All Comments on 'Daily Life with Furry Girls Ch. 01'

by SciFurz

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
JohnCKJohnCKalmost 7 years ago
Go on

Keep writing, i want to see where this goes.

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed

And wondering, too -- any plans to finish Sheep and Wolf? Or if you have, where that's available?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
from Anonymous-E, couple of things

Cute story. Keeping the Japanese lifestyle in your characters. What's next, dog-girl, bird-girl, another cat-girl, you know?

What's the meaning of "gomen"?

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ everyone so far

Thanks for your comments. :-)

First off, yes, I'll keep writing this story line as I've always planned to but it's now added to the active list because of the unexpected popularity. I had no idea when I first started writing this a while back it would end up being unique. There are some ideas thrown out here on the 'net, but nothing had actually been written.

And I will continue with Sheep & Wolf. I get the feeling it won't end soon either but I can't say when the next chapter will arrive.

You can find the list of current active writing projects in my profile. Next up will be the next chapter to Meeting the New Enemy which I've let simmering on Patreon before another edit and submission here.

As for Daily Life, I already have up to chapter 11 available and the answer to the next species is yes. :-p One has already been deemed unexpected.

I wanted the society in this world to be less arrogant than reality and injected a bit of humble Japanese to counter it, but bits of other cultures can arise.

And "gomen" means "sorry", as in a true apology, not as in "excuse me" for which they usually say "sumimasen" (as far as my knowledge goes, YMMV, previous results are no guarantee for the future, consult your local physician, etc.).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Off to a good start.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
name of male character

So I really liked this story, but the only problem is that the male character did not even introduce himself to feli, also it is a bit wierd to keep reading guy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
not really original

japan

+

half human lady

+

going to becom heram

=

Monster Musume

I'd prefer another chapter of Meeting the New Enemy

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous 1

Thanks. :-)

I have published the first volume with 10 chapters and a seperate chapter 11 so far on Smashwords and Amazon, and have about 20 ideas in an ideas file for this series, so there's plenty to come.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous 2

*facepalm* Missed that detail.

*glances around, thinks quickly* Feli heard him introduce himself during sleep talking! Yeah, that's it. *nodnod*

I didn't have a good name for Guy when I wrote the first chapters so I used Guy because it was so generic, and then it just stuck.

It's not a real common name (only famous one I can think of is Guy Fawkes), but I've come to like it because it represents less of a specific type of protagonist.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous 3

Dingdingdingdingdingding! We have a winner! :-D

Anyone reading Monster Musume should recognise the name Okayado as mentioned in Feli's letter. :-)

And, another chapter of Meeting is coming up as I've had one ready on Patreon for a while, and I'll submit it here after another look at it for editing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
a poor copy of a manga

yeah ... this is definitely a poor copy of the manga Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou ... Smith-san using a different name ... the manga author's name is who Feli is supposed to be living with ... the quick modifications to the apartment whenever a new girl shows up ... the manga is very funny ... I very seriously doubt this cheap copy will be anywhere near as good

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ doubting anonymous

I ain't hiding what finally triggered me to start writing the furry harem that I wanted to for some time. :-)

And a poor copy indeed since it won't be like what Monster Musume's like. ;-)

And it seems the majority likes it when I look at the stats and that's good enough for me to tell me to go on writing this series.

XentianXentianalmost 7 years ago
Copy?

If I recall that manga started with a lamia... sure the premise is pretty similar but the characters and plot seem to be entirely Scifurzs own. Looking forward to the next chapter though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Interesting premise...

I like what I have read so far, however I am not familiar with Japanese comics. I had to look up the comic when I read it on some of the comments. Having said that I am also a little lost on the world you are writing about. So I have some questions, as someone with no experience with this, I hope you consider in upcoming chapters.

I don't know what exactly Feli is, other than a feline female alien. What other characteristics does she have? What about her physical abilities like sight, hearing, touch? Or her physiological functions like metabolism, diet, sleep cycle (is her species on a 24hou cycle), body temperature (what's hot/cold to her), etc.... I expect that you have the sexual aspects down, but can they have a child together? Most importantly, what is this species culture like? If you are basing them on cats, well for one they are carnivores and I think that you wrote that she made a sandwich to eat. Okay, but what else? I ask this because I'm interested with just how well you plan to use the primary reason for introducing this story and getting these two specific characters together.

What is this organization that is in charge of the exchange? Why would they allow Guy to host Feli without any background screening? If they are so insistent that he follows their guidelines for what Feli should be exposed to, why are they not chaperoning them until they are sure Guy checks out with whatever screening process they have? I'm not going to say much about the magical way his apartment was transformed. I'll just have to press the "I believe" button on that!

Story wise, I thought of some things but I think that I've already thrown a lot of questions out there. Besides, I want you to take me on a journey. Again, I only want to help you and let you know what someone with no knowledge of or expectations for this type of story.

Thank you and respectfully,

Dan

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ Xentian

You're correct. Monster Musume started off with a lamia, a monster girl he started his earlier hentai comic series with.

