Cotton Candy Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I continue watching as Tina asks him something and he replies, indicating the box, probably asking her to open it. I wish I could hear them but I'm too far away to listen to the conversation. Tina's eyes go big as soon as she opens the box and she jumps into his arms as he takes her into his embrace.

He kisses her forehead before they enter the car and drive away. I stay here, rooted to the ground, stunned and still holding the mobile in my hand. When I'm able to move, I start walking towards my home.

Meg is already asleep and mom is busy in the kitchen but I don't want to talk to her about this incident. I'm not sure what the truth is and I don't want to say anything, depending on my anticipation, when it's about Tina. So I silently slip into my room and try to calm my nerves.

There's no point thinking about the possibilities so I get into my bed. I need some rest but I'm finding it hard to sleep. I try to recall what Tina told me about her parents. They died when she was young but she didn't tell me of any brothers or sisters. I know she has an Uncle and a grandmother and maybe her Uncle's family but I doubt they have a car like this.

He's at least fifteen years older than Tina, too old to be her friend, I'd guess. What about the papers? And the box! Did I see her accepting a proposal from this guy? I'm sure he knew where she was because he was waiting for her.

Is he the reason she asked me to stay put? She looked so happy with him, then what's between us? If I'm just a fling, or experiment, then she wouldn't be trying to be a part of my family, why would she try to be close to mom and Meg? I can't find any answers satisfactory enough.

Suddenly I realize she's happy because of the papers and the jewelry. She's stunningly beautiful and it's not hard for her to have some rich guy wrapped around her finger. She must be using him for the money. She is a gold digger. Jesus, I can't even think about it but I must have noticed this long ago.

She's always at my flat, when she goes to work then? She has expensive clothes and spends a lot. I don't think there's another source of income for her, apart from this and if so, then why?

Is it for me? I know she stole for me, already. Is she doing this so she can give me costly things and a lavish life? I never expected anything from her. Maybe telling her about my past wasn't a good idea after all.

My mind continues to rush back to the incident. I feel jealous of the way she fell into the arms of that guy. I watched them drive away and now I wonder where he took her. To some restaurant? But she already had her dinner with us. Some bar or to his place, I guess. I start sobbing at the possibility of Tina selling herself for money to spend on us. It's too much for me.

CHAPTER 53

I feel like a robot, at work. I'm doing my job but I feel as if all of my energy and emotions are drained out of me. I couldn't sleep last night, not even for a minute. I may have called Mrs. Thompson and told her I'm sick but I don't want to stay back home either.

I know if I sit idle, I won't think about anything except her, so I decide to get busy. It's not much help though, because I'm still drowned in my own thoughts when some guy shows up, with a parcel in his hand, looking for me.

"Hi, I'm Randy, from the Photo shop, and here's the three pictures you had ordered. We're really sorry it took more time than usual but the frame you chose didn't arrive until yesterday," he says.

Any other day, I would've gone gaga over the pictures but, today, I'm too emotionless. I give him a toothy smile.

"Thank you." I say before going to my locker. I return to my counter with my purse and give him a twenty dollar bill, which is enough for the frames and ask him to keep the change before returning back to the locker room with the pictures. I didn't even feel an urge to look at the pictures.

Angie is on her way back from the washroom and she notices the parcel and comes running, she might have guessed that it's a kind of present and she is excited about it.

"Hey, what is it? A present from Tina? Huh" she asks with a smile.

Damn, I don't know why she needs to mention her name, it stings. She's a friend but I'm not sure about telling her about the incident yet, so I pull up a small smile before answering her.

"Not really. It's a few pictures from the trip that I want to get framed for my room."

I don't tell her that I also planned to give one of them to Tina as a reminder of the trip.

"Can I have a look, if you don't mind?" she replies.

I can see how excited she is and I don't think it'll do any harm so I indicate to her to have a look. Within seconds, Angie starts to unwrap the pictures and babbles about how much she likes them but I don't hear a single word because I'm lost in my own thoughts.

"Holy Fuck! Is this actually a Volkswagens Beetle? Where did you find this?"

