Coworker

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her hair is down and falls in soft waves; the lighting makes it look darker. Her face is slightly flushed and her lips are a natural shade of pink. She is wearing a white and black dress that hugs her body but is still work appropriate. I swallow and look elsewhere. My eyes finally find Brittany. She makes her way towards me when we make eye contact.

"Hey there stranger." She says as she hugs me.

Whereas Emily smells like some delicious dessert, Brittany smells like spring and fresh air. Her smile is genuine and I take hold of her hand when she lets go of me.

"Hey." Part of me knew I was being petty and want Emily to see us together, but another part of me did want to make things work with Brittany. She is sweet and clever and our conversations ranged from anything and everything. Why couldn't the sight of her bring out the hunger in me that Emily did?

"Did you want to grab a beer?" She starts walking towards the bar.

"I actually have to use the bathroom. Can you grab me one?" I make my getaway and rush to the bathroom.

I just have to avoid Emily tonight and everything would be all right. Even if I am still pissed about her conversation with Brittany, making Brittany feel bad, I feel my body gravitate towards her. I just wanted to hold her. Press her tight body to mine and run my hands through her hair. That scared the living shit out of me. Because it didn't feel just sexual anymore. It is now becoming more than just physical. I want to hear her unrestrained laugh and to hear her tangents about this shitty job. I want to be where she is.

I could do this, I assure myself.

******

After an hour I am ready to leave. Emily is the life of the party and is sharing smiles with everyone. She moves around the bar and inserts herself into any conversation. Every group she leaves is charmed, no doubt. She manages to stay away from us and her pointed rejection doesn't sit too well with me. In the past that wouldn't have bothered me but two months of not being around her and suddenly seeing her a short distance away is having an effect on me.

Brittany is heading back from the bathroom with a concerned look on her face. "We need to take Emily home."

I sigh. I knew Emily had more than her share of drinks. I even made sure she did not leave with her car keys in hand but I hoped someone else would be nice enough do the honors.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"In the bathroom" Brittney leads the way and I follow. I just need to get through tonight.

Emily is leaning against the sink looking in the mirror when we walk in. She doesn't look too happy to see me.

"Emily, we'll take you home." Brittany offers.

Emily turns to look at us and scoffs. "So you two are 'we' now?" Her snarky comment doesn't bother me. "Thanks, but no thanks. I am driving home."

I take a deep breath "Emily, that's not safe or smart. Let us take you home."

I can tell she is struggling to keep her balance and look haughty at the same time.

"Like I said, I don't need your help." When she tries to walk by me but she slips. I catch her in my arms.

She looks into my eyes and slightly pouts. Her hazel eyes are accusing, as if I am the bad guy.

"Okay, I'm taking you home." I say quickly. Whatever I think I saw in her eyes is probably just the beer playing tricks. I also do not need any of that to play out in front of Brittany.

I make her stand straight and put and arm around her waist so she's leaning against me. Brittany follows us out the back exit of the bar. No need for others to see Emily like this. Our bosses are gone but people around here will talk the next day.

I open the back door of my car and basically shove her in there before she complains again.

The car ride to Brittany's car is short. She parked a few blocks away.

"Do you need help getting her home?" Brittany asks before stepping out.

I look in my rearview mirror and see Emily lying on her side. Her eyes are closed and her light breathing makes her breast rise and fall evenly. She is sound asleep.

"I think I can manage. Text me when you're home." She gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and runs to her car.

Once alone I realize I don't know where Emily lives. Well this is turning out to be an interesting night.

"Emily?" I try to call and see if she will wake. When I get no response I shake my head and make my way home.

My house it is.

After finding decent parking only a block away from my apartment building I open the back door and look down at Emily. She looks peaceful lying with her hair spread out all over the seats and her face free of any worry lines. I shake one of her shoulders and nudge her up. She sits up and looks around, disoriented.

"Where am I?" When she looks at me her eyes immediately focus. "Jesse?"

I bit my lip to stop me from saying anything. My heart flutters every time I hear her call me that. I wish it wouldn't. I wish she wouldn't. Instead I move in and sit next to her in the back seat.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, gruffly.

She puts her head in both hands and shakes her head. When she doesn't say anything I grab one of her hands and set it on my lap.

