All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment: The Prequel Ch. 01'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
Stultifying, Glacial Pace at First , But by Narrative's End , Global Warming was In Stereoscopic Effect

Jimmy is savant in courtroom where being able to manipulate and distort impressions of wicked world is paramount , but a semi-autistic naif outside of granite pilloried buildings ? That's hard to swallow. Regardless of that fact I'm enjoying and intrigued by the vast scope of stage that RichardGerald intends for this theater to play out.

There are elements of Robert Kardashian's first marriage coming into play where talented , driven attorney awakens by degrees fact his highsociety wife has a bit of Rambling Rose in her makeup at play here. RG's ear for narrative flow excels as always. Cognitive credibility bridges are grudgingly built to enjoy drama that is just beginning to build like nascent Stage 5 hurricane.making for imminent and tumultuous landfall.

Full marks *****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Nah

Given my disappointment with "Crime & Punishment" as well as many other RG stories, I think I'll take a pass here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One star for the author of Another Love and other assorted vileness

Always one star.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 6 years ago
@ LordSlamdawgg 10/19/17

re:

granite pilloried buildings

--------------------------------------------

You don't know the difference between pillar and pillory?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What an unwelcome surprise

RichardGerald comes over pollute novels. Maybe you should go back to loving wives where your crotch polishers like the dog person can find you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was just bad

Two pages and I couldn't finish it was so boring. You should try bowling or golf

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Nice Breakpoint

What comes after, would be that he knows that he got off a guilty murderer but how this develops should be interesting.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
nice hanging us over the cliff

What comes after this will be that he knows that he got a guilty man off, but should be interesting.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Wow - this Literotica crowd

No wonder the good writers leave. Did you people read RG’s opening comments? LONG STORY! Talk about the age of instant gratification. Jeez, if you can’t tell the story in a tweet, don’t bother?

I like the flash stories like ”The Bridge” (one of my favorites) as much as the next guy, but I love settling into a long, well written story with multiple plot lines and many varied and complex characters. (“Katie Gets Her Man”, again one of my favorites)

Please keep going. If this develops like the rest of your stories, I can’t wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the worst writers around

Better go back to where you came from. Real writers post here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Amazing

You broke at the best point I have ever seen gr8!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Original C&P one of the best stories here.

Look forward to more of the "Prequel"

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great beginning

I re-read the original Crime and Punishment since it had been a while since it came out. The end of this chapter piqued my interest to see where RG goes with this story.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great Start

Richard Gerald is one of the best writers on Lit today. Sex with a real plot. Great character development. Doesn't get better than that!

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Horrible start

RichardGerald is one of the worst writers on literotica today. Perversion with a nasty twist. Everything he touches is shit. Doesn't get any worse than that.

Anon.2

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
The first shall be last

Interesting to find a prequel this long after the fact

Thanks

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
IF THIS HOLDS TRUE TO NORM

that little bit of knowledge becomes toxic, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
The void left when I withdraw my fist from a bucket of water ...

approximates the same area left vacant by the redoubtable, self-appointed resident probability and moral compass expert sbrooks103 ( never or rarely is concerned by actual craftsmanship of language, structure or narrative flow ) checks in to announce he is taking a commentary knee and boycotting RG for past stories offending his Babbitt - esque ( a reference, I'd wager a week's pay escapes him ) sensibility.

@2crows so you caught me out cc pilloried and pillars mishmash . That will happen when writing in wee small hours of night, sans caffeine. Have a cookie . No props for other multiple metaphors used in semblance of competence? It's just a game I play , my plainspeak friend. Relaaaxxx .

I try to add an edge of parody and flair to these reviews like Lindsay Vonn attacks consecutive downhill moguls, like Aaron Rodgers lofts a last second Hail Mary pass under duress from multiple defensive ends. Mishaps will occur inevitably. Lindsay will blow out a knee . AR has fractured clavicle . My sole comeuppance is to endure " gotchas" from twits and mouthbreathers.

Relaxxxx, take a deep breath. It's only a Literotica comment forum where by my lights, style should vie neck and neck with substance . Shit might well ensue ( yet I like it ) .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Totally justifiable for someone to boycott his stories

Considering how RG usually ends his stories (Another Love, Crime & Punishment and even On the Lam). They were all great stories until the ending came in and kind of.. I don't know. I actually respect sbrooks a lot for making a cool alt story to RG's horrible ending to Another Love.

