Criss Cross

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, I remember the story. This was the last dig assignment that the doctor handed out before I took over the reins."

"That's right. Mary and I evaluated and inspected the site thoroughly over the next several days and developed a dig plan. There is a small village approximately five hundred yards from the initial cave. The village is very small, being inhabited by no more than twenty-five people at any given time. We found no evidence of any children. The time frame for the village was between years 1100 and 1400. The cave itself appears to have been used exclusively as a ritual location."

"Are you sure about the date range?"

Mary speaks, "It is, of course, an approximation. There were so few people and no children, so we didn't find as many relics as we would like in order to make a more accurate assessment. But we believe the range wraps around the actual period of occupation. What is most troubling for us in this regard: we were unable to find any evidence pointing to the origins of this small group or why they left. The beginning is abrupt; the ending is abrupt."

Bill asks, "So, what do you know about them? It's odd that there would be no children at a permanent habitation location for so many years."

Jane answers, "Our underclassman team is working the village. We felt that was a bit less of a priority at this point because of the discoveries we had made in the ritual caves. The bulk of our knowledge is there. The ritual center was used for several purposes. But two of the rooms have been the focus of most of our work. We have found two devices that are technologically advanced well beyond the knowledge level of the era. One is the 'Levitation Device.' In this room is a device that can lift and move objects. The second device is a 'Stimulation Device.' This device was used to psychologically adjust the brain to promote certain desired characteristics. These were mainly sexual in nature and promoted male dominance and female subjection."

Mary continued, "We don't know exactly what they used the 'Levitation Device' for, but we have some idea of the activities surrounding the 'Stimulation Device.' In this case, two subjects, one male and one female, sit in two chairs on the device, and it is activated. Light beams and magnetic waves are transmitted from a unique crystalline structure. The crystals are volcanic in nature. But they are imbedded in sandstone. It's a paradox -- we haven't yet worked out the specifics on that question. The crystal, when activated by light, emits the 'rays', so to speak, which modify some of the brain cells and produces the enhanced sexual effects. The subjects are then released and go on to whatever they go on to. We suspect it was used in ritual weddings between neighboring cultures -- probably for political advantage."

Bill thinks for a second and observes, "So you have two working devices that date from six hundred to nine hundred years ago?"

Jane responds, "Yes, that is correct. The fact that they are both operational is the key. It would be an astounding find for the department. Just think of the notoriety. We have taken extraordinary measures to keep this under wraps."

Mary says, "We think our research has reached a sufficient level as to go public. That's why we have asked you to take a quick trip to the site and see for yourself. We think you will be astounded. We don't want to publicize this until you see it first. This will be big -- we don't want it to look like we are going around you."

Jane looks at Mary and says, "Would you excuse us for a minute. I would like to speak with Bill privately before we continue to the demo." Mary gets up and walks out into the hall, closing the door behind her.

"Bill, the 'Stimulation Device' is an incredible tool. Mary has volunteered to be the submissive for a test run. I would like for you to be the dominant. Just think of it, a trial run on an ancient relic. The archaeological world would be turned upside down. And just think of who would end up on top. This device will provide you with a submissive that would do your bidding -- and, I repeat, your bidding has no limitations."

Bill sits back in his chair and smiles; this has piqued his interest. He had wanted to find a good bitch for some bondage action. She had seemed a bit resistant last night, but now..., hmm. "You two are really laying it on thick here. But, you know, the university could use some good publicity. And I wouldn't mind the notoriety." Bill's mind is spinning. This is great. But how can I get the credit and put these two into the footnotes? "I tell you what. Let's do the test. I will evaluate the results and maybe contact a ghost-writer I know. He will draft an article for me. And, of course, you two would get the credit you deserve as my advisees on the project."

Jane says, "I will leave that to you. Mary and I are researchers. We just want results. You can handle the publicity part."

Bill smiles. This is too good to be true; they are going to leave it all to me. He says, "Good. Then when do we leave?"

"We are already packed. We can get in the van and hit the road right now if you like. It's a day trip; we'll be back by supper time."

