All Comments on 'Crime & Punishment: The Prequel Ch. 04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I like your stories but I think you've made an error

In the original Crime & Punishment you implied that Fitzgerald & Segal met for the 1st time during a much later trial - have I missed something?

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Excellent Work

This is hard work and craftmanship at its best. Steve is truly an impressive character

and the presentation of the trial without a trace of histronics is very well handled. But what enjoyed most was the insight into the lady lawyer.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 6 years ago
Top shelf

It doesn't get any better.

In reply to your question its not that they don't read and like your work, its that they know nothing but pain in their lives, and want to do you a favor and pass it along.

Most hate the thing they can not do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This is brilliant writing

I like all of your work, but this is just the best yet.The use of the poem is just perfect - absolutely 1st class.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Back on the saddle again.

Much, much better than the last chapter.

Not sure why, but, so far, every time Foxy shows up, the story gets a whole lot better.

When Susan does, however... not so much.

As far as I can tell, we're well into the fourth chapter of the original "C&P" run, so I'm expecting new events to appear in the storyline very soon. 'Wouldn't hurt to have Pat show up next time, even if this prequel is obviously not about him and his problems.

My personal take: don't see how the Fitzgerald marriage going to survive their mutual infidelity. But hey - this is still a RG saga; crazier things that a marriage surviving betrayal have happened on those tales...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Vapid shit

I have no idea why this writer keeps posting this crap. No one reads it except a few fanboys sucking his dick. This guy can't write, and doesn't belong here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Same old crapola

Lifestyles of the sleazy and skanky. Not interested.

KnightofoilKnightofoilover 6 years ago
More foxy

Prequel was needs to set up ,but his is strong enough on his own. Especially when his wife's toy Gert's put down more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anons

I have the feeling that the comments from the angry anons are authored by the same loser. As the author of this story stated at the beginning, if you don't like the story, don't read it. 5*

rick_ohrick_ohover 6 years ago
Fascinating chapter

Looking forward to the future ones.

driv2u2driv2u2over 6 years ago
At last

He does some payback to wife , does not like it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Very well written and crafted story! However, I wonder if Richard forgot that Laura apparently didn't fuck Peterson for the first time until after their company Xmas party (Crime and Punishment Part 2). The Governor's ball apparently was in the fall of the same year and Laura was apparently seriously considering letting Patterson seduce her at the ball. How will Richard solve this apparent dilemma or will he conveniently forget about the future course of events in Crime and Punishment Part 2 and have her allow Peterson to seduce her at the Governor's ball for their first fuck or will Richard have Laura hold off Peterson somehow even though Laura's very interested in him? Since this series of stories are prequels I wonder what Laura's decision will be? By the way how did Laura con her loving husband into allowing her to go to the Governor's ball without being escorted by him?

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 6 years ago
Good story

I enjoyedst story. Still wanting to see what the information on the governor is.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
IS THE POLL EVER CORRECT IN ITS ANSWER

as with all subjective results, the conscience forever ponders, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To answer the author'w opening question

Looks like very few are reading. 1500? Damn, that's pretty anemic.

grogers7grogers7over 6 years ago
Excellent

Perhaps the readership is less because it is in "novels and novellas" I used to check for "new stories", preferring "loving wives". When the format changed so that checking "loving wives" brought all new stories in that category, I only checked that category and did not see new stories in other categories. It is by chance that I discovered RichardGerald had published in "novels and novellas" -- and he is one of my favorite authors.

Looking forward to more of this story.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 6 years ago
I like complicated characters

Great story. Five out of five.

It took me a while to read the Crime and Punishment stories because of their category, but I'm glad I did.

I like reading about the author's complicated, difficult characters even if I don't always like the characters themselves.

RG's women are almost always promiscuous, but not evil or cruel which I find fascinating. They separate love and sex, sometimes purposely and sometimes by accident. They are also very smart, but sometimes a bit delusional which isn't as contradictory as it might seem at first.

RG's men are smart, quiet but utterly ruthless - a great combination. The men are usually not the alphas in the room which is a change from most stories. In fact the married couples in these stories are often a great if unconventional combination.

I also notice a theme that the cuckolded husbands are sometimes simultaneously rewarded with a wife - occasionally but not always repentant - and a hot new lover.

At the same time I totally understand why some reviewers hate these stories. Everybody cheats and usually don't suffer the conventional punishment.

I also like how all his characters live in the same universe. These different stories could easily be one big book, although I think it would have to be restructured slightly.

If I had a criticism it would be that sometimes the stories are bit bloodless and flat emotionally. (I don't mean gore.) Characters says they are sad or upset but they don't really show it.

I love the political story lines, but some of the court room story lines don't hold water for me.

I look forward to more RG stories.

Steve

WL73WL73over 6 years ago

I’m actually enjoying reading the character development coming through your pages. All are flawed and I don’t like most of them, but they are interesting.

wonder203wonder203over 6 years ago
5*

The layers you have put in through out this line of stories is very interesting. Some you want to dislike but can't and others are sad people trying to do the best they can. The mix of power and money and all the character flaws that brings with it's entitlement is great fodder for a story.

Well done. Look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

I really like the 2 lawyer friends and love about them.

I think their wives are scrummy though in the stories.I

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
O now I am really confused.

This wasn't how she found out the truth about the whole suicide in the original Crime and Punishment series, is the author mixing up details???

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

as always this author spins a very good story

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

so easy they stray in to infidelity, some of us play by different rules with a different set of morals,

The author does well and so do his editors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Throwing in the towel. Well written BUT too much legal minutia and not enough Loving Wives. Which is where C & P started out. Ya lost me...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Finally, A little payback to unfaithful, duplicitous Susan. She doesn't deserve a faithful spouse.

BSreaderBSreader12 months ago
Don't

Understand how someone can be ok with a wife that screws other men.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous