Cordial Relations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I see and have you and they...?" Belle further asked, the full extent of the question not needing to be said.

"Mary Ann and I," Rachel started to answer, pausing to think that this was a discussion she could never imagine having with her own mother. "Mary Ann and I used to, I guess you could call it experimenting, back in high school. We were never really a couple, you know girlfriends not just girlfriends," she added, trying to explain what she really didn't know how to explain.

"Have you ever had a lover?" Belle asked, her use of the word leaving no doubt she wasn't talking about a man.

"Two," Rachel said, surprising herself with her honesty. "One before I met Anthony, and one after. The first one lasted about six months, the second less than six weeks."

"She caught you on the rebound, huh," Belle smiled.

"I can't believe I'm having this discussion," Rachel finally said, adding her earlier thought that she couldn't have imagined having it with her mother, or that Belle didn't seem to be shocked by what she'd already told her.

"Well, I'm not your mother," Belle grinned, "and I don't shock easily."

Belle waited a beat, then went on.

"Have you stopped to consider for a moment, how it was that I knew what kind of club the three of you were coming out of that night?" she asked. "It's not like they have a big neon light outside flashing 'lesbian bar'."

The look on Rachel's face said she hadn't.

"Well, I could say that I knew exactly what the Cherry Pie was because I'm friends with the owner and did a few catering jobs for private parties there," Belle answered. "And if anyone else asked, that's the answer they would've gotten. The truth, however, would be that I knew what kind of place it was long before that, because I'd been there several times as a customer."

It took a moment for the implications of that admission to sink in. Then Rachel asked the obvious question if Belle was also bisexual.

"Actually, I'm more like your friend, Brenda," Belle said without hesitation. "I've never had any interest in men, at least not sexually. Men can be great friends, but I've never felt the need for one in my bed."

"I don't understand," Rachel said, the confusion in her voice quite evident. "You were married, you have a son."

"And that, is a story and a half," Belle said, adding that Rachel should open up that last bottle and sit back to hear a tale, one that didn't involve a fateful trip but a walk down the aisle for two people who were as unlike as could be.

It only took Rachel a minute to open the bottle and fill both glasses, after which Belle began her story.

"I met Stephen Giordano back in high school," she began as she picked up her glass again. "He was a junior and I was a freshman. As I'm sure it still was in your day, the two groups hardly mixed. In our case, it was different, but I'm getting ahead of myself."

"Stephen was the All-American boy back then," she explained. "Top of his class in almost every subject, as well as lettering in both baseball and track. His parents had great dreams for him, among which was setting him up in the family business. Even back then they already owned two garages and were planning a third. Also of prime importance to his grandparents was for him to eventually find a suitable bride and continue the family line. The latter seemed much more important to the family judging from their reaction the first time he brought me home to meet them."

Even though her own family consisted only of her parents and a little brother, Rachel could easily imagine the family structure and priorities Belle described.

"I think Nanna Giordano starting planning our wedding that first night at dinner, never mind that I was barely a teenager and we'd only been on a few dates so far," Belle said. "Still, her persistence paid off and only a few years later we walked down the isle according to plan."

"I don't understand," Rachel interrupted. "If you never liked men, why would you marry one?"

"Well, I said it all went according to plan, but I didn't say exactly whose plan it was, did I?" Belle grinned.

Rachel's face displayed an even more of an 'I don't understand' look.

"You see, there was one aspect of Stephen's life that his family never knew," Belle said. "Dear Stephen was as queer as a three dollar bill."

"Anthony's father was gay?" Rachel said, finding the revelation the biggest surprise in a night of surprises.

"Absolutely," Belle beamed. "He was a cocksucking, fudge packing, member of the fraternity."

"I'm getting confused," Rachel confessed.

"It was really quite simple," Belle continued to explain. "Even as a teenager, I knew I was as queer as he was and somehow we managed to recognize that in each other. We worked out an arrangement between ourselves and all through high school we covered for each other. Neither of our parents ever suspected, seeing only the nice traditional couple that they wanted to see. In fact, we used to double date our respective significant others, going so far as going on vacations together. Of course after the day was done we used to switch partners when no one else could see."