***

Jane is driving the van. Bill is in the front seat telling Jane about his exploits from over the years. Jane is contemplating asking Mary for a spare barf bag as she listens to Bill ramble on. Mary is in the back of the van tinkering with some of the research equipment and notebooks.

Jane sighs and tells Bill, "Don't you want to nap a bit before we get there? We will have some climbing to do to get to the site."

Bill looks disgusted and says, "I know where the site is located. I will be just fine."

Mary comes up behind him, runs her hand through his hair and half-whispers in a sultry voice, "Hey, come on back here. Have you ever had a blowjob in the van heading for a dig?"

Bill, as a matter of fact, had not. He pulls off his seat belt and follows Mary back. Jane sneaks peaks in the mirror. In just a manner of minutes, Mary has taken off her t-shirt and is flipping her breasts back and forth for Bill's amusement. He is sitting in a side seat that is conveniently just across from a large metal plate that provides him with a reflection. Mary goes down on him and sucks him off in grand style. Jane listens as he groans in delight. A few minutes later, he comes back up to the front seat, latches on his seat belt and tells Jane, "Wake me up when we get there. I need to catch some 'Zzzz's.'" He lays his head back on the head rest. Mary looks up at Jane in the rear view mirror, crosses her eyes and sticks out her tongue.

Jane is thinking: now that was above and beyond the call of duty for Mary. I will have to pay her back for that one. And I will.

***

Finally there, Jane thought.

Jane and Bill walk down into the site. Mary had gone on ahead. The site was not overly large. In the village there were eight buildings sites surrounding a small commons area. Jane had surmised that the courtyard was the ceremonial meeting area. It appeared that it had been covered when the area was populated. Jane and Bill walk down to the cave entrance; that is where Mary said she had been working. Bill walks ahead of Jane (sounds normal for Bill) as the corridor dips down and goes underground. It was dark. Up ahead they see Mary in a lighted chamber. When they reach the chamber they see she had four lanterns set about it to provide the illumination.

The room was large but had a low ceiling. Bill almost had to stoop. There is a finely carved set of chairs in the middle with large oversized arms and small indentions for feet. The chairs are side by side and the occupants would be back-to-back when seated. There is a large bluish-green crystal on top of a long wooden shaft standing between the chairs. The shaft fits tightly between the backs of the chairs. On the ceiling are five wooden doors -- one in the middle directly above the crystal, two directly above the seat on one side and the other two directly above the other seat.

In the back of the chamber are two small openings about six feet deep. There is a large wooden beam stretching across the opening right-to-left. It is about six inches thick and ran about six inches below the ceiling. There is a small shelf in the back of each opening.

It is all as the girls had recorded in the notes. Bill thought this would make his efforts to take all the glory for the find a bit harder.

Mary looks at Jane, "I think I have everything set up just as you instructed. The only thing left is to fit us in our chairs."

Jane looks at the two chairs and at the crystal. "Yes, everything looks in order."

Bill says "So, this is it. It looks kind of dusty?"

Jane looks perturbed, "Bill, it has been sitting here for several hundred years. We are about ready Bill. We will need your help in just about five minutes."

Bill rolls his eyes, "I could have waited up in the fresh air for a few minutes. You broads are so inconsiderate." Broads? "I don't understand why I don't get more respect than I do. I certainly deserve more."

Jane says, "Okay everyone; let's start over here." She points to some hieroglyphics by the door. Bill and Mary stand by her and watch the pictures as she spoke. "This room is one of two ritual rooms within this complex. The other rooms were antechambers and storage rooms. Bill, Mary and I have been working in the two of these rooms; we have made some significant discoveries."

"Outstanding."

Jane looks at Mary and grins. "This room is named the 'Stimulation Room.' That is a rough translation. This language is difficult. It is more of a character based language similar to the East Asian language groups. But I digress. The hieroglyphics here describe the process and the significance, as near as we can translate it. The 'Stimulation Room' mechanism that sits in this room was used for sexual enhancement purposes. It increases the male propensity to control and lead. It increases the female propensity to follow and obey. It was designed during a time when cultural group leaders were exclusively men and traded women as slaves and wives for political advantage. I have been able to get this unit operational. We are going to try it out. Bill we would like for you and Mary to be our first two subjects. You two have developed a bit of a relationship. The machine will enhance your relationship in ways you will not believe. This was a room that was used often."

