Crimson Kiss

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Desmond returned a moment later with a mug of coffee and collapsed onto the other end of the couch Angel was seated on.

"Let's hear it." he said, more coherently and more alive.

Krystian folded up his newspaper and rested it on his lap. He looked Desmond in the face.

"You like staying here?" he asked and Desmond nodded, half heartedly.

"It's okay, I guess." he answered, truthfully.

"Do you want to stay?" Krystian asked. He was currently raking through Desmonds thoughts, looking for the slightest hint of a lie. So far he was being honest.

"Yeah." Desmond muttered. He didn't like telling people how he felt and he felt as if Krystian was probing.

"Shape up in two weeks and you can stay." Krystian said and waited patiently for Desmond's next thought. It came and he said it aloud.

"Shape up how?" he asked, confused.

"Do your part around the house, mature a little, don't pull things like what was pulled last night in the kitchen, less jokes, show a little respect. I'm not saying become a perfect angel but become somewhat tolerable." Krystian said, practically begging.

Desmond thought for a moment, juggling the thought around in his head.

"If I do all of that, I get to stay?" he asked, almost for confirmation it sounded like.

Krystian nodded and then Desmond nodded.

"Fine but in my defense what was going on in the kitchen last night was not my fault. We were just eating and then Dom found the scotch and then from there it escalated into that." he said, after a few minutes of hard thinking. He stood.

"Just be happy that you caught me with a hangover. I'm generally more accepting in a hangover but I might forget this later so if this little deal doesn't get upheld, there's nothing I can do about it." he said, placing a hand on the doorknob.

"If the deal doesn't get upheld, then you're out of here." Krystian said.

Desmond shrugged. "Then so be it." he said and left the room.

He strolled down the hallway and back into the kitchen. David was passed out underneath the table. He jerked the table, jabbing his drunken friend in the side with one of the legs, and stood watching as David slowly came to. He looked around confused before looking up and seeing Desmond who raised his eyebrows and smiled a little.

"Morning sunshine." he laughed as David crawled out from underneath the table. He handed him the coffee and sat down at the table. David joined him.

"What happened?" David asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Desmond grinned and David laughed, hoarsely.

"You were totally gone last night." he reminisced and Desmond shook his head.

"All I can remember is what happened before we went into the bar and then after that darkness. Then I remember waking up with my head next to the toilet and not knowing where I was." he laughed a little. David grinned.

"Krystian talked to me just now." Desmond said a moment later.

"About what?"

"Me staying here."

"What'd he say?" David asked, now interested. The coffee had already started to perk him up.

"If I shape up within the next two weeks, I can stay."

"What'd you say?" David questioned.

"I agreed." Desmond murmured and finger combed his hair in front of his eyes.

David nodded and after a moment said, "So are you actually going to do it?"

Desmond shrugged and nodded at the same time.

"Maybe. Depends on how I feel when I fully sober up. I can't think straight. Krystian did find a new roommate for us though. They're moving in today." he said and David looked up.

"Dude or chick?" he asked and Desmond replied with a shrug.

"When today?" David pressed, kind of anxious now.

Desmond shrugged again. He wasn't understanding his friends nerves and gave him a confused look. David shook his head.

"You must've been really fucked up to not get it by now. We look like shit and what if whoever it is, is hot?" David said and then it clicked in Desmonds head. He shot up from his chair and stumbled a little from the sudden head rush.

"You're right. I'm going to go shower." he said, hurrying out of the room, already planning his outfit for the day in his head.

"Right behind you." David said and he was.

They had both showered and dressed within the hour. Desmond wore a pair of blue skinny jeans with a band t-shirt of The Used and a pair of skate shoes. Even dressed as simply as this, he looked spectacular. The shirt hugged him so that his muscles could be seen and the way his belt hung suggestively off of his hips instead of through the belt loops was very tongue-in-cheek. He had washed his hair and it flowed, glowing and healthy, down to his shoulders and his eyes were slightly less bloodshot. He had accessorized with a black studded wristband.

David had threw on a green v neck shirt that embraced his chest and accentuated his muscles, long denim shorts, and neon green high top Converses. He looked beautiful. His black and green studded belt was through the loops and he wore a black open vest.