Angie's voice drags me back to the present as I notice she's looking at the picture of Meg sitting on the bonnet of Tina's car and she looks excited about something. It's the car, I guess.

"It's Tina's, grandma's car. She drives it all of the time," I reply.

"Really? Do you have any other pictures of her car?" Angie asks.

I can't help but smile as I take my mobile from my locker, opening the gallery, and give it to Angie to have a look. I have some pictures of Meg and Tina with the car. She looks at them intently, swiping from one to another, and when she's satisfied she returns it to me and looks amazed by something.

"I can't believe she has a Beetle to drive. Can you please ask her to drive it next time she's here? I want to take some pictures with it too. I can't believe we have a Beetle in our city!"

I'm no expert on cars, I don't even know most of the names. I generally judge them by their looks. I can guess which one is costly by the size, shape and sleek interior but nothing more. I'd guess that car must be old enough to be considered an antique but I'm more amazed by Angie's enthusiastic tone and she looks ready to die for a picture with that car. Angie must have seen the amazement in my eyes as she continues.

"You're not into cars, are you?" she asks.

I shake my head, letting her know I'm not. I never dream about buying one for myself, so what's the point in knowing about them?

"The car you rode in is a vintage Beetle. It's totally rare and maybe only a few left in the whole world. It might look like a cute little old car to others but the vintage value of that car is much more than most of the costliest cars you see around," she adds.

That old car is more costly than most of the recent expensive ones? I'm finding it hard to believe but I can tell that Angie is not joking with me, she sounds serious about what she said, and must be one hundred percent sure about it.

As I recall the incidents, I realize whenever we're together; she always tries to hide her car. If that's really her grandma's car, why would she hide it from others? The day we went to the party, she didn't drive to the mall, not because she's ashamed of it but because she didn't want to be questioned about it in front of me. And now everything is clear to me. Tina isn't doing it for me or for us. She already has the car and I'm sure how she got it.

People say love makes you blind. I am too blind to see that she's a gold digger so I must be in love.

CHAPTER 54

When I come back home with Meg, the first thing I do is search for Tina. It's not that she comes every day and after last night, she may not ever come back, but I still expect Tina to be here at my flat already. After putting Meg to bed for her afternoon nap, I also try to sleep a little.

I'm feeling exhausted due to the fever and the previous sleepless night but I can't close my eyelids because whenever I try, all I can see is her face. It may be better to watch some TV I guess, but mom is there on the couch and I don't want to sit beside her. She might sense something is wrong and I'm not good at hiding things, either.

Now it's almost evening and I start doubting Tina will ever show up again. If my assumptions are correct, she's with some rich guy and with a beautiful ring on her finger. I don't think she'll be coming back...ever and I can't even call her because I don't have any other number to contact her.

Mom is about to take Meg to the park, and they're about to leave, when I hear the doorbell ring and I can't help but run to open it and see Tina's green eyes smiling at me.

"Hey, beautiful!" she says, smiling.

My heart skips a beat. She looks so beautiful and innocent that I forget everything. Meg comes rushing from our room with the particular picture I had framed for her. She wants to give it to Tina all by herself. I see her eyes go big.

"For me?" she asks with amazement.

Meg nods. Unwrapping it quickly, she has a look at the present and her smile becomes wider. Mom leaves, with Meg, for the park. I've never had any issue previously, talking to Tina, but I'm finding it difficult to start a conversation now. There are so many questions that need to be answered, but I don't know how to ask them.

"How're you doing today? Is everything alright?" Tina asks.

She must be concerned about my health, I guess and I start answering.

"Yes, just a little feverish."

I already start doubting I'll ever be able to ask her about it.

"I'm sorry, I lost my mobile yesterday and I don't have the numbers to call you and ask how you've been doing, lately," Tina says.

When she started with 'I'm sorry', I thought she may confess and tell me the truth. I know it may not make me too happy but I'm ready to accept that. But she didn't and I know I need to ask right now, or I may never say it again.

"No, it's here. You were charging it and forgot about it. After you left, I went down to give it back to you, but you seemed busy, so I didn't have a chance to give it to you."