Bill spoke up, "That sounds good. Not that I need any enhancing, but Mary might gain some femininity from this."

Mary, frowning, glances over at Jane who was trying to suppress a giggle. Jane looks back to Bill and says, "Okay, let's get the demo going. Bill, would you open the doors above each of the chairs? Mary, you sit in this chair and let's get it adjusted for you." Mary climbs onto the chair placing each foot into the impressions on the bottom and put each arm on the arm rests. Jane reaches down and jiggles some of the structure at the bottom of the foot rests.

Bill opens the doors. There were mirrors behind each door that appeared to be directed between the chairs and the crystal. They each had a slight concavity. Bill looks at them but says nothing. Bill watches Jane making the adjustments and asks, "When do you get this going?"

"Just a second Bill, as soon as I'm done here, we will get you seated." Jane walks up beside Bill and whispers, "Bill, this is a special gift from Mary for you. She wanted you to be the first to enjoy it after its discovery. It was designed to enhance the sexual sensations that each member felt in a mutual sexual coupling. It will be an incredible experience for you." Jane hopes that Bill would just cooperate and keep quiet. Her work requires her undivided attention.

Bill shakes his head and said, "I should have never approved this boondoggle. It sure is dirty in here. All right, what do I do?"

Jane takes his wrists, "Sit down in the chair behind Mary." Bill moves around and seats himself.

Jane says, "Put your feet into the indentions and I will adjust them to make it more comfortable."

"Well that would be good. This thing was not made for a normal size person like me."

"That's right, and that's why I need to adjust it. Now, hold still."

"Just don't grope me while you're there."

"Don't worry Bill, you're safe with me." Jane's comment dripped with sarcasm.

Jane finishes up and stands. She took each of Bill's arms and places them on the arm rests. She adjusts his head back to touch the back of the chair. She told Mary, "Lean your head back, we are about ready."

Jane reaches up and opens the door above the crystal. There was some light shining behind it. She hands a gag to Mary, "You should put this on now. I can help you if you need it." Mary puts the large ball into her mouth and latches the strap behind her head.

Bill pans, "This isn't the first time, is it?" He laughs. He looks back at Jane and asks, "What's the gag for?"

Jane says, "This may bounce around a little. The foundation has a slightly spherical top so the chairs may roll a bit. Would you like a gag too? It might keep you from biting your tongue."

"I'm not going to wear one of these -- ever."

Jane smiles, "Okay, suit yourself." She looks at her watch and says, "Okay, you two, sit tight. We have about fifty seconds to go and the test ride will begin. Hold very still and let me activate the machine."

Neither Bill nor Mary move. Jane goes to the panel on the wall and pushes up the three switches on the right. Mary's wrists, ankles and neck are surrounded by clamps that hold her securely in place. Bill looks around trying to see what is going on. Jane tells him "Move your head back in place." He puts his head back into the cradle; she pushes the three switches on the left side of the panel. Bill's ankles, wrists and neck are secured just like Mary's. Bill looks down at the clamps, "What is this? Get these things off of me." He pulls on them. Mary sits still without moving a muscle.

Jane tells him, "Bill, you have to sit still. The clamps are to keep you from getting injured. Now relax and let's start."

Jane pushes the middle switch up.

A low pitch hum begins. The room shakes a little. Bill stops fidgeting. The chairs begin to vibrate. The light in the crystal above the chairs increases intensity. It continues to increase until a beam begins to appear in each mirror. The beams angle down directly onto the face and the stomach of the occupants of each chair. The intensity continues to increase until it is so bright that Jane turns away and holds a hand over her face. Bill and Mary each squeeze their eyes shut.

This goes on for about ten minutes. The intensity of the light peaks; Jane can see neither Bill nor Mary.

Mary is holding her eyes tightly shut. She feels an almost magnetic tingling throughout her body. She cannot feel anything around her as if there was no gravity.

Bill gets dizzy and tries to open his eyes. The brilliance of the light is too much. He sits back and feels like he is rising into the air.