By then Angel and Krystian had already showered, dressed, and ate while Li Mei was still no where to be found. Ultimately, no one noticed.

He was currently straightening his hair while Desmond checked himself out in the mirror.

"I look so fucking good." Desmond murmured and David laughed, shaking his head.

"Don't let your head get too swollen." he teased and Desmond rolled his eyes.

"You know you want this." he said, whispering softly and waggling his eyebrows at him.

"Besides it's true." he said, blew himself a kiss in the mirror and left the room. David emerged from the bathroom a moment later, fixing his hair how he wanted it. Desmond was standing the doorway, staring down the staircase.

"What is it?" David asked.

"A car just pulled up. I think it's the new roommate." Desmond murmured.

A minute later he was starting down the stairs and David wasn't too far behind. They walked into the living room where Angel was waiting seeing as Krystian had went to go answer the now ringing door.

"You guys want to welcome the new tenant?" she asked, surprised as they came bounding into the room. She was dressed in a professional looking red dress and black heels.

"Sure why not?" David said.

"We're not doing anything better." Desmond said and Angel shrugged a shoulder.

"Whatever. Just behave David. Desmond you already know the deal." He made a face but nodded. They heard the voices down the hall and a moment later, when they saw Casey Pittman, Desmond felt himself go a little gay but it wasn't until they saw the second guy that he briefly thought about cutting off girls all together for these two men.

Krystian followed close behind and entered the room as the two men sat on the couch opposite Desmond and David. The black haired one smiled and pointed at Desmond's shirt.

"I love those guys. Just saw them a few weeks ago." he said and the slightest hint of a New Zealand accent could be heard. Desmond smiled back.

"Oh really?" he asked.

"Yeah. I dipped into this concert hall a few weeks ago because the cops were looking for me and they were on stage. Guess I got lucky." he said.

"You guys are joining us?" Krystian asked to Desmond and David. The two best friends nodded and Krystian narrowed his eyes but said nothing. His look clearly said, "Behave." The two nodded again and Krystian frowned. He didn't believe them but he went on.

"Casey, Ryder this is only part of our coven. The rest are...out of the house right now. That's Desmond, David and she's Angel." He said and everyone nodded in turn.

"This is Casey Pittman. Casey, I think you'll fit right in with Desmond, David and David's brother Daniel." Krystian said, making a face at the end of the sentence.

Casey was striking. He had jet black hair that brushed his shoulders and over his left eye, hazel eyes that reminded one of a sunset, and a nicely toned body that almost screamed to be touched. His yellow v neck hugged his chest and well built arms. He wore black skinny jeans that disappeared into black and yellow high tops. Hanging off of his waist was a black and yellow studded belt and around his wrist was a black and yellow checkered wristband. Atop his dark haired head sat a bright yellow cap that he wore to the back. He was magnificent. He had snakebites, his tongue, and he also had his septum pierced. Through his left nostril sat a small black stud, too. He also had a few tattoos but a few was an understatement. He had a sleeve on his right arm that stretched down the back of his hand and several tattoos on his left arm. He had "Casey ♥'s Music." on the side of his neck and "We'll Sleep When We're Dead." across his neckline. Desmond wanted him. Bad.

"Why do you say that?" Casey asked, smirking at Desmond and David before looking back up at Krystian.

"I'll just say that you guys have a lot in common. Especially you and Desmond." Krystian said, vaguely and then moved to sit down.

"We'll just have to find out what he means, now won't we?" Casey laughed, speaking to Desmond who nodded, smiling.

"This is Ryder Lewis. Another addition to Desmond's gang." Krystian said, bitterly. This whole time he'd been avoiding Angel's controlled surprise. He knew why she was surprised. The Elders had told him to take Casey and he'd agreed but when Casey arrived, Ryder was with him. Ryder gave him a letter from the Elders saying that he was to move into the coven as well and that he'd been delivered to the Elders a few hours after Casey did in the same state: barely surviving. The Elders had decided that since Krystian was taking Casey he might as well take Ryder and that was the end of that. There was no telling the Elders no. Ryder was along for the ride.