"I figured you could spend the night and I can drive you to work tomorrow. I don't work." I offer, trying to use a sweeter tone.

She places her hand back on her face and leans back against the seat.

"Why do you hate me?" That catches me off guard. "I mean, I know I come off a little strong but I don't think that is enough reason to hate me." Her voice sounds small.

My eyebrows rise slightly.

"I don't hate you." I reply, quietly.

"Yes you do. And it sucks." She looks at me with her eyebrows pulled together. Her lips are almost pouting. "That's all I can think about, you know? How you don't like me."

This is the alcohol talking, I remind myself. That doesn't stop my heart from beating out of my chest.

"Jesse I can't stop thinking about you." She sits up and leans in closer so that our noses are almost touching.

I gulp. Her eyes hold me in place. Her breath doesn't smell like alcohol. Even now she doesn't look like she has been drinking. She almost looks sober.

"Kiss me, Jesse." She whispers. Her eyes are begging and I'm taken aback. What is going on? "Show me you don't hate me."

I clear my throat and try to look away.

Her hands make their way to my face and she holds me in place. She leans in and I expected to feel her lips on mine. Instead I feel them on my cheek. And then on my nose, forehead, chin. Her fingers make their way into my hair and she pulls my head back. I moan at the gesture. Her lips make their way to my chin and she begins to nibble a trail down my throat.

I shiver in pleasure.

My phone rings. We both freeze.

******

I catch my breath while it rings a couple more times. I want to let it keep ringing and take Emily in my arms. Kiss her for the rest of the night, the rest of my life. Whoa. I shake my head and turn away to answer. Emily falls back against the seat.

"Hey, did you make it home safe?" It's Brittany.

I look back at Emily who keeps staring at me. I can't make out the look she is giving me. She's upset but there's something else.

"Yeah, how about you?" Do I sound out of breath? I nervously shift the phone to my other ear.

"Yeah," she says, slowly.

I don't say anything else and there is an awkward silence. I feel like this is a great time to let her know Emily is staying at my place tonight but the words can't seem to come out of my mouth. "Well, goodnight. It was nice seeing you tonight." I rush out.

"It was nice seeing you too. Goodnight."

I hang up first.

I can't stop staring at Emily who is staring at me. I wonder what she sees.

"Why didn't you tell her I was with you?" She doesn't sound angry. She is actually pretty calm.

I shrug.

She waits but I don't offer an explanation. She turns her head to the side. Her eyes are looking into mine, searching. Finally she sighs.

"Can you take me to Luke's place?" Her mouth is in a firm line. She crosses her arms and looks away from me.

I want to groan. Why does she want to leave? I want to resume what we started and taste her lips. I am almost tempted to do just that, but I am too much of a coward. Instead I sigh and make my way to the driver's seat. A part of me is relieved she's not staying the night. An even bigger part is disappointed.

She gives me directions to his place. He doesn't live too far from me. I keep looking at her through the mirror. Her eyes are on her phone or out the window. Just once our eyes meet at a red light. She blushes a little and looks away.

When we get to Luke's place he's outside waiting for her. He approaches the car and I get out. There are a million other things I would rather do than meet the famous Luke but I have to make sure she is good to walk. When I reach in to grab her hand she moves away and gets out of the car perfectly fine. Almost like she hadn't had a drink all night.

"Hey Emily, is everything fine?" Luke says behind me. She nods and looks between us awkwardly.

I nod a hello to him and he responds the same.

"Do you think I can stay the night?" Her voice sounds small and I suddenly realize there is something off about the way they're interacting. There are no hugs or kisses or looks of concerned boyfriend. He almost looks like he would rather be anywhere else too. I almost want to put myself between them and protect her. From what? I do not know.

"I thought we were done with this Emily? You can't just break up with me one day and show up on my doorstep the next." He sounds hurt.

She shifts uncomfortably.

I reach for her hand before I can stop myself. It feels warm and soft. I look at her hazel eyes; they are darker shade of green under the streetlight.

I squeeze her hand.

"You can stay with me tonight." I try not to feel self conscious about the way Luke stares at me.