Finally, the light's intensity begins to decrease. Slowly Jane begins to make out the other two as the light begins to diminish. In another ten minutes, it is over.

***

Jun Xia Ting has lived on the side of a mountain for most of his life. He has operated a martial arts school for half of that lifetime in these remote mountains. It is a by-invitation school. Jun sought out the best from all around the world. He has a knack for finding achievers. This term's class of eight students represented four continents, seven countries and both genders. The lifestyle of the students is spartan. Sacrifice is the prime ingredient for success in the real time exercises. The requirements are difficult but Jun seldom has a student who does not eventually make the grade. His students go on to be effective leaders and teachers. They all continue the legacy.

It was just two years ago that Jane Wilkinson had completed her course of study. She had been an outstanding student. So much so that they worked out a special assignment that was unique in the school's history. Like her, his 'hobby' is archaeology, and he had specialized in Native American history. He had told her about the site that she and Mary had been assigned to. He had been there as a part of an earlier small expedition twenty years before. The visit was soon forgotten and no follow-up trip was ever scheduled. But he knew about the history of it for there were similar sites all around the world.

Today was going to be a great day. Jane and Mary had succeeded in deciphering the hieroglyphics. Beyond that, they had learned the science behind the site. Soon they would be coming to Xia Ting's home in the mountains and they would hear from him some great stories about the culture that had produced those devices. Jane had described their work. Best of all, she was going to complete her special assignment. Not only would he hear about their current dig site, but he would get to congratulate her personally on completing her studies with the school.

Jun is sitting in his study. This week's work is in-class and leaves Jun some time to catch up on other work. There is a knock at the door. A young Chinese girl quietly walks in and up to Jun. She kneels on the floor and bows. Jun speaks to her and she responds. He nods. She stands and leaves.

Jun gets up and walks out of his study and down a long corridor to a locked door. He takes a tarnished key from his pocket, unlocks the door and walks in. He closes the door behind him. There is a short hallway that opens up into a larger room. He walks up to a computer station on the near wall. He clicks a few keys, punches the mouse a few times and looks up. A light comes on.

He gets up and leaves the room. He would be back here in a short time.

***

The crystal has gone completely dark.

Bill's head is rolling around as he tries to focus. Mary has passed out. Mary is still wearing the ball gag. Jane asks, "How do you feel?"

Bill looks at his hands, front and back, and answers, "It worked."

"Did it really? I knew it would!" Jane's excitement for the moment has just about exploded.

"Yes, yes, it's a great success. I can't believe it Jane. I can feel it -- it was extraordinary! I can feel it inside me. I am the man. I am the king." Bill begins to laugh.

Jane says, "Tell me something -- anything. Something to let me know it's really you."

Bill responds, "You silly-ass bitch. Get over here and get me out of this thing -- right now!" They both laugh.

Jane pushes the switches that release Bill's clamps; the clamps retract. Bill rubs each of his wrists and gets out of the chair. "I cannot believe it. This thing actually worked. I can see that I am in this fine body and I still can't believe it. I can feel the power; I can feel it! What about my silly slut Mary?"

"She has passed out. According to the hieroglyphs, that is to be expected. She won't be out too long. Come on, let's go to the 'Levitation Room' and get it ready."

They walk out of the chamber quickly. In just a few steps, they reach the 'Levitation Room.' It is about the same size as the 'Stimulation Room.' There is a large flat circular platform in the middle of the room. It is constructed from the same ceramic material has the device in the 'Stimulation Room.' There were three large circular dials on the wall. Each had five equally spaced grooves etched around the diameter. To the right of the dials is a large wooden button. Directly above the platform in an opening in the ceiling is a dark opaque greenish crystal. It is smaller than the one in the 'Stimulation Room.'

Jane asks, "How clear is your mind? Do you remember what we need to do here?"

Bill answers, "Yes, it is all clear. That is incredible. It is all clear!"

"Good." They go to work. Bill reaches up and rotates the crystal a few millimeters. Looking at it closely, there are small etch marks on the crystal that line up with similar etch marks in the ceiling. He has aligned the marks.