He had the same black hair as Casey except his was teased up in the back and it had fire engine red accents. It fell over his sea green eyes and he now pushed it out of his face. His hair looked like it took a lot of time to do. He had a lean body that suggested he did some kind of sport. His All Time Low shirt squeezed his torso, accentuating his chest and his jean Capri's hugged his legs. He wore low top black Converses with the laces tucked into his shoes instead of being tied. He sported a bar through his left eyebrow and his septum. He also had double spider bites and his tongue had stud in the middle of it. He was gorgeous. He had two sleeves from what Desmond could see and he smiled. Ryder was sexy but Casey was beyond words.

Ryder grinned and Casey gripped his shoulder. Ryder looked at him.

"We were best friends in the Elder's boarding home so I don't mind hanging out with you. If I'm forced to, I mean." he joked and Casey stuck his tongue out at him. He's American, Desmond noted.

"Now we're going to get down to business." Krystian said and the smiles wiped off of Casey's and Ryder's faces.

"I noticed you stubbed out a cigarette as you walked up the driveway, Casey, so I'm assuming you smoke." Krystian said and Casey nodded in reply. "Do you have any cigarettes on you right now?"

Casey produced a new pack of cigarettes from his pocket and raised them next to his head. He looked worried.

"You gonna take them from me?" he asked, sounding a little upset.

Krystian shook his head.

"You can keep them. I was wondering because I used to smoke and it'll be hard not to smoke with a smoker now living in the house so if you don't mind, please don't smoke in the house." he said and Casey was noticeably relieved.

"I could do that." he said and put his cigarettes away. Krystian nodded. He was glad he agreed so easily.

"Anyway, the house rules are really simple. Just contribute to the house, respect me as your coven leader, respect the Elders, conserve our supply of blood because there are 8 other people who live here, respect everyone else and leave the partying for when you're out of the house." Krys went on, shooting Desmond a look on the last part. Casey saw and beamed.

"There's obviously a story behind that." he laughed, looking at Desmond and waggling his eyebrows. Desmond bit his lip and smiled.

"I'll tell you later." he said and Casey nodded.

"It's not something to be proud of, Desmond." Krystian murmured. Desmond stared at him, bewildered.

"Why not?" he asked, laughing.

"Do you really want someone's first impression of you to be how you acted last night?" Krys asked. Desmond shrugged.

"Why not? It's how I am everyday. Instead of finding out what I'm like as they get to know me, why not just know from the beginning?" he shot back.

Krystian frowned.

"You're proud of how you are everyday?" he asked in disbelief.

Desmond nodded, smugly. "Of course. If I wasn't, I would try to change." he said, definitely. Krystian just shook his head and continued.

"So Casey, Ryder we're still doing renovations in the other bedrooms around the mansion so for now, Casey you'll be rooming with Desmond and Ryder you'll be rooming with me." he said and both men nodded. Desmond was ecstatic on the inside but he merely smiled on the outside as did Casey. David frowned.

"Ryder, you're more than welcome to sleep in my bed. Me and Daniel will share a bed. Rooming with Krystian is a torture I've had to endure at one point in time. He's psychotic." he said and Krystian frowned.

"Was it so much trouble for you to keep the room clean?" he asked.

"Yeah, if you're also telling me to use hand sanitizer every time I touch the doorknob." David shot back.

"I don't like being sick." Krystian murmured.

"That's not a good enough excuse." David muttered.

"So Ryder you'll be with David and Daniel. This will work out perfectly." Angel said, happily and Ryder smirked at her.

"Do you have a roommate?" he asked and she shook her head.

"Want one?" he flirted and she smiled. Krystian didn't.

"Men and women have separate rooms in this coven, for obvious reasons." he interjected and Ryder's smile fell a little.

"That's a shame. We could've shared a bed if we had to." he said and Angel laughed.

Krystian didn't want to hear anymore.

"Why don't you two go get settled in? Desmond, David show them to the rooms." he said and the four men rose from their seats and filed out of the living room.

They all walked down the hallway and as they passed by the door, Casey looked at it as if contemplating something. Desmond noticed.

"Want to go outside?" he asked.

"I need a cigarette." Casey muttered in reply but continued up the stairs with the rest of them.