************

Tina

Tina knows she's dead! She know there's nowhere to run, no way can she cover this with another lie. She was so amazed to see him, the papers and the ring, yesterday that she completely forgot there was a great risk involved. Now she felt like cursing him for showing up, unannounced. Olivia must have recognized him and she don't know what to tell her.

************

I see her smile fading; she didn't say anything but the pain in her eyes shatters my heart into thousands of pieces. I wish I could run to her, take her into my embrace and tell her everything is fine but I also know I need to be strong if I'm going to learn the truth.

"Answer me; Tina. What's the relationship between you two?" I ask, again.

I'm trying my best to keep calm but Tina doesn't answer. I can see the plea in her eyes, begging to drop it. She's looking so venerable at the moment that I'm ready to take almost anything as an answer but, to my anxiety, she stays silent.

"Do you love me Tina? Have you ever loved me? Tell me, for God's sake! I need to know the truth!" I snap almost losing it.

"I've loved you since I first laid my eyes on you," Tina answers.

"Then what were you doing with him? And what's about the papers and the box?" I ask.

Tina lowers her head but doesn't answer and it's her silence that's making me angrier.

"Answer me! Now! I can't wait all of my life for your fucking answers!" I snap, losing it completely.

Throwing the photo frame onto the floor, in anger, it breaks into pieces, like my heart. I am angry but I can't even think about hurting her. I feel so helpless, there's nothing I can do other than cry.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I manage to ask while crying my heart out.

I wish she'd take me into her embrace and rub the tears from my eyes. Tell me she loves me and she's sorry and that's all. Instead, Tina stays rooted to her spot, tears flowing from her eyes but she stays silent. I don't know how long I keep crying but finally I'm able to speak again.

"I know I must not push you if you don't want to speak about it, but I can't let it pass, either. You're welcome, whenever you think you are ready, to talk about it. If you have nothing to say, I think you should leave now."

With that, I storm into my room, not waiting for her answer. I'd never thought that, someday, I may have to ask her to leave my home. I know it must've hurt her real bad, but there's no way I can share her with someone. If she loves me, more than him and his money, she'll come back.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but waking up, I find Meg busy doing her homework and mom cooking dinner for us.

Sitting at the table, I can't help looking at the empty fourth chair. I have to accumulate all of my strength to not start crying again. She became such a part of this family in the last few weeks, that now, it looks incomplete without her.

CHAPTER 55

Sunday is no exception, I continue waiting for her. I know she won't call because her mobile is still with me and she doesn't have either the landline or my mobile number. But I'm sure she'll come back to me. It's almost evening and I'm starting to panic. I'm not angry at her anymore, I'm worried. I'm not feeling as sure as I was this morning. I start to doubt she'll ever return to me. I start cursing myself for following her that night. Maybe it'd be better if I didn't know about her affairs; at least, then she'd be with me now. I'm so hopelessly in love with her!

I continue sobbing the whole night after she didn't turn up the whole day. I'm thinking, she must love that guy or his money enough, to let me go, but am I ready to let her go too? I must, but I can't live a single day without seeing her beautiful face. What should I do?

As soon as my shift is over, I storm out of my work and start heading towards my destination. It's Monday afternoon and the streets are busy. I have two small bags in my hand. No, I'm not going to pickup Meg. I told mom to pick her up and I'm heading towards the boutique. I know I have an excuse for my visit, I still have her mobile in my purse, and I can easily say I only want to return it but the truth is, I want to see her. I want to give it another try. I pray she may change her mind and choose me over all other things.

I also have the dress and the other things in the bags. If she doesn't want to be with me, I don't think I should keep them. I'll return them to her. Something that may not goes as smoothly as I'm planning but I need to do this for my own good.

As I approach the boutique, I see the changes. Now it's a retail shop for 'Femina', one of the leading fashion brands and I feel a little uncomfortable entering it. This place has become too costly for a person like me to enter, but it doesn't stop me. As soon as I'm inside, my eyes start searching for her but, she's nowhere to found.