Looking forward to reading this. I always wanted a back story on Steven and Susan. Don't really need to worry about the ending here because we all know what happens after since this is a Prequel.

imanononeimanononeover 6 years ago
Continually disappointed

This is a free site. No one forces any person to read a story. Some writers such as R G are literate and put a great deal of time and effort into their work. Why some feel it is appropriate to attack a writer because the story they write is not to their liking is beyond me. Personally, I choose not to write negative things (or at least personal attacks) since I realize that the writer is providing a free service and we are lucky to have people willing to do so. I am afraid the attacks made on some writers by the commentariat have driven some of the best writers off this site.

anon.1

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@LSD

I've been struggling with whether to reply to your comment, decided I'd give it a shot.

First, good thing for you we're not really betting. While I never read Lewis's novel, I AM familiar with the reference.

Second, while I certainly have my own morality, and it DOES color how I view most stories, if I seem to be dictating how anyone else should think, I truly apologize.

Third, I DO appreciate well-written stories, and part of my frustration with RG is to be reading one of his well-crafted stories only to have him pull the rug out from under me.

Please note that I am NOT talking about surprises. Few want stories where the ending can be seen from a mile away. I am talking about stories where the protagonist undergoes a character transplant, I presume to allow for a predetermined outcome.

I won't rehash my particular issues here, anyone who cares either knows, or can find out, my views on several of RG's stories.

Please note also, that I am NOT boycotting RG's stories, I am simply passing on THIS story as it is a prequel to a story that I didn't care for, so it felt like an exercise in futility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

usual shit from another WIMPY FAG "author".

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Got zero problem with RG's return - hell, I WELCOME IT!

Because I've read (and sometimes, re-read) all of the stories Mr RG left on this perveted website, I think I can state the following with complete confidence: Richard Gerald is one of the finest authors on LIT... right until the moment he feels the need to write sequels for one of his tales of infidelity.

We all know the pattern by now, don't we: we're introduced to hapless saps who are generally married to stunning looking, completely depraved nymphomaniacs who rarely got scrupules about cheating on their husbands, usually because of the LOVE they have for them (those women always LOVE their men... just not enough to stop cuckolding them), and their unrelenting need to get as much strange on the side as possible (why not, since it's only sex, not LOVE?); eventually, though, the saps grow some balls, get back their manhoods, ditch the sluts by the wayside and move on to a LOVEless, but more self-respecting life. Oh, and all thes dramas are somehow occuring around or in Albany, if not in the Big Apple.

So far, so good, right? No willing cuck nonsense to lose your mind over, amirite Anons? Hell, some of those standalone tales are simply amazing - "The Bridge", even with its truly problematic last sentences, is one fine read; "A Slow Dance" is the type of BTBastard story we simply do not have enough around here; "Her Itch" is a great example of how a man can lose his self-respect because of love, and how he managed to regain it; and "Jail Breaking" is simply epic in its epicness - after reading it, you just know David Landon is really the type of guy you would love to have a beer with; hell, even the first chapter of "Another Love" is highly rated! This writer seems to always start out of the gate faster than Usain Bolt on steroids!

However, the problems starts - and this is my own personal opinion about it, based on everything I've learned about RG over the years... they start when the author seems to have take the time to read comments left by his readers. Now, your guesses as to what exactly triggered him so much about said comments (the readers' usual complete support of the wronged male characters; their general scorching of the cheating wifes; their gleefulness over the cuckold's well planed BTB schemes...) is as good as mine, but, regardless of what they are, it always makes Mr Gerald take the following steps, if he can come up with a follow-up to his story:

• Find ways to apologize for the wife's sordid behaviors, and turn her into a victim, if possible;

• Take the husband a couple of pegs down, and try to make him look as bad as his woman, if humanly possible, given the circumstances;

• And, of course... RECONCILLIATION AT ALL EFFING COST.

