All Comments on 'Crypt Girls'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
IaOldTimerIaOldTimerover 6 years ago
Typically well written

Not what I expected, but thoroughly enjoyed the story.

texquilltexquillover 6 years ago
FUN TO READ

What a great imagination! This story has the potential to be the base for any number of surreal thrillers. The character development is top-notch, and the detailed descriptions make the locations believable. Todd172 is a multi-talented wordsmith, and this is a 5-star effort.

BigDog167BigDog167over 6 years ago
Loved it.

And love that you know the firearms you write about. So many writers fail to research that correctly and I get tired of reading about 40mm Glocks. Looking forward to more.

db1044db1044over 6 years ago
Good One

Loved the story. I really hope there are many more tales about Rose, Lily, Ken and Agent Dietrich.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 6 years ago
Great story

I look forward to the next story. Even if I have to wait until next Halloween. Thanks.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Thelma Todd and Clara Bow caught me

I was going to pass on this one as I generally am not a horror fan. Seeing those two names piqued my curiosity. Glad I gave it a chance. I thoroughly enjoyed the tale and look forward to more. 5*

cloakndagger772cloakndagger772over 6 years ago
loved it

Totally not my genre, but you are such a superb storyteller that it just doesn't matter. I can't wait to read more!

Storm113Storm113over 6 years ago
Very, very good. 5*

Please continue, loved these characters!

stephenchapmanstephenchapmanover 6 years ago
Well done

Great blend of erotic and action serial.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Now this would be a cool HBO series

Way cooler than Boardwalk Empire.

Cre8ivecatCre8ivecatabout 6 years ago
awww hell yeah! need more! please!

... Well... The title kind of set it all. Awesome characters! Must have more! Make this a priority, please!

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
Graphic Novel

This is a winning graphic novel concept if there ever was one. You have the sexy triangle with the bi-girl librarian half-monsters and their lethal hit man lover; the government tie-in for a steady supply of monster leads and an awesome name already. Kinky sex, romance and humor all wrapped around an action/horror theme.

Of course, I read old Tales of the Crypt comics growing up and loved that shit.

Find a good artist and go after it.

BAnde53507BAnde53507almost 6 years ago
Me Likey!

Endless possibilities for this storyline. More please!

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meabout 5 years ago
More???

I like this almost as much as I do The Shack series

Mayhem55Mayhem55about 5 years ago
Great!

LOVED IT! Great characters, great story! More please!

jneric2691jneric2691about 5 years ago
Great story~

WAITING FOR MORE! Sorry, caplock got stuck.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
BEYOND THE UNDECIDED AND UNLEARNED

there are mysteries and phoenomenons mankind may never understand or be entirely convinced only to realize something other than UFOs are around us is why we consult an occult Voodoo disciple. TK U MLJ LV NV

green117green117about 5 years ago
Read this one again...

Ya know -

I kinda like it.

It still has a weird mix of anxiety about the nature of women, and the occult, and "dark things in dark places" that lead... who knows where. Kinda depends on the author, who does admit to hearing voices in his head late at night.

@tazz... well, I suppose but I never have been able to decide if such things are just the shadows cast by the stories in ones' own mind, or somehow reflective of what is "really" out there... make a difference, since stories that depend on the storyteller are a bit... evanescent. But how do you get out of your own skin?

Green-something

(I would by no means complain if I saw another in the series... if you wish to share.)

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Great story

Right up my alley as a fan. Would almost right in with the "Shingles" series on Amazon Kindle.

My cousins - country cousins on the farm - had an old .22 pump rifle, very old. I think it was old when my dad and his sister were kids growing up on that farm. Anyway that .22 worked the way you described the model 97, Just hold the trigger and pump out those .22 shells. It held a heck of a lot of them if you loaded shorts, and they always did. That piece was hell on farm rats, would have been really good if they had night vision sights back then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Strange one

Way away from your wheelhouse. I couldn’t really get into it.

johsunjohsunalmost 3 years ago

I really like this story, and I'm hoping you can get through your backlog and do more of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For those who want to throw their money at todd here is a comment that he put in a place where very few would read it.

We have novelized the first three Needles and Delaney stories into an ebook on Amazon, titled, originally enough as "Needles and Delaney." We did that partly because so many have asked us to, partly because it was just something new to do, and partly as to protect the work - there are people who skim sites for stories then publish them as ebooks under false names. Some of the real heavy hitters here have had that happen to them.

Doc Spirit 3

johsunjohsunalmost 3 years ago

Just read this one again, still good, still fun, and I'm still hoping for more stories with Rose and Lily.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved this story. it is so different from the Shack and yet the same, written by a wonderful writer . I think you should hire a cartoonist and produce your own series of comic books. I have a second cousin who took his wife shopping on Mothers day. He bought her nothing and a $25 comic book for himself. Imagine your income if you break into that market.

Doc Spirit 3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Selling comic books made Stan Lee a multi millionaire. Even I would buy your comic book for $25 if I knew you wrote it. Just make sure to tell us here when it is out on the market. I want to buy every graphic novel you produce as soon as they hit the stands. My first cousins, both girls, left their big box of every Superman ever produced up until they both got married in their old room in their parents home. A gang of crooks broke in when the parents went on vacation and stole all of them, box and all. Imagine what they were worth. It must have been at least 4 very strong men to carry that very heavy box. I think that gang of crooks became very rich selling them off.

Was I alive when the first Superman comic came out? Yes, I was. I

remember all the paper toys produced because all the metal in the United States went into the effort to win the war. Thank God we had a steel industry in this country back then. Think about now . We could bomb the Chinese if they sell us the iron to make the bombs.

Doc Spirit 3

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Great story again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Bubba Shackleford would be proud

This reads like a short story from the MHI universe. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. You paint a very detailed picture with a broad brush. NEED SOME MORE NEEDLES AND DELANEY. I am a very real and true cowboy. Most folks think I'm rich.

KenL60KenL60almost 2 years ago

Huns released the ghouls? I wonder what their opinion was? Blame the damn French and English when it was the death that brought them (the ghouls) out. True war, both sides blame the other for all evils. Great Tale! Five things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You got me again. I had to read it all in one sitting. Thank you for all the great stories.

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 1 year ago

A great story and well crafted. The two components of a 5 star story.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Well, that was certainly different, but enjoyable. Loved the humor thrown in with the gore and blood. Would like to see more of these characters when possible. Thanks

RJDinNYRJDinNY10 months ago

"If the Juju had meant us not to eat people, he wouldn't have made us of meat." (Donald Swan and Michael Flanders) A great deviation from most stories on this site, and most enjoyable.

My old Ithaca Model 37 12 ga. shotgun would do the same thing.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker8 months ago

Not bad really. But I don't think we'll be hearing from rose and lily any time soon. Seems Todd172 has gone either on a year long sabaticle. Or possibly retired from here.. at least I hope that's all. And notjings happened to him or his family. Either way thks for the story's . Be nice to read more. But if not take care Todd. πŸ€·πŸ€·πŸ€·πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹and thks

MarkT63MarkT637 months ago

You REALLY should continue with this series.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I fear Todd 172 and the Missus have left us. This leaves me terribly sad. I've emailed them x 2 and gotten nothing back.

The last reply I got from them was some where in late Spring. These two are gifted story tellers and their loss to us, for me anyway, will be felt for a long time.

I've copied many of The Shack storied for my personal, NOT monetary, use.

God, how I wish we had them back.

-highcountryrider

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...