"I've heard about things like that, but I never imagined that they really happened," Rachel commented.

"Getting married seemed the logical next step," Belle said.

"And you had Anthony as part of this plan?"

"No, we would never have had a child just to help the masquerade," Belle stated emphatically. "Our baby was, living proof of the adage that, yes you can get pregnant the very first time."

Belle stopped to catch her breath and have a sip of wine.

"While Stephen and I didn't mean anything to each other sexually, we were always the very best of friends," Belle continued. "Otherwise this never would've worked. There came a night when we got a little drunk celebrating something or another, I forget what it was now, and for some also long forgotten reason, we decided to give it a try. Find out what straight sex was like, if only out of curiosity. Of course, impaired as we were, and the need never having come up before for either of us, birth control never came to mind."

"Anthony was an accident," Rachel noted.

"Yes, as many babies are," Belle admitted, "but that didn't mean we loved him any less."

"Okay, I can understand most of this," Rachel said, "but both you and Anthony have told me that you divorced his father because he was screwing around with a girl in his office."

"And that's what the divorce papers say," Belle confirmed. "That had always been our exit strategy, and with his grandparents now satisfied with an heir apparent, it seemed time to put it into practice. It was far easier for the family to accept that Stephen was a skirt chaser who couldn't keep it in his pants than that he was the kind of man who liked to take it up the ass."

"I never imagined," Rachel said, thinking that her life was hardly as complicated as she thought it was.

"So with the cooperation of a girl that he hired only two months before with the understanding that she was in no way being employed for her office skills, we had our divorce and our individual freedom," Belle said as she brought the story to a close. "We could've never envisioned that tragic car accident that poor Stephen was in only a year later, and after that, it hardly seemed important for anyone else to know what our marriage had really been about."

"Did he have someone who was special to him?" Rachel asked, her curiosity aroused.

"Yes he did," Belle said, an obvious affection in her tone, "there's a picture of the two of them on the bookcase over there."

Curious, Rachel got up and walked over to the bookcase and picked up the framed picture. She was surprised to find that it was their wedding photograph.

"That's Tom Albert," Belle said from over on the couch. "Not only was he the best man at our wedding, but he was the one we used to double date with all through high school."

Rachel's eyes then focused on the maid of honor in the photograph, wondering if she had been the other half of those double dates. That thought was quickly superseded, however by the realization that aside from the dress and hairstyle, the girl in the picture bore a striking resemblance to herself, right down to the short red hair.

"Her name was Lucy Walsh," Belle asked when she saw the recognition in Rachel's eyes, adding as she put the frame down and started back to the couch, "and yes, she was my Mary Ann."

"What happened to her?" the younger woman asked.

"She was like Mary Ann in a number of ways, the most important to the answer being that she found still liked boys as well," Belle explained. "Some girls go off to college and sample lesbianism. In Lucy's case, it was heterosexuality. She met a nice boy, things just seemed to work out and now they have three lovely children, two boys and a girl."

"This is all a lot to take in," Rachel said as she sat back down.

"I know it is," Belle said, "and I hope you're not too overwhelmed by it all."

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm okay," Rachel replied.

"Good, because there's one more thing that I need to tell you," Belle said. "In fact, it's probably the hardest thing to tell you and if I wasn't just a little bit tipsy right now, I don't think I'd even consider saying it."

"After everything else, I can't imagine what that might be," Rachel said, feeling the effects of all that wine herself, "but this does seem to be a night for secrets. So what the hell, let me have it, I doubt anything else could shock me."

"I'm very attracted to you, Rachel," Belle quickly said, as if to hesitate would be to lose her nerve. "I've been attracted to you, as women like us are attracted to each other, from the day Anthony first brought you home to meet me. And it's not solely because you resemble Lucy, although that might've been responsible for the initial infatuation. I never would've said anything while you were with Anthony, but now I can't hold back from at least saying it. Even though I know that nothing will ever come of it."