Barely exasgerating here - hell, you've all saw it. That's the reason why the "Another Love" series is so goddamn despised by so many; that's why everyone and their mothers recommended, if you loved "Jail Breaking", to avoid "On the Lam" LIKE THE PLAGUE (seriously, and this needs to be pointed out again and again: the Mike Landon who fled his backstabbing family for a better life would NEVER become the one who's back with his wife, awaiting the birth of his bastard child with another woman... not in a million years!); that's why a bad aftertaste remains after finishing "Crime & Punishment", even though you're fine with its ending (less we forget: the only reason why Pat and Laura stayed married was solely because SHE RAPED A BABY OUTTA HIM... read the end of Chapter 3, if you don't believe me - it's pretty damn clear... but, as wrong as it is, it is still fine, somehow!); heck, it's why the main characters in "Unfaithful" and in "Faithful in Her Fashion" are completely unrecognizable, from one story to the other (once again, if you think, while reading the latter story, that the only problem with Simone O'Reilly is her cheating... you haven't read it he first one properly! She is NOT a good person - at all! - she just acts like one.) The need Gerald seem to have to balance the whole thing up, to make the ying matched the yang in size, will make him add some the most contrived plotpoints, actions and reactions imaginable, just to make sure that everybody is scumming enough to justify them staying together.

It's sucks. It's his biggest problem, as a writer. It's make too many of his stories inconsistent. And it's why we, his readers, always are worried when he post follow-ups to his standalones or closed series.

Which is why I'm not at all worry about this entry. And will welcome more of the same.

The events described here happened during "Crime & Punishment", have little to do directly with the Sullivans, and therefore won't affected how this series ultimately ended. Plus, the thing to remember is that you pretty much already know, if you read the 4 parter, what it is all about (the shifting power dynamic in the Fitzgerald household), and can figure out how it will turn out. Personally, I always been facisnated by Foxy and Sue, both as characters and about their relationship. So I'm actually quite glad that RG decided to focus mainly on them here - maybe we'll finally learn whether or not their marriage will survive their continuous infidelties (yeah Anons: Steven has cheated on his wife. Quite a lot, if Pt. 04 is any indication.) I'm actually curious to see why Foxy can fuck the shit outta most women, but, evidently, not his wife... will RG take the time to explain this?

So yes - I'm all in. Hopefully, we won't have to wait 'til 2018 for a complete resolution to this storyline - I'm down with as many chapters as you're willing to post throughout the holidays season, Richard! So please give us some more of that good old Fitzgerald chaos - it's fun to read, 'cause it'a fiction and not happening to any of us.

... But please: DO NOT CHANGE YOUR CHARACTERS TO FIT THE NARRATIVE... FIT THE STORY, SO THAT THE ACTIONS OF YOUR ALREADY WELL-ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS MAKE SENSE IN IT. That's all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@MightyHorny

I couldn't agree more!

At least with "The Bridge," he didn't write a sequel, but his letter to the writer of a sequel, essentially exonerating the cheating wife was amazing, and not in a good way.

I think the worst offender is "Crime & Punishment," though "Another Love" is a close second, and has had the most vocal reaction from the commentariat. Can you imagine if a wife who is divorcing her cheating husband is incapacitated, and he rapes and impregnates her? Is there ANYONE other than out-and-out misogynists, who would tell her to suck it up and stay with her husband? Didn't think so.

RichardGeraldRichardGeraldover 6 years agoAuthor
To my fans Mightyhorny and Steve Brooks

I’m truly touched by your devotion to reading my work, but your worldly innocence is truly frightening. Yes, the sexes are equal in the mind of God, but even there they are not the same. True equality can only come by recognizing our differences and accepting them, or as my Mom used to say, “Richard, life isn’t fair, and it only get’s more so.”

If you don’t believe me, consider the current Harvey Weinstein controversy and then think back over your own work history. If you are a professional man like myself, consider all the times a female client, colleague, or opponent wanted something and let her dress ride up, leaned in to flash her tits, and/or reached over to touch you. “Were you sexually assaulted, Was that sexual harassment, and did you suffer from a hostile work environment?” The question is ludicrous but no more than a woman who takes her clothes off for a living complaining because she was flashed. Think about it!

The problem you have with my work is that it is set in the real world. A very unfair place where cheated on men take their unfaithful wives back seventy percent of the time. You will notice in my stories the percentage is much less, but I’m not writing fairy tales which may be the right choice for those who need that happy ending.

I do have one complaint. You miss the point of “On the Lam.” You need to go back and follow the character arc of David. The storyline is how with the help of his mistress he is finally able to stand up to his family. Why you see that as wimping out is truly beyond my understanding.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@RichardGerald

Richard,

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I have SOME agreement with you on the Weinstein case, but I believe he went FAR beyond flashing!