Soon followed by a harpy and a centaur in the first chapter and later by a slime girl, a mermaid and a spider girl later. After that he caught the interest of an ogre, a zombie and a cyclops girl from a special police force and even the shapeshifting girl in it, and a very reluctant dryad girl.

Lots of love interests and rivalry in that manga. :-)

I like the humble nature of Japanese culture so added that in the series, and the premise of controlled first contact between humans and other species as thought of by Okayado is very logical.so I sto-, borrowed that from him.

The differences between characters are that I try to make them more real and of normal intelligence than the slapstick characters in Musume, and of course that mine are furry and not monster girls, although there is overlap.

Also, I'll try to write original chapter plots and steer away from the stereotypical harem plots but no promises on completely avoiding them. :-p

And one more difference to just about any harem manga I saw until now, this is a real harem, which means the girls accept each other as lovers of Guy, even though they'll have their friendly rivalries in between.

Unless I've finished a chapter on one of the other active stories, next chapter will come after the new chapter of Meeting the New Enemy.

Otherwise there's the published volume or a little searching for impatient people. ;-)

Ge59Ge59almost 7 years ago

i would like to read more of this. It is a good start and would like to see where it goes... a bit longer chapter would be good also.... Good work Though keep it up.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ Dan

Having familiarity with Japanese comics, and in particular Monster Musume and the like, makes things easier to follow. *nods*

But most of what is related to the other species should be seen as "normal" human aspects unless it's specifically mentioned otherwise. Things could get too detailed and get in the way of the story line otherwise.

A lot of suspension of believe is needed for things like this. Or maybe better said, a lot of simple assumption is needed. For example, if there are going to be interspecies kids, it'll have to do with the simple explanation of nature's power. ;-)

As for Feli, and the characters that will follow, they are humanoid (but not too humanoid) versions of animal species as are most anthro species used in stories and they have fewer differences with humans than real alien lifeforms, apart from looks.

They are alike in more things than they know themselves (like diet, family structure, the way they live) and the interaction in the coming chapters will reveal more of the different cultures Guy comes in contact with.

It's also the basis for chapter plots to get each side to know more about the other.

For instance, one thing that Monster Musume lacks is an explanation of how humans came into contact with other species and I've thought of a plausible reason and setup for that. It will become a chapter in the series.

It will also explain why there are a lot of similarities between the species.

The exchange organisation just is for the moment but will be revealed in more detail in a later chapter too. Suffice it to say they know a lot and have some influence and despite slip-ups like the wrong address they are on top of things. They know enough of Guy to know he's trustworthy (the human culture in general is more civilised than our own so a lot less chance of bad things happening).

The organisation's power is also why they're able to pull tricks like buying out neighbouring apartments and getting a crew to do some rebuilding in a short time.

As for now it's all about setting up the daily business of the group of "people" that will form over the coming chapters and world building will be done bit by bit during the series.

I've started on writing information about this world and the Aoyu universe from several other stories and posted that on Patreon; https://www.patreon.com/scifurz?tag=pedia

Included in that will be drawings of the different girls to show what they look like.

In the meantime, write down your questions and I'll see what I can integrate into coming chapters (from 12 or higher on since up to 11 is already written and published), or give a (hopefully simple) explanation for.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ Ge59

Thanks. :-)

More will follow since it's turned out to be popular and there's up to chapter 11 available so far.

The average chapter will probably be around this long, but to compensate I'll write (hopefully as long as my imagination keeps churning up ideas) many more chapters.

As I want to feature each of the coming girls on a volume ebook (around 10 chapters/40000 words) I'll have quite an amount to write. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Huh

The similarities between this and that monster girls anime... uncanny.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ surprised anonymous

*points to earlier comments above*

*or below, depending on point of view*

It's all there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written

An interesting light but loving beginning

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anonymous

Thanks! :-)

It's going to be a fluffy (pun partially intended) series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

"Gomen?"

The fuck is this weeb shit?

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ knee-jerk anonymous

Apparently something that sets you into a panic with just one or two foreign words and prevents you from writing down a civilized comment. :-p

I don't recommend reading further. :-)

magikman233magikman233almost 7 years ago
meh

a little weeaboo for my taste but the story itself is solid,just don't fall into the same trap alot of anime themed writers do on here and make your main character completely OP. also it's clear you never took japanese,you're misspelling some of the words you've translated into romaji (romanized japanese) Gomen is not the word you use,it's Gome pronounced Go-May or the full word which is Gomenasai pronounced Go-may-naa-sai. i don't mean any disrespect to you which is why i am posting under my actual profile unlike the cowards who post criticism anonymously,however i do recommend you take at least a correspondence course in japanese to avoid these types of gaffes in the future

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ magikamn233

Funny how two foreign words cause some assumptions. :-)

The series itself isn't specifically anime themed and I in general don't care about genres and just write how I like it to be, taking inspiaration and bits and pieces of diverse sources (I also dislike the need some have to put things into a single category).

I do like some anime though, notably Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon.

I haven't indeed taken any formal Japanese lessons apart from a few audio lessons when I still had the time for it, but the prevailing spelling is still "gomen" (Google search and translate also suggests gomen when searching for gomay, as well as another translation service which adds romaji to the kanji).