Then I remember she works here as a tailor so she must be in the basement, in the tailoring department. I need to ask someone to call her.

The number of sales girls has increased from two to five and all of them are dressed elegantly. Three of them are already busy with their prospective customers but there are two new girls, who are gossiping. They don't even approach me. I think they know I can't afford one of these dresses and must be here only to have a look. So, eventually, I have to approach one of them.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me if Tina is working, today?" I ask.

"Who's Tina?" she looks surprised.

I recall she told me it's only her friends that call her Tina, maybe she's not that friendly with them and I better try with the full name, instead. Only then, I realize I don't even know her full name! but I know her first name and I try with it.

"Martina. She's a friend of mine and a tailor."

I guess its good enough to make her understand.

"Sorry, but we don't have anyone named Martina in our tailoring department," she answers.

That's much unexpected. I spent my first night with Tina here and she had keys to the boutique. How can she have them if she's not an employee? I think she might have lied to me about her name. Yes, that doesn't surprise me much, since the truth starts to be revealed. I give another try.

"Do you know anyone joining, recently, as a tailor? I guess I might have the name wrong. She's not that tall but very good looking!"

"We only have one tailor. Her name is Cynthia and she's been working here for ages!" the girl replies.

I know Cynthia. She must be as old as Beth. I've seen her a few times when she took measurements or came over to deliver a dress but I'm puzzled. If Tina doesn't work here, then how did she get the key and how could she deliver the dress? I'm curious. I know April knows her so I give a final push.

"Sorry, I may be wrong, but I know April knows her personally. May I talk to her for a minute? It's really important."

"I wish she was here but she's sick and has taken the day off. She must be at her house. If you don't mind, you can tell me and I'll inform her about it when she comes back," the girl offers as much help as possible as she sees the pleading in my eyes.

"I need to return something to her. She forgot her mobile at my place and there's also a dress to return," I answer.

"May I have a look, if you don't mind?" she asks.

I don't think it's going to harm anyone. She's trying her best to help me and if she wants to have a look at the dress, I can't deny her. So I nod and give her the packet that contains the dress. I don't feel shy to show my dress to her. It may not be as costly as the dresses on display here, because it doesn't have a big brand name attached with it; but, I think, it's surely more beautiful than any of the dresses on display.

I love the expression on her face when she takes out the dress. She looks amazed and when she turns it to have a look at the back, I see her eyes nearly pop out of her head. I have to control myself so as not to laugh out loud at her shocked expressions. She looks at me in disbelief and I smile. Though I'm not happy with Tina's lies and betrayals, I still feel proud of her creativity.

The girl is so excited about the dress; she doesn't ask me before running away with it to show the dress to her colleagues. The way they admire the dress fills my heart with joy and I wish Tina could be here, she'd be so happy.

CHAPTER 56

"So, you're the one, huh?" the girl says after she's back from showing the dress to everyone, including some of the customers.

Now I'm starting to panic. What does she mean by 'you're the one'? I'm so sure this dress was made by Tina that I've never thought about other possibilities. She told me she stole some items, or the 'junk' as she called it, from the shop.

Maybe this dress, or the dress material, is also stolen and now they must be thinking I'm the one who stole it. Jesus! What have I done? I should've never shown this dress to anyone from the boutique but now the cat (the dress) is out of the bag and I'm not sure what they're going to do about it. Are the going to call the cops on me?

"I'm sorry but I..." I start but I'm finding it difficult to continue.

I'm not thinking of the proper words. How do I say it and what should I say? The thought of me as a thief, who stole from them, is too much for my pride to take. I'm feeling like cursing, Tina. I'd never want a stolen dress! I can't deny she makes me feel special and happy but the cost I have to pay now is too much.

I'm not sure if they're going to believe me or not. I doubt that I know her real name, I didn't get her address and, if I knew, I'm not sure I'd be able to give it away. Though she lied to me and she might be nothing but a greedy girl who betrayed me, I can't deny that, if she had stolen this dress, she did it for me. I love her too much to put her in some kind of danger. I start cursing myself for loving her so much.