my world stopped there. He was smiling; for the first time I saw a smile on his lips. We sat there in sand for sometime cherishing the look.

"It is actually better than that place but so you know that we both are hungry." I said to him.

He stood up and went into the wood after some time he came with some fruits. He reached to give me some. I took one and looked at it.

"They are not poisonous right?" I asked him. He didn't replied instead he took one fruit to his mouth to take a bite. I instantly ran to stop him when my feet tripped off a stone and I fell on him. Our chest crushed with each other. I can feel his heart thumping. He closed his eyes. My body filled with dread. They were poisonous. After a moment he closed his eyes.

"You are heavy get off." He said looking at me.

I blushed hard like hell and said " i... I'm not."

"You are choking my breath." He said again. I get off him.

"They can be poisonous." I told him hitting his arm.

"No they are not, at least for the past ten years." He replied.

So he was coming here for that long time. I was in my thoughts when I saw him coming near me; my heart started beating faster, I thought he was going to kiss me but I felt disappointed when his hand reached in my hair pulling out a leaf struck there. We both walked to my car again.

"So where do you want to dinner?" I asked .

"If that's okay with you then we can dinner at my apartment?" he asked me.

I looked at him giving him a questioning look.

"What I can cook okay." He said furiously. His innocence made me laugh at him. The drive to his house was silent. When we reached his apartment he quickly went to his kitchen to made dinner. Meanwhile I thought of seeing that little girl. I entered her room cautiously. They both were sleeping. I reached her and looked at her sleeping face. Sleep added to her innocence and beauty. I brushed her hair with my hand.

"Momma" I nearly choked on her words. She doesn't open her eyes but she was still mumbling something, I thought she was dreaming. I gave a small kiss in her forehead she stopped mumbling on my kiss, after that I leave the room. I went directly to kitchen to Kent.

KENT'S POV:

She was so caring for me. She took me out of that restaurant because she saw me uncomfortable. She also surprised me when instead of getting angry at me she asked me my opinion for the place to go. I took her to my hanging place. I first found that place when I was eleven. That place was the only thing where I could find peace from my fucked up life. She was looking comfortable in that place which I never expected of her. And the most important thing that touched my heart was that she ran to stop me from eating that fruit. She was proving my every opinion of people from his community wrong on her. She was nothing like them. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard some footsteps behind me.

"Umm.. kent can I ask you something?" she asked me.

I nodded my head in response.

"Where are your parents?" she asked. That question brought a lot of memories back in an instant. My mother's face came into my mind; that women that I hated the most. i controlled my emotions to answer her.

"They are dead." I replied. It was truth. My father was actually dead and my so-called mother was a dead person to me too, so this seems truth to me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked that." She said looking guilty.

"It's okay. This doesn't hurt anymore." I lied. No matter how much time passed it will always hurt me. But she didn't deserve to feel guilty so I had to lie.

"What are you cooking?" she asked trying to change the topic. She wasn't very good at it but I was happy she tried. I told her what I was cooking for us. After I finished I served her food and we started eating. She was eating like a pig but a cute pig. She must be very hungry I thought. When I was eating I saw a shadow nearing us. I stood up to see Amy standing near the wall. Meo saw me looking at her. She immediately stood up and reached her pulling her in her arms.

"What's your name baby girl?" she asked her.

"Amy." She replied.

"Aww such a cute name." She said tickling Amy. She laughed on her tickling. I never tried tickling her so I never knew that she is ticklish. The whole time I was looking at them both chatting and laughing on god knows what kind of girly talks but I never mind because Amy was happy around her. She never involved with anybody so easily. Even Rosie had to put up a pile of efforts to befriend her.

"So you want to watch a movie?" Meo asked to Amy snapping me out of my thoughts.

Amy looked at me for my consent I gave her a smile.

"Which one?" I asked her.

"Tangled" they both sang in unison. Girls I tell you.

I put the movie on and we all sat together on the couch. Meo was keeping Amy In her lap. During the movie we heard a snoring coming from Amy's room, definitely it was Rosie. They both laughed at the voice. Meo whispered something in her ear and they both stood up giving a playful smirk. I doubted their intentions so I followed them in the room. Meo whispered something in Rosie's ear and she immediately woke up like a storm.

"Where where." She asked.

We all started laughing at her that's when she realised she got played. Meo and Amy were laughing hard holding their stomach. They were looking like a little family, my family. 'What the...... what am I thinking; she is just here for one night. In some moments she will leave and then your family dream is gone.' I said to myself. Meo gave Amy a high five on their victory.

"You little devil." Rosie snapped at Meo blushingly.

"Sorry" she replied.

"Rosie it was Kenny's idea." Amy said. Her eyes reached me giving me a killing look.

"Amy." I growled at her.

They all started laughing at my face.

"What?" I asked them all.

They didn't reply so I moved to a nearby mirror to see if something's on my face. There was nothing. When I moved a pillow come crashing my face.

"Pillow fight" they all shouted and in a minute that room was changed into a chaos of pillows lying everywhere. When I tried to stop them they all looked at me with a devil smile. I started backing my steps to find a corner to save myself but it was too late. A rain of pillows started on me. I was dodging them with my hands when I tripped and fell on something smooth and my lips were touching something tasty. Silence trapped the room. I opened my eyes to see what's going on. My eyes widened when I saw two eyes looking at me. I quickly get off her.

"Kenny and Meo sitting under a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Amy sang.

I blushed hard looking at the ground. When I looked at Meo I saw her cheeks tomato red. She was still facing the ground. I looked at wall-clock. It was 11:30 of night.

"Umm.... Meo it's too late, you should leave for home." I said.

"Okay." She said hesitatingly avoiding my gaze.

She started walking towards the door when Amy grabbed her hand.

MEONA'S POV:

His lips were so soft when they touched mine. I never have felt like that in my whole life. His lips were like drugs to which I was willing to get addicted.

"Kenny and Meo sitting under a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Amy sang making me blushed hard. I was thinking if Kent felt that connection when we kissed or it was a mistake for him. I can still feel the touch of his lips on me. I wanted to know his reaction but I was afraid of looking at him in the eyes or should I say a fear of rejection was sprouting In my mind.

"Umm.... Meo it's too late, you should leave for home." He trailed off. Coming out of my thoughts I realised that this is time for me to leave but somehow I was looking for a reason to be here for more time. I never knew that my wish will be fulfilled that faster. When I started to walk a hand took hold of mine, I moved to see a cute puppy face persuading me to stay here.

"Please don't go, we can sleep here me, you, Rosie and Kenny. Please." She said yawning

"Amy she must get home. She will feel uncomfortable here." He interrupted looking at me. Doesn't he want me to stay here? Did he really take that kiss as a mistake? My mind started revolving these questions.

Amy started giving me her puppy face. I knew that I'm going to concede it anytime now.