Since plenty of people have no experience with foreign languauges I'll have to stick with it, but I'd like to see where "gomay" or "gome" is given for the translation.

Thinking about it, it might also have to do with the native language since that influences pronounciation of characters. I myself am familiar with english (British), german, dutch, french, spanish and there are plenty of differences between those.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Don't listen to magikman and his half-knowledge of Japanese

While it may be true that you never took Japanese classes, magikman probably never took them either. You are correct in using 'gomen' for quick, informal 'sorry's, even if it sounds odd used in an English text. The full, more formal expression in Japanese is 'gomen nasai', often wrongly joined together in romanisations as 'gomenasai'. As for magikman's laughable attempts at giving pronunciations to the word... No. Japanese doesn't even have that 'ay' sound, and the first a in 'nasai' isn't any longer than the other vowels in the word.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 7 years agoAuthor
@ correcting anonymous

That's why I wondered where his explanation came from. I couldn't find anything about his way of pronounciation. Thought it might be a dialect.

Using the Japanese words might look strange, but I'm using those as a stronger form of "sorry" and "thank you" in this case.

There'll be more non-english words coming up in the series to emphasise this world isn't the world we inhabit here and that there's a more global feeling among humans there.

EzDemon187EzDemon187over 6 years ago
Great first chapter

Really enjoying the story, first thing I've read on this site and can't wait to read more of it. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
And Again!

Second of your stories I’ve read, and again it deserves more stars. I have read Winter Warmth several times now, and this series appears to be as good. Looking forward to reading the rest.

Keep up the excellent writing! Munchie184

Not trying to hide, but Lit won’t let me log in anymore. Lol

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ EZabbot0421

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the rest, although these are only the first versions and lack a few things that I updated in the ebooks.

SciFurzSciFurzover 6 years agoAuthor
@ Munchie184

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the rest as well.

At least you're lucky that the stories here aren't hidden behind a login. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No one else gonna ask? Okay.

Okay, everyone seems too busy praising you to ask, but is there anything explicitly erotic to justify it being on Literotica? Is there anything here that justifies you leaving out a Clean or No-Sex tag? Do you ever explicitly describe sex acts in detail, even if it's just in one chapter in service to the plot? Or is it just more of this low detail barely ecchi level BS that more and more authors are disingenuously sneaking onto this site without the appropriate tags to trick people into reading their stuff?

Okay, I know that came off as a bit rhetorical but I'd really like to know. What I've read so far is good, but sometimes I don't want good Lit, I want good erotica, and reading one when all you want is the other can leave a bad taste in one's mouth. Please, tell me what I'm dealing with here so I'll know if I should save it for when I'm in the mood for porn, or for plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Monster masume

Seems to much like a certain anime I know

WhatthehellmanWhatthehellmanalmost 6 years ago
Good

The grammar is kind of weird and hard to follow sometimes. Sometimes it seems like either words are missing or there are extra words. It seems formal at times and makes me think that its translated but it's not that big of a deal. Other than that the story is good and is a reference to monster musume which I like.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@ wondering anonymous

The reason it's on Literotica while being non-erotic is it's because readers here enjoy it too.

As simple as that.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. ;-)

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@ knowing anonymous

It was the incentive to write the furry harem I wanted to write for some time.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@ Whatthehellman

Many things have been fixed in the ebook version when I got the time to relax and review while writing, and some is from knowing a couple of languages.

And if it wasn't for seeing the acceptance of Monster Musume I might have never made this furry harem story public.

erebustitan43erebustitan43almost 6 years ago
question.....

what the hell is Gomen? and why does he keep saying it?

instead of using Japanese words for things like thanks and no worries, why not just have him say those actual words.

I'm just use to writers making their character's straight forward in their speech.

SciFurzSciFurzalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@ erebustitan43

Why ask when you already know it's Japanese? :-p

I like the use of a few key foreign words when I need something more meaningful.

But then I'm not your standard kind of writer. ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cute

Good simple start, with lots of chapters listed so hopefully it builds well. Pretty sure there's an isekai-esque or monmusu inspiration behind it but I like it. Looking forward to chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Love it monster museme reskin

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's a really nice start. The logic for her to stay at his place is a little thin, however.

jckmorrisjckmorrisabout 3 years ago

This might seem like a dumb question but is this set in Japan? Just wondered if mc was expat .

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

What country does this take place?

tiercenpttiercenptover 1 year ago

So you just copied "Monster Musume" (Anime/Manga).

I don't know how I feel about it yet. I'll see if you just copied it or also bring your own personal spin to it.

tiercenpttiercenptover 1 year ago

for those wondering what "Gomen" means, its "Sorry" in japanese/english translation

Gadf77Gadf772 months ago

I'm quite liking this story so far. But I think it would be better to write the story in Full English. Instead of with Japanese words mixed in. It's distracting and most people don't know what those words mean anyway so it seems kinda pointless to me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSciFurz@SciFurz
2069 Followers
Check the changelog for announcements on published e-books and chapter releases, drawings, and other writing and art: https://scifurz.wordpress.com (also if you want to support me) and there's https://mastodon.art/@scifurz as well for daily micro fiction. Enjoy your reading...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES