All Comments on 'Counting To Eleven'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitabout 10 years ago
Not really a fan of snakes, but...

loved the realistic submission and hot sex.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Glad You're Back!

I loved, loved, LOVED "A Stringed Instrument", hope this marks an extended return buy you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow - Sex and Snakes, can't beat that

Sexy snakes, wow! I'm slow and was confused as snake names seemed wrong, but copperheads are live bearers, then it hit me it's AU and not US, and it all fit in. Nicely written, the submission part was great, and having the guy come and sing to the class is something a real teacher would think of (if not actually implement). Thank you for making all us biologists feel so much more sexy ;-).

BramblethornBramblethornabout 10 years agoAuthor

Oops, yeah, I was going to mention that Australian copperheads are different to the American variety, but somehow that note didn't make it in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Really liked it

I love your ironic sense of humour.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
broke me up

"...then padded out to the bathroom for a quick shower before leaving. And that's how I found out where Kate kept the crocodile...."

B, hilarious! Congrats for your creativity and excellent writing style.

The hardest part of writing a good story is coming up with worthy ending. I suspect all writers have a large pile of stories they refuse to release because we couldn't think of a good enough ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What about the funnel-web?

I'm not all that keen on dom/sub/pain themes but you are such a good writer that I can get by it. At least Linda and Kate didn't use a funnel-web in their kinky games. I loved "A Stringed Instrument" and this story just confirms your talent. As someone of Irish descent myself, I can just see some arsehole dressing a child in provocative colours to stir things up (was this your imagination or have you borrowed it from real life?). Some nice humorous one-liners (really liked the Late Modern Impoverished Student decor crack) and the story's last line was absolutely brilliant. Bramblethorn (or may I call you Bramble?), you deserve every accolade we can throw at you. Five stars and wish it could be more!

Brian

BramblethornBramblethornover 9 years agoAuthor
No funnelwebs!

Yep, "Bramble" is fine :-)

Snakes are pretty peaceable creatures if you don't pester them or get mistaken for food, but I used to get nightmares about funnel-webs in the bed. The story has a couple of hat-tips to Dr. Struan Sutherland, who developed treatments that make snake and funnelweb bites a lot more survivable than they used to be.

Re. the BDSM: one of the reasons I wrote this story, and indeed some of the bits in Stringed Instrument, is wanting to portray a side of BDSM that I've experienced in RL but is very hard to find in fiction: the idea of it as something that can be affectionate and silly and respectful, and doesn't have to be the defining factor in a relationship.

I made up the orange-clothes incident, but I'm sure somebody out there has done it! My partner has teaching experience and helped me think up ideas for revenge.

Sammael BardSammael Bardabout 9 years ago
Fun to read!

As a reader who adores humour in stories, your story was truly enjoyable. I don't know a lot about snakes, but it was quite a great deal of GK for me. You did a good job on portraying that "paper-masche volcano" project as a tool for revenge. It's believable, 'coz I've been on the receiving end of it more than once. :P

Great writing and hawt sex. This one deserves a *****.

Thanks for sharing.

Bard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

There is so much that is awesome in this story, and that's not even talking about the sex. You just managed to take three pages and somehow create interesting, rounded characters. Linda and Kate feel like *people* in the way that so many characters in these stories don't.

Also, I love your sense of humor. So much.

gracie920101gracie920101over 7 years ago
Nice read

But I'm just not into reptiles! Personally I feel a good snake is a dead snake(sorry).

I do love the care with which you created the dialog between these two. Your sense of humor made me giggle so that my husband looked up from his reading then just shook his head. I may just use eleven! to my advantage as he does so very much love me in pink almost as much as I!

gnome_mangnome_manover 7 years ago
Terrific Story

I really liked this story. Excellent work resulting in believable characters. Funny and sexy - I'm afraid I'm one who doesn't like pain - I live in too much of it on an hour by hour basis - but I could see that different aspect that you were trying to portray in the pain/pleasure play. I was very interested in the snakes, and a little bit put off by the casual treatment of the two venemous ones. I couldn't be that casual around them, and I know that snakes aren't going to attack something that they can't eat if they aren't being threatened. Most critters won't try to tackle something that outweighs them by a factor of a hundred.

But most critters will defend themselves.

Really good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A recent reader to your stories and am looking forward to many more please.

IsaacTolkienIsaacTolkienalmost 5 years ago
Another great story

I think what makes these work for male readers is that women have a certain amount of trust in each other that they don't (and shouldn't) have for men. No hetero sub would just give away her address to a guy she just met and let him spank her that very day, even if she's into that. It's so much more believable, and hotter, coming from lesbians.

I also love the indulgent, almost maternal tone your tops take with the subs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So, here's the thing: I think 2014 me (or whenever I first read your Stringed Instrument story) was a bit of an idiot, because apparently I didn't really check out any of your others stories back then. Which is, on the one hand, a bit of a shame, but on the other hand gives me the opportunity to browse that collection now. Awesome story, this one! I really like your style :)

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

Neat, fun story and a laugh at the end.

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Cute story enjoyed it

FandeborisFandeboris12 months ago

This was a fun story to read. No heavy emotional plot, just good fun.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...