"Oh my God!" Rachel said, each syllable seemingly taking an eternity to come out of her mouth. She had been wrong; this had been the most stunning disclosure of all.

-=-=-=-

A deafening silence hung in the air as Rachel continued to absorb what had just been said. Belle knew that her revelations had been a shock and a part of her now wished she had never made them. It certainly hadn't been her plan when she invited Rachel over for dinner, but the wine had loosened her inhibitions just enough for her to say what was on her mind. Nevertheless, what was said was said, and her concern now was how Rachel would react to it. Would they ever be able to put the genie back in the bottle and let things go back to the way they were, or would the admission of a sexual attraction to her sunder their friendship?

If Belle had only confessed that she was gay and that her marriage had only been one of convenience, then the awkward moment would've already passed as both were easy enough for Rachel to accept. It was her attraction to her that was giving the redhead pause and not for the reasons Belle might think. It wasn't how Belle saw Rachel that was on the younger woman's mind, but rather the opposite. How did she now see Belle?

Actually, it wasn't so much how she saw her now as revisiting how she had seen her all along. By her own admission, Belle's company had been a good part of the reason she had continued her relationship with Anthony. And the other night, when Brenda had, jokingly or not, alluded to a sexual interest in Belle, Rachel had truthfully felt a tinge of jealousy rather than the outrage she expressed verbally. Searching back her memories of the past two years, she now knew that it had been Belle she was always looking forward to seeing, not Anthony. If they had met at Cherry Pie or some other place where that attraction could've been more honestly expressed, Anthony might never have come into the picture at all.

"Belle, I..." Rachel started to say, and then decided to hell with words. Instead, she propelled herself across the couch and kissed the brunette in a way not usually exhibited by women who had almost been family.

-=-=-=-

Rachel's response was one that Belle had dared not hope for, and as such, the unexpectedness of it took her by surprise. Nevertheless, that lasted only a moment as her body responded almost instinctively, with her conscious mind only a heartbeat behind. Once the reality of her dream took hold, she responded to the soft lips against her own with all the passion she was capable of. Her tongue dancing across Rachel's, probing deep into her mouth.

That first kiss lasted what seemed an eternity, only to be eclipsed by the one that immediately followed. By the third time their lips met, Rachel had taken Belle's hand and placed it against her breast, letting her feel the excitement of her heart. Even though the thin layers of clothing, Belle could feel the warmth of her skin.

Their mouths still interlocked, Rachel reached out and began to unbutton Belle's blouse. Despite having seen the older woman in various stages of undress during shopping trips many times before, this time she knew it was different. This time she looked at her as a desirable woman, one that was now attainable. As more of the brunette's flesh became visible, Rachel found it harder to concentrate on what she was doing. Belle sensed the distraction and found it only increased her own excitement.

Even with the distraction, it didn't take much longer for Rachel to work her way top to bottom. Sliding aside the folds of Belle's shirt, she exposed the large round mounds, now only covered with a white lace bra, the top of which barely covered the edge of her nipples.

Feeling the same fires burning within, Belle reached for Rachel's top, only to have her hand stopped halfway there. With an eager smile, the redhead eased Belle back onto the cushion, her own body following close enough for her to whisper in her ear that she would get her chance soon enough. For now, she just wanted her to lay back and relax.

Maneuvering into a position where her knees could rest between Belle's legs, Rachel leaned even closer and ran her hands down the length of Belle's body, caressing the exposed flesh with outstretched fingers. Her hands met at the underside of her breasts, closing around the ample globes as she squeezed them softly.

"Damn, Brenda was right," Rachel found herself thinking as she looked at the well kept form beneath her, "she does have great tits." It was an observation that she dared not take note of before.

"Mmmmm," Belle moaned softly as she felt the tips of Rachel's fingers rubbing against her nipples, causing them to grow hard against the soft material of her bra.

Rachel leaned in and again kissed Belle softly, a kiss that was returned with equal fervor as the older woman wrapped her arms around the younger and pulled their bodies tight.

Another round of deep, endless kisses followed as their hands roamed at will, taking stock of the delights yet uncovered. The promise of what was to come.