As far as the "real world" goes, yes, life is unfair, and MAYBE a wife who raped her incapacitated husband would be treated less harshly than the reverse, but for it to be so totally blown off? I certainly HOPE not! I also don't see why a competent person's wishes for his care would be ignored. I don't care HOW powerful the firm is, I refuse to believe that they could do more than suspend the divorce proceedings, nit dismiss them. I was just looking, I don't see any discussion of his lawyer's involvement with the dismissal.

I will go back and to "On the Lam," if YOU will go back to your letter to justbobc(sic), and give a RATIONAL explanation for why you think Laura(?) in "The Bridge" deserved understanding, not burning!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

fag cuck shit.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x

To answer your question: of course not, dude.

What Laura did - hell, what everyone around the Sullivans did to prevent Patrick from divorcing here - was pretty fucking despicable. I'm still unhappy about RG's promises that he'll find a way to get his main character out of his predicament ('cause he really, REALLY didn't!)

But I have to give all the credits in the world to this great writer, 'cause, dammit, he sold me on the RAAC in the fourth chapter! I don't know how he managed it, but I've read "C&P" too often, with too much satisfaction, to claim that I'm not OK with it... Even though I truly think Patrick deserved WAY better, and should have his own tryst as soon as he kicked Laura out of his life (I never bought the 'my-wife-cheated-on-me-but-I-won't-do-the-same-to-her-til-we're-divorced' trope that LW writers keeps using... and I never will.)

Completely understand why you didn't, though - RG managed to bring me back in, but pretty much lost you... Those things happen.

Finally, don't you for a second think I don't also follow you, Mr Brooks - big fan of yours, so keep up the good work.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Re: To my fans Mightyhorny...

Gotta say, that response from RG was kind of a double-edged sword for me.

On one hand, I went "Holy shit, Richard Gerald read my comment!!!!"

But then, I immediately went "HOLY SHIT, Richard Gerald read my comment..."

So, you know... conflicting emotions here! lol

But hey, nothing I said was malevolent - I truly am a fan. So, of course, I appreciate your response, Richard... even though I do not fully agree with it.

First off, I have no delusion about the world in which we all exist - if anything, I'm probably way more pessimistic about it than you are, even though I see myself as a realist. Unlike a lot of people, the Weinstein scandal surprises me only because it looks like folks finally seems to give a fuck about powerful people forcefully getting their sexual gratifications from subordinates (probably just a facade, though - barely a year ago, Trump was accused of the same, exact behavior, with victims and audio tapes (?!?!) to back it up.... yet that didn't stop him from becoming the 25 POTUS, so...) So yes, I'm aware of this... I'm also very aware of the proclivity of female office workers to use their 'god-given gifts' to get ahead in the corporate world (although, it may surprise you to learn that even this kind of behaviors is starting to be seriously look down upon by more and more males working in an office environment, since they finally are getting angry about being tossed away from a deserved promotion because they happen to not have a vagina...) And yes, I'm with you when it comes to women's sad willingness to be unfaithful - I mean, in my group of friends, I do not know a lot of cheaters, but I can tell you, from the ones I know to have cheated, most of them were women. However, all of those young ladies I learned had another man on the side... well I know they did, 'cause their official boyfriends dumped them over their infidelity. So that's where I'm starting to seriously disagree with some of your statements...

I have no idea where you came up with the claim that 'cheated on men take their unfaithful wives back seventy percent of the time'... but, with all due respect, that's complete bullshit. If it was truly the case, then the divorce rate would have been way lower than the constant 50% it reached since the 90's; if it was true, than the numbers of marriages wouldn't have drop so significantly in the last decades. The idea for anyone to be tight down to one individual for the rest of their life is unappealing for most people nowadays from the get-go, so claiming that 70% (!!!) of cuckolds managed to find a way to take back their cheating spouse?... NO WAY. Watch out - whomever gave you that number probably will try later to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge...