Suddenly Emily pulls her hand back and starts to cry. It starts out as little sniffles but then tears start to stream down her face and she eventually hiccups.

I feel my eyes widen. Before I can swoop in and hug her Luke takes her in his arms and she returns the favor. He looks at me and takes a deep breath.

"I got it from here." He leads her back to his place and I am left standing there like an idiot. I want to rip her from his hands but he is who should be comforting her. Even if they are broken up, he probably knows what is truly wrong with her. Tonight did not go as planned.

I feel exhausted.

******

Brittany decides to come over the next day after work.

We order Chinese food and sit in front of the TV. She notices my mind is elsewhere and eventually decides to pry. I must be really out of it if she has to call me out on it.

"I'm sorry," I try to think of any excuse as to why but I can't. I keep reaching for my phone but hesitate at the last second.

Is she okay? Why was she crying? Did he comfort her? Did she sleep with him? I stopped myself again.

"I think we need to talk." I look at Brittany.

I have to come clean. There is no more denying it. I want Emily. And based on last night in the back seat of my car, she wants me too. But then why did she stay with her boyfriend? I push my food aside.

Brittany gives me a sad smile. "I was wondering when we could have this conversation." I look her confused. She rolls her eyes. "Oh come on, I know you like Emily."

My mouth dries up but I don't deny it. "Am I that obvious?"

She laughs a little then shakes her head. "You fooled me at first. But the way you look at her. You look at her as if she's the center of your universe."

Because she is, I want to say. But I don't want to hurt Brittany's feelings anymore than I already am.

"I always get involved with people who are unavailable." She laughs again. "Thought you would break my streak." Her blue eyes watch my reaction.

"I'm so sorry." I say, lamely. I wish I could like Brittany, forget about Emily and all of it. But I would feel incomplete. Call it an obsession; I just can't imagine my world without Emily.

"Don't be sorry. I actually think you guys are good for each other. She brings you out of your shell. And she has really turned into a better person because of you."

When I look surprised she continues.

"She is more considerate of others at our store. After that snarky comment she made to me about you finding her more attractive, she apologized and turned over a new leaf. She's more conscious about her selling strategies. She really cares about customers now and she is more reserved. I know you might think she changed all on her own but my guess is she did it because of you."

I felt my heart melting. Could this be true? Oh, how badly I want this to be true! My Emily doing nice things and- I scoff. My Emily? Well, I did like the sound of it.

"Oh, I am so stupid" I huff and sit back. "I took her to her boyfriend's place last night."

"You mean ex?" Brittany sounds hopeful.

I shake my head. "I mean they probably got back together last night."

We sit there in silence. Me processing everything Brittany said and Brittany probably wishing we had a better chance.

"I am really sorry." I try one more time. "I really did wish it could have worked out between us."

She put her hands up to stop my apologies. "Trust me it's okay. I am just glad I made a good friend."

I get up and walk around to hug her. She is being nicer than I deserved.

"What now?" She asks after a while. I pull back and shrug. "You want to go out for a drink?"

She smiles. "I'd like that. Let's have a pity party."

******

We sit at the bar and order three rounds of beer before I start to feel my cheeks flush. Good thing the bar was a couple of blocks from my place and we could walk back.

Brittany is in the middle of telling me a funny story that has us both gasping for air when she suddenly stops and her mouth pops open. I look at her line of view and see Emily walking in through the front doors with her boyfriend right behind her.

I cough up my drink and feel Brittany pat my back. Emily looks gorgeous. Her hair is up in a messy bun and small strands frame her face. Her makeup is light but her lips are a crimson red. They look full and kissable. She is wearing a tight red dress. It has a low neckline. The thread of the dress is so thin that I can see the outline of her bra. Her gold pumps make her stand straight and her breast stand out for attention.

"Pick up your jaw." Brittany says teasingly. I stop coughing but quickly turn my back away from the couple. "Not gonna lie, she is every person's walking fantasy."

"We have to get out of here." I sound like I am about to panic. Why was she here? And with him? I guess that confirmed what happened last night.

"I think we should have another round." Brittany is getting a kick out of this. When I give her a look she puts her hands up in surrender. "Fine, I'll get the check." She motions to our bartender. I try not to look back. I have barely had enough time to register my conversation with Brittany earlier. I did not expect to have to deal with anything involving Emily so soon.