Breaking their embrace, Rachel lifted herself up and, starting at the top, worked her way down her own row of buttons, pausing at each just long enough for Belle to nod in appreciation and encouragement. The plain uniform shirt was casually tossed aside, as was the equally ordinary white bra.

Belle's eyes reflected the smile on her face as she gazed upward at the pair of symmetrical orbs above her. They were perfectly rounded, with only the smallest of nipples to mar their flawlessness. In the months Rachel had been dating her son, Belle had lost track of how many times she had chided herself when she realized that she had been staring at Rachel's beautiful bust. Now there was no need for reproach, only admiration. That, and anticipation.

Unable to miss the eagerness in her dark eyes, Rachel again lowered her body, this time bringing her bare breasts to within an inch of Belle's mouth. The initiation was enthusiastically accepted as Belle reached out with her tongue and caressed the tip of the closest nipple. Then, lifting her head just a bit higher, her lips closed around its totality.

Now it was Rachel's turn to softly moan as Belle drew her deep inside, caressing her flesh with her tongue, massaging her softness with her lips. The enjoyment of a treat long desired was shared by both as Belle duplicated her attentions on Rachel's other breast, then returned to the first as the sensations she produced echoed across the redhead's body.

Finally, Rachel couldn't wait any longer to return the compliment and slipped her hands under the cups of Belle's bra, feeling now the warmth of her flesh against bare skin. The thick, hard nipples of the larger mounds filled the space between her fingers as she squeezed them tightly between.

The clasp of Belle's bra was situated between the two cups and while Rachel was enjoying the mix of hardness and softness, the dark haired woman brought her own hands up and undid the restraint. The once tight material collapsed upon itself, falling loose across the soft flesh and Rachel's fingers.

Moving those fingers ever so slowly, Rachel teasingly exposed what was beneath a little at a time. First one cup fell away, then the other, and finally Belle's breasts lay naked in all their glory.

Twice the size of Rachel's, the broad nipples that pressed against her hands were similar in size and shape to those on a baby bottle. And like a hungry infant, Rachel quickly made use of them in the way nature had intended, the closest of the two disappearing between her lips.

Eagerly she sucked it into her mouth, using a combination of mouth, tongue and teeth to produce a delightful mix of sensations. Wondrous feelings that were the stuff of dreams for Belle.

"Oh baby, you don't know how many times I've imagined this," Belle cried out as she held the back of Rachel's head tight against her mound.

As Rachel had done only a while before, Belle now let her lover take her time and enjoy her mammary delights, content to just lay there and enjoy her attention. She knew that soon enough, Rachel would want to move on to more interesting possibilities.

Belle's prediction proved true enough, but not in its entirety. Rather than give up the bounty of her feast, Rachel chose to include it in her plans. Her generation might call it multi-tasking, but Belle just called it delicious.

Slipping her hands downward, never losing her mouth's contact with Belle's breast, Rachel undid the clasp and buttons of Belle's dark slacks, giving her just enough room to slip her hand inside. Nimble fingers quickly worked their way beneath the elastic of what she would later see were matching lace panties, coming to rest on what even just her sense of touch could tell was a quite hairy mound. The evident dampness excited the redhead as her finger danced across the treasure, gently parting the soft folds to gain access to the even richer reward within.

"Oh God, yes!" Belle cried out as Rachel found the prize she sought, her fingers probing deep inside the woman beneath her.

Their bodies now pressed together, Rachel increased the tempo of her penetrations, causing Belle to quiver and quake under her ministrations. The skill of her touch both pleased and surprised the older woman. Earlier, when she realized that her most secret fantasy was indeed coming true, Belle had assumed she would have to take the initiative. Not even in that fantasy had she imagined how good a lover Rachel would turn out to be, or how good she was capable of making her feel.

"Rachel, I'm going to come!" Belle called out a short time later, surprising herself as much as Rachel.

In response, the redhead shifted her body just enough so that she could reach Belle's lips, bringing her own to meet them in a kiss. All the while, her fingers never missing a beat.