As for "On the Lam"... the problem isn't that I didn't understood it - oh no, Gerald: I got what you were trying to do there... I just COMPLETELY DISAGREED with it. You obviously aren't aware of this, but, for most of your readers, "Jail Breaking" wasn't about a man running away from a family forcing him to live in an unacceptable situation. No, that story was, for most of us anyway, about David Landon, a man who either doesn't care about or simply dislike every single person in his life. He doesn't love his wife; he doesn't love his mom; he doesn't have any respect for anyone else in his family, except for his twin daughters (something that ended up changing real quick!), and feel trap in a life he truly never wanted to live. So when the females in his clan started pushing him into becoming his wife's willing cuckold, he didn't see it as a new brick on the wall that represent his misery, but as the key he was looking for to GTFO a situation he was guiltily forced to be stuck in. David didn't ran away from his family - he found a way to FREE himself from them. And, I don't know about you, but I never heard of a prisoner who ever need to eventually 'stand up' to his past jailers, but that prisoner certainly wouldn't have sounded as happy as Landon did when he walked out of his house, and his old, unwanted life LIKE A BOSS. Nope, sorry, that guy wouldn't need anyone's assistance to stand up from his family - since when do you need to face people that YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT IN THE FIRST PLACE?! I liked - strike that, I loved the cold, calculating and dismissive David Landon you introduced us to in the first story, RG, but, for some reasons, you decided to emotionally castrated him in your sequel. Which is why I do not care for "On The Law".

I'll re-read "Jail Breaking", though... probably will do it this weekend. It's that good of a standalone story.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 6 years ago
Susan is a repugnant slut!

Dislike hearing/reading stories wherein a manipulative slut gets her way. Well written but just saying. Instead of writing a prequel, would have enjoyed reading about how Steven and Susan dealt with their mutual promiscuity.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
I guess I saved myself some time

I came to the comments to get a glimpse at how good a story this was.

However, I find that the main focus is on Fucking Foxy and his Whore wife? Two characters whom I found repugnant and besides the point.

Yes yes, Foxy was involved in a Major Plot point at the end of C&P 4 and his whore was supposedly intrinsically involved with the wife and her reasons for cheating.

But I hated every scene with these characters, PARTICULARLY when, between 3 and 4 in C&P, the wife was a whore in charge and Foxy was a little feckless Irish choirboy who desperately loved her and put up with his constant cuckolding and then they changed to ...well, something else. Not consistent characters at all at all.

So currently, I feel no need to read this. Perhaps later when my curiosity has had a chance to percolate up.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
RG, it seems YOU are missing the point

If the commenters are complaining, they are unsatisfied. I don't mean the 'cuck fag' brigade.

But if they don't believe you made the case for the 'hero' to come back in 'On the Lam', then YOU didn't make the case. And recalling that story, I agree with them.

Further, in every one of your stories, the Greek Choir, up to and including a man's sister, kids and the family dog all sing 'Cheating is sophisticated...take her BAAAACK. Hasn't she suffered enough?' Even as the cheating wife sits there with dry eyes and gimlet stare. Put simply, if Simone was sorry, she wouldn't go back to Africa. Ergo...

This 'real world' you laud? NINETY ONE percent think that cheating on a spouse is the very worst thing you can do. And 68% of those same people consider Divorce fully acceptable...particularly when related to that first stat.

So don't cry realism when you have so many unrealistic characters. In 'real life' Laura's mentor would essentially scuttle her career and not put the Herculean ILLEGAL efforts to defend her horrible actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
fascinating discussion

closet cucks like fd45 know zip about the "real world" and need to stfu, these characters aren't normal but a story about normies would be boring.

PencarrowPencarrowalmost 6 years ago
BEING MARRIED TO SUSAN

Must be like being married to a used toothbrush. Why would anyone bother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Where in the fuck is the rest of the story?

I know that after making this comment, i will not be allowed to comment again. But put the rest of the story on this site. I have hunted all over for it and can not find it. I am hoping desperately for a change, or for something to happen, so i can respect Steven. Right now i have NO respect for him. He makes me want to toss my cookies. Please tell me where the rest is, and give me some hope for Steve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What....

What did she knew, that his client was gulty, or that her 'innocent' husband ain't innocent at all!!!!!!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

The rest of the story is on this site, the story is labeled prequel,

the start of all this is labeled "Crime and Punishment"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable read. Nice hook for part 2! five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just started reading the "prequel" have read the other which gave a beginning outline of Susan and Steven, I already want her destroyed or at least broken somehow, her and all the women in her family seem to be Trash.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

very good beginning. 5

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

Just okay but going to stick with it for another chapter to see if it will take off.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous