All Comments on 'Curse of the Kissing Cousins'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
SmallTitFanSmallTitFanover 11 years ago

You need an editor.

"She admitted it: her father's betrayal had left her with deep-seeded abandonment and commitment issues." The expression is "deep seated."

"She had built high walls to keep people, especially men, out. It was easier for her to deal with logic and knowledge than with emotions, which is why she had become an attorney." Actually, attorneys confront and deal with a tremendous amount of emotional issues in their practices; I know because that is my profession. We are not all cold, calculating automatons. You are suffering from the idea that the exaggerated stereotype of attorneys comports with reality; it does not. You should restrict your writing to topics that you understand.

"There were two people that Tammy were hoping to avoid during this brief trip." Ther verb should be "was," not "were."

Of course, you are here to tell an erotic story and there are elements of the story that were good. Many people are here just for a story and they do not care about spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. However, the more educated readers cannot help but notice these errors and they are a distraction from the story. Your story was an acceptable submission but using an editor would make it a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thanks for the edit

Yeah, thanks for the English lesson, Prof! Seriously, every word you say is right, but shouldn't you have been reading this story with a cock (or vibrator) in your hand rather than an editing pencil? There's a place for edits, and it's not here.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 11 years ago
WELCOME BACK!!!

OMG, I have missed you so much. You and I have become close friends and I am so glad you are writing again. I hope this story gets a lot of recognition and you are happy with the reactions to it. Bless you.

William smythWilliam smythover 11 years ago
A beautiful story

I enjoyed it immensely. Brought back good memories.

But was it really incest? Standard differ. In some cultures marriage--and by extension, sexual contact-- between first cousins is perfectly legal and morally acceptable.

Personally I just consider it fun.

I thought the comment from smalltitlover was uncalled for and had better been confined to a personal contact with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
TOTAL LOAD OF CRAP

Nothing but rubbish

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
THIS WAS A SLUR ON THE RED-NECK, APPALACIANS

for a misnomer about Kith-N-Kin,,,,but a good rendition, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved it!

I totally enjoyed this story! Especially the surprise about the grandparents at the end.

I would like to see another chapter, with a wedding, something that is legal in most of our country. Your characters are always so real, you are an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Oh Boy!

This is one of the worst stories I've had the displeasure of reading, if only half of the first page.. And for those who don't appreciate good grammar I guess you've found the author of your dreams...

It should be called, "Curse of the uneducated Writer".

A minus 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Excellent work

Grammer be d....d - your characters talk like normal folks and it was refreshing to say the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic!!!

This was awesome!!! I read it multiple times! And I'm big on grammar, but this was so well done that I was able to look past it! Loved it!!!

LustfulsoccermomLustfulsoccermomover 10 years ago
My my my Tara

What an excellent story. Heartfelt loving and erotic. Simply amazing.

elrayo41elrayo41over 9 years ago
TOUCHING AND SINCERE

CONGRATULATIONS. This story succeeds on many levels. First, it is a true short story with a beginning, middle and an end. A lot of what I read here misses that. Second, you maintain conflict and tension, throughout. That makes it even more erotic than the sex scene. Finally it says a lot about the characters by what it doesn't say. Well deserving of five stars. Thanks for sharing.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Memories

Wonderful story that brought back fond memories. I too had a special Kissing cousin, I'm thinking I should have married her but our futures took very different roads. Think I'll give her a call just to keep in touch. Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was perhaps a bit distracted by several errors, but believe me when I say that my fm cousin also

does rather poorly in this area. From our glances, it has been forever evident that these facts would prove

to be no obstacle to hooking up if we ever got the chance. First rate rendition!! (if factual)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kissing cousins. Been there, and then burnt to a crisp. More than 10 years of my life just gone.

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

Needs a second part where she bitch slaps the sperm donor 🤬

CristoforoColomboCristoforoColombo8 months ago

Really great story, very nicely written and believable at an emotional level. The few missing words and typos matter little when the writing is so good. I'm really shocked though to see the strong negative comments from a few people; if they can't cope with this what are they doing reading erotic literature. A real thrill to discover such a brilliant author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...