Desmond and Casey got to their room as David and Ryder continued further down the hall to their room. When Desmond opened the door he noticed that his bed had been pushed against the wall so that the second bed could be placed against the opposite wall. On the second bed were several suitcases and 3 guitar cases with an amp on the floor next to the bed. There was even a second dresser and vanity in the room. Desmond was bewildered.

"When did they do this?" he asked as Casey walked in, heading towards his bed.

"Who knows how the Elders work? For all we know, my clothes could already be put in the dressers and shoes in the closet." Casey laughed as he moved one suitcase off of another and unzipped the front pouch. He reached in and pulled out a green lighter, smiling triumphantly. Reaching up to his ear, he pushed his hair back and there sat a small white cigarette perched on his ear, much like how a pencil would be as he walked towards the window and pulled back the curtains. He opened it and poked his head out, looking around. When he was satisfied he leaned back and shoved one leg through it. Desmond was worried.

"What're you doing, mate?" he asked, starting towards Casey. Casey just looked at him as if he should know.

"I can't smoke in the house." he said, popping the cigarette between his lips.

"So you're going to jump out the window?" Desmond asked.

Confusion and then realization washed over Casey's face.

"Oh, no. There's a roof underneath this window and instead of going to stand in the front, I'm going out here." he explained and, sure enough, Desmond saw a small roof under his window that stretched all the way down to the other side of the house. He nodded and laughed a little.

"Oh." he said and Casey grinned at him.

"Worried about me?" he asked and Desmond watched as the cigarette bobbed up and down between his lips. His beautiful, full lips. Desmond wondered briefly if they were as soft as they looked.

"More like worried whether or not you were going to commit suicide." He laughed and Casey smiled at him.

"If I was going to kill myself, I would've done it a long time ago." he said but he didn't stick around for any further conversation. He ducked out the window and stood on the roof. He flicked the lighter a few times, holding it up to the cigarette and shielding it with a cupped hand so that the warm gentle breeze didn't blow the flame out. Desmond watched peace consume his face as he inhaled the smoke and blew out happily. He sat down and continued to puff on his cigarette as he gazed out into the vast backyard behind the mansion. It definitely was a sight to behold.

The backyard had a circular rose garden that took up most of it that was almost a maze and when you reached the center there was a tall fountain surrounded by benches and framed by rocks. It looked like the epicenter of nirvana. There were long cobblestone pathways that led into the woods where Desmond knew there was a large clearing with a large waterfall and lake that he, David and Daniel often used for playing catch with a football or to go swimming in. On the other side of the backyard were tennis courts, basketball courts, a baseball diamond and a track for racing. The three best friends always found themselves outdoors more and more often during the warmer days.

Desmond headed back in the room when Casey's voice stopped him.

"You're not going to come out here with me?" he called and Desmond turned back to the window. Casey was staring at him, expectantly. Desmond shrugged and climbed out of the window. He positioned himself next to Casey and sat down, bringing his knees up to his chest and resting his arms across his legs.

"I figure since we're going to be rooming together and all, I should tell you I'm bisexual and that I strongly prefer guys." Casey said as he took another drag from his cigarette. He looked over at Desmond waiting for a reaction. There wasn't one. Casey sighed.

"I'm not going to try to grope you in your sleep but I can't help it if I develop a crush on you. Besides I just got out of a relationship with this guy and it was messy and I'm not really looking for any kind of relationship so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. You seem pretty cool and it'd be a shame if we couldn't be friends because of this." he said as if he'd said this his entire life. Desmond didn't know what to do.

Should he tell Casey that he was bi too but he didn't really like guys or should he just tell him that he was straight? After all, he'd never slept with a guy before. He'd only kissed a few guys throughout his entire life and one of those guys was Dom, which didn't really count because he didn't like Dom like that. He decided to go with the first choice and see where that got him. He told Casey who then smiled.

"So you're a halfway virgin?" he asked and Desmond thought for a moment.

"I guess you could say that." he said, finally and he thought he saw Casey bite his lip. He did however see Casey rolling his eyes over his body and he turned a little pink.

"So never with a guy?" Casey asked again with a smirk on his face.

Desmond shook his head. He was aware of Casey's change in attitude and how he moved a little closer to him. He didn't mind.

"I've always thought about it though." he admitted.

"The only thing you've ever done with a guy is make out with him?" Casey continued to question. Desmond shook his head.