"They're coming!" Brittney whispers. Her hand goes up to wave them over. I take the last gulp of my beer.

"Hey guys!" Brittany says a little too enthusiastically.

I turn to look at them when I feel them close. Emily's eyes intensely meet mine then turn to look at Brittany. We exchange names and greetings with Luke.

"Jessica?" He looks at me weird when I shake his hand and introduce myself.

"Yeah, I was the one who dropped Emily at your place last night." I look at her but she is focused on her phone.

"Oh, I know who you are." Luke says. He takes a good look at me and I feel like he is in on a secret. Before I can ask him to elaborate I notice Emily shifts uncomfortably. I want to take her in my arms and burry my nose in her neck.

"Hey can we talk?" I ask her. She seems surprised by the request but nods.

I get up and offer my seat to Luke. The bar is pretty full so there are no other seats available.

I look at Brittany. "I'll be right back." Then I turn to Luke "We were about to leave anyways. This will be quick."

I follow Emily towards the front doors. Once outside she walks to a nearby alley.

"Sorry to interrupt your date." Her tone is off. She doesn't sound as snarky as she usually is. Instead of malice there is defeat.

"It is not a date." I explain.

She leans against the wall and crosses her arms in front of her. She's guarded. "Then why are here you with her?" Her lips are pouting. I step close to her and feel the blood rushing to my head. Those lips.

"Why are you here with him?" I hear myself ask. The beers are helping me say what I really want to.

Emily bites her bottom lip and looks at me wearily. Is she nervous? That makes me smile a little. Emily nervous?

"We're just friends." she finally says. Her teeth still gnaw at her bottom lip. I take a step closer and can see her chest rising and falling at a quicker speed.

"Brittney is just my friend." I state, serious.

Her hazel eyes bore into mine. This is the first time I notice tiny specks of gold in them. She seems to be looking for something in me. My hands lightly make their way to hers. I untangle her arms and place them at her side.

"She's actually rooting for us." I smirk.

Emily rubs her fingers together. She leans her head back and rests it against the wall. There is hope in her eyes. I smirk at that too. This goddess that I have been obsessing over for the better part of this year might just want me too. She is just as nervous about rejection as I am. Her breath is speeding up just like mine is. She wants this.

My hands trail up her arms lightly brushing her curves and rest on each side of her shoulders. I brush my thumbs against her collarbone. Her eyes flutter shut and her mouth opens into a small 'o'. I lean my head in and rest my cheek against her. I press my lips under her ear.

"It's always been you." I whisper quietly.

She shivers. Her sweet scent of brown sugar makes me want to eat her up. I place a kiss under her chin and then I go in and kiss her neck. My tongue sneaks out and tastes her. She moans.

"I'm yours, Jesse." She sounds desperate.

My heart flutters. Is this real? She's giving herself up to me. Here in this sketchy alley while both of our exes make small talk just behind this wall that she is leaning against.

I pull back to look at her again. She eyes slowly open and they take me in. Her hooded lids tell me all that I need to know. I lean in and devour her mouth, just like I have always dreamed of. My tongue dominates hers. She moans again and I groan. Her hands pull my hips until they align with hers. Our bodies are as close as they can physically get but still not close enough for me. I turn my head and kiss her deeper. She tastes sweet. Her scent is intoxicating.

I feel myself getting light headed. My hands have pulled the hair tie off her head and her hair tumbles on each side of her head. My fingers dig into her scalp. She nibbles on my bottom lip. I hiss and pull back. My eyelids feel heavy. Her cheeks are flushed, her red lipstick smeared all around her lips. What a lovely sight.

"Let's get out of here." I say.

She nods without hesitation.

******

After a quick text to Brittany, Emily and I walk back to my place. Her hand finds mine halfway through our walk and I pick up the pace. People walking by stare at her and I can't blame them. She looks like a runway model and the lipstick is still smeared all over her mouth. She is a sexy sight to see.

We finally make it to my apartment building and run up the stair to the second floor. I take a deep breath before opening the door. The place is nice and tidy, only because I cleaned earlier before Brittany came over.

I step aside and let Emily get by.